PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Mutants & Masterminds 3e. Help with a character

Damocles23
2016-03-25, 02:35 AM
Hi, everyone. We just came back from watching BvS (Which was great, by the way.) and an old friend of ours proposed me to play in his M&M campaign. He's basing it on the DCU and it's about an invasion of Gotham City led by Bane with the help of Ares. Which is awesome. What kind of character should I play. I haven't been playing in a while and I needed some brainstorming. The party so far is made of a Superman-Lite and a fire slinging metahuman. I was thinking of a Mystic Type character, someone with control over space, able of teleporting and summoning or a magical warrior with an energy sword. Any ideas? We aren't allowed to use canon characters by the way.

cesius
2016-03-25, 08:37 AM
Mystic types are great for versatility and can basically do anything with the appropriate array or dynamic array. Magical warrior with energy sword is more niche but could be simpler to build because of it. Think archetypes: would you rather play Zatanna or Luke Skywalker?

Damocles23
2016-03-25, 01:17 PM
I kinda had an idea about an Atlantean Sorcerer. Remember Kaldur from Young Justice? Hydrokinesis sounds pretty versatile.

cesius
2016-03-25, 03:40 PM
Ah, yeah that could be a lot of fun. Using Young Justice is a great place for inspiration. Kaldur's more of an up front bruiser and could be a bash-brother with the superman-lite. It kind of depends on how you want to approach situations or the character's personality.