PDA

View Full Version : The Temple of Zamrel: Grand Re-Opening

Cathrindir
2007-06-20, 06:38 PM
The large white temple stretches up for two stories, more impressing with its length than its height. A large gold plaque on the front of the building reads as follows:
'Special Thanks to Hard-Ware for Constructing the Temple of Zamrel'.
The symbol of Zamrel is emblazoned on the front of the Temple, and two warforged guard stand at attention in front of the door, wearing the garb and holy symbol of a worshipper of Zamrel. Two large statues stand near them on either side of the stairs leading up to the Temple, depicting a man in sea green armor. The great azure doors open soundlessly, revealing a huge room stretching on for several hundred feet. A gigantic pool, two hundred meters long and two dozen feet deep, is filled with water, but without a single ripple on the surface. Small green lights echo from the bottom, perfectly cut emeralds that have been illuminated. Several rooms to the left and right open into smaller rooms, their doorways built under large tile depictions of rolling waves.
The first few rooms have small other pools, intended for meditation and inspiration, with foliage growing around them, and tropical fish playing and feeding. Other rooms lead to small hot tubs, intended for relaxation. A few lead to rooms holding holy scripts. At the end of the pool, there's a larger version of the statue you saw as you entered, except set in marble instead of iron. Wielding a dagger in one hand and a mace in the other, his eyes are closed, his bearded face wracked with concentration, and he is dressed in fish mail.
A large flight of stone stairs leads upwards behind the statue, onto a beautiful terrace with a view of the entire town. A large swimming pool is beside it, and beyond that, a beautiful view of the sparkling sea.

Previous Threads
The Construction of the Temple (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17826)
Thread I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17662)

Profile for Zamrel
Alignment: Neutral Good
Domains: Water, Healing, Nature, Knowledge
Secondary Domains: Good, Law, Magic, Plant, Sun, Air
Forbidden Domains: Destruction, Evil, War, Fire

God of the Sea, and of all life living in it.

Priest Granted Powers

Create Water: Twice per day.
As the spell Create Water, though the water is sweet and sustenant, and is equivelant to one meal for a medium sized creature each day.

Wave: Once per day.
You use any existing water source large enough to create a wave, (it must be at least eight gallons) and create a small or large wave, depending on the amount of water used.

Gallons Used l Damage Taken
8 Gallons l 1d4-2 Crushing damage
10 Gallons l 1d4 Crushing Damage
15 Gallons l 1d6 Crushing Damage
30 Gallons l 1d8 Crushing Damage
40 Gallons l 1d10 Crushing Damage
50 Gallons l 1d12 Crushing Damage
60 Gallons l 1d12+4 Crushing Damage

Temple Facilities:

-Pools: The large pool (resembling the Washington Memorial's pool) in the entrance hall is not intended for swimming, or for doing anything other than preforming ceremonies. The meditation pools are also not intended for swimming. The relaxation pools and the pool resting on the balcony of the second floor are intended for relaxation and swimming.

-Entrance Hall: The large hall with the main ceremony pool and the statue of Zamrel is intended for worship and the preforming of ceremonies.

-Meditation Pools: Intended to find inspiration, or just to relax and watch the tropical fish.

-Holy Script Chambers: intended to read and study the scripts of Zamrel.

-Cathrindir's Quarters: Cathrindir's private quarters are located on the below-ground floor, near the NPC bedrooms.

-Store-Rooms: Filled to the brim with herbs, these are where Clerics practice their medicinal studies.

-NPC Rooms: Small rooms on the lower floor, these are where the Clerics of the Temple reside.

Priest-Hoods

High Priest: Cathrindir.
Lesser Priest: Clover von Fortunis Deceased
All other positions for Temple Management and Leadership are open.

An enormous white banner on the front of the Temple displays the words,
"GRAND RE-OPENING"

Cathrindir
2007-06-20, 06:47 PM
Cathrindir, having put the finishing touches on the Temple and the pipe system, sits back and sighs. "Nice to be back."
An NPC turns to him. "What shall we do in the way of publicity?"
"I'll see if I can find Atreyu and some other willing visitors tommorrow, but in the meantime, I'm going to Trog's." Cathrindir grins and sits up, then exits the Temple.

Cathrindir
2007-06-21, 02:36 PM
Cathrindir waves to the warforged and enters the Temple with a grin. He gestures around to the inside of the building and says "Here it is."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 02:38 PM
*Atreyu trots in after him, "oooooh"ing as he does* "Wow. It really looks great!"

Cathrindir
2007-06-21, 02:40 PM
"Thanks. We finished the tiling and, finally, the pipe system." He waves to a few NPCs. "All we need now is a little publicity and some willing priests."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 02:43 PM
"I'll help however I can! I really like this place and the kids do, too." *He trots around looking at the pools and the decoration*

Cathrindir
2007-06-21, 02:47 PM
"Well, that's good." He smiles and follows. "I'm not sure I want to go so far as handing out fliers...it is a Temple, after all...but maybe just mentioning it to people occasionally would work well. And, of course, we need some security...most of the NPCs are low level, and I can't be in here all the time. Did you hear about that crazy person who tried to steal a canoe?"

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 02:49 PM
A female llama walks up to Atreyu
Hi! I'm Llamette!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 02:49 PM
*He looks up, shocked, at Cathrindir* "A canoe??"

*he looks even more shocked to see a female llama walk up* 'llamaette?"

Cathrindir
2007-06-21, 02:54 PM
"Yeah, a ceremonial canoe. It's intended for sailing down the ceremonial pool during, as could be expected, cermonies." He shakes his head. "I lost two NPCs because of that." He looks at the female Llama and debates the odds of seeing two Llamas in the same temple.

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 02:56 PM
My parents weren't very smart. Anyway, I heard there was another intelligent llama in the Town, and thought "I really should try and meet this guy." I mean, how many of us are there?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 02:56 PM
*his look of sadness is mingled with his look of confusion*

(work is closing...I'll be gone for a few hours....sorry)

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 02:59 PM
Llamette turns to Cathrindir
Does this happen a lot?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 03:03 PM
*the llama, since he so rarely sees others, seems to have gone into a state of "llama shock." He just stares ahead and mumbles a little bit.*

(see ya)

Cathrindir
2007-06-21, 03:08 PM
"Yeah, I think it happened a few days ago. He called it "llama shock"." He sighs.
((Crap, there's a tornado warning for the county I live in. :smalleek: I might have to go soon.))

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 04:57 PM
Apparantly, he's not the only one suffering from it. Or maybe that's just dead time...

Cathrindir
2007-06-21, 07:43 PM
Nah, it's just dead time.
Cathrindir shakes his head as he returns to the land of the living. "Gah. I'm back."

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 07:46 PM
(I meant Llamette. I don't think non-llamas can go into llama shock.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 08:45 PM
(it is very unusual for non-llamas to go into llama shock, but there may be some instances buried in ancient writings in the past.)

*The llama recovers from his affliction and looks around*

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 08:46 PM
Llamette also recovers
So, what's your story?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 08:50 PM
"Oh," *he wags* "well, I was used by a farmer as a work horse until one day a wizard came along and purchased from the farmer. The wizard needed a horse for a knight to ride into battle and I was that the wizard had, but I wasn't trained to be a war horse, so the wizard woke me up and then after the fight, he dropped me off in Town. Now I'm a reserve steed for Camelot."

"How about you? I don't see many talking llamas around Town."

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 08:54 PM
I'm still trying to figure it out. I've been inteligent for as long as I can remember.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 08:58 PM
"Oh. That's kinda neat. Were all the llamas intelligent where you were from?"

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-21, 08:59 PM
The Sea Hunter enters the temple and looks around.

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 09:00 PM
She shakes her head
Not by a long shot. My parents named me Llamette. How smart would you say that is?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 09:04 PM
"That was kind of an odd name, but I didn't want to mention it. It seemed kinda rude."

*The llama...ummm....Atreyu trots over to the Sea Hunter and uses skills picked up from his time at Inari's as a priest.* "Hi welcome to the temple. May the blessings of Ina....Zamrel be upon you."

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 09:07 PM
Don't worry, I'm used to it. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it legally changed. The main problem was that Llamette and Llamigo were the only names in the country for llamas.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 09:10 PM
(^^ Look Admiral, I editted my post for you.)

*He turns back to the other llama.* "I had a kid pick out my name, for a long time I just went by "The llama. Maybe one can pick out a name for you."

(History fact: the ghost of the kid's mother reinforced it as his name while the llama slept. It was meant to be a present for him because she felt that he deserved a name. He has no idea that she did this.)

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 09:13 PM
The major problem with it is proving that there are only two names in the coutry. Since the other llamas can't talk, and any use of an Awaken spell gets slammed as conspiracy.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-21, 09:14 PM
The Sea Hunter recognizes the lama from the tavern. "Thank you, friend. I don't normally enter temples as I don't worship gods but they do have their usefulness."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 09:18 PM
*To the Sea Hunter* "You are welcome in Zamrel's temple. I don't know that much about him, but Cathrindir is a good guy, so his God should be too, right?"

*To the lady llama* "hmmmm. Maybe you need a druid to help you with making them talk or talking to them?"

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 09:20 PM
Trust me, I've tried. Same conspiracy accusations.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-21, 09:22 PM
"Thank you, I'll go look for him now."

The Sea Hunters wanders the temple in search of the one named Cathrindir.

(( Character deadtime, seeing how he's not online. ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 09:28 PM
*he waves a hoof goodbye to the Hunter and turns back to LLamette.*

"That sounds like a problem. A tough one, too."

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 09:37 PM
I know! I think that there's an initiation into law school that involves being drained of all emotion.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 09:42 PM
"Yikes. That's probably true. Sounds creepy."

We don't have any good lawyers anymore. What could of name would you like, if you get a new one?"

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 09:45 PM
Just one that's a bit less general.

(I made her part of the character page in about 30 seconds.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 09:55 PM
(hahhaha!)

*He ponders this as he trots around the temple, absent mindedly*

Vhaidara
2007-06-21, 09:58 PM
Llamette goes into deadtime.

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-06-21, 10:00 PM
Samson strolls in, nodding to the Warforged guards, looking around the large building, his Tan Trenchcoat wrapped around him, his arms deep in his pockets. "What kind of god is this Zamrel?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 10:28 PM
*The llama trots over* "This is the Temple of Zamrel. He's a deity of water."
"May his blessings flow over you."

(Sorry, Carrion.)

Vhaidara
2007-06-22, 12:28 AM
Llamette walks out.

Cathrindir
2007-06-22, 09:56 AM
Cathrindir turns to Samson. "He is the god of the sea, and of all the life living in it. Welcome to the Temple." He looks at Atreyu with a smile. "Thanks for handling the visitors while I was deadtimed."
He yawns and stretches, then glances out the door. "Come to think of it, I need to be getting to the Toy and Gift shop soon." He calls over a few NPCs and gives them some instructions on handling the visitors, and then waves to the Llama and leaves.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-22, 03:27 PM
*Atreyu hangs around the temple and gets a tour of which fountains he's allowed to drink from and which it is frowned upon to drink from. A random NPC mentions that the new toy store should be opening soon. As soon as he finds out where it is, the llama flees the temple.*