PDA

View Full Version : Conquest and Famine.

Elite Hatter
2016-03-25, 01:46 PM
I'm currently running a game for my players themed on the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. They have no idea that's the theme and just think they're shutting down random cults to level up. The are currently on the band of Ruin (named after War's horse, cause why not) and it's leader or "champion" is Hercules. The angry drunk from the myth. Not Disney.

For death I am planning a vena - like character.

But Conquest and Famine have me stumped.

I was thinking a slick, silver tongued, fast talking teifling, based somewhat on the Bibles anti-christ, kind of character for Conquest. Idk I'm still open.

And Famine..... I'm lost. I want the cult, and ultimately it's leader to represent absolute taking. As in they cause famine by taking what others have. Possessions, loved ones, good health, their reputations. Literally everything. I was thinking a particularly powerful coven of hags. But again, I'm open.

I should also mention the leaders are not the big bads, they're just..... puppets being invisibly strung along by the 4. Who have been unknowingly bestowed with a microcosm of each of their respective horsemans power and "Domain"

Thanks in advance

JeffreyGator
2016-03-25, 04:03 PM
For conquest, I would go with slavers of some sort. More brutal and less slick. The horsemen and the anti-Christ are very distinct characters in John's Apocalypse.

Conquest rides a white horse and has a bow and crown. Perhaps a slick slaver that is more brutal. I am guessing that something based on the 4 horsemen is going to be dark.

I really like the hag idea, but checking the primary source text I am thinking of greedy merchants being the cause of famine.

Rev 6:5-6 ESV When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand.

And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”

Elite Hatter
2016-03-25, 04:07 PM
For conquest, I would go with slavers of some sort. More brutal and less slick. The horsemen and the anti-Christ are very distinct characters in John's Apocalypse.

Conquest rides a white horse and has a bow and crown. Perhaps a slick slaver that is more brutal. I am guessing that something based on the 4 horsemen is going to be dark.

I really like the hag idea, but checking the primary source text I am thinking of greedy merchants being the cause of famine.

Rev 6:5-6 ESV When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand.

And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”

So more of a Scrooge type. Just to the.... well more extreme.

And the slavery idea is one I hadn't even thought of. And your correct. This is not a pretty campaign. They don't know it yet, but despair, ruin, fear, and Glory of the 4 will be running wild all around them

Berenger
2016-03-25, 04:11 PM
Conquest: Greogre Clegane and his merry men.