PDA

View Full Version : lich ruler

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

ByeLindgren
2007-07-09, 04:14 AM
Now I'm a bit confused... We couldn't still be in the surprise round due to the actions taken, so we're in the middle of round 1? Or was that just an extended version of a surprise round?

Martin watches Yorrick tear a hole into the weakened Ogre. "Wow, that's a hit."

Methalor
2007-07-09, 07:53 AM
Nope, we're (mostly) good. I see your point, though, standard actions only in the surprise round.

Daiy's action is perfectly fine, only a standard action.
Martin's action is perfectly fine.

Now, there's a special rule whereby charges can be done in the surprise round (and only in the surprise round) as a standard action only. By that logic:

Yorrick's move is perfectly all right.
Neshi's move is all right if you consider it a charge (makes sense - the way he described it, it sounded rathermuch like it). His attack roll should technically be +2 more (no matter, Ogre's shouldn't have an AC of 18 anyway) and his AC will be -2 next round.

The ONLY move that doesn't quite fit is Chuck's Flurry of Blows. That's easy enough to remedy, if Derek wants to play strictly by the rules - just nix the second attack and add +1 to the first roll to negate the Flurry of Blows penalty. I have no idea what this Surge thing does; never heard of it before. But, if it's activated as a free action, then we're all good.

Ohhh, and Chuck's move would have to be a charge - +2 attack (meaning he really should hit) and -2 to AC.

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-09, 08:04 AM
This is definitely an OOC note. Be prepared to laugh...somewhat. Hey Methalor! Or should I call you Will? Y'know what? The overdramatic not-so-heal-bot Neshi sulks in a corner. A standard attack is a standard move, right? But he moved... well, assuming the ogres weren't right in front of the party. Anyhow, I could say that was a charge attack like Yorrick's but Neshi's 14 HP and 18 AC have staged a rally.

Daiyanissa
2007-07-09, 08:38 AM
Daiy takes another shot at her ogre with her crossbow, picking him off easily.

Attack
CRITICAL!
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142565
18 TO CONFIRM
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142572

Dmg
8X2=16
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142565

((OOC: Take that Bitch!))

wingover gimble
2007-07-09, 01:47 PM
((OOC: So my bad about not rolling initative becuase of the suprise round. here it is [roll0] umm ya a map thingamabob would help alot. Me and yorrick are flankin this batard right so we get a + 2))

wingover gimble
2007-07-09, 02:09 PM
Surge gives you a bonus from your flurry of blows a plus1 so you only take a minus one and my Ac is 22 becuase if surge and becuase i get a plus 4 vs gaints, trolls, ogres ect. it acts like a haste spell and gives you a plus 20ft to your movement adn plus 2 to ac.

de-trick
2007-07-09, 03:39 PM
ok you killed them both before they could attack, never even had a chance to attack with them.:smallfrown:

but xp
3000 each

for 2 ogres, 7 hobgoblins, and roleplaying

Methalor
2007-07-09, 04:00 PM
(OOC:

Oh. My.

We're just too awesome. :smalltongue: And here I thought we were totally toast...

Does this stack with the earlier 1000 XP for roleplaying? So, is it 4000 XP from the start of the campaign or 3000 XP?

Pull out your character sheets, it's time to level up! :smallbiggrin:

HP Roll: 1d10=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1143481)

)

Daiyanissa
2007-07-09, 04:15 PM
((OOC: Let's search these big boys.))

I guess I'll just take 20 on this, we have a few minutes.

Daiyanissa, still weak from the episode earlier, slips off of her horse and makes her way towards the ogres. She kneels beside the one she killed and starts to pray, 'Oh my Loyal fury, please take these souls and guide them safely to the underworld. Protect them as you would I, Thank you. Amen'

With that she rests her head to the ground and stands back up. She grabs her greatsword, stumbles back to the dead, and tries to dig with it. After a few tries she leans on her sword, exhausted. She quietly tries to catch her breath so no one will notice her exhaustion, and flushes a bit when she raises her head and dizziness takes over.

'I guess Im not up to this just yet...' She thinks as she starts to fade in and out, her head light from the exertion. She slides slowly to the ground, and leans on the flat side of her sword, resting her head back on it with her eyes closed.

((OOC: I'll do my Char sheet in a bit. It'll be done tonight.))

de-trick
2007-07-09, 05:56 PM
4000 xp total

2 large hide armor, 2 large great axes, 100 gp, 200 cp, and a bag of holding level 2 filled with lumber.

ByeLindgren
2007-07-09, 06:05 PM
Wow, that happened quickly. I guess I understand why the hobgoblins wanted a surprise attack.

"Hmm..."

Ping! Martin is suddenly rushed with an epiphany. "Ah, suddenly the books are so clear! That's how I turn a pork rind into a slippery batch of grease!"

Martin haphazardly waves his hands, says a few words and proceeds to slip and fall flat on his backside.

"Hooray!"

HP Roll: [roll0]

Daiyanissa
2007-07-09, 06:35 PM
2 large hide armor, 2 large great axes -> Cart
100 gp, 200 cp -> Party Gold
bag of holding level 2-> Who wants it?

de-trick
2007-07-09, 08:06 PM
You could dump out the lumber

Methalor
2007-07-10, 02:59 PM
Multiclassed, so my character sheet isn't fully updated yet.

Let's keep the lumber in the Bag of Holding. We're not having any trouble with carrying things yet. Lumber doesn't sell for much... BUT, who knows what kind of crazy plan we can come up with using it? Every tool at our disposal!

Daiyanissa
2007-07-10, 05:46 PM
Opening her eyes, she raised her head and looked up to the sky, 'I wonder why I am so tired, why I can't even do the most menial of tasks. Oh Loyal Fury, my lord, give me strength to serve the day to you in honor' She places her hand on her heart, and warmth spreads through her, coursing through her fingertips and into her very soul.

Lay on Hands, 1 point

Smiling slightly at the familiar warmth within her that she had missed dearly, she stands up and withdraws her sword from the ground, and finishes the grave for the ogres. She kisses her hand and places it on her heart again, whispering her thanks to Torm.

Feeling at peace at last, she walks over to her horse and mounts.

"Ok folks, let's continue on! She yells and motions Sir Micheal onwards.

ByeLindgren
2007-07-10, 06:33 PM
"The ogres were... collecting wood? So they were lumberjacks."

Martin's confusion wipes away into concern and a bit of anger. He addresses the group.

"Why did we attack, and kill, lumberjacks, without provocation?"

Daiyanissa
2007-07-10, 06:41 PM
"They were evil. Leave it at that." she said shortly, still facing forward, urging the party on.

ByeLindgren
2007-07-11, 01:12 AM
Martin looks around to find a general consensus and sighs.

Sometimes I don't think I have the stomach for adventuring...

de-trick
2007-07-11, 02:02 AM
you guy's keep on going till night Will you set up camp or keep going. PS you are in hilly plains with tall grass and that few trees.

Daiyanissa
2007-07-11, 08:11 AM
"Ok, let's set up camp, I'll take guard duty tonight"

Spot
15+5=20

Listen
16+5=21

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1146241

de-trick
2007-07-11, 10:01 AM
Daiy are you taking watch all night

if you did you are fatigued for tommorrow, but nothing showed up during the night
Edit: Neshi takes second watch

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-11, 01:05 PM
In the immediate aftermath of the battle with the ogres...

Neshi barely felt his blade slice into the ogre's paunch. He tried to draw it back and prepare another strike, but it seemed that it was hooked onto some bone within the massive monster. He desperately tried to pull it out again but it was lodged firmly in the ogre’s flesh.

“Thousand spitting camels!” Neshi swore beneath his breath. Gritting his teeth, he drew a sickle and flexed his knees, preparing for the inevitable counterattack.

His opponent grinned with blood frothing at its tusked maw as it raised its huge axe. The eyes of the Eker'ri glazed over with crimson mist--- whether with bloodlust or a fey premonition, Neshi knew not.

The heavy axe head gleamed wickedly as it swayed in the air for a moment then came crashing down with all the strength of the mountain-spawned monster. Neshi tried to dodge but knew the strike was too fast, too powerful, and so he raised his shield and hoped to the highest heavens that he’d have the strength to weather such a blow. Despite his training, despite his discipline, he closed his eyes against the coming blow and was glad that his helm hid this shame.

TA-KRACK! SHKLURTSH!

The blow never came. Neshi opened his eyes and nearly started back when he saw his foe’s weapon swaying a handbreadth from his face, a hair away from splitting his skull open and rending his whole body asunder.

He dared look up and whistled appreciatively. A crossbow quarrel, fletched with the same feathers as the bolt in his foe’s ribs, was stuck in the ogre’s right eye, sunk nearly up to its whole length--- only the last bits of feather were visible.

Blood dripping down his face and chin, the ogre’s jaw hung agape, shocked at Daiyanissa’s skill. The hands of the Eker’ri twitched in their death-spasms and the axe fell to the ground from nerveless fingers. The ogre stumbled back for a few steps and then collapsed utterly.

WH-BODOGG!

The monsters fell with a great crash, like one of the trees the twain had felled. Neshi glanced back at the cart and locked eyes with Daiyanissa. “Awesome archery, milady! Truly, even in thy condition, thou art a blade a bow above all others!” Was it divine inspiration that guided her skillful shot or was it something far more sinister, something that knew what darkness lay in the heart of that Eker’ri, judged it unworthy of her blessing and so made her strike true?

Yeeessss, my dear… thou doth still know me well…

Neshi shivered at the sinister whisper. Was it some shadow in the wind or that which spawned shadows? At these dire thoughts, he shuddered again and nervously made the Sign of the Falcon over his heart.

Armor clinked and the breeze sighed. Neshi heard a heavy blade sink into the soil, jarring him out of his dreadful reverie. He tried to make some contact with Daiyanissa but her eyes were obscured, both by her helm and some stray locks of red hair.

He saluted her and then turned to his fellow warrior, Yorrick. He was leaning on his great sword, seemingly drained after the exertion. His armor and face were spattered with a deluge of blood and the ground at his feet was slick with gore. His crushing blow must have cloven straight through the neck and out the armpit, for Yorrick’s ogre was missing both its head and left arm.

Neshi strode boldly over the carcasses of their foes, clapped him on the shoulder, and said, “Thou hast done well, trooper. Thou hast the strength of a lion and the courage of a crocodile” His face then turned stern as he continued, “But then, my good fellow, if we were in the army, thou’d likely been assigned to latrine duty for thy insubordination yet promoted for thy fearsome feat” Neshi again clapped him on the shoulder and laughed.

Turning to Chuck, he remarked, “Once again, thy battle prowess hath amazed me, little man. Truly, the world of war hath grown great indeed to produce warriors of thy ilk”

Neshi walked over to the fallen Martin and offered him both congratulations and a hand to help him back to his feet. “Mage Martin, without thy spell, we would have likely suffered gravely… methinks that but one good blow from one of those Eker’ri would have shivered any of us betwain in one fell blow”

But then, as Neshi got close enough to aid Martin’s standing, he clattered to the ground in a thunderous crash of armor. “Shards of…!” he sputtered. He tried to get up again, but came crashing down once more in the greasy spot.

Giving up, he crawled out of Martin’s space and was somewhat surprised to find that the greasiness faded away from the mage. He looked around for a long stick to use to help Martin out of the quagmire but merely scratched his head in puzzlement when Neshi saw that Martin had already gotten up and was having no difficulty.

The digging of graves…

Chk…shhk…chkk…

Neshi’s brow furrows at the sound of digging. He whirls around and staggers aghast at Daiyanissa trying to dig graves for the fallen Eker’ri. Why does she not let them lie and feed the vultures? But then, if so she wills, then so be it.

The young templar would have rushed forward and dragged her away from such a menial task, especially in her condition… but her words earlier flashed back to him, sapping his strength. “…stay the hell away.”

As she stumbled away from her new-scratched furrows in the ground, Neshi pleads to her, “Milady, I beg of thee! Tax not thy strength thusly!”

His countenance grew stern once more as he walked over to the ogre whom he’d helped slay. He put a foot on its belly for leverage then took a firm grip on the hilt of his khopesh.

With a sick, squelching sound, he pulled it free of the vile carcass’ guts. Neshi leveled the blade, still dripping with gore at the hobgoblins in the cart. He roared at them, “GET OUT!”

He strode forward to the trembling lot and slashed his sword in front of their faces, causing ogre blood to flick into their eyes. Blinking in terror and loathing, they cringe away from their tormentor. “Bury the Eker’ri, thou brigands!” Neshi ordered, menacing them with the flat of his blade.

Neshi sighed, and said to Daiyanissa, “Milady, what use would battle-captives be if they were not put to use thusly?” Flinching from her glare, he continued, “Please! Please, milady, stay thou mounted and conserve thy energy. These ‘hobgoblins’, as thee and thy Northern brethren name them, have forfeited their liberty through their dishonorable crimes. Restitution to society by slave labor be far better than torture or execution. Verily, ‘tis how they make up for the ills that they have done”

Departing the field of battle…

Neshi started at Martin’s sudden outburst and Daiyanissa’s uncharacteristically terse reply. The darkness within her must be acting up again, but thank Horus-Re, she seems to be controlling it…

Neshi walked up to the mage and said, “Doubt thou not an ogre’s iniquity for they be vile spawn of Seth--- and incredibly powerful ones at that. I tell thee true, we were both lucky and blest to have caught them by surprise, else I doubt not that ‘twould be our guts on the ground and not theirs”

He put his arm around Martin’s shoulders and gazed into the eyes of his their comrades. “My friends, let me tell ye a tale of woe from long ago” he began. “In the lands of the East, there once stood a majestic Cedar Forest and it was said that these tallest of trees were the pillars of the palaces of the gods”

He paced to the center of the clearing, his hands gesturing wildly as he was caught up in the sermon. “But lo! There came from the wastelands, a beast most vile and horribly powerful. He felled many of the Cedars and wrought his fortress from the ruins of the Forest. His name was Humbaba Eke, and he was the first of the Eker’ri, these monstrous miscreants whom we have, by grace of the gods, just defeated, are his descendants”

Neshi’s eyes were aflame with the passion of the tale as he continued, “Both gods and men were much troubled for the sky was falling--- and if it fully fell upon the world, then all would dissolve into chaos and darkness. And so it was that the great Gimilgammash and his loyal Enkita sallied forth to defeat Humbaba”

His eyes darkened and the zeal in his voice grew as he neared the climax, “When the great champions fought the forefather of the Eker’ri, they were routed by his sheer power and would have been slaughtered had not Amon-Ra stepped in and aided their valiant endeavor. Lo! It took the strength of thirteen whirlwinds to merely restrain Humbaba Eke but even then, his blasphemous breath and constant curses made it hard for Ra to maintain his grip. Gimilgammash finally wounded the despoiler mortally and the father of the Eker’ri fled into the wastelands from which he was spawned, never to be seen again”

Neshi, finally having achieved release, heaved a sigh and finished his tale, “So you see, comrades, ‘tis why the vile Eker’ri seek to destroy civilization and despoil the forests, ‘tis also how they are so strong and yet so dull”

Upon reaching the prospective campsite… ((WARNING: contains scatologic material))

Neshi looked around the hills. And he frowned at the fields of tall grass. The lack of tree cover also worried him. What an excellent place for an ambush…

Daiyanissa, however, commanded a halt and so he obeys. Remembering how she taught him the ropes of setting up the tents of the current age, he had little difficulty in helping set up camp.

After eating a frugal dinner from half a strip of snake jerky and some berries that he had collected en route, Neshi snuck off and went behind the nearest hill.

[roll0] Spot Listen [roll1]

Looking around to make sure that he wasn’t followed, he proceeded to defecate. His face hardened as he saw the remnants of food from a dinner more than a thousand years past go out of his anus.

Wiping himself off on the grass, he trudged wearily back to camp. Seeing Daiyanissa’s silhouette near the watch-fire, his heart leapt. He wanted to go to her and try and relieve her once more of her self-appointed burden but he recalled her stupendous skill and her stubbornness and decided against it.

Neshi heaved a sigh and knelt, bowing down to the West. Making the Sign of the Falcon upon his chest, he took off his pack and his armor and then laid down He smiled, confident that his god will wake him when his turn for taking the watch.

Sometime past midnight…

Neshi awoke to see the stars once more marching across the heavens. His nostrils flared at the smell of burned-down cinders.

Praying quickly, he got up, donned his banded mail once more, and buckled on his shield and his weapon belts. Looking over at the sentry fire, he was shocked to find that Daiyanissa had fallen asleep on sentry duty without rousing somebody else to take her place.

Neshi looked around, fearful that some creatures of the night might have infiltrated their camp. He quickly relit the sentry’s fire and rounded a couple of quick patrols around the camp, checking and double-checking both his comrades and the captive hobgoblins.

[roll2] Spot [roll3] Listen
[roll4] Spot [roll5] Listen
[roll6] Spot [roll7] Listen
[roll8] Spot [roll9] Listen

Satisfied, he laid his shield down and picked up a rather large rock. Grunting with the effort, he placed it near the sentry’s fire to give himself a better vantage point. He even dug a second shallow pit and lit a second fire on the other side of his stony seat.

He went and knelt by Daiyanissa’s side, pondering what to do with her. He briefly considered carrying her to a safer, more comfortable spot but decided against it, knowing that she was likely to be awakened rudely by such churlish action. Trying to make her slumber at least more comfortable in her current location, Neshi pulled out his own wool-and-linen blanket and draped it over her sleeping form, tucking her in up to the neck and shoulders.

Brushing away some stray scarlet locks, he smiled at her. He sang, “Ever bright, milady fairest, thou art. Sleep thou well, dream ye sweet. Ever steady, flows the River, steady as my love for thee”

He bent and was about to kiss her cheek in token of a “goodnight” when her words the previous day came hauntingly back to him. “…stay the hell away… I love you”

Neshi rocked back and suddenly smiled craftily to himself. “…stay the Hell away…” He muttered to the darkness. He drew his khopesh as quietly as he could and drew the Signs of Salvation on the ground around her: the Ankh, the River, the Serpent and the Falcon. He made the Sign of the Falcon again upon his chest and also over hers and intoned, “In the hallowed name of Horus-Re, I Protect this woman from Evil. So mote it be”

Smiling confidently, he walked over to his rock and took out a rag. He polished and cleaned his equipment into the early hours of the morning.

There were times, he knew, that he committed the sentinel’s sin as well and napped on the job, but he was a light sleeper and a few moments’ shut-eye served him as well as an hour. Whenever he awoke, he went about on patrols, fastidiously checking the camp for signs of intrusion.

[roll10] Spot [roll11] Listen
[roll12] Spot [roll13] Listen

Presently…

The Eastern horizon afire with Horus-Re’s dawning light, Neshi bows down before his glory. After an hour of meditation, he stretches and stirs the ashes of the two campfires and relights the smaller one.

Neshi sets some water to boil in an improvised kettle, his helmet. Taking a pair of flat stones, he grinds some herbs and a pinch of hippopotamus fat together and then mixes them over the simmering water to make some tea.

He sings a love-hymn while he waits for the tea,

“Milady, never dark, art thou
Dream ye sweet and fight thou well
Steady as the River,
Steady flows mine love for thee…”

wingover gimble
2007-07-11, 01:16 PM
[roll0] HP! oh yeah i took 2 new feats! 1 from class and 1 becuase im 3rd.

wingover gimble
2007-07-11, 01:29 PM
"Oh thats how you deflect on coming arrows"Says chuck as he is walking. Why didnt i think of that, Throw the guy to the ground when he is charging at me. That is brilliant! Man now i really want to spare with yorrick or daiy! Then we could have some good fun becuase im getting better at this punching thing. Wonder why they need swords to protect them so.

Looking towards daiy he says,"I'll take second or third watch just bne sure to wake me up. Then he walks towards one of the few trees and climbs up and starts to go to sleep in the tree.

Daiyanissa
2007-07-11, 04:37 PM
Daiy slowly opened her eyes, blinking rapidly. She kept her body as it was, and moved only her eyes to gaze around her. Suddenly she realized that she fell asleep at her post, and shame filled her. Feeling a blanket over her, keeping her warm throughout the dawn from her incompetence. 'Who covered me up?' Furious with herself, she stood up, shedding the blanket to the ground. She felt lightheaded at the sudden rise, and sat down immediately. Waiting for the lightness to pass, she picked up the blanket and folded it. She attempted to stand up again, pleased that she wasn't woozy this time. She quietly crept up behind Neshi, set his blanket at his left side, and knelt down at his right.

She enjoyed listening to the heavenly sounding song flowing out of Neshi's lips, and felt sad when he stopped to look over at her when she knelt beside him. At his curious gaze she looked down, blushing. She peeked at his beautiful eyes, her face beet red.

"..Thanks...", she whispered, leaning over to place a kiss on his cheek, so light it was like a butterfly had landed on it. Her face was flaming from embarrassment as she withdrew and stood up. She scurried away to he horse to start getting her items packed, and a ration out for breakfast. She continued to blush the next few times she caught his eye.

ByeLindgren
2007-07-11, 07:19 PM
Martin awakens slowly, grateful for his restful night, but still in a bad mood. He stares blankly into his bread as he takes small bites out of it.

The hobgoblins are Evil, too. Do we march on a mission of peace, as was promised to the captives, or do we march to war?

As Martin looks up at Daiy, he notices her face go red as Neshi walks by her.

Perhaps my stomach will be saved by the good mood.

Martin finishes off his rations, gets up and says, "Looks like it's time to get going."

de-trick
2007-07-11, 11:43 PM
OK you guys travel till noon when you see smoke rising from the horizon, you can all smell fire but its faint, you here noises of farm animals

wingover gimble
2007-07-12, 12:33 AM
Do you wish for me to scout out ahead daiy?I would LOVE to go look out for us to see with yorrick, Come on please! Im really good at not being seen since im so small. If you dont want me to *sigh* i guess i could stay. Looking to the ground and quickly peeking up a little to see daiy's expression (hopefully not annoyed). Then he looks towards the smoke and towards the hobgoblin.

de-trick
2007-07-12, 02:56 AM
(I was thinking of getting a new guy to have as a party rogue or ranger PS will need it for later. I just want to know if you guys want a new guy in or not)

Methalor
2007-07-12, 03:30 AM
OOC:

Sounds good to me. Are you gonna put out an application process in the recruiting forum?

Ah, by the way, everyone, I'll be posting soon (and replying to your PMs, Nexus and Daiy). I've just gotten caught up in other things... Tonight, it was defusing an argument at a website I administer, so I'm a bit drained. I swear, carefully worded diplomatic posts are harder to write than anything I've done here...

Derek, I think I already asked you this, but the Tome of Battle Crusader class is alright for my third level (and probably any future levels), right? If not, I can change it, but I really like all the special moves and stances. Suppose it appeals to me as a fencer... :smallbiggrin: It also fits rather nicely into Yorrick's past as Khur-kol the Demonsbane, so I thought it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

In case you don't have ToB (I have a friend's scan), the maneuvers can be found somewhere at the WoTC website, so you can be sure I'm not making things up. :smallwink:

Story posts coming tomorrow, I promise. By the way, Yorrick'd doesn't have much of an eye for scouting... (IC, as well as no real Spot bonus OOC) You might be able to find someone better, Chuck, if this looks to be a more sneaky/Spot-intensive mission. He'd probably do just as well with a map scratched out in the soil. Heavy armor doesn't exactly move silently. :smallsmile:

wingover gimble
2007-07-12, 04:26 AM
OOC: im all in for a new guy (or girl) as long as the person isnt greedy backstab the party type o thing. We could use a rouge or ranger or even a rouge ranger... Like in mine derek. So bring in the new guy ( or girl)!

Daiyanissa
2007-07-12, 08:16 AM
Do you wish for me to scout out ahead daiy?I would LOVE to go look out for us to see with yorrick, Come on please! Im really good at not being seen since im so small. If you dont want me to *sigh* i guess i could stay. Looking to the ground and quickly peeking up a little to see daiy's expression (hopefully not annoyed). Then he looks towards the smoke and towards the hobgoblin.

"Alright Chuck, go scout ahead. Please be quiet though, as i do not feel like being taken surprise" She sighed

((OOC: Great! new player sounds good))

de-trick
2007-07-12, 12:06 PM
Yeah I have it, and ok to use, I just dont want the whole party from tome of battle

de-trick
2007-07-12, 12:28 PM
chuck make me a hide check, a spot, and a move silently

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-12, 08:40 PM
((OOC: I have also considered that and I agree. But then, why don't we just cross the bridge when we get there? As in, how about finishing this hobgoblin hunt, going back to town, getting to a tavern and putting up the good ol' "Adventurers Wanted" sign?))

Nearly six hours ago...

Neshi was totally relaxed as he tended the tea. Totally relaxed and totally oblivious of the movement around him.

He did not see the shadow moving on the ground and did not feel the swish of Daiyanissa's cloak as she passed him by. He did not sense the blanket returned at his left nor did he hear the grass get crushed at his right. The tradition of meditation during second-dawn tea was something that he'd picked up during his stay at Sanctum and it was a tradition that he kept.

And so it came to pass that the tea was just about done by the second repetition of his hymn and he had yet to notice the hesitating prescnce beside him. He took a pair of rags and used them to hold the still-hot helmet and bring it nigh to his lips.

As he blew on the tea to cool it, there sprang a sudden gust of wind from the South. Ah! Heaven smiles upon my day, Horakhe be praised..., he thought as the he felt the cool wind kiss him, whispering and sighing. Sipping reverently, he stopped as something dawned upon him.

And then a sudden question jarred the serenity of his being. What is I feel upon my cheek, wet and warm? Wet and warm...? Bleeding blazes of the Abyss! I am a stupid sentinel! Scorpions have come!

KLA-DSHHHH!

He threw away his tea-helmet. Neshi clapped a hand to his supposedly bleeding cheek to staunch the blood and half-drew his sword and almost yelled, "To arms!", when another sudden realiation hit him. It's... not blood? He glanced around, feeling both a tad foolish and yet still wary.

Daiyanissa's beet-red face looked away as she was getting up from the seat that they had shared. Neshi's mouth hung open as she walked away, barely meeting her gaze. Wha...? Sh-she kissed me?

Flies swarmed around his gaping maw as he stared at her receding form. The joints in his jaw cricked as he spoke once more, his once deep, rich voice naught but a hoarse rasping, "Hooooly Haaaaathor!"

"She kissed me" He continued stating the obvious to naught but the laughing winds, much to the flies' delight, for they then had a good supply of sweat and dripping saliva to feast upon.

Two hours ago,

CLONK!

"OW! Haaa-TCHENG!" Neshi stumbled and sneezed for the hundredth time on the march. The dust was not that thick, nor the cold that biting. The rocks and pits in the path they were taking were not all that large and yet he kept on stumbling, his usually-focused mind distracted.

Why, oh why am I so stung with her? It was merely a kiss was it not? And yet... what did the scribes call it again? Is it a foreshading, a prelude to something greater betwixt us? By the shards! Why am I acting so thusly craven? Did I not work toward this... ever since we met?

*'chooo! GRaaaH-TTSSIIIIIIIINGG!* Neshi's head nearly fell off with the latest sneeze and he disgustedly took in two fingers a long, thick strand of mucus dripping down from his nose. "Shud ob Shetth!" He swore and flicked the mucus away.

He had tried getting to her but ... *zzBLG-'tsiiIIINGGG!*... decided against it, fearing that he might contaminate her. Besides, whenever he sallied forth towards her, he always found himself on the opposite side of the convoy as her--- stripeless-zebras are apparently faster than plodding donkeys.

"Dabbit. Vie graysh o'godsh I kad heal woundsh buck... *sssnnnuuurck*... cand heal ze kobbod kohd? *GA-TCHENGG!*" Neshi muttered to himself as he marched along, complaining against the cold. Hmph. If this is the price of chivalry, the price I have to pay for love, then so be it. HAH! I'd rather defend her from a thousand fiends or snatch her from thehaws of Apepi himself than face this blasted cold, though

Half a minute ago

As the companions crested a rise and sighted the far-off smoke, Neshi almost sighed with relief at the prospect of action... and some much-needed heat. He made the Sign of the Falcon over Chuck as he left to scout out the disturbance but did not dare pray aloud, for fear that he might misintone from his cold.

"Shtupig shud of Shetth!" Neshi swore with a rueful smile, slapping his forehead. Why, oh why didn't I think ofthat before?!?

He sauntered to the back of the caravan, hiding behind the cart, away from prying eyes. ((Heal check[roll1])) Seeing that none would witness the purging of his disgrace, he took a deep breath through his mouth and pinched down on the bridge of his nose.

Summoning his courage against the coming disgust, he blew through his nose as hard as he could. *BVVVSSSSSHHHHK!* Twin thick streams of greenish mucus shot from his nose and spattered the rear end of the cart, causing the hobgoblins within to skitter back and laugh condescnedingly at him.

Neshi paid them no heed, wiped his face thoroughly and straightened up, feeling like a new man after his purging. He pumps a fist into the air and shouts exultantly, "Praise Horus, Lord of Victory! Praise Isis, Mother of Healing!"

On his way to the vanguard, he passed by Martin. Something about the mage's face troubled him. He tried to put up a smile but his cheer withered beneath the latter's furrowed brow. "Martin, art thou troubled, pray? Deign thou speak and I shall hark" Neshi waited for the other to take up his offer of a confession but, seeing that his troubles were probably those arcane mysteries that mages oft contemplate, Neshi sighed and merely made the Sign of the Falcon over him and then moved on.

Presently

Neshi marches confidently to Daiyanissa's position at the head of the column... or tries to. The mere sight of her makes his extremities cold with nevousness and his neck flush with heat. Nevertheless, he maintains his stance and falls to his knees, bowing down to her. "I beg a thousand pardons, milady. I am sorry for my... reaction earlier. To my... utter shame, I was... shocked... when by all rights, I shouldn't have been. I beg a thousand pardons"

Daiyanissa
2007-07-12, 09:25 PM
She looked down to Neshi, her once blue eyes glowing with a knowledge she didn't know she had, and smiled. "Get up off of that cold ground" she extended a hand to assist him in rising. When he stood facing her, she bent down to his ear and whispered huskily, "Be happy I didn't do more than that". She smirked and nibbled his earlobe, shocking him a purpose. "Just wait until i get you alone next time"she lowered her voice seductively.

Without another word she raised her head and sat straight up in her saddle, looking forward. With a shiver she looked down at a shocked Neshi, her eyes normal again, wondering what had caused his shock. "Are you alright?" she asked innocently

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-13, 09:01 AM
"Aye". Neshi snaps to attention twice, rigidly. "'Alright'? Fine am I, mistress fair"

His heart hammers with excitement and wonder. The once-grim templar can no longer contain the joy that bubbles up from within and he grins madly, alabaster teeth glittering in the sunlight.

Blazes, 'twould... 'twould be just like mother and father... she was the commanding officer then as well...

And then his brow furrows. His heart darkens.

Images flash before his eyes. The sounds and smells of a thousand years seem fresh to him, bitter memories that suddenly spew forth their woe like a gangrenous wound.

The lightless dawn was utterly cold but the blood within his veins even more frigid than the biting air during the Time of Troubles. Two of his childhood friends who also served with him under the banners of the Efer-nim Guard, Tolen and Thyra were guilty of high treason. They had forsaken their watch posts to frolick beneath the moon and beneath their blankets. The troop was taken by surprise by a fiendish foray and over a hundred men died that night ere the call to arms could be sounded. The two were found insensate within their tent and I executed them summarily for their negligence.

Neshi's teeth grind together in seething, inward rage. His fists clench and crackle over the handles of his arms.

Caught up in his inner turmoil, he does not notice the passing of the weather until a sudden flash of golden noontide sun flashes down from behind clashing clouds and warring winds. Neshi at first shields his eyes from the sudden glare but he has not the will nor the way to shield his heart.

Voices that he knows, voices that he yet cherishes speak from the celestial flare. From the sands of time, from the sea of ages, they speak forth...

His vision flashed to the time when he had asked for a discharge from the Scorpions. "If thy heart be not of Scorpion stone, then so mote it be" his father said, cloaked in shadows stern and sad. But forgiving and proud, he continued "What-ever thy will, my son, I shall be with thee, for ever am I of thee proud"

The sky beat down with fumes dark and choking, but his friend Khur-kol was still laughing for the fury of Apepi the Night Serpent was in vain. Lo! There walked through the valley of great darkness, a woman more fair than mortal tongue could tell. In her hand was a flaming sword with a hilt so long and as she strode and as she smote, fiends withered and fell. "Isn't our salvation beautiful?"

The light was too pure, too white, and it burned him, tore him apart. He was dying when he heard the voice of his beloved. "...live your life, Neshi! Love on, for love is the one true light!”

Neshi gasps and stumbles back, his sight still swirling. His heart sings within his battered frame, enlightened and exultant, freed from chains wrought long ago. The clouds move on and the sun's light fades but flares on true and true within his soul. Neshi feels like jumping, like shouting, but his body aches and his throat feels parched.

With a shiver she looked down at a shocked Neshi, her eyes normal again, wondering what had caused his shock. "Are you alright?" she asked innocently

Smiling sincerely, he stands tall and meets Daiyanissa's worried gaze. "I am fine, mistress" He gulps but once, looks away into the column of smoke on the horizon and turns back to her. He takes her hand in his and asks her, "If all be well later this eve, wouldst thou deign to speak with me on... certain matters of... personal import?"

Daiyanissa
2007-07-13, 04:57 PM
Smiling sincerely, he stands tall and meets Daiyanissa's worried gaze. "I am fine, mistress" He gulps but once, looks away into the column of smoke on the horizon and turns back to her. He takes her hand in his and asks her, "If all be well later this eve, wouldst thou deign to speak with me on... certain matters of... personal import?"

She looked at his face, puzzled at his question, his hand holding hers. She was thrilled at the warm touch of his callused fingers, the light caress sending jolts of pleasure up her arm. Her eyes widened at the realization of what he meant, and she was unable to get out a sentence to reply. "I.....um...well...you see...um.....sure." She panicked at her reply, hoping he didn't think her rude or a blubbering idiot, she swallowed her shock and attempted to reply again. "I mean, that is...of course....Of Course I would like to speak with you!" She looked down immediately, her face blushing a bright red from embarrassment of her forwardness. She chuckled lightly to ease the tension she felt. "I...um...I would...need... I need to go see how Chuck is doing...yes.." She turned, hesitating to lose the touch he had initiated, but deciding to escape so she could get a hold of herself.

She rode Sir Micheal away a yards and slowed down, lifting her hand to hold her heart. 'I need to get a hold of myself.....Why is my heart so tight?' She looked back to him and felt happy. 'Oh well, i can breathe any time.' And smiled as she looked around for signs of Chuck.

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-14, 12:07 AM
"Good gods!" Neshi blurts. What idiocy! I should behead myself for this negligence! We were supposed to watch for out for the scout!

His heart calms down with the prospect of action and his mind races, thinking once more like the captain of old. He scans the horizon for any signs of the returning Chuck, but is hard pressed. The dipping hills and the swaying grass, coupled with the inclement weather make him spit in frustration.

[roll0] Spot

He looks up the path and smiles at Daiyanissa's flare of red hair, streaming from her helm, a crimson banner. Neshi waits until she has crossed about half the distance between the company's present position and the far-off smoke before snapping out marching orders.

"Troop, hold steady" he begins. "Yorrick, left flank, five feet from the cart! Bow out, make ready to cover our scouts' withdrawal. Cover the prisoners as well"

Neshi then glances back at Martin and says, "Snap out of it, man. We need you. Check the prisoners' bonds and make thou ready what charms ye have. I don't like the look o'that smoke"

He then loads a stone into his sling, holds it at his side, ready and moves to a position on the right flank, reciprocal to Yorrick's. Neshi raises his shield arm and lets it fall, his voice grim. "Troop, steady. May Horus bless our foray. Forward march!"

wingover gimble
2007-07-14, 12:35 AM
Looking up from the ground is Chuck who is smiling as big as ever before. So many thoughts racing either blackmail or jokes or even advice becuase he seen them talk this whole time. "So..... has this been going on for a month year or days ,.. weeks? By the way i didnt depart quite yet i wasnt done talking but i guess now i am. By the way neshi ..... Nice! Im going to have to give you a little advice talking to eachother though becuase youcan barley understand things never mind- Oh wait is yorrick and martin hearing this? Want me to call em over? I can i bet martin has some spells that will help and yorrick can make sure no one is watching. Looking around he looks back and whispersWant me to keep this a secret? I can keep a secret, *Cough at a price Cough*. Say maybe even ummm, I know! One.... Whole....Night....Of....Drinking! Oh yeah so when did you guys meet? Was it early or what and once you tell me if you want it a secret or not i gotta go scout so lets not waste time and i bet you hate me for this! The gnome says smiling.

I wonder why he likes her and she likes him? Maybe she digs the whole carnage bloody thing too. Wait! Is she acannibal as well? Can a palidin be a cannibal but only eat bad guys? Does that mean shes keeping those hobgoblins for later:smalleek:.... Oh gods!

Methalor
2007-07-14, 03:23 AM
(OOC:

Yorrick follows Neshi's command.

Sorry for the lack of story posts, I'm caught up in a few other projects (including [fencing] training) right now. I promise I'll be back this weekend (hopefully) better than ever!.

)

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-14, 05:11 AM
...i gotta go scout so lets not waste time and i bet you hate me for this! The gnome says smiling.

Indeeeeed...

Yesss, give in to thy hatred, release thy anger and take thy rightful place at mine side!

Neshi grits his teeth against the temptation but his pride and his love cannot stand the disgraces that the miscreant gnome had just spouted. He rips his khopesh free and brandishes it at Chuck's receding form. He roars hoarsely, "NYAARGH! Get back here and be chastised, thou foul miscreant beggar!"

Seeing that he has no chance of catching up to the small, fleet-footed gnome, he slows his mad charge down to a jog. Recalling the sinister smoke column on the horizon, he calls to the others. "TROOP! Stealth be damned, there could be folk trapped in those burning ruins yonder! MARCH DOUBLE TIME!"

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-14, 05:58 AM
((OOC: yo, Chuck. Didn't Derek ask you for Hide, Spot and Move Silently checks?))

Daiyanissa
2007-07-14, 10:19 AM
Daiy canters Sir Micheal over to chuck and stops in front of him, pulling out her sword and resting the blade on his throat. "Don't interfere" She growls, her voice deeper than usual, "I will not stand for it. Now go and do your bloody job before I send your head to do so and leve your body behind with me." With that she swung her sword around to decapitate him, but stopped right at the last second.

"...Leave..now..." She gasped, trying to keep control over her actions.

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-14, 11:00 AM
Neshi skids to a stop, shocked at what he had just witnessed. Had Daiyanissa almost summarily executed an ally who was unarmed andhad no true malice intended?

And then he heard the voice, sibilant and sweet... yet succumbed to sin. That voice... was Ankhutar's. Neshi's mind reeled with the implications. No! No, it couldn't be!

Yes, 'tis so, beloved. She has fallen...Grraaah! Give me his head!

"NO!" Neshi yells and slashes the air with his blade, the shining sword flashing through the Sign of te Falcon. In the heavens, thunder crashes and lightnings rumble. In the distance, black smoke, billows.

He looks down at Chuck, grim. He places his hand on the gnome's shoulder and pushes him off, saying, "Despite thy sottishness, you are a good man, Chuck. Go. Save yourself"

He looks back to Martin and Yorrick and tells them, "Go on ahead. If there be trouble, fight a retreat. But go swiftly, for I fear there be folk needing help at the smoking ruins over yond!"

Closing the gap between Daiyanissa and himself, he sheathes his blade and looks up into her eyes but does not see them. Her countenance was dark, cold, shadowed against the sun.

"Please dismount, milady", he requests. Neshi kneels and, though for his life he fears, he bares his throat to her and pleads with the outstretched arms of a supplicant. "I beg of thee, milady, dismount. Thou art unwell..."

At that point, one hand snakes into his pack and unstoppers the vial of holy water that she had given him not three days ago. "Thou needs to be treated, mistress"

ByeLindgren
2007-07-14, 03:30 PM
Martin was deep in his own mind, muttering to his pet rat about the wonders of the Arcane Order, when suddenly...

"NYAARGH! Get back here and be chastised, thou foul miscreant beggar!"

Whuh..

"TROOP! Stealth be damned, there could be folk trapped in those burning ruins yonder! MARCH DOUBLE TIME!"

Martin jumps back into the real world, and races forward to witness the scene. "What's going on?," asks Martin, too softly to be heard. All he receives is half an explanation - Daiy mock-executing Chuck. WHAT!? Do my eyes deceive me?

"Go on ahead. If there be trouble, fight a retreat. But go swiftly, for I fear there be folk needing help at the smoking ruins over yond!"

Martin's complaints are ignored, yet he still goes on with them. "But.. but what's going on... why..." As Yorrick and he are drawn away from the turmoil and into the heart of hobgoblin territory.

Daiyanissa
2007-07-14, 03:57 PM
Daiy saw through her unseeing eyes at the pleading of Neshi, her very soul crying out for help. She didn't want to kill the little miscreant, she wanted to let go of her Sword, and release her own will from this hold that was placed upon her.

'That little brat thinks that his Holy water will effect me, let me tell you a secret my pet, I am protected by your pure blood. Your pureness of heart and love for life will protect me, for I am in your very soul'

'But my soul is pure, my lifeblood will fight you, I have my Love to protect me from your darkness. I will over come you! I will win!'

She laughed deeply and replied smugly,'Don't even try, you have sampled my power. I can twist your mind into so many knots that even his magic cannot find them to untie. I can destroy you and all that you care about. I am all powerful, and I am being lenient with your impudence. Remember, I can destroy you by destroying those you love.'

'Don't be so sure' said a soft, ethreal voice that Daiy didn't recognize.

Daiy was shocked to feel her hair grow longer then imaginable, turning golden in color as her eyes became a peircing blue. She was illuminated for a few moments as her sword dropped to Neshi's side, her arm suspended in the air. Her mind filled with Knowledge and wisdom that only a goddess could maintain.

She felt enlightened, as if ina different body and mind as she spoke to Neshi, with words she knew not she had possessed, "Keep Fighting love, the battle is still to come..." Smiling brilliantly, she felt as if she could do anything, as if she were being guided by a warm, bright light. When she went to move, her mind flickered in and out, the warm presence she felt before, the understanding and knowledge gone. She was back to being Daiy again, except with her features still changed from before. She didn't question it, appreciating her new look, and looked back to Neshi, with a peaceful love in her soft eyes.

"Let us go to battle my friend, we have much to do", she dismounted to pick up her sword and rested her free hand on his vial of water. She lifted her hand to rest on his cheek, tracing lightly down his strong chin, resting on his full bottom lip. Light as the bumblebee, she rested her lips on his and whispered, "I'm fighting back, love. Im fighting back"

She looked at him with pride, and a smile. "Now how about we go help those poor kids out?"

wingover gimble
2007-07-14, 10:18 PM
((OOC: Whoops my bad didnt see that! Between work, New viedeo games and playing On evermeet in a campaign(Advanced derek). Im sorry i didnt post those rolls but i will do so now.)

hide [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Move silently [roll2]

As he is sneaking through the grass and hiding behind the trees while the sun is high he seems to be breaking lots of twigs and cursing in his mind. He thinks he is going to have to practice this sometime later. As he looks to the sun he says under his breathe he has plenty of time to think of how he is going to make me into a cababob. This is going to be fun. Smiling he looks over the hill throught the grass and hopes its nothing big with scales,wings and a firery breath.So Does that mean that daiy is going to eat us? Thats kind of weird. I knew someone was a cannibal. Maybe she AND neshi are cannibals. Does that mean were going to have to fight them? WICKED i finally get to spare them.... well not spare but fight but i'll make sure they dont eat martin becuase he cant defend himself. Thats why loge left! He didnt want to get eaten!!! I'll have to defend the party. Martin is smart and yorrick Can back me up but we'll have to make sure they dont go around eating people. Well i better make it back alive if i want my plan to go into action.

de-trick
2007-07-15, 03:51 PM
you see a fire about 16ft tall in the air engulfing a house and you see a hobgoblin in druidic armor behind it. And down the road you see some sort of wagon or caravan going away

SensFan
2007-07-15, 09:06 PM
DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU ARE THE DM!!!Surprise round - Milo draws bow, and shoots at the hobgoblin watching him.

To hit [roll0]

Damage [roll1]
Sneak Attack [roll2]

Initiative [roll3]

Attack another hobgoblin assuming 1st one is dead [roll4]

Damage [roll5]
Sneak Attack (If he's still flat-footed) [roll6]

wingover gimble
2007-07-16, 12:06 AM
I sneak back to the party and look around at them. Then he saysOk. Everyone who is still good person or sane and not a cannibal this may concern you. There is a house engulfed in flames Around 16 feet tall and a hobgoblin who is standing infront of it who obvisouly made the flame. The hobgoblin appears to be a driud and he has some armour on. There was a caravan or wagon thing a ma bob that just took off down the road most likely with slaves and goods im assuming but i didnt see. As for daiy and neshi, Dont worry i came up with a theory. They are both insane raging cannibals and they want to eat the hobgoblins and us. Any questions? Looking around at the party and keeping a close eye on the two who i once thought were nice now suspicous about there weird fetish but will have it taken care of. Maybe thats why daiy took a bite out of neshi whenhe was holding her down. Hope im not next becuase i'll fight for it.

ByeLindgren
2007-07-16, 12:17 AM
"This is not the time for... cannibal jokes. We need to incapacitate and interrogate that hobgoblin, quickly. If he is a druid, as you say, we will need to take him out using surprise. But this time, we leave someone alive for questioning!" Martin seems surprised at his own assertive tone. He looks back to the lagging two, Daiy and Neshi, quickly thinks couldn't be true, and makes a hurried beckoning motion.

wingover gimble
2007-07-16, 12:55 AM
Jokes?! Im serious but we'll take care of this guy. He will attack but the counter attack shall be devastating.

Daiyanissa
2007-07-16, 12:32 PM
Daiy rode up just to hear the cannibal/sane joke. Her eyes narrowed at him, furious. She listened to Martin's order, and nodded at him, with a determined look on her face. As they proceeded to approach the fire, she held back to speak with Chuck.

"Chuck, darling. Please, take a break, come up and sit on the horse with me for a moment" She lifted him up to sit in front of her, placing him astride at the base of the large warhorses' neck.

"Now, let me explain something to you. You know nothing of what is going on with myself or Neshi. Do you know what an Exorcism is? When a soul is Possessed, the evil is purged by an Exorcism. What the body does while this is happening is not at the fault of the person being possessed. Now, I will not tolerate any more comments about myself or Neshi. The next time I hear you mutter something like this under your breath, I will be forced to take action. It is not acceptable and you are causing a rift in the party when we should be strong together. If this continues, you will be causing yourself to come to harm without reprieve in battle, as Neshi is One of our healers, and so am I. I would suggest you try to act with some reservation and respect for others feelings, because this is unacceptable. Now get off and get going." She threw him off and cantered to the front of the group, sheathing her sword and taking out her Crossbow, readying it for the battle to come.

"Don't worry Martin, he will be left alive. I guarantee it." She reassured him. "I will even heal him if need be."

OK, im not sure if I have to make a spot check to make a surprise attack
18+5=23
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1153621

Daiy stops when she sees the HG, and prepares to shoot his knee.

Crossbow

Attack
18+5=23
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1153626

Damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1153637

de-trick
2007-07-16, 01:29 PM
sensfan you kill the 2 you attacked know for them, they draw there weapons and attack you

1 [roll0]
1 damage [roll1]

2 [roll2]
2 [roll3]

3[roll4]
3[roll5]

daiy you attack the druid hobgoblin if so you in trouble
(still making hobgoblin though)

Daiyanissa
2007-07-16, 02:30 PM
daiy you attack the druid hobgoblin if so you in trouble
(still making hobgoblin though)

((OOC: Hold my attack until you answer my question:

WHAT? if so i in trouble? what so you mean by that? this is all very confusing. how is this battle progressing? and Who is Sensfan? I would appreciate an explanation....))

de-trick
2007-07-16, 02:44 PM
(hobgoblin has 4 levs in druid)

(senfan is the new guy you will met him soon in the caravan)

and you missed

wingover gimble
2007-07-16, 02:45 PM
((OOC: Is senfan the new guy? Why is daiy in trouble is the guy like 20th level or something? Derek were you drunk when you replied? Why didnt you come to D&D yesterday derek? We're on evermeet and its being taken over and totally bigtimemass combat we just finished protecting one city but we have ruith adn luthilspar left. You gotta come next sunday if we are playing . Oh yeah im a chosen of the seldarine!))

de-trick
2007-07-16, 03:03 PM
I repeat Senfan is the new guy, ask him what he is because he might want a secret or something, Daiy is in trouble because she fired at a 4th Lev druid hobgoblin and will use his druidic powers, and a phone call would be nice luc, i was not drunk but sick I got an ear infection + head ache + cold sucks bad but all right
is it the campagin im playing turkin balderstone)

Daiyanissa
2007-07-16, 03:04 PM
Detect Evil HB

Daiy puts her crossbow away, and dismounts Sir Micheal, withdrawing her Greatsword.

Should he be evil,and only if he is evil, Daiy charges with a smite attack

Attack
19+10 = 29 (crit!)
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1153797

roll to confirm
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1153798

Damage (+3/smite)
3+3 = 6

de-trick
2007-07-16, 03:09 PM
everyone roll initiative

[roll0]

Daiyanissa
2007-07-16, 03:16 PM
Initiative:
19+7=26
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1153805

de-trick
2007-07-16, 03:42 PM
{table=head] | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L
1 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
2 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
3 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
4 | | | | | | | F | F | | | | |
5 | | | | | | | F | F | | HD | | |
6 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
7 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
8 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
9 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
10 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
11 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
12 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
[/table]

HD= hobgoblin druid
FF
FF = Fire elemental

Daiy can you have a name for invisible castle plz

Methalor
2007-07-16, 04:42 PM
(OOC:

Sorry guys, still haven't posted IC yet. I'm still playing, though!

Initiative roll:

[roll0]

)

de-trick
2007-07-16, 04:43 PM
say where you want to be but not right up to them though or behind them

Daiyanissa
2007-07-16, 04:47 PM
Daiy is at G11

ByeLindgren
2007-07-16, 08:43 PM
I sort of wanted to get an action in the surprise round as well - a pot shot at Mr. Druid with my own crossbow.

Also, Nexus, you might want to consider the Sacred Exorcist prestige class. That would be far down the line, but yeah.

Surprise Attack: [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Initiative: [roll2]

Martin ((H11)) makes it a volley and fires his crossbow as well.

ByeLindgren
2007-07-16, 08:49 PM
This is assuming Martin acts before the Druid in round 1. Also, Grease imposes a reflex save DC 14 or fall prone, and requires a balance check DC 10 to move around. See the spell description for details.

After his mildly successful volley, Martin casts Grease (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm) and covers the ground under the druid with a slippery oil. ((AoE is I4, I5, J4, J5, and Martin is in the same place.))

de-trick
2007-07-16, 08:51 PM
6 | | | | | | | | | | D | | |
11 | | | | | | | | M | | | | |
[/table]

HD= hobgoblin druid
FF
FF = Fire elemental

up to date

wingover gimble
2007-07-16, 10:29 PM
i shall head to k6 adn attack the hobgoblin but i use surge and i use flurry of blows. [roll0] for damage [roll1]
second attack [roll2] adn damage [roll3]

de-trick
2007-07-16, 10:43 PM
6 | | | | | | | | | | D | C | |
[/table]

lets wait for neshi before we start attacking he could be going first

de-trick
2007-07-16, 11:21 PM
Daiy 26
me 25
sensfan 21
neshi 18
martin 17
yor 11

(need sensfan, neshi and chuck)

but ill do my rolls for the fire elemental and druid

since it was his initiative first gets to casts a spell
spellcraft if you want but not needed because a 5 foot ball of fire comes toward Daiy and who ever is 5ft her or a in that line diagonally left of her

reflex

[roll0]

de-trick
2007-07-16, 11:27 PM
sorry about double posting but the fire elemental moves to protect the druid amd you all here a rusle in the bush

4 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
5 | | | | | | | | | | HD | | |
6 | | | | | | | | | F | F | C | |
7 | | | | | | | | | F | F | | |
8 | | | | | | | | | | D | | |
[/table]

ByeLindgren
2007-07-16, 11:46 PM
In that case, the Grease spell goes off in I5, I6, J5, J6, to affect both combattants, and Martin moves to K11. "Watch out, that ball of fire will follow you!"

Daiyanissa
2007-07-16, 11:48 PM
Reflex save for Daiy

12+7=19
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154385

de-trick
2007-07-17, 01:38 AM
daiy you still take 2 damage,

I5, I6, J5, J6,
4 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
5 | | | | | | | | | g | g HD | | |
6 | | | | | | | | | g F | g F | C | |
11 | | | | | | | | | | | M | |
[/table]

SensFan
2007-07-17, 06:39 AM
Initiative. [roll0]

Fire another arrow at another hobgoblin. [roll1]
damage [roll2]

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-17, 12:05 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Neshi's eyes are wide with shock and fear as the mage of the Masaw summons, seemingly so easily, an Eker'ra of living flame. His jaw works up and down, bereft of breath at first, then he picks up his courage and shouts to the others, "MAKE AWAY! 'Tis a spawn of Seth and a spirit of the burning wastes! Make away, I say! Lay low the master if thou canst, but swift, make it!"

He nicks his finger on the base of the blade of his forefathers and prays, "Horakhe, Lord of Victory, of thee I beg, make swift this sword and sharp its strokes!" ((Casts Magic Weapon))

"A serpent cannot bite without its head! The servant shall fall without the master!" He yells as he hurtles at the hobgoblin caster, the blade of his khopesh held low, blunt side forward, gleaming with enchantment.

Martin chants his words of power and the hobgoblin druid falls flat on his back as the sorcerer's arcane grease slicks the ground from beneath him. The ball of living fire bursts forth in fury, lashing out all around. Neshi snarls as he sees his beloved singed in the blast. Enraged, he reverses his grip on the sickle-sword and prepares to bring its keen edge to bear upon the monster's master.

((Moving to J4. Preparing to trip slash. Hey, standing up from being prone provokes AoO, right?))

de-trick
2007-07-17, 01:50 PM
relfex for hob
[roll0]

de-trick
2007-07-17, 01:51 PM
I5, I6, J5, J6,
4 | | | | | | | | | | N | | |
[/table]

Methalor
2007-07-17, 05:25 PM
Yorrick was around the left flank somewhere, as he had followed Neshi's instructions.

I have to roll my maneuvers before I can figure out what to do, so I'll be double-posting:

Here is the order (the same on my character sheet):

1 = Stone Bones
2 = Leading the Attack
3 = Crusader's Strike
4 = Vanguard Strike
5 = Charging Minotaur

Now, I'll roll for the first one:

[roll0]

Now, I'll roll for the second one. The first maneuver is removed from the list and all the ones after it in the list are bumped up a position. So, if the first maneuver is #4, Vanguard Strike, then Charging Minotaur is now #4.

[roll1]

I won't edit this post and instead double-post, so you know that I have not edited the above order. M'kay? It's supposed to be randomly generated like this, so I think this method is fair.

Methalor
2007-07-17, 05:56 PM
Yorrick charges from around B7 (+2 attack, -2 AC) to H7, attacking the fire elemental.

He utilizes Leading the Attack. If the attack strikes, all allies attacking the elemental in the next round will have a +4 morale bonus.

Also, this will be a Power Attack, with -3 attack, +3 +6 damage.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Threat Roll: [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]

[edit] Slight miscalculation - add +3 more to the damage for a total of 23, since I forgot that Power Attack gives double damage for two-handed weapons.

As a swift action, he takes up the Iron Guard's Glare stance. Any creature he threatens (in this case, the fire elemental) has a -4 penalty to attacks on his allies. There are no penalties against attacks made upon Yorrick. The elemental is aware of this fact.

(OOC: Why the HELL did we attack this druid? We could have followed the caravan, made up a plan, or something like that... A single Large Fire Elemental would be more than enough of a challenge for us - but a druid as well? Crap!

We're in trouble, indeed.

Ah, and sorry for the low quality of writing. I'm running into... blocks, I guess.)

"Go on ahead. If there be trouble, fight a retreat. But go swiftly, for I fear there be folk needing help at the smoking ruins over yond!"

As soon as the words left Neshi's mouth, Yorrick acted. He could not explain it, but it felt right to follow the commands of this man. Wordlessly, he began to move along the flank of the scene before him. He heard no screams; the occupants of the building must have been dead or captured. It was only the sole hobgoblin... And an unnaturally large fire. Something didn't seem right about the massive blazing fire - how could a simple wood structure fuel such a towering inferno?

He watched in disbelief as the hulking flame moved and formed itself into the shape of a humanoid. A blazing warrior, standing high above the remains of the house. The fire was alive! It looked to be impressively powerful; would they have any hope against a foe like that? Perhaps they should pull back...

As he contemplated retreating back to the group so they could reexamine the plan of attack, he watched helplessly as his comrades charged forward. "Well, that's as good a signal as any." he thought, wrly. "Damn, but this towering inferno just looks too powerful..."

Yorrick began sweating profusely as he attempted to swallow his fear. No matter how daunting the challenge, he could not abandon his allies. He could not calm down. Panic threatened to overcome his being.

Yorrick gritted his teeth. He could not give up! No matter what happened, no matter what trials he went through, he could not sit aside and let his newfound comrades die. Calm, serene, concentrated. No fear remained. Battle-memory took over, the mind becoming a blank.

"By the blade of the Demonsbane! For Efer-Nim! For the Lightbringer!"

He ran forward, greatsword raised above his head, charging forward. His feet flew over the ground, each stride powering him forward. He brought his blade down directly into the demonic creature, hopes rising as the blade cleaved clean through the creature's head. Threads of triumph were snapped instantly, as the elemental's head quickly reformed. The creature of flame did not have weak points like a human or hobgoblin - it merely took the shape of a human, not the body. Still, the flame had dimmed somewhat; perhaps even mere steel could defeat these fearsome beings.

Daiyanissa
2007-07-17, 07:06 PM
((OOC: Did my Smite hit?))

Daiy smite attacks the fire elemental

Attack
3+10 = 13
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1155626

And if hit

DMG
3+3=6
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1155628

Methalor
2007-07-17, 07:28 PM
(OOC: Daiy/Derek:

Your calculation is slightly off.

You have an attack bonus of +8 with your greatsword - your 7+1 for it being masterwork.

Add another +3 for your smite, brings you to +11.

Add the +4 from my successful Leading the Attack, and that brings you to +15.

So, your attack is 3+15=18 :smallbiggrin: Possibly even a hit.

Also, shouldn't your damage roll be 2d6+9? Greatsword + 1 1/2*Strength bonus + smite damage?)

Also, next maneuver calculation. Same system as above:

[roll0]

1 = Crusader's Strike
2 = Vanguard Strike
3 = Charging Minotaur

ByeLindgren
2007-07-18, 12:15 AM
Shouldn't the elemental have to make a reflex save as well? Also, both the druid and the elemental are denied dex and dodge bonuses to AC unless they have 5 ranks of balance - that was something about Grease I forgot to point out earlier.

As for my next move, Enlarge Person grants +2 STR, -2 DEX, increased weapon size, 10' reach, and the relevant -1 to attacks and AC due to being Large sized.
We need more manpower.
Martin takes a scroll out of his belt, yells "Be prepared to grow!" moves to I11 and casts Enlarge Person (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/enlargeperson.htm) on Yorrick (who I presume now occupies G6, G7, H6, and H7).

de-trick
2007-07-18, 04:32 PM
I5, I6, J5, J6,
7 | | | | | | | | Y | F | F | | |
[/table]

yorrick you hit and hurt it pretty bad
60-23=37
Daiy no for first round but hit on the dot for second
37-12=25
(say something if i missed you and what you did, sorry if I missed my bad )

de-trick
2007-07-18, 04:41 PM
ok yorrick ill be nice, you get 1 slam daiy you get 1 slam too
yorrick
[roll0]
[roll1]
daiy
[roll2]
[roll3]

the ball of fire comes towards martin
reflex

damage
[roll4]

and the druid action

get rid of chuck
gust of wind
foritude save

(come on TPK)

ByeLindgren
2007-07-18, 07:13 PM
Wouldn't Chuck get an AoO on the Druid, since he didn't cast defensively? And if he hit, then wouldn't the druid have to make a concentration check DC 10+Damage Dealt? Also, if you want him to just take a 5' step back and avoid the AoO, he cannot also move the ball of fire. Anyway, here's my reflex save. Fight the TPK powah...
[roll0]
Martin attempts to move out of the way of the ball of fire, but it burns him from tip to toe. I'm not feeling so well...

Daiyanissa
2007-07-18, 10:38 PM
((OOC: Why are you hoping for a TPK?!?!))

Daiy growls at the elemental's attack and rises to meet it with another hit from her trusty greatsword.

She attacks the same Elemental

Attack
1d20+8 = 10+8=18
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1157768

DMG
2d6+6 = 5+6+6=17
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1157768

Take that bitch!

ByeLindgren
2007-07-18, 10:52 PM
Gust of wind "takes care of people" by blowing them back a certain amount - certainly not a killer spell. I'm not sure it should even go off... Also (I shall repeat), we should keep in mind that the Fire Elemental is denied his Dex/Dodge bonuses to AC, and therefore should be pretty easy to hit. Though Elementals that big aren't exactly pushovers even if you do connect. I'd suggest using power attack. Yorrick especially. Surprisingly, my spell is effective against the elemental. Will save DC 15 or be blinded, though I have to roll a not-1 on my caster level check or there's a mishap.
[roll0]

Also, I'm wondering, did Mr. Druid even get up after he fell from my Grease spell? And has the elemental made a save for it yet?

Realizing that this fight is going to be lethal pretty quickly unless he can do something, Martin pulls another scroll out of his belt and casts Glitterdust (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/glitterdust.htm), sprinkling both the fire elemental and the druid in blindingly bright glitter. AFTER he casts the spell and (hopefully) blinds both of them, Martin moves to I9.

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-19, 02:17 AM
((OOC: sorry about the mis-post earlier. I made a mistake. Story post to followDONE))

Attack [roll0]
Damage, if hit [roll1]

Neshi barely hears the Martin's arcane chant but he gasps in awe as Yorrick's form grows and he matches the Eker'ra eye-to-eye ere he spins into a maelstrom of slashes. Below the behemoths, his beloved charges in, sword swinging, golden hair streaming. His heart leaps with joy and pride as both blades of lady and comrade slice deep into the nigh-ethereal body of the Eker'ra.

The burning warrior wades into the storm of swords, fearless and undaunted. Fists of roiling flame whoosh through the air and bash at Yorrick's chest, staggering him. His scorched armor smokes from the fury but he manages to regain his balance. The elemental of fire then looks down, eyes seething, lip sneering. It heaves a leg back and kicks out contemptuously at the golden-haired paladin battering away at its nether regions.

Neshi's eyes widen in shock and outrage as the blow connects. The foot resumes its natural form as an amorphous fireball and slams into Daiyanissa, enshrouding her briefly in a fiery corona. Neshi's jaw drops as he glimpses his beloved fly from the heart of the storm and skid into the turf. She stumbles back, her mane aflame, her clothing cindered, her fair flesh bleeding, blistered and burned...

He surges forward but nearly stumbles himself. Looking down into the greasy ground and then at the Eker'ra pounding at his comrades, he curses bitterly, "Seventy-seven suffering serpents take thy sinful soul, misbegotten son of Set!"

Neshi hears once more the voice of his grandfather, the man who taught him the art of war, in an age long gone, long ago... Strike the serpent's head and not its coils! A servant shall fall without its master!

Humming with enchantment, Neshi's curved blade sings through the air. Powered by the rage of an offended lover, the sword plunges into the green flesh of the Masaw mage. The beast, too intent on his spell-wrought mayhem, gasps as the khopesh cuts into his thigh.

de-trick
2007-07-19, 05:45 PM
hes floating, and he has no solid form so he would move back into form
but if you really want
[roll0]
(just a joke from my tabletop gaming times)

no he never, my bad but how bout Chuck gets 2 attack of opportunity 1 for getting up, 1 for casting spell

the fire elemental dies

now only druid left

de-trick
2007-07-19, 05:50 PM
will save for hobgoblin druid
[roll0]

Daiyanissa
2007-07-19, 08:35 PM
Lay On Hands Martin for 8

ByeLindgren
2007-07-19, 08:41 PM
I don't think you can do both, and I don't think Martin needs both. He'll take a Lay On Hands for 8, though.
"Oh, thank you."

de-trick
2007-07-19, 10:02 PM
forgot to mention martin failed the save

de-trick
2007-07-19, 10:04 PM
6 | | | | | | | Y | Y | g | g | C | |
7 | | | | | | | Y | Y | | | | |
9 | | | | | | | | | M | | | |
11 | | | | | | | | | | | | |
[/table]

wingover gimble
2007-07-19, 11:30 PM
((OOC" ok sorry for not replying for a long ime its been hectic. birthday, lots of D&D, freind from ontario came in, minatures soon be arriving and watching new movies. Ok so heres me attacks))

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

jesus h christ

Ok. So swinging wildly from being surprised be all these things happeneing. Looking surprised as a flaming humaniod comes out and is banished in twelve seconds. Then the grease appears and he looks at the flaming sphere and goes,"Damn its just not my day to live. Well might aswell make hte best of it. Then a blast of air comes through and seems as strong as a mini typhoon.

wingover gimble
2007-07-19, 11:37 PM
Fort : [roll0]
initative[roll1]

i deleted my grapple becuase im seeming to fly for this very moment :smallfrown:

de-trick
2007-07-20, 01:01 AM
chuck you are blown down prone

Methalor
2007-07-20, 01:47 AM
Yorrick skirts around the greased ground so that he takes up 3H, 3I, 4H, 4I as a move action.

As a standard action, he attacks the druid using Stone Bones (no change in attack roll - strength negates attack penalty):

Attack Roll - [roll0]
Threat Roll - [roll1]
Damage Roll - [roll2]

(If the attack hits, Yorrick gains DR 5/admantine from Stone Bones)

Methalor
2007-07-20, 02:02 AM
Whoops, coin flip time for next maneuver:

[roll0]

Daiyanissa
2007-07-20, 10:19 AM
Charge Towards Druid for attack

Attack
13+10=23
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1160852

Reflex?
8+7=15
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1160855

Balance
20+3=23
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1160861

DMG
2+2+10=14
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1160868

and there you have it

ByeLindgren
2007-07-20, 02:17 PM
Not seeing much else he can do, Martin moves again to I7 and casts Daze (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/daze.htm) on the druid (DC 13 or don't act on next turn).

wingover gimble
2007-07-21, 01:45 AM
Well since no one is posting and derek doesnt know whos initative it is i'll take a couple swings from prone position.
dmg [roll1]
[roll2] dmg [roll3]

i have the strangest feeling i didnt hit.
O $hit i threaten a critical!!!
come on baby [roll]1d20+2

wingover gimble
2007-07-21, 01:47 AM
Forgot about that
[roll0] theres my roll for confirming but i dont hink i hit :(

ByeLindgren
2007-07-21, 02:05 AM
I'll help. First, let's repost that initiative order.

Daiy 26
Druid 25
Sensfan 21
Neshi 18
Martin 17
Yor 11
Chuck 7

Now, this is how it should resolve:

Daiy gets her attack in. If the druid is still alive, it gets to act. I think Sensfan is in another combat right now, so I'll ignore that one, but you'd know better. After that, Neshi gets his attack/damage in. Once that happens, the druid has to make a save DC 13 or it can't act next round. Then, Yorrick gets his attacks/maneuvers in, posted above. Finally, Chuck gets his crit, and then we're on to the next round.

In the future, it might be easier to number rounds, ask everyone for their actions, and then post everything that happened in that round under a bold, plot-exposition-y title. This is the perfect time to do that, as everyone in the current melee has listed what they're going to do. Of course, you can also post in the middle of rounds whether an attack hit or a spell succeeded in order to help people along in deciding their actions. Also, if you require someone to make a save, it would be best to tell them quickly.

Methalor
2007-07-21, 02:15 AM
Aye, combat has been a total drag. We need to organize it better, lest it bog down this game to oblivion. We all put down our actions in order and we get the results at the end of the round. We can always put in a few clauses in our posts (if the elemental is dead, attack the druid in this manner) to smooth things along.

As for saves and skill checks, why not have Derek do them himself when he needs them? It's unnecessary wait time. Instead of asking for a check or save, he can just roll it himself with our modifiers.

de-trick
2007-07-21, 08:44 AM
com,bat was going more or less ok till last round a couple of people made thier actions for a differnt round now. If you are going or will not be ablke to post say that this is for a later round

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-21, 10:50 AM
((Sorry if I might have been too eager, chief. Could we, however, please ask for a round-to-round tally of who-did-what? That might help clear things up.))

de-trick
2007-07-21, 03:18 PM
everyone please put what you did for the rounds like

round 1druid cast flaming sphere and hit Daiy, fire elemental moved to protect druid
round 2druid cast gust of wind, fire elemental hit Daiy and yorrick, flaming sphere hit martin

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-22, 11:52 AM
Done, chief.

round 1Neshi cast Magic Weapon on his sword and dashed to J4
round 2He then took a swipe at the Druid: Atk 25, Dmg 13

It's been ONLY two rounds?!? Huh, it seems I am still unused to combat in this manner.

wingover gimble
2007-07-22, 12:07 PM
Well since no one is posting and derek doesnt know whos initative it is i'll take a couple swings from prone position.
[roll0] dmg [roll1]
[roll2] dmg [roll3]

that what i did and i didnt confirm unless an 15 confirms

de-trick
2007-07-23, 06:41 PM
no it doesn't

Methalor
2007-07-24, 02:07 AM
I'm sorry, but what's going on here? Has this campaign died or something?

Why don't we just say the combat is finished? I'm fairly sure we'd have destroyed this druid in a few more turns anyway. I'd like to get on with the story, and methinks it has been derailed by some unnecessary combat.

Also, maybe we should PM the other players, since they might have written this game off...

de-trick
2007-07-24, 03:44 AM
I really don't know what happened ether
New Rule Post your combat stuff(eg attack damage) only when your turn unless your gone for like 3 days or out for a bit

Daiyanissa
2007-07-24, 11:51 AM
I have been here,but i did not know what you wanted from me. What is going on?

de-trick
2007-07-24, 12:08 PM
I was asking to put what you did during the encounter
round 1 charge and hit the elemental
round 2 missed the elemental
and so on

ByeLindgren
2007-07-25, 01:09 AM
I was waiting for others to post, but this is the way I read it:
Surprise Round: Daiy and Martin use ranged attacks against the druid, hit unless the thing has a flatfooted AC of over twenty, do a bit of damage. Chuck moves into position for a full attack. Neshi and Yorrick apparently do nothing. The Fire Elemental and the Druid are surprised and thus do not act.

Round 1 (on initiative now): Daiy hits the Druid with her greatsword, dealing lots of damage. The Druid (freely?) casts Flaming Sphere, hitting Daiy. Neshi casts Magic Weapon and moves into striking distance. Martin casts Grease, causing the Druid to fall prone (also, since Fire Elementals have no flight speed and no specified floating ability, I would assume they do need to have a footing just like normal creatures, but we can talk about that later). Yorrick uses leading the attack and charges the Fire Elemental. Chuck full attacks the druid.

Round 2: Daiy attacks the Fire Elemental again. The druid gets up - one move action. He then moves the flaming sphere to Martin's square - another move action. His round is over. The Fire Elemental attacks and hits. Neshi attacks the druid. Martin casts Enlarge Person on Yorrick. Yorrick uses Stone Bones and attacks the druid. Chuck full attacks the Druid.

Round 3: Daiy charge attacks the Druid (through grease... could be an issue). The Druid casts Gust of Wind on Chuck, knocking him prone. This is where it gets fuzzy. The Fire Elemental is apparently dead at this point. I do not believe Neshi has posted his actions for this round. Martin then cast Glitterdust, to no avail. Yorrick has not yet posted his action for Round 3. Chuck full attacked while prone.

Round 4: Daiy used her Lay on Hands ability to heal Martin 8 points. The Druid's action has not yet been posted. The Fire Elemental is still assumed to be destroyed. Neshi's actions have not yet been posted. Martin will cast Daze on the druid if he's still alive. Yorrick's actions have not yet been posted. Chuck's actions have not yet been posted.

Methalor
2007-07-25, 01:51 AM
No, I didn't move to attack the druid until the elemental was dead. Derek said that, after one of Daiy's attacks, the guy was dead, so I moved through the space occupied by it. I was fairly sure that Yorrick didn't come into play until your Round 2, and that "Round 1" was some kind of surprise round.

Seriously, why don't we just write off this combat? It's obviously failed because we couldn't post in order. We need to move on and not let this die and, to do so, we've either gotta pull some magic get-everything-straight beans out of a bag and plant them or simply say that we've defeated the bugger/we didn't attack in the first place and this whole bloody debacle never occurred..

Daiyanissa
2007-07-25, 06:23 AM
I agree, it's been like a week.

de-trick
2007-07-25, 07:35 AM
( you all here in your mind the voice of your gods) and the druid is killed by divine lightning killing the druid instantly

Daiyanissa
2007-07-25, 03:44 PM
"...." She looks to her comrades in bewilderment, "ok..what happened here? I wanted to question him!"

wingover gimble
2007-07-25, 04:17 PM
Looking around chuck shouts, holy crap did you see that lightning come from the sky! It was like BAM! We were all like wow. Wait, for some reason my ears are ringing loudly. Trying very hard to hear others from being deafened by the really close lightning cast from the Gods "DM". ARE YOU GUYS STILL OKAY? I THINK MY EARS ARE RINGING REALLY REALLY LOUDLY CANT HEAR MUCH. ((OOC: probably wont last long though. Im ju8st saying i was basically a couple inches beside him when i was about to punch him and bam divine lightning cast from a high level dungeon master.))

de-trick
2007-07-25, 11:21 PM
know xp time

1600 for enconter

and 400 for roleplaying

ByeLindgren
2007-07-26, 01:01 AM
Ding! HP: [roll0] We're going up pretty quickly. Here I thought I'd be able to visit the Arcane Order before I got my 6th level, heh heh.

"Some form of lightning came down and... killed the Druid? It's just not my day."

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-27, 08:11 AM
((OOC:Relevant Rolls: Trip Attack with khopesh [roll0] Normal Attack [roll1] Damage [roll2]
Reflex Save [roll3]
Heal check [roll4]
Knowledge Religion check [roll5]
Next cleric level's HP roll [roll6]

**Folks, please forgive me for any... infringement I might commit.

**Story post to follow, will be from Fire Elemental's death to Neshi's reaction to divine intervention.))

de-trick
2007-07-27, 11:06 PM
reroll the one

de-trick
2007-07-28, 09:21 PM
OK you free the elf and he offers to help you for helping him and you follow the path till you reach the opening to the cave

tell me if your going stealthy or brute force way

ByeLindgren
2007-07-28, 10:47 PM
Elf? Did I miss something?

de-trick
2007-07-29, 12:10 AM
senfan thought I speed it up a little

Daiyanissa
2007-07-29, 11:33 AM
...Free the elf...?

Go Stealthy i guess..

((OOC: Feeling very confused here..))

Miraqariftsky
2007-07-29, 10:31 PM
((Sorry for the subpar post. Phone lines are down. This computer is borrowed. Much schoolwork besides. I do not expect to post again until Thursday))

Neshi's actions: Heal everyone who needs healing.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

He follows Daiy's orders.

If there is battle, he opens up with a Sound Burst.

In case I take longer'n I should, I have asked both Daiy and Methalor to fill in for me.

de-trick
2007-07-30, 02:59 PM
who ever goes near to see the elf in the cage you see 4 hobgoblins dead each has a arrow in them one has the arrow in his heart

Thank you, so much for helping me i wish to help you for the hobgoblins destroyed my house, by the way My name is Milo Greenbottle,

Daiyanissa
2007-07-30, 08:18 PM
Daiyanissa approached the elf, a brow lifted in curiosity towards the dead and the cage. She walked towards it and inspected the lock.

"Sit back, I'll get you out"

Attack on the lock
1d20+7= 18
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1182800

"What Are you Doing in there anyways? What happened?" She asked as she hacked away at the locked cage.

de-trick
2007-07-30, 08:24 PM
you destroy the lock

I was captured by the hobgoblins they proudly wanted me to become a slave. The hobgoblins destroyed my home

Daiyanissa
2007-07-30, 08:34 PM
"Hmm, so you wish to assist us? What is your Profession? And how do you expect to help us?" She reached out her hand to assist him up. "Do you know where to find the others?"

de-trick
2007-07-30, 08:45 PM
I have great skill with the bow. I have keen senses even greater than my kind

No I dont but I do know that the hobgoblin have a encantment close by

Daiyanissa
2007-07-31, 06:57 AM
She thought for a moment,"Well alright then, Join us. We are headed for that encampment. Prepare yourself. We Will camp here for the evening. I will take first watch. Be at a constant vigil"

She walked over to Sir Micheal and started to unload him. She noticed the hobgoblins in the cart and made her way over to free one hand each and give them some food. She also took them to the bushes to relieve themselves. "Almost there"

After her chores were done she took out her dagger and a piece of wood she found on the ground and started to carve while she watched for intruders.

wingover gimble
2007-08-01, 12:24 AM
DM ONLY
ok i cant see a ****in point of having these hobgoblins for prisoners honestly my ber destroyed family and my drowned sister agree with me so while they are talking to the elf i go back to the wagon and snap every one of those sorry basterds necks and then come back. Its not a evil act becuase htey are evil themselves but it deffintely is not a good or lawful act im just puting them out of their misery of having to deal with the palidin or the jailer soon.

Oh forgot to do something back at our wagon keep and eye out here i'll be right back. Chuck goes running off towards the wagon thinking abolut how he drowned his sister over a wooden toy boat In frustration.

wingover gimble
2007-08-01, 01:17 AM
oh ya hit points [roll0] derek were you there when victor gave us the fly theory? if not its when your driving and the fly buzzes into your car adn you shoe it out around fifty miles later what is going through the flies mind is it like F u k Its going to take us like four generations to get back!!!:smallmad: I think that theory is as great as the cat and buttered bread theory.

de-trick
2007-08-01, 03:56 AM
gimble
(last time we make a story line with victor at 4 in the morning

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-01, 10:31 PM
She walked over to Sir Micheal and started to unload him. She noticed the hobgoblins in the cart and made her way over to free one hand each and give them some food. She also took them to the bushes to relieve themselves. "Almost there"

After her chores were done she took out her dagger and a piece of wood she found on the ground and started to carve while she watched for intruders.

Neshi's mind is still a-whirl with the events of the day... his eyes still dazed from the white fire that had immolated their spellcasting foe. He stumbles about the camp, seemingly heedless of his surroundings, the Mosid'ar mage's last necromantic chant still rotting his ears, the hobgoblin's ashes still irritating his nostrils.

ksk... ksk... sssk-kk... ksk... ksk

The soft scraping jars him out of his reverie. He turns and sees a shapely silhouette against the light of the campfire. His beloved lady's golden mane shines all the more against the light of the fire. The shadows of her backlit body inflame his blood yet his limbs tremble as he approaches her.

His unclad and hardened feet stop a few feet from her and he keeps a respectful distance. He slowly kneels then bows to her, forehead in the dirt, and asks, "Milady radiant, mistress most fair, wouldst thou grant thy slave an audience?"

de-trick
2007-08-02, 07:48 PM
Daiy
Neshi
make a listen and spot

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-03, 01:34 PM
((OOC: [roll0] Listen [roll1] Spot--- Post-roll rant: Wooohoo-hoo! Finally, some good rolls! Ya-ha-haaaar! Ahem, sorry about that, folks))

IC: <to be filled in, pending update from GM>

de-trick
2007-08-03, 03:00 PM
your ears perk up and you hear a rustle in the bushes coming from behind you, when you turn around brown feathers of somethings back hunched over, eating something

wingover gimble
2007-08-04, 12:54 AM
Hahahaha you guys gotta hear this. Its a D&D song short but funny and the references i have all seen. http://dndsong.ytmnd.com/ srrry i was that bored it was like 2 in the morning and like nothing was happening soi started to search random things.

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-04, 03:28 AM
ksk... ksk... sssk-kk... ksk... ksk

The slow, slow carving continues with nary a breath, nary a sigh in response to Neshi's hail. Puzzled, he dares to look up and brush some stray locks from her beauteous eyes...

...and he stumbles back, aghast. Blood and fire flicker from within the orbs. Slowly, inexorably, a tide of solid scarlet assails the blue and purple strains in her pupils. Neshi's flesh turns cold as he realizes that his beloved is once more fighting a battle of souls.

ksk... ksk... sssk-kk... ksk... ksk Her hands continue to carve the stick in seeming catatonia. Neshi's chest heaves in worry and in woe.

GRazhzhdgggg... GRAF! rraKK-raKK! *munch-chomp*

Suddenly, the bushes rustle behind him. A storm of brown plummage shakes violently and gore flies through the foliage. ((OOC: Spot [roll0] Knowledge Dungeoneering check to identify the feathered beast in shadows [roll1] Knowledge Nature check in case it is not an aberration. Knowledge Arcana check in case it's a magical beast [roll2]))

His eyes dart from one danger to another--- from Daiyanissa's inner demon to the beast in the shadows. Oh my lord, Horus, bless my hands that they may not falter in this battle. Bless my heart that I might decide wisely, he prays.

He looks around at his sleeping comrades and thinks to himself that they are better off since their positions in the camp are relatively far from the rustling beast. He fears making any sudden moves that might attract the beast's attention. But nevertheless decides his priorities and where his loyalties lie.

He slings his shield onto his back, heaves a deep breath and sweeps Daiyanissa into his arms. Grunting with the effort, he winces at every thunderous, cracking footfall that he makes, fearful that the noise of the combined clanking of their suits of armor will either awaken his comrades or attract the attention of the monster in the darkness. [roll3] Trying to Move Silently in full armor while carrying another armored being

Neshi walks as fast as his burdens allow him to and moves around the campfire, protectively putting the fierce flames of the watchfire between his beloved and the feathered beast in the shadows. He gently lays her on a smooth, flat boulder and leaves his rolled blanket beneath her head to serve as a crude pillow.

Heal check [roll4] Knowledge Religion [roll5] He bends down to her breast and listens for steady breathing. Neshi breathes a sigh of relief as he detects a healthy heartbeat. He gently parts her eyelids and heaves a prayer of thanks as he sees the sinful, scarlet sea abating within her eyes.

ksk... ksk... sssk-kk... ksk... ksk He recoils in shock as he realizes that her hands had still been holding the knife and half-carven sculpture. Neshi carefully pries the small blade from her hands and replaces it in her sheath. He shakes his head in disbelief as her hands still dumbly continue through the motions of carving. Neshi makes the Sign of the Falcon over the both of them and her struggles ease. Despite the seeming calm of her features, Daiyanissa's hands still twitch, though.

For good measure, however, he pulls out the vial of holy water that she gave him in the city and dips a finger in. He flicks some drops over her body and dabs two drops of holy water on her lips. The droplets sizzle on her feverish flesh and for a moment, she writhes in unhallowed pain. The moment passes and Neshi fleetingly kisses her lips and her forehead, whispering, "By Horakhe, be thou well and be thou safe, my love"

With that, he steps back around the campfire to face the beast in the shadows. Neshi straps his shield back on and brings it forward and up while bracing his legs for the upcoming action. He slowly crouches low and draws his khopesh, sliding it into the heart of the fire. He feels the crossguard grow warm and he brings it back out into the air, knowing that by then, the blade should be glowing red-hot, then...

KLANGG! KLA-KLANGGG! DRANG-TA-GAAANGGG!

...slams it repeatedly against his shield, hoping that the noise will drive away the beast... and awake his comrades from their ill-advised slumber.

"TO ARMS!", He yells at them, trying to rouse them from the depths of sleep. "A vile spawn of Set approaches! TO ARMS!", Neshi bellows.

Methalor
2007-08-04, 09:42 AM
Listen for Neshi's Move Silently: [roll0]
(-10 penalty for sleeping.)

Opposed to Neshi's 10, so it fails. Therefore, Yorrick wakes up when Neshi rouses everyone. Yorrick is therefore unarmored, as he has no opportunity to don it (even hastily) before a fight.

HP Roll for leveling up: HP roll (done on here because boards were down) (1d10=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1192308)

Story to come...

Intimidate Check: [roll1]

(For intimidating the creature)

Initiative Roll: [roll2]

Granted Maneuver Roll #1: [roll3]
Granted Maneuver Roll #2: [roll4]

Same as character sheet order:

1. Stone Bones
2. Leading the Attack
3. Crusader's Strike
4. Vanguard Strike
5. Charging Minotaur

So, Maneuvers are Stone Bones and Vanguard Strike.

wingover gimble
2007-08-04, 10:37 AM
Listen check to getup or if itis fortitude
[roll0] fort
[roll1] listen
[roll2]initative

de-trick
2007-08-04, 12:52 PM
neshi
its an owlbear here to eat the dead hobgoblins

everyones up expect for Daiy

intimidate
[roll0]

the creature turns around with a hobgoblin leg in it's beak then slurps it up

and lets out a screech
initiative
[roll1]

de-trick
2007-08-04, 01:03 PM
the creature is paniked but with this is a to good meal to pass up 6 hobgoblins so it stays

forgot milo initive

[roll0]

wingover gimble
2007-08-04, 11:21 PM
Derek large creatures get +4 to intimidate huge +8 but i dont think it affects small creatures i'll have to look up on that one

ByeLindgren
2007-08-04, 11:40 PM

I need a map and a creature description.

"Another call to arms..?" Martin turns around to see a monstrous creature, humanoid legs hanging out of its mouth. "Gah!" Martin remains shocked, heels back in shock, while everyone else acts.

de-trick
2007-08-05, 12:22 AM
http://www.hobbyjapan.co.jp/dd/news/img/mm3.5/Owlbear02.jpg

Methalor
2007-08-05, 12:28 AM
Derek large creatures get +4 to intimidate huge +8 but i dont think it affects small creatures i'll have to look up on that one

(OOC:
Actually, that was the opposed check. I should have had an extra -4 on mine (size category smaller) but it still works anyway.
)

de-trick
2007-08-05, 12:05 PM
21 yorrick
13 milo
12 chuck
10 neshi
9 owlbear
6 martin

goes like that need neshi (I could have missed it)
Daiy could have one if she comes back(computer problems)

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-05, 05:20 PM
[roll0] Initiative

Neshi recoils and nearly retches at the sight ofthe hideous monstrosity's full form. He glances around at the sounds of blankets shucked off and of weapons readied. He breathes a sigh of relief that his comrades heeded his watchman's alarum and that they can now defend themselves.

But then, looking at their disheveled faces and forms, Neshi grimaces. He summons his courage and strengthens his resolve, determined to face the challenge head on.

He hunches his shoulders, adjusts his left arm for a better grip on his shield and slides a step or two ahead, placing himself between the owlbear and his comrades. Barely turning, he issues orders to his troop in a voice steady and grim. "Troop, stay well back! Take cover behind me and use the campfire, the trees and the rocks for protection. Slings and spells and bows, engage that thing at range and skirmish. Keep well away from those claws and beak!"

Neshi slides another step forward and continues. "Milo, bow out and keep back and away--- bombard that abomination from the far left flank! Martin, if thou hast some Grease left, please cast it now to keep that thing from reaching us! Follow it with either thy strength-sapper or thy colorful stunning spell if'n ye please... but if thy arcane might is drained for the day, get thou back to the far right flank and support us with thy belly-bow! Chuck, front and center, here with me! Cover my left flank, melee and ranged... spells too, if thou canst manage them."

The slightest of smiles curls the corners of his lips upward as he commands the old guard. "Yorrick! Sword in the soil and be ready to charge but meantime, stand thou guard over milady Daiyanissa with thy bow. Full ranged support unless circumstances force thy hand. Defend the Lightbringer with thy life, man!"

Methalor
2007-08-06, 04:46 PM
(OOC: Be posting late tonight with action/story. Places to go now, though... :smallbiggrin: )

Methalor
2007-08-07, 08:25 AM
Okay, so we don't have a map... Bugger.

Basically, Yorrick moves into a position between Daiy and the creature with a good line to charge along at him. (Guys, do leave a space in front for me to run at 'im!) This is his move action.

As a swift action, he takes up the Leading the Charge stance, which grants his allies +3 damage on all charge attacks.

As a standard action, he makes one attack with his shortbow on the Owlbear.

Maneuver roll: [roll3]

de-trick
2007-08-07, 08:38 PM
milo grabs his bow and attacks the owlbear

[roll0]
[roll1]

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-09, 09:40 PM
((OOC: I will be out for most of today, so here are Neshi's actions --- just insert them after whatever Chuck does, thank ye kindly:

Use Scroll of Spiritual Weapon and summon a floating celestial khopesh near the owlbear's head.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Threat
[roll2] Damage

Story post to follow))

de-trick
2007-08-10, 05:10 PM
since gimble is busy ill go for him he runs up and attacks the owlbear

[roll0]
damage
[roll1]

de-trick
2007-08-10, 05:20 PM
Ac 15

hp 52-10=42
-------------------------------------

it attacks the gnome that came up but missed

claw 1[roll0]
[roll1]

claw 2[roll2]
[roll3]

bite
[roll4]
[roll5]

if hit with a claw it will try and grapple with the gnome
[roll6]

ByeLindgren
2007-08-10, 05:38 PM
Martin finally reacts to the beast, casting Grease underneath its feet and behind it (as to not affect Martin's allies).

"I don't think I can get a clear shot!" What with chuck being grabbed...

The owlbear needs to make a reflex save DC 14 or fall prone. It'll need to make a balance check DC 10 to move at half speed through the grease. It needs 5 ranks or more of Balance to avoid being flatfooted (and denied his DEX to AC) while in the grease. I need a map to see if I can cast certain things well.

de-trick
2007-08-10, 05:54 PM
reflex

[roll0]

he had to roll a 9 how sad:smallfrown:

ByeLindgren
2007-08-10, 06:06 PM
He also needs a balance check to get up, DC 10, provoking Attacks of Opportunity. How'd the grapple with Chuck go?

de-trick
2007-08-10, 06:18 PM
ill tell you
[roll0]

balance
[roll1]

AoO for yorrick

ByeLindgren
2007-08-10, 06:19 PM
That'll be next round's move action that he gets up and provokes an AoO.

de-trick
2007-08-10, 06:21 PM
true

ramdom talking to get past 10 characters:smallsmile:

Methalor
2007-08-10, 08:08 PM
Yorrick discards his bow as a free action and charges at the Owlbear, drawing his Greatsword as he runs. (You are able to draw a weapon as a free action as part of a regular move if your BAB is > +1)

He uses the Vanguard Strike maneuver (+4 to attacks by allies if he hits) and Power Attacks (-4 to attack bonus, +8 to damage). Charging adds +2 to his attack bonus and -2 to his AC. The Owlbear, being prone, has -4 to AC.

As a swift action, he shifts into the Iron Guard's Glare stance, giving the Owlbear a -4 to attacks on Yorrick's allies (but not Yorrick himself).

Next Maneuver granted: [roll3]

Yorrick cursed as his shot flew wide of the towering creature. Some kind of magical cross between a bear and an owl, this abberation of nature should have been an easy target to hit. "Damn, I should be able to do better." he thought, as he drew another arrow. His self-chastising thoughts lasted only for a moment, as his attention was inevitably drawn to the actions of his companions.

Neshi exercised his divine might, summoning forth a magical khopesh to smite the creature. Yorrick grinned at his companion's understandable caution - that creature could easily take hold of a man and crush him. The group's de facto leader for this encounter, the dark-skinned warrior's plan was sound. They couldn't afford to get trapped by this creature; rushing in and hacking away would be far from a sound plan, especially with the lady Paladin, perhaps the group's strongest warrior next to Yorrick, currently incapacitated.

Neshi's plan was not to be held to, however, as the strange little gnome rushed forward to charge the Owlbear. As Chuck's training-hardened fists pounded into the hulking creature, Yorrick look on in dismay as the Owlbear merely shook off the attack. Striking out at the gnome, raking claws soon tore across the little monk, grabbing hold of him and hoisting him off the ground.

The spellslinger, slow to react but still a quick-thinking little chap, produced the same mystical grease effect that he had used against the druid the previous day. His magical incantations proved to be true, as the abberation toppled to the ground, clawed paws still gripping Chuck tightly. "No matter." thought Yorrick, "The little caster has given us a good chance!"

"Captain! Change of plans!" shouted out Yorrick, quick to react to the Owlbear's fall. "Milo, fall back and protect our lady Paladin with your bow! Hold your fire, and keep watch for any more threats! Neshi, advance with me and strike him once again with the holy weapon of Horus-Re! Martin, stay well out of reach of this creature and prepare to back us up with your arcane might at a moment's notice!"

His orders called out, Yorrick threw aside his bow. He began to run towards the prone Owlbear, drawing his greatsword from his back as he charged forward. "BY THE MIGHT OF THE LIGHTBRINGER!" he screamed out, vaguely conscious of the words leaving his mouth, some hidden memory taking control of his voice. It mattered not to him, however, as his mind clouded out all external thoughts and focused on only one thing - the fallen opponent before him.

Swiftly, surely, he brought his might down upon the creature where it lay, satisfaction filling him as his greatsword cleaved surely through its hide and into the foul beast's belly, leaving a deep and painful gash. As the creature howled in agony, Yorrick simply stared down at it, glaring at it, challenging it to attack him.

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-11, 08:42 AM
[roll0] Spiritual Weapon Attack [roll1] Crit threat, if at all [roll2] Damage x2=6 total

The unnatural beast flops to the ground in a flood of grease, taking the bleeding Chuck along with it. Feathers and fur, blood and bone shards fly as Yorrick's blade drives deep into its torso.

The actions of the others seem to blur in Neshi's sleep-deprived eyes. He fights the sluggishness and lethargy with a seeming roar that degenerates into a mere grunting.

Neshi grunts his affirmative to Yorrick's plan and extends his blade slowly. His eyes close in prayer as he focuses on the celestial sword's swift slashes forming hallowed halo around the owlbear and then takes a deep breath. It withdraws and flows into the blade of his khopesh, making it blaze with white fire.

He lowers his head, loosens his limbs and runs forward. His eyes snap open, blazing bright.

Midstride, Neshi sweeps his sword forward in a swift near-horizontal arc and bellows, "E imu't Set'na!" A sheet of flame roars forth from the blade's honed edge and keens like a falcon upon its prey.

The phantom blade of hallowed flames screams across the clearing and strikes the owlbear as it rises. The foul beast screeches in pain as the spiritual weapon cuts across its neck. A thin stream of thick blood spurts down its plummage but apparently, its massive musculature has prevented further injury.

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-11, 09:20 AM
((OOC: Yo chief! I've got a suspicion that we have acted out of line here... technically, we've already reached the end of the Initiative line, right?

Neshi's Initiative for Round 2: [roll0]

Please forgive me my overeagerness. I'll probably be out for most of tomorrow anyway and please just integrate it as seems best with the other folks' actions per Initiative order. Again, sorry.))

Methalor
2007-08-11, 01:48 PM
No, you only roll for initiative at the beginning of combat. The order stays the same. So, you're only slightly out of order - Milo, the NPC, moves before you - and I told him to fall back anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. :smalltongue:

Also, you get a charge attack yourself - the Spiritual Weapon will continue attacking the Owlbear. You only need a move action for it to switch target. So, roll for the attack against the prone Owlbear as well. :smallbiggrin: It seems you described it but didn't roll for it. :smalltongue:

de-trick
2007-08-11, 03:49 PM
AC 11
hp 12

yah you get a attack for your self

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-11, 09:19 PM
It seems you described it but didn't roll for it. :smalltongue:

((OOC: Rrrright. Thanks, yo. Tally ho, then. [roll0] Attack [roll1] Threat [roll2] Damage))

de-trick
2007-08-11, 10:18 PM
milo moves to the old spot of yorrick and shoots his bow

[roll0]
[roll1]

de-trick
2007-08-11, 10:20 PM
it falls over and chuck is underneath it damage
escape artist or strength check
[roll0]

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-12, 05:39 PM
((OOC: Ah! Is it dead yet?))

"Praise Horakhe..." Neshi mumbles as the unnatural foe collapses into the dirt. He sags slightlty as the holy power that he had been channeling drains out of his hands like spring water over desert sands.

He stumbles over to the owlbear's head and lifts his sword high. The blade falls repeatedly, gore splattering his greaves. His chest heaving, he only stops when the head is completely severed from the body and the torso has been hacked into a gruesome mess.

[roll0] Attack [roll1] Damage
[roll2] Attack [roll3] Damage
[roll4] Attack [roll5] Damage
[roll6] Attack [roll7] Damage

"Yo..." He gasps after the exertion, leaning against a nearby tree. "Yo... Yorrick. Help me roll this carcass off the little warrior"

Sighing, he wipes his sword on the grass and sheathes it. He leans into the owlbear's corpse and pushes it off and away from the injured gnome. He kneels over Chuck and breathes the last of the day's healing spells over him--- and whover else might be needing them.

Four Cure Light Wounds [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

After all that, Neshi blinks his bloodshot eyes and says to all and sundry, "Good work troop! Good work! Now get some proper rest and set a proper watch! From now on, whenever we bed down, we set a two-man watch lasting four hours. Milo and Yorrick, take first watch. Chuck and Martin, take third watch. I'll take the second watch since my daily devotions to milord Horakhe are at dawn. Good work, everyone! Sleep until noon!"

Neshi walks back to Daiyanissa on the rock and sits near her protectively, nodding off almost immediately.

(speech coloring for later)Done.

ByeLindgren
2007-08-12, 07:04 PM
I think it fell over due to the grease.

Methalor
2007-08-12, 07:25 PM
No, judging by the HP status that Derek gave us (and then Neshi's 9 damage + Milo's 3 damage), the bugger is dead and gone.

de-trick
2007-08-13, 12:51 PM
its D-E-A-D

it fell on chuck for failing the balance but he was trying to get up so his weight was off him then when he died because the owlbear is dead weight

de-trick
2007-08-14, 11:30 PM
so what do you guys do now??

chucks free

Methalor
2007-08-15, 12:28 AM
I think we basically follow Neshi's orders. Sleep late the next day, do watch in the order described, and hit the road in the morning.

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-15, 12:16 PM
((Sigh. I miss Daiyanissa))

Neshi wipes away the gore from his blade with a clump of grass then sheathes his sword wearily. He stumbles over to Daiy's bed and checks on her, once again thanking the heavens that she is still fine, albeit in a deep slumber. He removes his armor, cursing softly at every creak of leather and clank of mail.

((FORESHADOWING: It's fine if y'all don't wake Neshi. Daiy's going to be a-flailing around with some very bad dreams anyway... her gauntlet's going to break his nose if you don't wake him properly for the changing of the watch))

"Ho, first watch! PLEASE don't foget to wake me before dawn, thank ye kindly!" He hollers hoarsely, then pulls out his bedroll violently and doesn't even bother unrolling it. He plops himself down below Daiyanissa's boulder and falls asleep right after a quick prayer.

de-trick
2007-08-15, 12:23 PM
when you wake Daiy is missing but you all feel her presence, in a spiritual way

when you wake and head you reach the mountain area

make a spot check

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-16, 09:04 AM
((OOC: Sorry. Can't Post at length yet. Last midterm exam tomorrow.
Spot check: [roll0]))

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-17, 01:47 AM
((OOC: Classes have been cancelled due to extremely bad super typhoon. Will resume on Tuesday. In the meanwhile, I guess that leaves me free to post.

Sooo, what did Neshi spot, if at all?))

<currently under construction>

de-trick
2007-08-17, 04:56 PM
the entance to the cave, it was covered by some wood

Methalor
2007-08-18, 09:12 PM
(Placeholder, coming later.)

wingover gimble
2007-08-20, 12:11 AM
sorry people i have not been posting because of work adn i got hit by a car literally. I didnt get hurt bad just abeaten and bruised leg but other than that i seem to be fine. Thank the lord. chucks been looking like he was thining hard about things. He changed his alignment to cg becuase party has been caring for him.

spot [roll0]

Walking down the road he walks up to neshi. He looks around at the scenery and says, "Give her time. Woman are fickle son and it hurts. Have you ever thought it may not be a demon in her. If your godly intervention of powers couldnt get rid of it then what makes you certain you think she has a demon in her. I see the way you look at her. You value her over over everything else. Maybe it is something that is buried deep inside of her. An emotion, Dual personality? it could happen im telling you out of concern. Have you looked at yourself latley in the reflections? god man you look sleep deprived. im saying this as a freind not as a troop.
Any time neshi tries to talk he glares at him until he stops and continues no matter what he says.

He sighs and says, "Listen, i never truley had anyone care for me. My family was killed by bears, Dont ask. My master who i thought cared for me turned out he disliked me for he thought i was a bad student and not disciplined enough. What if daiyanissa is like that. What if some part of her says that she shouldnt be able to be a party leader or even a palidin? Listen to me for i am wise even if i dont act it. If you are ever in trouble with her talk to me. I know what isn't known. You may think you may handle this by yourself but dont act like that son im more than twice your age. If you ever want me to talk to her about what is wrong with her let me know. I have a feeling that she will come back for you are here and she still has a part that cares for you. Never let anyone tell you differently even if she tells you herself and as for pulling a blade on me. You do that again and i'll be having to break your arm my boy. Keep strong and people will follow you. Even daiy cant take everything upon her no matter what she thinks becuase event he gods need help. I will stick by youside and we'll stay true to our cause. If you ever need help let me know im always at the back challenging people to a fight. He continues to walk beside neshi until they reach the cave.

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-21, 02:29 AM
Greetings, Gimble. You all right now?
Sigh. It seems no-one's a-told you... OOC, Daiy's player has some... connection trouble. She borrowed a computer, told me on the offsite email that she's going to be offline for a long while. IC--- Daiy's dead.

Neshi looks at the gnome with hollow, mournful eyes and shakes his head slowly. "She was burning in the dawn's light as I emerged from my morning meditation. The gods have taken her, body and soul. She has passed on into a better place where she is free of torment"

Hey! Hellooooo?! Neshi! NESHI! I'm not dead yet! Why can't you hear me?!

His voice heavy with grief, he continues, low and dragging. "What was in her was not merely a 'demon' as you say. It was one of the primordial spirits of darkness... one that was ancient even when my great-grandfather was young..."

Wincing against a sudden flaring of otherworldly pain, he says, "I fear that a shard of the Abyss itself is loose amongst us..."

Indeeeeeeed...

Gritting his teeth, Neshi grunts, then continues. "But we still have a mission to finish. Let us end it swiftly."

He then lifts up his shield, and with its brazen boss, smites the doors of the hobgoblin hole. "We come to parley!"

((OOC: Yo, Methalor! You know what to do!))

wingover gimble
2007-08-21, 11:46 PM
OOC: i know of her computer problems but thanks for the insight

Before they make it to the cave.

Hahahahahaha a person never dies you fool. Its not possible. Our souls live on and walk in valhalia or the golden hills of bytopia or anywhere else they believe or even here. Plus you think a demon or spirit of darkness would do all this? Even demons and spirits have laws to go by but you may not know of them they are .... secret so they may not be used against the wrong spirit that is good.

Startled by the sudden shout of parley. They wont parley. They are hobgoblins and honnorable fighters with ultimate tactics and they woudn't go to all the trouble of all these things just to parley. Well actually they may parley but definitley not surrender or backdown. Waiting hands at his side. He is on a ready action ready to deflect any arrows that may come at them from any sides.

de-trick
2007-08-22, 03:27 PM
5 minutes later

1 goblin comes out, wearing small sized fullplate, and a greatsword to his back, then comes out a bugbear wearing a bluish chain shirt, and a hobgoblin wearing a very nice breastplate

the goblin talks first
Why are you humans here, yet call a parley, but very well

then the goblin moves to the side of the hobgoblin and the bugbear goes to the other side

then the hobgoblin speaks
So what brings you here, humans, come to kill me and my kin

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-22, 10:38 PM
Neshi locks gazes with the masaw-mosid champion and heaves a sigh. He spreads his arms placatingly and says, "Hail and well met. I apologize for the words of my small comrade here..."

Making sure that his shield arm is out and that his other hand is as far as possible from the hilt, Neshi continues, "I shall not lie to thee and indeed am bound to truth. Ye mosid'ar of the hill-country, we come on behalf of the sovereign realm of Hothmalor. The peasant villagers yond..."

Here, he gestures vaguely at where they came from. "...fear that thy outpost, in its militaristic glory, is a threat to their innocent, ignorant existence. I beseech thee, brothers of the blade, tell the truth and save further bloodshed. Do ye intend to invade the fair towns and hamlets yond?"

Neshi bares his teeth in a savage grin and finally lays his hand on his hilt, the copper pommel glinting in the twilight. "If true 'tis that ye intend to invade or even raid, then we challenge thee, champions against champions. Let us be bound by the honored oath of blood and blade."

Half-drawing, knuckles now whitened, he continues the ritual challenge, "If true 'tis that ye intend to invade, then we challenge thee here and now. If we win, then ye call thy incursion off. If ye win, then of course, ye are free to ravage..."

Neshi narrows his gaze and draws himself tall. "Whatsay ye, honored chieftain? Shall we save our blood and our time with a fight between champions? Or shall we forsake the honor of blood and blade and commence a Margul'rak battle to the final hilt?"

((OOC: [roll0] Intimidation
[roll1] Diplomacy))

((speech coloring for later))Done

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-22, 10:39 PM
((OOC: Crap-oh-crap-oh-crap! We're bloody in for it! Sorry, guys!))

de-trick
2007-08-22, 11:42 PM
The hobgoblin speaks
No problems, great warrior I accept your apologies, So you come from Hothmalor, they are scum of the earth, they do this all the time as soon as are numbers grow to a decent size they send in a group of warriors to kill, all are males, even a few females

when you put your hands on the hilt of your sword the bugbear, quickly grabs his blade and put it's blade a few millimeters from your throat
Then the hobgoblin rests his hand on his sword which is longer than most swords, but a bit shorter than Yorick or Daiy swords

We only want to show that we are not going to sit and wait for us to get slain, If you wish to fight then you leave us to no choice
intimidate
[roll0]
diplomacy
[roll1]

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-23, 01:18 AM
KLA-TAK!

Neshi slaps the bugbear's blade away dismissively with the outside of his gauntlet. Stroking his scraggly beard at the discovery, he muses over the hobgoblin's words.

"Say ye that Hothmalor hath aggress'd upon ye in the past? Our late leader had suspected as such... Please, excuse me while I consult with my comrades..."

With that, Neshi, arms still open and placating, steps slowly backward, into a huddle with his companions. "So, my fellows, whatsay ye? Shall we indeed carry through the assault... or nay?"

ByeLindgren
2007-08-23, 02:05 AM
"The way I see it, we're in a bit of a quandary." Martin speaks up, emboldened by Daiy's disappearance. "These creatures have done nothing to threaten the peace of Hothmalor, and so our task was nothing but a farce, commanded either by a paranoid or a sinister ruler." He pauses and looks into the faces of his companions. All of them, built to hack creatures to pieces. How could we back away from this? Martin clears his throat.

"Had we never entered these lands, these creatures would never have been provoked to attack. But now that we are here, ready for a fight, I believe they have readied themselves as well. It seems we have been doomed to engage in this bloodshed."

I'll be gone Thur/Fri.

wingover gimble
2007-08-23, 04:03 PM
Watching the others talk he sits and starts to meditiate as they keep talking. Then when Martin finishes talking chuck stands up and says, "Well if we leave now then the people are obviously going to try to kill us. Well as martin said we have been doomed to bloodshed. Hahahahahahahahaha this is going to be fun and painful. If im dieing im going to die fighting not running away from my problems. He's Probably going to disembowl us but it was fun right! So what say you yorrick?

Methalor
2007-08-23, 05:29 PM
"No." Yorrick replied to the gnome.

Yorrick had never been the stoic, silent type. Well, not in his short memory, at least. He'd be the type to mouth off, get into fights like that one in the Hothmalor tavern. He'd been confrontational, rarely silent. His nature got him into trouble more often than not. And yet, over the course of the past few days, he'd been silent, rarely speaking, merely fighting. Aside from words shouted in the midst of battle, words that he inexplicably could not remember, he had barely spoken to his comrades. This was uncharacteristic of him, he knew that; or did he? He didn't know anymore.

The past night, the one in which Daiyasina had disappeared, he had not slept well. Dreams, nightmares, plagued him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was amongst the burning rubble of a small farmhouse, knelt over the corpses of a poor family caught in the crossfire of some war, tears mixing with the pool of blood before him. As he stood, he silently whispered a vow of revenge, to exact punishment on those who would commit such acts. He did not, however, notice the arrow hurtling towards him. As it pierced his chest, he cried out for the justice he would not be able to enact.

----

He stood in battle, greatsword whirling about in a frenzy of death, completely surrounded. Blood was split everywhere, the idyllic grassy field now awash with red. As his sword struck yet another attacker, he felt a spear pierce his ribs. A hot wave burned through him as he toppled, the metallic taste of blood in his mouth as he collapsed to the ground. As he felt his life slip away, his eyes welled up with tears. For some reason, he knew he had failed...Again. Metal flashed through the air, a sword careening towards his neck. He had no energy left to resist, and his last feeling was that of the metal biting into his neck, a finishing blow that no mortal man could survive.

---

He stood amongst the hot desert sun, falx in hand. He looked to his companions on the right; the Lightbringer, a divine presence beyond any, a goddess beyond any doubt, and his closest friend, a man named Neshi. To his left stood a celestial beauty, a firey red-haired woman who appeared as an elf, flickering eyes containing dancing flames betraying a less mortal background. His lover she was, a Firre subservant to the Lightbringer, Elyana by name.

It is said by some legends that a warrior can sense when his death is nigh, that a warrior can sense when a battle will be his last. He knew that he would die this day, that his was an inescapable fate, that he would die at the hands of the forces of darkness. But he did not feel this battle would be his last; he would fight many more, that much he knew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yorrick walked forward, a slight, virtually undetectable, glow in his eyes. He drew his greatsword, pointing it at the hobgoblin spokesperson.

"To shed much blood would be pointless. No group would benefit from this. We would both suffer great loss, regardless of the victor. If what you say is true, then this would all be for naught."

Pausing for a minute, Yorrick continued, "Our intention here is to investigate a claimed threat to the people of Hothmalor and the surrounding area. If there is no such threat, then we have no business here. If there is a greater hand behind this situation, then we must learn this too."

"We shall not fight you pointlessly. To spill blood is not to be taken lightly, or done blindly. Masaw, is your kind honourable or merely destructive? I propose to thee a contest between champions. My blade against that of your chosen warrior. No trickery from either side, as befits an honourable duel. If I win, you must swear upon your honour to never again harm a settlement of innocents, if you indeed have done so in the past. You must also give us any information you have about darker movements in the region, of strange happenings and machinations. If you win, we shall leave this area immediately, no harm coming to your lands or people, proclaim our failure to Hothmalor, and serve to them any message you might send them."

"What say ye? Do you accept? We have no wish to fight and, if we are to, it should only be between champions, to prevent the spilling of blood. We are honourable folk, and I assume you to be the same. If we have been tricked by Hothmalor into a fool's errand, we must know this. If you are living off the innocents of this area, we must know this as well. Hear me well; we shall not allow you to leech off those who cannot defend themselves, if you indeed are doing that. We can settle this in a contest of skills between champions. But, if you are not, then we wish no quarrel with you, only information."

wingover gimble
2007-08-24, 01:14 AM
*POP*
Chuck is takes off the top of a bottle of ale and takes a swig. He looks at martin and offers and after that he offers to neshi. Then he says,"Humans taking all the fun. Oh well i guess he can try we might as well "cheer him on" right martin? You say we can "Give him a hand" eh? Then chuck just watches the two and sees how this fight goes.

Methalor
2007-08-24, 02:11 AM
Sorry there, trying to prevent a TPK. :smallwink: I dunno, maybe I jumped the gun, but a whole bevvy of hobbos would probably be a little strong for us.

At least if Yorrick dies, it's not like he hasn't died before in other incarnations. He'll go on. :smallwink: Besides which, if either party is knocked out but not killed, it's not like we're going to go for a finishing blow. Still a chance of living. :smalltongue:

Sorry that I stepped up as "Champion", but, in a no-magic fight, Yorrick'd probably be the best bet. Most HP, strongest attack, delayed damage ability... Against a skilled opponent, the attack bonus would probably be enough that good AC doesn't count for that much.

I wonder what the opponent will be... Hope they accept, but hobbos ARE Lawful Evil types; they should take honour and the such seriously, no? Even then, it saves them a lot of hassle to just have a duel of champions, since they'd have to lose a whole lot of guys before they could ever hope to take us down.

de-trick
2007-08-24, 07:36 PM
We have been raiding farms to show Hothmalor what its like

Very well If want a duel you shall have the dual, but the rules of dueling dictates I shall set the rules since you set up the dual and the winnings, I choose to battle in the arena we will have an hour to prepare, no magic or no harm will come will come to you or your allies, By the way I'm Emperor Korkash

If you accept you are lead into the cave and lead to a very nice room almost noble like theres wine and food there

Methalor
2007-08-25, 09:36 AM
"That is acceptable." Yorrick replied, not wasting any breath on longer formalities.

As he followed the hobgoblin contingent to the arena-cave, his mind began to race a bit. "What WAS all that?!" he thought, "And those dreams... They were more than dreams. They were real. And that Neshi; that Neshi was there... I should ask him. Now, I should ask him now; I can't have these thoughts plaguing me while I try to prepare."

As he walked, Yorrick began to rotate his shoulders, attempting to loosen them up a bit. His best chance was to strike hard and true, he knew that. Against a skilled opponent, his mundane armor would mean little; he'd need to absorb the punishment and keep on going. It was a gamble, this duel; he had no certainty about his chances.

As they reached the cave, he took Neshi aside, leaving Chuck and Martin to... do whatever they needed to do. The little spellslinger halfling was becoming bolder, more confident, more powerful; Yorrick had no worries about his wellbeing. Chuck... He might get himself into trouble, but time could not be spent worrying about such things.

"Neshi. I don't want to worry the others, but I'm sure they can already tell. I have no real confidence in my chances, friend. I'm still not quite sure who their champion will be. But I cannot cheat and ask for any more divine grace than has already been bestowed upon me."

"Should my opponent topple, I want you to use the blessed might of Horus-Re to heal his wounds as best you can. Perhaps we will take such a grievous blow that we will die, but I'll have to chance that. Even these Masaw have honour and can respect strong warriors; and there is no greater strength than showing mercy to a vanquished opponent. Perhaps the blow would outright kill him, but, if there is a chance of survival, I want you to save him."

Unthinkingly, not even realizing what he was saying, Yorrick spoke in a slightly different tone, "These are not quite like the Masaw we fought so long ago."

Yorrick continued, not even noticing the bizarre nature of his previous words, "If I should fall... Save me if you can, but shed no tears if you cannot. I... have a feeling that death holds little in the way of rest for me. Somehow... I don't think I'm able to rest yet. I'm not quite sure. I remember nothing further than a year back. I have no history, no past, no memories of good or ill. Yet, somehow, I know there's unfinished business for me."

"I must go prepare myself now, but I have one more question to ask of you. No, I don't wish an answer now, I don't want to burden my mind with thoughts when I should be fighting. But, answer me when I speak to you again, after this duel is won or lost; who is the Lightbringer? And... and what do you know of a firey-haired woman, with a form like an elf but eyes of pure flame. Elyana... Yes, Elyana. No, this was a silly question to ask; forgive me, my dreams of late plague me."

"I must prepare now. Neshi, keep vigilant. If they seek to use trickery, do not end the fight. We must fight fairly, even if they do not. Keep well, friend."

With that, Yorrick walked into the arena. Time was still left to prepare, but he preferred to do so on the field of battle. Forgetting all prior thoughts, he cleared his mind, entering into a trancelike state as he reached inside, seeking inspiration for the duel ahead.

First Maneuver: [roll0]
Second Maneuver: [roll1]

Hm... Vanguard Strike and Charging Minotaur. I'm not quite sure how useful these are gonna be.

de-trick
2007-08-25, 11:36 AM
2 goblins come out with a greatsword and give it to you

+1 merciful greatsword

wingover gimble
2007-08-25, 01:55 PM
Chuck watches as two goblins start to advance.
Oh no. He didnt say what kind of weapons we were using for the dual. oh well lets hope these people are trust worthy and they dont try to give him a faulty weapon. Neshi we never agreed or even comprimised on the dual and he doesnt have a second to watch to see if the enemies are cheating in any magical way or such! We never even chose the weapon of choice believe me we should have done this stuff before hand or else anything could happen!! Also we need to pick the rules of the dual because that means he can even use poison or cursed weapons or magical altered weapons on yorrick!!!!!!!:smalleek: Quick before the dual starts!! Chuck looking very worried and is trying to push neshi along to tell everyone .

Methalor
2007-08-25, 03:24 PM
Yorrick was slightly surprised when the little goblins came out carrying a greatsword - he'd expected to use his own weapon in the battle. Nonetheless, he accepted it graciously, bowing his head to the little creatures and thanking them as he took the sword from them. There was an electrifying, magical feeling to the sword, but also a dampened, kind edge to it. Yorrick was not sure, but the weapon seemed to be magically enchanted to not cause grievous harm to his opponent.

"It is good to see my faith was not misplaced..." he thought. To him, it seemed that this, indeed, would be a contest of skill rather than a fight to the death.

He stood up, swinging the sword around in a small pattern. Small circles, sword dancing through the air, blade singing as it moved. The feeling of the blade was good; almost certainly magical. He lowered the sword to his side, now only awaiting his opponent.

By the way, if it's allowed, when my opponent enters I'd like to engage in a "duel of wills" (use of Intimidate from ToB) with them. If that's okay. If not, no worries. :smalltongue:

(OOC Note: Yorrick is totally oblivious to Chuck and Neshi by this point. So, do what you guys will, although Neshi should keep in mind Yorrick's instructions. :smallwink: The merciful weapon is actually good, though - nonlethal damage is fine by me, and it adds a +1d6 worth.)

ByeLindgren
2007-08-25, 08:50 PM
"He is quite brave. I wonder if he thought of what will happen if he loses. I doubt he even knows what will happen if we win."

Surely, I do not.

He turns to Yorrick. He attributes so much honor to creatures who rightfully demand blood. I hope his beliefs are well-placed.

de-trick
2007-08-26, 12:17 AM
Drums beat thump thump thump and the crowd of goblins, bugbears and hobgoblins cheer

Then the hobgoblin Korkash comes out

all hail Emperor Korkash

he brings out a bastard sword

shall we begain

the dual of wills
[roll0]

then initative
[roll1]

Methalor
2007-08-26, 12:20 AM
Intimidate: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Yorrick seemed inexplicably shaken by his opponent. The emperor would be tough, that much was certain... The intimidating presence that the hobgoblin wielded was overpowering, but not to the point where Yorrick would ever cower or submit. Steeling his resolve, he prepared himself, making ready to attack.

"Our duel, then!" he shouted.

Methalor
2007-08-26, 12:37 AM
Lost duel of wills. (-1 attack and damage)

Sword adds +1 to attack, +1 to damage, +1d6 damage.

Yorrick charges forward as a full round action. (+2 attack, -2 AC)

Power attack (-1 BAB, +2 damage)

As the duel commenced, Yorrick took the initiative. He charged forward at the hobgoblin, newly-acquired sword flashing through the air. As he came up towards his opponent, he brought it down in a wicked arc, striking the creature where it stood. Yorrick fell back a step, waiting for the inevitable counterattack, bracing himself against it.

de-trick
2007-08-26, 12:54 AM
you hit hard
48-22=26

then he attacks his sword faster than it looks

1d20+4
[roll2]

de-trick
2007-08-26, 12:57 AM
stuff, stuff, stuff
screwed up rolling

[roll0]

Methalor
2007-08-26, 01:24 AM
Yorrick's status: 45-6=39 HP left + 5 in delayed damage pool that will be added to Yorrick's status afterwards.

As he has 5 damage in his Steely Resolve pool, Yorrick gets a +1 to attack and damage from Furious Counterstrike.

Yorrick now attacks the fellow again:

CRITICAL (actually, a 19 and a 20. Weird.)

36 damage (nonlethal, of course, as I've been using the Merciful +1d6 damage)

Wow, I just realized I forgot to do my maneuver rolls. If this isn't over, I'll need to do two of 'em in my next post... But I think it is?

Korkash's first attack came out of nowhere, stunning Yorrick. As the hobgoblin's strange "sword-and-a-half" bit into Yorrick's flesh, pain swelled through his body momentarily. Shrugging it off, he snapped to attention just in time to feel and hear the crunch of a second attack impacting into his armor. The hobgoblin was fast! Two attacks in the time it took Yorrick to make one; this was a warrior of more skill than Yorrick, that much was certain. He'd need to end this quickly. He'd need to match the hobgoblin's speed with a single, well-aimed strike.

Adrenaline surged through his body as he shrugged off the earlier hit. It energized him, sharpening his sense and speeding up his reactions. His eyes were drawn to the hobgoblin's flank; an opening in his defense? He could strike the vitals well, there, and perhaps fell his opponent in that coveted single strike.

Power surged to his arms and battle-memories of some time long past took over. He'd spotted the opening; it was too late for Korkash to defend. He swung at the flank, massive sword contacting with armor, a powerful blow to be sure. Yorrick's heart surged with the strike - it was true! There was no doubt there.

He had no time to revel in his hit, though, and he quickly reassumed a combat stance, waiting to see what the hobgoblin would do.

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-26, 01:46 AM
Solemn and grave, Neshi lifts his eyes from the dust and his face from the ground. He shakes his head slowly at the gnome and replies, "A duel of honor is not something to be taken lightly. They damn their eternal souls if they dare to violate the terms"

But then, remembering the Masaws' treacherous assault some nights past and the subterfuge of these ancient foes of men, his eyes narrow and his knuckles crack over his bronze pommel.

He bares his teeth in a savage grin. I'll be damned if we are caught unprepared for treachery, yet doubly damned if we are the ones to initiate the travesty... Neshi bends down and whispers to Chuck, "Be discreet. Tell the others to beware the bread and wine. Make ready for battle but make it not seem that we are. If things turn foul, we shall indeed have tocut our way through"

de-trick
2007-08-26, 04:01 AM
a lone hobgoblin comes out and goes to the fallen leader and heals the leader He bounces up he looks like that he will attack then drops his sword and it gets stuck in the ground

HA, HA, HA very well we shall not attack Hothmalor unless provoked to

He reaches out to shack your hand

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-26, 08:37 AM
What?! It's over that quickly? Horakhe be praised... Neshi's eyes bug out in near disbelief at the easy victory.

Recovering himself, he flourishes his blade at the Masaw emperor. With the brazen blade scintillating in the twilight sun, Neshi shouts his congratulations to both victor and vanquished, "Kra Lhesh Korkash! Ja ai'der sharaat'a Korkash'i! Gul sharaat Yorrick'ar Trox-n'eba ai'der kra Korkash'i! Je var'kesh Ra! Kra Lhesh Korkash, lhesh sharaat'a, kra Yorrick'ar dur verk'un!"

"Hail Emperor Korkash! May the blades of his house be ever sharp and may his dominions prosper! The blade of Yorrick Demonsbane stands with thee! Blessings of Ra be upon ye all! All hail Emperor Korkash, lord of blades! Hail Yorrick the victor of the field!"

Having finished the ritual salutations, he sheathes his sword and jumps across the final bleachers, into the sandy pit of the arena. He lays his hand in the flesh wound of his comrade.

The Masaw bastard sword was well-forged from black steel and the skill behind the sinew was more than he had seen in his long years of warfare. The blade had cut deep into his friend's leg, lopping off a good portion of the left calf.

Neshi tears away the greave and puts his hand into the gash. The free-flowing blood gushes over his gauntlet and he winces at the bloody heat. Feeling around, he acertains the spots of the torn muscle and ripped tendons. He closes his eyes in concentration and prays, "Horus-Re, Lord of Victory, we thank you for your aid in battle. Falcon-father, king of noontide, I beseech thee, heal thy champion's hurts"

((Cast one Cure Moderate Wounds. [roll0]))

Neshi feels the flesh knitting beneath his fingers and bows low in thanks for the blessings of Horus. Getting up from the dirt, he hoists Yorrick up and smiles as he punches the champion on the shoulder. "Get thee on, comrade. Salute the emperor and let us be on with our business..."

wingover gimble
2007-08-27, 12:59 AM
After the fight he hoops in joy.Goddamn yorrick you kicked him into the nine hells and back! Oh that is awsome too bad you weren't short then you could be in the guild.
He then goes to martin and says," Short-People-4-Life:smallbiggrin: !!! he hands out his hand as a fist for martin to hit.

ByeLindgren
2007-08-27, 03:58 AM
Wait, he... that quickly... And the monsters didn't turn on us... Wow.

Martin looks at Chuck and raises an eyebrow. His hand slowly rises to lightly tap Chuck's fist.

"I suppose I lost hope far too quickly there. Great work, Yorrick." Martin tries very hard to smile at such a great turn of events, but his demeanor exudes an extreme sense of bewilderment.

wingover gimble
2007-08-27, 11:37 AM
chuck looks around after the celebration. Well uh umm do we go now to tell the people about the non-agression treaty before the townsfolk do something hasty. We should get going.

de-trick
2007-08-27, 12:01 PM
Before you go the hobgoblin leader gives you each a gift

Yorick the +1 merciful greatsword
Neshi a + 1 mitral breastplate(if you have better armor tell me)
Martin a +2 ring of protection
Chuck bracers of armor +2

Theses are gifts of peace yoridk I bow to thee, I almost forgot, take this too

his sword he used
+3 mericful speed bastard sword

Give it to the leader of Hothmalor to show that I mean no harm to him or his people

ByeLindgren
2007-08-27, 05:16 PM
Never did I think a hobgoblin would give a reward such as this to me freely. Martin bows in gratitude to his very honorable host before walking out of the cave.

"Chuck is right. We should hurry to Hothmalor in order to secure the peace."

Methalor
2007-08-27, 08:18 PM
(Let's just assume Yorrick shook the guy's hand and all that; I can't write a big long post right now.)

"Thank you most graciously, Emperor Korkash. You are truly honourable, and we know that you will hold to your word; I am glad this could be settled without bloodshed, and hope that, if our paths cross again, it shall be peaceful and friendly."

"We must leave now, to Hothmalor, to secure their end of the bargain. Rest assured, we will hold to the same standard of honour that you have exemplified. But, before we leave, I must ask you one thing. What know ye of Malindor and of darker movements in the region? We trust you and your people, but we have heard rumours of an unsavory nature. Before we leave, we graciously ask for any information you might provide us."

de-trick
2007-08-28, 12:44 AM
Sages speak of Malindor, who united all the people of the of hothmalor, he had no kin to take over ruler ship, so he needed to live forever, so he studied to become a lich and rule forever, but since he had no spellcasting ability he was forced to wait 1000 years to come from the ground and rule again, he had 4 advisers that ruled the far corners of the realm, the first I believe comes from the sea of sands were it is hot year round, Im not sure where the other ones are. It's been awhile since I heard the story

(i think we forgot that farewell is the city)

wingover gimble
2007-08-28, 12:55 AM
Well we should head back to town and tell them the news and collect our fees and then we should drink for a night and party then go to the sand monkey place! thanks for the bracers emperor but we gotta get going. Excelsior! just goes to the door and waits for the rest of the party finally excited for eating fresh eggs and bacon compared to these dull old rations.

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-28, 01:44 AM
((Sooo, Farwell's the city and Hothmalor's the kingdom? Or the realm/continent?))

Do we truly have a binding treaty? I did not stand in in all of those eye-breaking diplomatic meetings only to know when to scowl and when not to...

The slightest hint of a frown tugs at the corners of Neshi's dark mouth. He gets up, withdraws a sheet of parchment, an expired spell-scroll from his pack. He straightens out its creases and holds it down on the rich ebony table with a spare goblet.

His nostrils flare as he draws his dagger across his palm. He presses down on the wound until the blood flows freely then holds the bleeding hand over the goblet.

Neshi waits until it is half-full with blood ((it's just a goblet, so do I lose 2 HP?)) then passes it over to Emperor Korkash. He swiftly closes the wound with a couple of prayers then bows to the Lhesh D'erak.

"Once more, I beg thy forgiveness and honor thy aid, great lord. I apologize for my comrades' erstwhileness and for my own lack of some proper ink. Just as a formality milord, shall we draft the treaty upon paper--- something that bureaucrats can at least relate with? Not that we distrust thy word or think thy gifts lacking--- on the contrary, your generosity is indeed a flood of blessings... but..."

Neshi pauses, searching for the proper terms, then continues. "... Contracts in blood do bind indeed, do they not?"

With that, he passes the goblet and dagger over to the lhesh and awaits his gracious approval of the proposed treaty and blood compact.

de-trick
2007-08-28, 02:24 AM
You shall have my word and blood than

He cuts himself across the palm of his hand and lets the blood flow into the goblet

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-28, 05:11 AM
Praise Horakhe, that was easier than I thought... for a moment there, methought he'd turn on us... Indeed, masaw honor seems to have grown through the ages that I had slept in stone...

Neshi watches the warlord bleed himself and then, when the goblet is near brimful with blood, he motions for him to stop. Swiftly, he prays over Korkash's hand to heal it, ((Cast 2 Cure Minor Wounds)) then takes the dagger once more.

With careful, deliberate strokes, and many muttered curses over his lack of dexterity, he begins to write. Time and again he dips the blade of the dagger into the goblet of blood and, with one hand gripping the other's wrist to steady his movements, the Daranak Korkash'i-Farwell of Hothmalor Non-Aggression Treaty slowly took shape.

Twilight, ____th year of the reign of Emperor Korkash
____th year of the counsel of Lord Vanridge

By the grace of the gods and by valor of champions, by blood of peacekeepers, henceforth, there is to be no strife, warfare whatsoever between the sovereign states of Hothmalor, capitolled at the fair city of Farwell and the Imperium of Korkash with its capitol at ____. May the wrath of a thousand years and the teeth of the Abyss devour those who violate this peace accord. May none them help who break their word, and may they ever be damned by ancestors and gods alike.

So swear we,
Emperor Korkash, ruler _____
Captain Neshi, ambassador _Zy'k_

Finally, Neshi straightens up from the table and sets aside the bloody dagger. He smiles ruefully at the lhesh and asks kindly, "I am a soldier and a priest, milord Korkash, but never was I a scribe nor a teacher of the law. Forgive the curtness of my contract. Now, if thou wilt but kindly affix the necessary information, the date, thy capitol and thy signature, we have an accord..."

((DONE!))

de-trick
2007-08-29, 06:05 PM
He signs what ever you ask him and once the thready is signed you are leaving

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-30, 11:03 AM
Neshi waits for the blood to dry on the parchment, then folds it up and tucks it away in his satchel of scrolls. He gets down and bows low once more, his nose in the dust.

Getting up, he says to the lhesh, "A thousand thanks to thee and thine, milord. May the olden gods prosper thy home and thy holds"

He checks all his straps and makes sure that everything is in order. Sighing, Neshi hefts his old suit of armour and places it gently, almost reverently into the center of the cart that the councilors had provided them.

Right before the company leaves the gates of the mosid'ar capitol, Neshi turns and calls back to the gathered goblinoid nobles, patting the treaty within the satchel, "First thing I'll do once we make it to the city proper is to get a good, decent scribe to copy this and then I shall burn it and scatter the ashes over a river. We never know what wicked men may do with such a contract, especially with blood magic..."

He draws his khopesh and pumps it in the air in salute. "Kra Lhesh Korkash! Sekor Da'hrkaan'e! Kra Yorrick'ar dur verd'kun!"

As the companions march through the early hours of the night, the flush of victory and glory slowly seep away to be replaced once more by the pain of loss and the sting of sorrow. He sinks into his saddle, dark eyes sunken and his brow weighed down with woe.

Suddenly, he notices that he had been shivering. He snorts, still amazed at the mist of the breath in the North and at the coldness of the night. He rubs his arms and wraps his cloak tighter around himself, chafing against the cold.

Neshi sighs and looks into the darksome sky. Far, far away, in mountains misty and gray, there is the rumble of thunder and the crash of a hailstorm but he pays it no heed. He looks within himself and without and sees the darkness ascendant yet the stars, the stalwarts of Ra, the children of Tefnut, fight on.

"...love on, for love is the one true light..." A voice sweeter than honey and a scent more fair than mortal tongue could tell brushes his soul in its kiss.

Neshi sighs, then sighs a second time. Allowing himself the slightest of smiles, he hums a hymn of the templars of Sanctum.

"Aure entuluva, day shall come again..."

((OOC: [roll0] Spot [roll1] Listen--- What?! Just being cautious, yo))

de-trick
2007-08-30, 07:52 PM
you guys are walking by the edge of the forest when Neshi heres a cracking in the bushes

it sounds like there are 8 sets of feet

then you see 4 sets of eyes then a howl comes from the first, loader than a normal wolf then 3 other wolf's howl

map in a bit

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-30, 10:19 PM
((OOC: Dagnabbit, I knew it! Just gotta trust the tingling plot-sense... Huh, to whom does the surprise round go, I wonder? Or will we be rolling Initiative in a bit?))

de-trick
2007-08-30, 10:21 PM
you get 1 action neshi only

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-31, 12:14 PM
Suddenly, Neshi whirls to the sound of padding, stealthy footfalls in the brush. Nearly a dozen amber eyes peer forth from the darkness, burning with an insatiable hunger. Foaming spittle flecks the fangs of four grey-furred, doglike beasts.

The dark-skinned templar recoils when the pack erupts into a chorus of howls, rending the silence of the cold night air. Catching himself, he snorts in derision and curses the beasts, "Stupid sons of Set! Thou shalt burn in the fires of the Abyss and wither before the fires of Ra-reborn!"

((OOC: Yes, just as he had never before seen horses and refers to them as "stripeless zebras", he also has never seen wolves and sees them as "jumped-up jackals"))

Thou bloody ignorant knave! Go ahead and smite my pets for all thou'rt worth! They'll soon have ye eating dust!

His eyes narrow and then his lips crack into a cocky grin. "We be havin' fresh meat, fellas! CHARGE!"

"Down into the Abyss with thee and thy lot, thou jumped-up jackals!" Neshi charges forward, feeling lighter than usual in the strange new armour that the lhesh had given him. His feet churn the grass as he pounds forward and puts all his weight into a single slash at the leading beast. Feeling that his momentum is too much, ere the khopesh's curved blade gets stuck in one beast, he pivots and thrusts into the flank of another.

((OOC: [roll0] Attack [roll1] Threat [roll2] Damage
If he Cleaves... [roll3] Attack [roll4] Threat [roll5] Damage

Ookay, so since that was a charge, his 19 AC is now down to 17... methinks he's about to get tripped and mauled...))

wingover gimble
2007-09-01, 12:54 AM
(OOC: Neshi's black?! explains alot huh:smallbiggrin: )
initative [roll0]
Chuck looks to the wolves as the largest steps out of the trees and the three follow. He says,"Theyre just wolves neshi. Calm down i dont think wolves burn in the abyss for obeying the laws of nature , unless theyre magical beast.As he says that his eyes narrow at the big wolf.

For when the wolves jump out he does a knowledge nature for the big wolf to see if its dire ya know just in case. [roll1] Just being paraniod.

Nope just wolves.so if we take out the big guy then the rest should be pretty easy, i suppose. ok then team lets kill some wolves!(or get killed by dereks CR of 80 dire wolf of legend that just seeme to be in the same forest as us........ Just Kidding derek dont freak out!)

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-01, 03:32 AM
((OOC:
(OOC: Neshi's black?! explains alot huh:smallbiggrin: )
--- What? I do not get it--- what does it mean if he is black? Yes, he is black... based on the ancient Numidians, actually. Anyhow, I'll be waiting for the GM's ruling if those two wolves were hit/injured/killed or not.))

de-trick
2007-09-01, 02:15 PM
(Sorry I never replyed for a couple of days been busy on some differnt stuff on the site)
you the first wolf that you attack dies the secong one you miss

[roll0]

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-02, 08:47 AM
OOC chatter: Hmm... wonder what happened to the other three fellows...

Gah! Scary initiative roll! Oh well, all things come to an end, including lucky streaks

Btw, sorry if I got overdescriptive on the fighting. A-hey, it's a wolf pack--- of course they'd coordinate their attack. Aaaand, sorry chief, if I might have stepped on your toes there. I didn't roll for any other "attacks". That last wolf, the grizzled one--- that's the explanation for the 5 Initiative roll

Relevant roll: Initiative [roll0]

KRAGASSHH!

Neshi's heavily armoured form barges into the pack of wolves, catching them by surprise and scattering the grey-furred beasts. His khopesh's curved blade screams through the night air and cleaves into the neck of the largest of the beasts, clearly the leader.

The "wolf"'s head rolls into the green grass, in a sudden fountain of dark blood, coming to rest against a tree's roots. Its amber eyes staring blindly at the moon far above and the fangs forever bared in a startled rictus of hunger, rage and pain.

He dodges the flashing fangs of another snarling wolf. Yet another wolf leaps over the carcass of its packmate, its slavering jaws snapping, its claws slashing at the Mulhorandi templar... but in vain for it fails to find a chink in Neshi's armour.

Panting, Neshi looks around and is alarmed that he has been surrounded by mere "jumped-up jackals". His glances reveal that his comrades are somewhat stunned... either by the unforeseen attack or some malevolent force...

Aye, my dear, aye... Feel the wrath of the Beast, thou insipid Lightbringer!

In his peripheral vision, he sees Chuck stir from stupor and speak once more.
He says,"Theyre just wolves neshi. Calm down i dont think wolves burn in the abyss for obeying the laws of nature , unless theyre magical beast.
He smiles as he feels his sacred symbol burn with hallowed light as it swings from its chain on his neck.

"Thou knave, Norris! All creatures belong to Light or Dark, be they beast or man!" Neshi replies as he feels a sudden pressure on his right calf. Without thinking, he kicks out and is rewarded with the fleshy thump of his foot colliding with the flank of one of the beasts. The wolf whines, then growls loudly, baring its fangs in a show of defiance.

Suddenly, the young templar hears the clatter of claws against wood. He whirls to the left but is too late. He sees through the slits in his helm a blur of grizzled grey and a flashing of fangs dulled with age right before the wolf collides with him and latches onto his head and upper body.

The sinews beneath the pelt of this beast seem as strong as if the youth's blood still throbbed within its veins and Neshi gasps as his breath is driven from his lungs. The old wolf's claws rake at his chest and back but again fail to find a chink while it gnaws on his helmet furiously, trying desperately to rip the templar's head off.

Neshi staggers around, churning the soil crazily as he struggles to free himself of the grasp of the beast. "YAARGH! Getoffame, sug ov Shedth!" He yells ineffectually as the wolf clings on and keeps on gnawing, scratching and squeezing him.

Muaahahahaaha! Die, priest! Suddenly, a vision of the first exorcism that he performed on Daiyanissa flashes before his soul's eyes. In that instant he sees himself atop his raging, possessed lady, her eyes solid scarlet, her body bocking wildly. He sees her head snap forward and the helmet come flying at him...

Inspired, Neshi bends backward and butts his head forward, throwing his full strength into the blow. His helmet comes flying off, along with the old, grey wolf. Neshi staggers from the exertion, and his eyes see double. Breathing raggedly, he disbelieves his vision as the old grey wolf slams against the bole of a tree and gets back up without even a wince.

His entire body aches and his feet are slick with the blood of the beast he'd slain. Neshi, seeing that the beasts are once more closing in, tries to raise either sword or shield, but it seems to him that his strength has been sapped and even the fire of adrenaline is unable to quench the sudden flood of fatigue.

With cracked lips and dry tongue, Neshi rasps a swift prayer, "Horus-Re come to my aid, preserve thy servant, of thee I beg"

Worry not, my love, day shall come again. Aure entuluva, day shall come again...

Methalor
2007-09-02, 01:48 PM
Ahh, sorry... Haven't had the time to check in lately.

Maneuver #1: [roll1]
Maneuver #2: [roll2]

wingover gimble
2007-09-02, 11:27 PM
((OOC: were just waiting on martin eh. Damn im trying to find a new campaign to join to play a monster character or something else out of the players for in our gaming group you get prosicuted for it and caracter burned at steak ex: dereks half-vampire rouge/ranger. Its soo pissy.))

ByeLindgren
2007-09-03, 12:11 AM
Waiting on that map. Initiative: [roll0]
Glitterdust DC is 15.Martin jumps up at the sound of battle. It's a wonder anything humanoid stays alive in this part of Hothmalor... He sees the wolves in pack formation, ready to strike an overeager Neshi. "We'll see how well they strike in the dark." He casts Glitterdust on the wolves and behind them, making sure to avoid Neshi.

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-03, 09:36 AM
REALLY OOC: Um, sorry again if this may be stepping on any of your toes, but... Yo, yo, methinks we all don't want this combat to bog down like what happened back with the Druid, right, guys?

Initiative roll recap:
Gimble/Chuck: 21--- no action posted yet
Methalor/Yorrick: 17--- no action posted yet
ByeLindgren/Martin: 12--- cast Glitterdust
NRCM/Neshi: 5--- flail around looking stupid no action posted yet, but will attack

Btw, what happened to SensFan/Milo? Did he get eaten by the worg? I mean, seriously, if he's gone, we'll have to recruit again.

Heh, additional party member whitelist:
A trapfinder/tracker, preferably somebody trustworthy and can see in the dark
Another divine caster, preferably somebody who's a non-multiclass cleric--- my next level will be in Fighter.

wingover gimble
2007-09-03, 10:03 PM
((Right so waht i understand theres 3 wolves one dead and one of the three at neshi.Dont mean to be an exp hoarder but how about our experience after this match? movement of 40 in surge ac now 23 surge free action. ))

chuck looks calm and peaceful once more and then he runs at the one closest to him. moving faster than neshi in his light armour chucks legs fly across the ground moving up to the wolf he slips to the side and throws a punch at it.

attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

de-trick
2007-09-04, 02:09 PM
(yah milo dieing right now)

the dire wolf jumps out and attacks Milo
(1d20)20
(1d20)20
(1d20)20
it bites his neck his blood sprays everywhere on you and the other wolfs

one at neshi
[roll0]
[roll1]
one at
chuck
[roll2]
[roll3]

will do for recruitment

de-trick
2007-09-04, 02:18 PM
{table=head] | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
A| | | | | | |W | W |
B
C| w | N | w | C
D
E
| Y | M |
[/table]

Methalor
2007-09-04, 04:47 PM
Wow, three twenties. :smallwink:

I completely forgot about the guy. What did he do when the hobbos showed up, run away? :smalltongue:

Anyway...

Yorrick charges along the diagonal at the wolf at 3, C. That means he'll take up 2, D. He's in between the wolves, so, if he kills the first one, cleave should kick in and he'll be able to take on the other one.

So, Charge (+2 Attack, -2 AC). Merciful, so +1d6 and non-lethal damage. No Power Attack, since I figure they can't have TOO much HP (and I hit hard anyway). Stone Bones maneuver will give me DR 5/ada if I hit.

We can always Coup-De-Grace them later after they've been knocked out. :smallwink:

If Cleave comes into effect:
Attack Roll: [roll3]
Threat Roll: [roll4]
Damage Roll: [roll5]

New Maneuver: [roll6]

Miss. :smallconfused:

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-05, 06:00 AM
Bloody blazing crap! I just had to say that, didn't I? Oookay, bub, where's this dire wolf on the map? Or am I just gullible?

Relevant rolls: Attack [roll0] Threat [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
if he Cleaves... Attack [roll3] Threat [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

EDIT: The threat range for the khopesh/longsword is x2/19-20... The first attack got 19... got confirmed... making the damage a 16! Yehey! Man, I never thought getting critical hits was so exhilarating...

Yes, I have a life, if'n you were about to say, "Get a life!"

Btw, chief, I glanced at your recruitment thread... it seems nobody's got darkvision. Oh well, we'll just have to bring more torches, won't we?

((YO chief! Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Yorrick just had a critical fumble, right? Does that mean he drops/fumbles his weapon... or :smalleek: hits either Neshi or Chuck? Well, if he just dropped the thing, it'd be well and good for everyone else... but if he hits somebody, well, just speaking for myself, Neshi'll soon be knocked so far into the negatives that he'll come out positively coup d'grace material!))

((Story post pending DM's decision regarding above situation))

de-trick
2007-09-05, 07:09 PM
yorrick swimgs his weapon and It slips out of his hands 15ft behind him

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-06, 10:12 AM
So, Neshi kills the wolf in C1 and then Cleaves into the wolf in C3, presumably also killing it. That's it for the standard action, and as for the move action, he dashes over to A2

Neshi shakes his head to clear away the ringing in his ears and the blurring of his vision. Like the breaking of a dark-stained window, his senses snap back into focus only to reveal the darksome truth.

A deep growl rips across the clearing. Light footfalls scuttle back and then a bow twangs right before the sickening crunch of massive jaws on a slender elven neck. The beast releases the ill-fated Milo, its face and neck painted a deep sinful scarlet.

The hunter staggers backwards, his bow dropping from twitching fingers, arterial blood spurting from huge gashes in his neck and upper chest. With a triumphant howl, the monstrous beast, its fur the very hue of night, pounces upon the hapless archer and slams him into the ground. Razor sharp hind claws dig into his gut, ripping out his entrails. With a single mighty jerking motion, the beast tears off Milo's head, showering the company with blood.

Yorrick snaps out of his daze and charges, churning the grass in a mad rush. As if wind and earth conspire to bring down the company, the heavily-built warrior trips just as he swings. As he stumbles forward, nearly delivering his own throat to the ravening wolves, his strike misses wide and the hilt slips from loose gauntlets, sending the long, heavy sword hurtling nearly a dozen cubits back.

The mage, Martin, mutters arcane words of magic and sends a cloud of glittering dust into the face and eyes of the beast that had slain

Neshi hears a rush of familiar feet and the swish of a staff. He turns in time to see Chuck hurtle into the fray but miss wide as well, the end of his staff clacking against a nearby tree trunk.

The young templar sees the dire straits of his comrades, sees the wanton slaughter of one whom his beloved had saved ad his heart is filled with righteous rage. Fire of Re, guide my arm!

The air whooshes loudly as he bashes his shield forward, aiming for the snout of the beast in front of him. It crouches back, nimbly dodging the clumsy blow with uncanny cunning and then it pounces on N
((to be continued))