PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Help with some rule wording - Liber Vampyr

Jeivar
2016-03-25, 06:50 AM
A friend of mine is planning to run a Pathfinder game in a homebrewed Transylvania-esque setting, and he's going to allow character classes and feats from Liber Vampyr. For those who don't know, Liber Vampyr is primarily for making playable vampire characters, by taking the Revenant template, and levels in three different vampire classes, called cruomancy classes. Archetypal vampiric powers are gained by taking special vampire feats. Here's what I'm wondering about:

"This is a new category of feats which is used primarily to identify which feats characters with levels in cruomancy classes can take as bonus feats."

Should I interpret this to mean that vampire feats can ONLY be taken when the class table allows a bonus feat, or can I also use my Human starting feat and character level feats to take vampire feats? Does "bonus feat" refer exclusively to class feats?

meschlum
2016-03-25, 12:04 PM
Fighter feats can be taken with your normal feats (or only fighters would ever have them!). They are identified as Fighter feats because fighters gets lots of bonus feats, and can't take any feat they want with them.

Human Fighter 1: 1 feat from level, 1 feat from human, 1 Fighter Bonus Feat. You can take Weapon Focus 3 times (not that you'd want to). You can't take Skill Focus 3 times (Skill Focus is not a Fighter Feat).

Presumably the same applies here, with a different category (much like sorcerers have bloodline feats that they can take with their bonus feats). Depending on the feat you're looking at, there may be extra requirements - a feat that allows anyone to heal by drinking blood (without being undead or vampiric in the least) is probably bad design.