PDA

View Full Version : Support Friendly Word for Brussels

Zhentarim
2016-03-25, 10:56 AM
In light of the terrorist attack in Brussles, I wanted to make sure all of our Belgian gamers are alright. If anybody else has anything to say in support of Brussles, say it here.

Togath
2016-03-25, 01:24 PM
It's sad that so many were hurt...
But Belgium did sort of taunt the people behind it, and the massive news coverage of how Belgium had struck such a blow against the ones behind the Paris events can not have helped(there's a reason more and more the names of criminals aren't released to the news right away in many places, as it helps prevent/slow copycats or acts of revenge. I can't help but wonder if the events in Brussels might have been less damaging or prevented altogether had there not been massive coverage of the arrest).
Still... My heart goes out to those hurt and killed, and my hopes that those injured will recover swiftly, and that this will be a lesson that can be used to hopefully prevent any more tragedies.

Bobbybobby99
2016-03-25, 01:30 PM
I honestly sort of feel like someone, I don't know, shot a kitten. Or drowned a sea turtle with motor oil.

Brussels didn't do anything to them (that they didn't deserve) :smallfrown:.

Mono Vertigo
2016-03-25, 01:42 PM
I'm not living in Brussels anymore (I was born and lived there for 20 years). My mother and her friends are okay. I really hope I won't end up seeing a familiar name among the victims list.
(My mom lives in the neighbourhood where the arrests in Tuesday 15 happened. Holy crap.)
And screw the scum who did it, and whoever wants to do it again.

Knaight
2016-03-25, 08:11 PM
It's a bad situation. I mourn for Brussels, for Ankara, for Grand Basam, and for the two attacks today in Iskandariya and Aden. It's a mess, and I hope that the injured in all these places recover, and that them and those lucky enough not to be in the attack weather it okay.

Crow
2016-03-26, 02:04 AM
It's sad that so many were hurt...
But Belgium did sort of taunt the people behind it, and the massive news coverage of how Belgium had struck such a blow against the ones behind the Paris events can not have helped(there's a reason more and more the names of criminals aren't released to the news right away in many places, as it helps prevent/slow copycats or acts of revenge. I can't help but wonder if the events in Brussels might have been less damaging or prevented altogether had there not been massive coverage of the arrest).

Feels like a case of national victim blaming, but I'm sure this stuff does play a role. It sure does in domestic mass shootings. Regardless, in this case the months of planning and surveillance that went into this attack preceded the event you speak of.

Gwynfrid
2016-03-26, 11:06 AM
Thoughts and sympathy for our brothers and sisters in Belgium. That's not much, I know. But that's something.