B
C | | | | C
D| | | Y | |
E
| | M |
[/table]

ByeLindgren
2007-09-06, 06:41 PM
Um, was my spell ignored? I'll just cast another, I guess. Reflex save DC 14 or fall prone; 5 ranks in balance or become flatfooted; DC 10 balance check to move around.Martin casts grease under the dire wolf.

de-trick
2007-09-06, 08:25 PM
whoops sorry my bad
will
[roll0]

[roll1]

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-06, 11:31 PM
[roll0] Attack [roll1] Threat
[roll2] Damage Hmm, assuming that the dire wolf is in a Greased area and assuming that its stats weren't altered, that means it's AC has fallen to 12, therefore Neshi's attack hits

By some strange cast of the wind, it seemed that a spot of Martin's grease had been flicked onto the grassy sward that Neshi had gone to. He slipped in the slick mess, sliding down and down the clearing but never completely losing his footing.

The accidental greasing had been indeed a trick of the wind for eventually, the oily morass beneath the templar's feet petered and thinned out altogether. Nevertheless, Neshi's haphazard charge finally skids to an abrupt halt when he slams his right foot down hard on a protruding rock.

He pitches forward, putting his weight into the strike as his khopesh screams out in a sweeping blow. The curved blade hacks into the dread beast's side. Fires dart from its eyes as it snarls in pain.

Neshi glimpses out of the corner of his eye a staff thrust out seemingly from nowhere but knows that his comrade, Chuck, has finally joined the fray. Unfortunately, his blow sweeps wide. The huge black-furred, red-eyed, slaver-fanged beast's gaze darts between the two warriors, and, deciding the dimunutive gnome to be the lesser threat, lunges toward him.

Neshi sees this, sees the powerful, muscles in its shoulders and haunches bunch and ripple. As the beast lunges, Neshi rips his sword out from the gushing wound in its flank, causing it to start backward and growl in pain.
It begins to stalk forward once more but Neshi crouches in front of Chuck, shield held up protectively.

((No, please disregard the latter two paragraphs in terms of mechanics. That was not an AoO and those were not attacks, mechanically speaking))

wingover gimble
2007-09-06, 11:45 PM
((OOC: ok im guess its my turn so becuase our spellslinger cast again and neshi already posted his next attack, by the way same goes for me about school and sometimes homework may keep me busy for a night so dont get all lawful on me :smallbiggrin: by teh way the being black is an inside joke for me and derek))

Chuck seeing as he misses and neshi makes pita angry by the load and looks over at milo. He goes Time is money and looks like that guy is now offically broke.:smalleek: He runs over to the big wolf charging it hoping to hit it becuase the gods of d20's dont like him right now.

attack: [roll0]
Threat:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

de-trick
2007-09-07, 06:45 PM
another 1, secert DM roll,

chuck runs up, next to neshi and hits neshi in the leg breaking the leg
(DC15 heal check followed by a cure spell fixes the leg)
and the second roll was for the reflex and a 27 is a pass

de-trick
2007-09-08, 02:10 PM
the wolf attacks chuck

attack[roll0]
theat[roll1]
damage[roll2]
trip[roll3]

(chuck you take a -4 for being small)

the wolf some how bites its leg causing it to move half speed and take critical damage

45-30=15

de-trick
2007-09-08, 05:00 PM
{table=head] | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
A| | | | | | N |W | W |
B| | | | | | | C
C | | | |
D| | | Y | |
E
| .| M |
[/table]

Neshi prone
wolf prone
yorrick no weapon
. = yorrick sword

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-09, 10:25 AM
OOC banter: Teeth of hell! Incredible! The wolf bit itself! Oh, btw, what's the HP lost for a broken leg? Is Cure Serious enough?

Relevant rolls: Neshi Casts Defensively before he stands up.

Heal: [roll0] Burn Eagle's Splendour for Cure Serious [roll1]

de-trick
2007-09-09, 10:57 AM
that will take 2 rounds to do 1 for heal check 1 for casting

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-09, 11:00 AM
((Do I technically need the Heal check? I'll drop it if I don't need it as much as the Heal/Cure spell.))

de-trick
2007-09-09, 11:51 AM
you can make the heal check later and just cast a cure minor

the heal check it to set the bone and minor is to fuse the bone together, also next round you can attack but take a -4 to attack for being prone

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-09, 05:56 PM
((Bloody hells. Can I even stand? I do't have any cure miors left.))

de-trick
2007-09-09, 10:02 PM
yeah but attack of opportunity then balance every round

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-09, 10:16 PM
((Blast! Hells! Could I PLEASE know how much HP I lost over there? Alright then. Here's the final go:

If Neshi's been dropped below 14 HP, He crawls backwards to A5, A4 if he can make it. From there, he'll heal himself back up.

If Neshi still has HP above 14, he sticks it out and keeps on fighting from where he is.

It's a -4 penalty when attacking from a prone position, right?

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Threat
[roll2] Damage))

Blast!

de-trick
2007-09-09, 10:25 PM
it was 16 damage

wingover gimble
2007-09-10, 08:17 AM
((OOC: now all we need is martin and yorrick to post eh. well lets wait and see who my next victim is with my ones.))

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-10, 10:52 AM
His eyes fixed on the blood-drenched beast before him, Neshi fails to realize the threat behind him. Suddenly, a blunt blow, stunning in its power, crashes into the back of the templar's unprotected calf. He feels the beaten ruin of the muscles in his left leg spasm in their ruin and then the bone cracks, rent asunder by the sheer force of the blow.

In the briefest of moments, he realizes but a shard of the tragedy that had just unfolded. Just as his broken leg gives way, he finds his voice and yells, "TREACHERY!".

((Nope, nothin' against ye, Gimble. He was just hit in the back, is all))

His eyes bugging out in agony, his mouth champing in incoherent pain, he loses his balance and falls over, almost delivering his very throat to the ravening jaws of the great beast. As he hits the ground, he blacks out for the most fleeting instant, somewhat grateful for the darkness that takes his senses before the beast takes his life.

Alas, a swift death it was not to be. His eyes gape ad his mouth hangs ajar in shock as the dread wolf bites down on his midriff and, finding that its filthy fangs could not pierce the templar's doughty armour, hurls him forth. Neshi hits the bole of a tree hard and he slides down, a battered mess.

His fists clench, his left on the straps of his shield, the right on the hilt of his ancestral sword. Breathing a silent prayer of thanks that he is still alive and that his sword is still in his hand, he tries to stand and take the battle to the foe once more but collapses again, his leg unable to support his weight.

The back of his head hits the tree behind him and he gags on a tough, salty-coppery taste in his mouth. He hacks up a cough and spits a mouthful of blood into the grass. Groaning against pain, he...

((TO BE CONTINUED))

ByeLindgren
2007-09-10, 04:56 PM
I've been busy. Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Strength Penalty: [roll1]
I'll assume that while wolfy is prone and hindered its touch AC is 14 or less. I'll change the post if not.
"Why did you do that, Chuck!?" Martin still attacks the known threat, casting Ray of Enfeeblement. The dark ray shoots from his hands and connects with the wolf, weakening the beast so it may not attack so harshly again.

Methalor
2007-09-10, 05:12 PM
(OOC: Sorry, been busy - could someone give me an overview of where I am right now? And what's happened? I think I'm weaponless, Chuck attacked Neshi, what else did I miss? My go, right?)

de-trick
2007-09-10, 06:33 PM
{table=head] | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
A| | | | | | N |W | W |
B| | | | | | | C
C | | | |
D| | | Y | |
E
| .| M |
[/table]

Neshi prone
wolf prone
yorrick no weapon
. = yorrick sword

wolf prone
neshi prone
wolf -4 strength/15 health

wingover gimble
2007-09-10, 09:21 PM
chuck looks down at his fist and then to neshi as he collapses and the only thing that escapes from his throat is, "Oops! Then he looks up to the big wolf snarling at him as a dark ray hit it. The wolf seems to slump as his strength has been sapped. Then he looks to the dark eyes of the wolf and says in annoyed voice,"Oh what do you want i thought you were dead or something you stupid dog! your probably sided with the bears you evil son of a B@#ch!

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-11, 02:09 AM
((Yes, this is the contiuation))

...tries to lift his sword arm and set the weapo against the foe's inevitable charge but his strength fails him. His vision blurs once more, then, sighing in frustration, Neshi spits at the beast.

Even before his spittle reaches the slavering thing's muzzle, he mutters a curse over it, damning the soul of the beast. "May Ammet the Devourer take thee and crush thee, thou bloody beast! So mote it be, by Horakhte!"

He grunts and tries to lift his weapon again but it drops from twitching hands. "My doom is thine, O Lilyborn", he prays.

The dread beast starts forward, dripping gore, eager to finish off its prey. Suddenly, a moonbeam lances down, brighter than the uncaring stars. The ray of light flashes down from the darksome vault of night and smites the eyes of the wolf.

Instead of lunging for either Chuck or Neshi, the beast leans downwards and bites down on its own foreleg. Not showing any signs of pain, it shakes its head back and forth and

((TO BE CONTINUED))

(([roll0] Heal))

de-trick
2007-09-13, 03:58 PM
The wolf lets out 1 more howl and leaps on chuck

[roll0]

Methalor
2007-09-13, 04:44 PM
Err... Sorry guys.

Yorrick runs back and picks up his weapon. That should take care of his standard and his move action for that other round.

Maneuver: [roll0]

Next round, he charges at that wolf by Neshi (if it's still alive, otherwise he charges at the one by Chuck).

I can't roll yet, because rpgwebprofiler is down for me. I promise I'll get on tonight. Just let me know if it would be in order for me to charge yet or not.

UPDATE at 6:00 PM PST - Still can't access... Damnit, is it lost?

de-trick
2007-09-13, 08:06 PM
only 1 wolf (its a large creature)

wingover gimble
2007-09-13, 09:07 PM
leaps on me? uh is that a grapple? does it have improved grapple? just asking questions while i can.

de-trick
2007-09-13, 10:29 PM
yes a grapple
no, chuck attack of opportunity

wingover gimble
2007-09-13, 11:15 PM
So that was his touch attack huh. well he beat my touch ac now oppossed grapple checks. [roll0] what you got derek . ROLL!

de-trick
2007-09-14, 08:18 AM
here we go

[roll0]

Methalor
2007-09-14, 11:35 AM
(OOC:

BAH. RPGWebprofiler is still down... Maybe I've lost the whole char sheet and need to rebuild it. Problem is, I only remember some of it... My stats were 21 Str (18+2+1), 18 Con, 13 Dex, 11 Int, ? (10?) Wis, 9 Cha... I think. Can anyone else access the bloody thing? Maybe they could send me all the info about equipment, stats, and the such...

Anyway, I think I can "reverse-engineer" my attack and damage mods for now...

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Threat Roll: [roll1]
Damage Roll (nonlethal): [roll2]

Uhh... For Stance, we'll do Leading the Charge. Which gives me an extra +3 to damage (factored in above). Manuever, let's go for... Well, I don't know exactly what I have right now, but odds are I've got either Vanguard Strike or Leading the Attack - it's the same thing, +4 for Allies attacks if I hit. Grapple only matters for ranged, insofar as I can tell. So, I think that's all in order?)

Still cursing his own incompetence in tripping over the rough terrain, Yorrick swiftly jogged back to where his sword had landed and picked up the blade. The duel, although short, had been intense, and his mental and physical faculties were hazy. His legs had felt rubbery while he'd ran, and that damned rock had been right in his path... He had managed to prevent himself from toppling over, but the new sword had flown out of his hands. The weight and feeling was different than his old sword and, despite the fact that the blade was of indisputably higher quality, it still would take some getting used to.

But he had no time to think of such things; his comrades were facing off against some unnaturally massive wolf. With a quick check behind him to ensure that the spellslinger was alright, he charged forward. This time his legs carried greater energy than before, but he still felt a twinge of weakness in them. He just hoped he wouldn't trip again, as he careened towards the foul beast, sword raised above his head and mouth opened in a guttural, primitive battlecry.

(OOC: Edit: Well... I think a 25 would hit, and looks like I hit him down to 0 HP. Someone else needs to do the finishing blow, though... I can't believe my damage roll was 3 1s!

Remember, +4 to attack for you guys.)

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-14, 01:11 PM
@^((OOC: Didja realize that the dire wolf and Chuck were in the middle of a grapple? If'n I'm correct, that 15 damage should just about peg it... but what happens to the two grapplers? Ye struck a grappler and ye've got Cleave? Scary))

de-trick
2007-09-15, 05:58 PM
ok some one kills the wolf and you get 4,200 each you face a CR of 11 in total, nice job:smallsmile:

also who cant access their character

Methalor
2007-09-15, 06:19 PM
(OOC:

Me. :smallannoyed:

What should I do, rebuild Yorrick or something?

Oh, and, good job guys. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and, Nexus, got your PM, but I can't respond right now as I'm off to soccer.
)

de-trick
2007-09-15, 07:47 PM
yah if you want to rebuild yorrick

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-16, 08:35 AM
ok some one kills the wolf and you get 4,200 each you face a CR of 11 in total, nice job:smallsmile:

also who cant access their character

Yet again, definitely OOC:

Thanks, chief! Good work, folks!

Oookay, please forgive the newbie question, folks, but... you seem to imply that having defeated a "CR of 11" is something big. Is it?

Huh. I can't access the rpgwebprofiler.net character sheet either. I remember most of Neshi's stats, however. Personally, I'm okay with the sheet itself being inaccessible but what bothers me is that I don't have the thing's autocalculator for XP. Could somebody please give me the XP threshold for every level?

Oh, and it was only recently that I discovered that the Sun domain grants a once a day Greater Turning. Nice! And on that note, the Healing domain's "You cast healing spells at +1 caster level." means that Cure Minors become CLWs, CLWs become CMWs, etc?

Thousand thanks, y'all!
Relevant rolls: Burn Eagle's Splendour for a Cure Serious Wounds on self: [roll0]
Use prepared Cure Serious Wounds on Chuck: [roll1]

wingover gimble
2007-09-17, 11:08 AM
Horay hit points. Thats right what derek we killed your wolf that has a stupid fish frog. [roll0] lets hpe for the best

wingover gimble
2007-09-17, 11:16 AM
ok i got a one so here we go again. [roll0] Cant talk much becuase im in keyboarding class right now:smallwink: im not allowed on this site and if i get found out it may get blocked. Teacher is lecturing kids i feel total rebel playing D&D at school!

Chuck's eyes go back to normal and he looks at neshi worried. Hows your leg? im sorry that i hit you.

de-trick
2007-09-17, 04:44 PM
Oh, and it was only recently that I discovered that the Sun domain grants a once a day Greater Turning. Nice! And on that note, the Healing domain's "You cast healing spells at +1 caster level." means that Cure Minors become CLWs, CLWs become CMWs, etc?

normally for a cleric you would only add your caster level(level of cleric) so a cure light would be 1d8+caster level(max 5)

but for you healing spells get an addition to healing
so 1d8+caster level+1

Methalor
2007-09-17, 06:34 PM
(OOC:

Ahh... So, should I just rebuild my character as a Crusader 4 with different feats/maneuvers? I was, originally, Fighter 2 / Crusader 2, but I'd rather just give up those extra feats and take better Crusader progression. I can't remember most of them, as I only really ever used Power Attack. The stats are on the original recruitment thread, and I remember their division - 20 Str, 13 Dex, 18 Con, 11 Int, 10 Wis, 9 Cha. And +1 to Str at Level 4.

Also, what is the total amount of experience gained since we started off at ECL 2? That last one really ups it, I'm betting! :smallbiggrin:

So, we should be ECL 5 by now, right? :smallbiggrin:
)

de-trick
2007-09-18, 10:53 AM
sure you can rebuild yorrick as a 4 level crusader

wingover gimble
2007-09-18, 10:57 AM
well that sucks looks like i gotta make my character over too, hmm his stats were 16,16,18,14,14,16 his feats were charge throw,dodge, improved unarmed strike, improved grapple and thats all i got so i'l look up the rest.

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-18, 12:12 PM
((OOC: HP roll: [roll0] Eh? Sorry. I changed my decision and went with a cleric level. 2d8 o most of the direct damage spells sounds better than one bonus feat and +1BAB. I'll take Ftr 2 at level 6.))

Previously...
Yo. Uder construction. Beware of falling ebris.

Reminders to self (IC): Cogratulate Yorrick for his final blow. Tell Yorrick and Chuck to be more careful with their weapons next time. Ask Martin's help in burying Milo.

Presently...

Neshi smiles and passes his fingers over his chest in the Sign of the Falcon as he tests his newly healed leg. He walks around gingerly then settles in, glad that there is no lasting damage.

His eyes rove over the battlefield and he responds with a captain's alacrity. "Yorrick! On detail, much firewood, bring thou swift! Take the zebras and the wain-carriage to aid thee. Build us a roaring fire once ye get back to ward off any more beasts of the night". And also to cook these blighters with! He kneels to Martin, the better to meet the mage's gaze, "Do thou cast some light him if ye please. His blade might slip again and strike some shadow unforewarn't"

He then turns to his two remaining compatriots and hands his sickle and dagger to them. He kneels down beside the largest of the beasts, the last to fall and begins gutting and skinning it. "Come, comrades! Let us skin these beasts to their Bast-blest bones and make ourselves some meat and pelts! Let us thank the gods by not letting these carcasses waste away", he says to them.

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-18, 12:16 PM
Second HP roll, seeing that it's our chief's policy to reroll 1s. [roll0]<<<Argh! So, he's just hit 30 HP?

wingover gimble
2007-09-18, 03:20 PM
chuck looks at the knife then the wolves and then says waste not want not. then goes to skin the wolves. i dont know if its survival or knowledge nature so heres a knowlegde nature that i do have
[roll0]
or survival
[roll1]

wingover gimble
2007-09-18, 09:46 PM
good news good news spread the word! rpg profiler is just remoldled everything and upgraded. heres the site for your old accounts it worked for me!!! http://profiler.thetangledweb.net/login.php

Methalor
2007-09-19, 12:23 AM
Mate, that's tangledweb. It's a good profiler site, but it doesn't have our old characters... At least not mine.

wingover gimble
2007-09-19, 10:56 AM
well thats strange it seemed to work for me. hmmmm damn this sucks :smallfrown:

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-19, 11:13 AM
((Durn thing don't work for me either... but it looks well eough. How do ya register?))

Methalor
2007-09-19, 04:49 PM
(OOC:

Okay, guys, our total xp should be around 11,200 from what I've calculated from all our encounters + our starting level.

Also, we have those slippers of spider climbing, gloves of dexterity, and bag of holding that we may have forgotten at some point.

So, rebuilding Yorrick as a Crusader of ECL 5. Don't forget that our equipment is lame, though. :P
)

de-trick
2007-09-19, 08:28 PM
(sorry about equipment, but you also have th hobgoblin leader sword)

long story sort you reach farewell Capitol of hothmalor in the following day

when you see the gate a horn blows, as you look you see a carriage come out along with other men on horseback

when you ask why are they here
we are here from the council, we are here to help you any way we can the carriage is for you

if you accept the carriage, they help you into the carriage then when you enter the carriage there is fine wine, meat and cheese, as you go through the city people cheer you.
All hail the goblin slayers, the conquerers of the mountains, the brave warriors

you are first brought to a fine inn, where you are fitted for cloths and armor taken and shined, your swords are shinned and new fancy scabbards are giving

Methalor
2007-09-20, 01:53 AM
(OOC: Nah, that's not your fault, we just haven't had a chance to get any real loot since that hasn't been our goal. :smalltongue:

HP rolls:
10+4
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
)

Methalor
2007-09-20, 01:54 AM
(Rerolling the one:

[roll0]
)

Methalor
2007-09-20, 02:59 AM
(OOC:

Short random junk equipment, but here we go:

http://profiler.thetangledweb.net/view.php?id=22521

)

Grrth
2007-09-20, 10:35 PM
OOC: So since you're all back in town now, does that mean I get to play?

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-21, 02:28 AM
Neshi marched through the exultant throngs, the joyful masses with a downcast face. Grim lines drew his lips downward despite the people's smiles.

Heavy beats his heart for troubled were his thoughts. These people seem to think that we had gone to war and defeated the Mosid'ar. That would have been unjust. Milady Daiyanissa's suspicions of the Council as being a pack of blood-mad jackals might well be true... but then, mayhap it was korkash who deceived us? What of the fading slavers on the horizon that Chuck spotted ere with the Eker're of Fire and its Mosid'ar mage, we clashed? Were they under Korkash's command or were they a faction split-off? Or is it we who deceive ourselves?

Snapping out of his dread reverie, Neshi's eyes drifted over the crowd, ever-vigilant agaist any threats that may arise. His hand hovered over his hilt, wary.

Goodwives and farm-folk, children of the field, elders silver-crowned and folk of all trades--- they thronged the streets, adulant at their so-called conquerors. Spades ad pitchforks,

((TO BE CONTINUED))

Neshi then went up to the leader of the horsemen who had been instructed to escort them and aid them. "Thou captain of the guard, didst thou say that ye'll help us in any way?"

Gesturing at the heavy-laden wagon which the Council had provided them at the outset, Neshi said, "Get thou yon arms and armour--- the spoils of battle into the Royal Armoury. And see those wolf-pelts? Get them to a tanner, crafter of ivory and an apothecary for the entrails. Give the products thereof to the poor and needy"

Neshi then walked up to the wagon and retrieved Korkash's royal sword and strapped it to his own belt. Patting his satchel of scrolls, Neshi went o and said to the head of their escort, "Please also arrange a meeting with the High Council, with your Foreign Minister, your Field Marshal and your Royal Master of Scouts and Spies. Tell them it is of the utmost urgency that my troop meet with them at an hour ere dawn's breaking on the morrow... to bring tidings from the North"

((TO BE CONTINUED))

Neshi looks up from his simple stew, making the Sign of the Falcon once more upon his chest

de-trick
2007-09-21, 07:19 AM
grrth yes, better PM the other guy too

bchilders
2007-09-21, 02:12 PM
OCC: Let me know when I can hop in

de-trick
2007-09-21, 04:36 PM
The council meeting starts

So the great hero's have survived. But where are the 3 others we sent

the 2 new guys are at the meeting too

bchilds you have a scroll of make a decipher script

Grrth
2007-09-21, 05:39 PM
Nina:

Sitting down, feet propped up on a chair, the elven woman surveys the 'heros' coming in the door for the council meeting. She is not particularly impressed. They look bedraggled and dispirited at best and downright miserable at worst, not what you'd expect from successful goblin killers. She fiddles with the fletching on an arrow and decides to hang back in the shadows of the counsel chamber and observe, see what she can find out from these strangers.

The hobgoblins were a menace, that's all she'd come here to say, a warning and a plea for help from her brothers and sisters in the forest. And yet, somehow, she'd found herself agreeing to stay and wait for these champions sent out by the city to deal with the threat. Seems her warning had been unnecessary after all which left a bad taste in her mouth. She hates cities, all the people, the destruction, the confinement. The sooner she were out of here the better.

She pushes back a strand of her golden hair, and tucked it back behind her ear. Contrary to most elves, she kept her tresses short, but there were always the random pieces that refused to stay where she put them. A cloak concealed her mithril armor, coated with strong black paint to reduce the glare, and her boots are spotted with mud. All of her gear is worn and travel-stained, but she appears to travel light, with only a small pack. A rapier hangs at her hip, and her bow isn't far from her reach.

She watches the proceedings with irritation and impatience in her green eyes, but she knows her temper too well to give voice to her opinions. Humans and their cities and incessant rules that nevertheless only invited corruption instead of preventing it.

This had better be good ....

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-22, 01:23 AM
((OOC: *ding* Placeholder post. I'll be back. Errand. Warning: exhaustively long plot recap and intrigue poking incoming))

bchilders
2007-09-22, 07:20 AM
OOC: Did you want me to make a decipher script check? If so:
Decipher script: [roll0]

Tristan straightened his glasses as the heroes came in and he was very dissapointed. In books heroes were always radiant and majestic and these few looked nothing like that. He decided to reserve judgement until hearing them out but he was already a little skeptical.

de-trick
2007-09-22, 10:05 AM
bchilds at your church you found a scroll a 1000 year old scroll, it is written in a old dialect of common

Maildor great lord I Jomash have establish the eastern realm as you wished, I have started thew project you wanted me to start

Signed Pharaoh Jomash

bchilds you can make a knowledge history check to figure out who Maindor and Jomash are

if Bchilds read the letter Neshi make a knowledge history check to

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-22, 02:18 PM
Neshi glances hither and yon at the assembled ladies and lords of the Hothmalorran Council. Besides the humans who seemigly had not changed in a thousand years, there are also chattery short folk--- both hairy and bald.

More short folk, there are, though stout and possessed of large beards--- both women and men alike. The ancient Mulhorandi templar gazes in wonderment as ever and anon they spew forth puffs of grey smoke from strange contraptions clapped to their ample mouths.

Though few in number, yet another allegedly goodly kindred sits amongst the Council. Sharp are both their eyes and ears in both form and function. Their manner of dress is impeccable and they are possessed of a bearing and a radiant fairness more fair than mortal tongue can tell.

Fewest by far amongst this assembled augustness are certain large folk, stronger than most humans yet gnerally uncouth and rash. Of old, Neshi had known them as a bastard race, begot Hathor-hears't folk with the beastial Kharen-dur of the hill country.

He gazes into the eyes of the assmebly then raises his hands to heaven in a swift prayer. Milord Horus-Re, a thousand thanks I give to thee for thine grace in bringing us forth thus far. I beg of thee, shine thy light upon us and give us foolish mortals the guidance we so desperately need. Please, enlighten us, let there be no strife betwixt allies against the coming storm of sorrow. So mote it be.

His prayer done, his face resumes its grim countenance. The dark-skinned templar strides forward swiftly, movig to the very centre of the hall.

He first bows to the Council with his head to the floor and then, as he stands, he spreads his hands to the assembly as if addressing a congregation. "Hail Hothmalor and may Farwell prosper! Miladies and lords of this august assembly, we give thee our grim greetings this grim morn. We come to bring tidings of grief and victory, of opportunity and of doom."

Eying certain fidgety and impatient members of the current assembly, he remarks not without humour, "Any whoso wish to take a drink or use the latrine--- I highly advise them to do so now for my tale shall be long and tedious"

Neshi slowly draws the Sword of Mercy that Lhesh Korkash entrusted to them. He brings its blade up ito the air, twirling it ever so slowly, letting all see the smoothness and the sharpness of the steel. The flames of the numerous braziers in the hall scintillate across the blade, casting sparkles and shadows as they pass over the Goblin runes in the sword's blood-channel.

"Behold a sharp sword", says Neshi as he forthwith proves it by slicing his sleeve. "Behold a sword that bleeedst not the victim", as he stabs it straight through his palm.

The templar gasps with pain as the extraordinarily long sword finally comes free of his hand without even inflicting the slightest wound. *KASSHHHK!* Suddenly, he stabs the enchanted blade into the floor, grunting and kneeling with the effort and causing a shower of sparks and burying the blade deep in the stone of the hall. "Behold the Sharaat du'Kerma, the Sword of Mercy, formerly of Lhesh Korkash, Emperor of the... goblin-kin of the North!"

"Aye" He says as he stands. "But we took it not from the mountain-lord in strife and chaos. He gave it freely, of his own accord in token of trust"

Gesturing at Yorrick, Neshi continues, "LO! There stands before ye a warrior without peer. He defeated Korkash in single combat, in a duel of honour that lasted but two blows from both combatants"

The former captain of Efer-nim draws from his satchel the scroll whereon was writ the Mosid'ar-Hothmalor Pact of Non-Aggression in blood and unfolds it carefully. He shows it to the Council but does not let them hold it for long. "Behold a pact of peace. The lord of the moutains seeks not blood, not blade, not rape, pillage, plunder or strife from thee. He seeks peace. Here ye have not only his word of honour but also his blood and his blade--- quite literally, might I add"

"Ho the Spymaster!" Neshi says not knowing which amongst the councilors is the true master of scouts. "Tell me true thy reconnaissance, is Korkash good as his word? --- have the hobgoblins ceased their raids?", he asks.

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-23, 09:01 AM
((OOC: Did Hothmalor's intelligence really confirm whether Korkash kept his word of honour?

I'll be gone for most of tomorrow.

Summary of Neshi's speech: We lost three of our comrades to an ancient evil, a spirit-shard of Sekhmet, mother of Set, Lord of Destruction. Milady Daiyanissa, our paladin, gave her life to defeat this thing and even then, it is still only imprisoned within me. We fought off hobgoblin raiders at twilight, ogres at noontide and dreadwolves at midnight. We secured a treaty of non-aggression between Hothmalor and the Imperium of the North... a treaty that could very well be upgraded into a mutual protection pact. It was also from their ruler that we learned of Malindor a mite--- that he has four lieutenants and that the first of these comes from a sea of sand much-akin to my home of old...))

bchilders
2007-09-23, 06:24 PM
Knowledge history: [roll0]

Tristan looks down at the scroll he found wondering about it's importance as he listens to the tale of adventure and loss.

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-24, 01:52 PM
((OOC: NYARGH! Forgive me, folks. Just go on and please imagine the rest of the bloody speech from the summary I gave. I'll finish all my To-Be-Continued posts whe I get some good, proper time. Next week is Finals Week. Yo Martin/ByeLindren, Methalor/Yorrick, WG/Chuck! Could y'all please cover for me during my lapses? Aye, could ye please, um, help Neshi wrap up his presentation? Thank ye kindly))

"I take thy silence for an 'aye', then." says Neshi curtly.

So the great hero's have survived. But where are the 3 others we sent

The young templar's gaze roves the sea of eyes amongst the ...

((TO BE CONTINUED))

wingover gimble
2007-09-24, 02:46 PM
While walking through the streets having everyone cheering for him he walks and waves accepting any alcholic drink givin to him. When the gaurds come to bring the party to the town hall he saysDammit they caught me:smallfrown: I thought I could get away with beating that one guy down and then breaking the barkeeps nose. Sigh* there goes my split of the treasure unless. Then he thinks to himself Icould mearly avoid the one bar. Yes that will perfect
once they reach the hall and find out its not about him he looks around while until he spots the elven woman sitting in a chair. When he spots the sword he says,"Pfft, swords are for those who hide behind steel. i am my weapon. then he sits crosslegged and waits for the story to be over.

de-trick
2007-09-24, 05:57 PM
Bchilds---you find out

Jomash was a Pharaoh or ruler, 1000 years ago to the kingdom to the east. Who suddenly came into power with no right to the throne, he was a tyrant who tortured and murdered people who never agreed with him
, his death was a mystery, some say Jomash never died.

out Dahdah-da

wingover gimble
2007-09-24, 10:17 PM
After the tale has been told and the tale of the two abandoners and the one cannibal dead girl chuck stands up. well what are we doing now? Do we have new recruits? Oh ya uhh were are we going to go to becuase i get kinda bored in town after i've been kicked out of the bars. Looking around seeing the elf with her armour and sword and bow and the council members until he stops on one person who wasnt there last time. You man with glasses are you to come with us as well? studying him for a little until he replies.

bchilders
2007-09-25, 04:00 PM
Tristan, a little timid after being questioned directly, stammers,"Well..I...um..I arrived here looking for a group..I mean...travellers to accompany and after listening to your tale it seems that I might could be of....that is, that I might could...help." Tristan holds his gaze for only a moment before looking away, ashamed at how easily he was unnerved. After a few deep breaths he steadies himself and says, much more confidently, "My name is Tristan Gamaliel by the way, and I would be intrigued to hear more about your journeys thus far."

Grrth
2007-09-25, 08:52 PM
Nina:

The idea of a "blood-pact" with the hobgoblins almost makde Nina laugh out loud, but this ... Neshi seemed earnest enough. From the looks of him, he was a holy warrior of some kind, though of no order Nina had ever heard of. He was honest and sincere, two qualities Nina has found to be in short supply these days. After his tale, she found herself sympathizing with his plight. The dead woman appeared to be of some import, to both him and the silent warrior at his side.

Well, if there was truly peace, Nina had to find out. It would also prove interesting to see how the city would react to these news. Peace was certainly better than war, and this peace sounded hard-won enough to even possibly be true. But would the hobgoblins honor such a pact?

She narrowed her eyes but otherwise conscienciously ignored the monk, again surprised to find that the cleric nearby was being ... assigned to this group? A volunteer, perhaps? Hmmm ...

"Well," she said, standing beside Tristan. "I am Nina, and I, too, would hear more of this journey of yours. If truly have you brought us peace, then I would be obliged to further this brief acquaintance. If a journey you are going on, then you shall need someone with my skills."

She grinned wolfishly. "And if the hobgoblins have broken this faith you seem to have with them, then I should greatly like to help you remedy that!"

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-26, 11:42 AM
Neshi looks the two adventurers over. One has the look of a tracker and a wanderer of the wilderlands. Her travel-stained raiment smells of the bush while the well-worn grips on both her bow and sword as well as the hard glint of her eyes tell him of her warrior's blood. The other, a bespectacled man has the look of a scholar yet also that of a templar with his trappings-of-war.

"Hail, Nina, maiden of gold and steel! Hail Tristan of Gamaliel, the crystal sage! We shall be honoured by thy aid. May the Lord of Victory and Virtue, the Sunsword and Scarabshield, the King of Falcons, the mighty Horus-Re, upon thee rain his blessings", Neshi says in greeting and thanksgiving, spreading his hands wide in benediction.

Neshi locks Nina's gaze with his own grim countenance and, with hand on hilt, replies, "If the Mosid'ar dare to break their oaths, they are damned in this world and the next. It shall be war unto the hilt. If so they transgress, they must be punished. Their cities shall be razed, their fields sown with salt and their remnant shall be reduced to slaves as restitution"

He steps closer to Chuck, slaps him upside the head lightly and remarks to Tristan good-naturedly, "Forgive our erstwhile companion here, master Gamaliel for putting ye ill at ease. Thou art no evil man, art thou not? Therefore, fear thou not"

Just then, Neshi feels a burning, throbbing pain in his head. He puts his hand to his temple...

I desire VENGEANCE! She may have been of Good heart and Pure soul, but damn, she was still the best host I've ever had!

For once, with thee, Ssssekhmet, Queen of Chaos, I aggrreeee...

Let me out, then, thou knavish templar! Let me out that I, with thee, might visit the full fury of the Abyss upon this puny miscreant!

Neshi, dearling, that runt just called me dead! Let me out to show him the REAL meaning of death and damnation!

Coooome, Neshi, let down the walls of your soul, let me lend you our power and together, we shall bring... GAHAHAHA... ahem... justice into this world!

NO! No, Neshi, don't do it! Don't give in to their temptation, their corruption! Not here, not now, not ever!

SHUDDUP, YA SNIVELING, DO-GOODING TWIT!

VWANGGSHH!*Smite Evil*

GRRROOOAAARR! *KRAGASSHHKKK!* *Smite Good*

nooo! No, Neshi! Doooon't dooooo iiiiittt!

...and then rips his khopesh free. The curving blade gleams wickedly in the shifting brazier fires as he holds it to his eyes somewhat complacently.

Suddenly, an inhuman, unearthly growl tears itself from the templar's throat, low and loud, like that of a stalking lion. "GRAAAAAGGGHHH!", he throws back his head and roars to the rafters.

When he brings his head back down, his eyes are of a solid scarlet hue, burning with unhallowed hatred. A black mane erupts from his head, neck and shoulders, thick as that of the fiercest lion.

Yelling with savage glee, he brings the khopesh's wicked blade screaming towards Chuck's neck but fumbles and the sword slams into the woodwork of a nearby table, flying free of his grip. Frustrated, the possessed templar roars again, froth running from his now-fanged maw. Black fires of unholy fumes blaze on his fists and he slams them into the shocked monk, hurling him against a pillar.

Sorry, bub.

Neshi roars again and hunches over. His jaws elongate into a long, black, many-fanged canine snout. Strange horns burst from the back of his head, finally destroying his long-battered helmet.

The black fires from his fists shoot forth and shatter the paving-stones around Korkash's sword. Shards of stone erupt from the floor in a storm of pain. Neshi leaps toward the bastard blade and draws it from the stones in one fell swoop.

Lunging torwards Lord Norros Vanridge, he roars in the unholy language of the Abyss, "GH# HJGHgJRghG RHG$ $IUGFgugfjgj Gh9y gh$ty4t hg*#! FOE OF MY SON THOU HAST GONE TOO FAR! I SUMMON THEE, STRENGTH OF SET, FLOOD THESSE FEEBLE SINEWS WITH THY UNHALLOWED POW'R! MALIDOR SHALL RISE AGAIN AND NAUGHT THOU CANST DO SHALL..."

At the last moment, right before the Sharaat du'Kerma cleaves Vanridge asunder, Neshi collapses and convulses. When he stands once more, his eyes gleam bright blue. "...stop it", he finishes his sentence.

He bows to the ground, then growls. Claws erupt from his hands but he stops before laying waste to the Councillor. He then thrusts one hand behind him and throws a seething ball of black flame at the doors of the Hall. They burst open, sending in the bright sunlight of the new-risen dawn.

Neshi collapses, writhing. He struggles to his knees and says, "Purify the evil, in the name of Horakhe! So mote it be! FOR VIRTUE! FOR VENGEANCE!" With twitching hands, he grips the hilt of the bastard sword and thrusts it through a chink in the chest-piece of his armour with enough force to send the blade slamming through his back.

All the signs of fiendish taint recede from his body in a puff of black smoke, all except the lion's mane. He withdraws the blade from his body, almost passing out from the agony of the wound. He again bows low, looks Vanridge in the eyes with his own grey gaze and says, "I. Am. Sorry. That was Sekhmet, by the way, the Abyssal spirit-shard to whom we lost three comrades"

He walks slowly, dejectedly back, the way he'd come, sheathing both swords along the way. Calling upon Horakhe's healing, he burns away the injuries that he had inflicted upon Chuck and says to him simply, "Sorry, pilgrim"

Neshi walks slowly away, framed by the bright morning sunlight. At the door he turns back and says, "Thus it is shown that time is truly of the essence. We must move swiftly, or all shall be lost. Come, comrades, let us break our fast and gather our supplies swiftly. We leave an hour after noontide. Oh, and one more boon I beg of thee, milord Vanridge--- wilt thou grant a goodly supply of holy water for thy warriors?"

Behind him, the shattered and shorn pieces of his olden copper helm skitter away, carried off by the morning breeze...

Grrth
2007-09-26, 01:53 PM
Nina:

"GRAAAAAGGGHHH!", he throws back his head and roars to the rafters.

When he brings his head back down, his eyes are of a solid scarlet hue, burning with unhallowed hatred. A black mane erupts from his head, neck and shoulders, thick as that of the fiercest lion.

Yelling with savage glee, he brings the khopesh's wicked blade screaming towards Chuck's neck but fumbles and the sword slams into the woodwork of a nearby table, flying free of his grip. Frustrated, the possessed templar roars again, froth running from his now-fanged maw. Black fires of unholy fumes blaze on his fists and he slams them into the shocked monk, hurling him against a pillar.
WHAT THE ******!

Nina dives away from the maddened warrior, scuttling to the side, staying flat on her stomach and peering around a pillar as the ... whatever that was ... did whatever it was doing.

Possessed indeed! she thinks, wide-eyed. That is so not right! Am I out of my mind? I can't help this man! He's dangerous! But then, he seemed so gentle before, even if I couldn't understand a word he was saying. Was that (insert name of common language here) "English"?

She stays where she is until after the warrior exits and slowly stands up as the inevitable chaos of noise fills the room. She looks around, undecided. Keep her word or preserve her own skin and sanity? And yet, something that unnatural could not be allowed to continue its perversion of what nature had intended. Surely the easiest way to protect her homeland was to stand guard over this unholy terror herself.

She shudders. I must be out of my mind.

Outloud, she says, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with that mad-man. The sooner we're out of town, the better. Where are we going?"

bchilders
2007-09-26, 03:14 PM
Tristan was mixed with both fear and fascination. He stood still, staring as the whole transformation took place. He thought to himself, about the possibility of observing and writing about this entire process. Intrigued with the whole transformation process, he couldn't help but want to learn more about it. He started paying attention to every bit of the transformation so he could transcribe notes later from his memory.

After everything quiets down he listens as Nina speaks and waits to hear what is the destination.

wingover gimble
2007-09-27, 09:28 PM
Chuck looks to neshi when he smacks him in the side of the head lightly. He just about sparksa a remark when neshi's eyes go blank then spark with hatred as daiy was when he preformed the ritual on her. Oh sh-. without even being able to finish his sentence chucks small form is flung by neshi's unnatural strength.

After the stars go from his vision he sees the claws erupt from neshis hands.
Cleric, help this man. martin yorrick ty to stop him before he gets to the councillor or else this isnt going to be a walk in the park getting out!!!just as he finishes he watches neshi leaps infront of the councillor and is about to hit him he convulses.Holy Crap! cleric dont just sit there you fool.

chuck gets up just as neshi talks a bunch of sacred stuff. Then when neshi comes over and calls him a pilgrim chuck gets angry. PILGRIM!! PILGRIM! I'LL SHOW YOU WHO'S A PILGRIM DEMON BO- oops sorry bout that i aimed low. Uh mr uh guy with glasses. I would really appreciate it if you could see if you could help my friend about his problem or have something in time to post pone it. If you cant do that it would be pretty sweet if you could be ready for it. Then he starts to dust himself off.

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-28, 11:30 AM
Outloud, she says, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with that mad-man. The sooner we're out of town, the better. Where are we going?"

Neshi looks up sadly, tiredly, at the tracker’s comment. He unbuckles the scabbard that holds the Sharaat du’Kerma and sets it down gently at the threshold of the Hall. Straightening, he turns toward the company with his hands held behind his head, his gaze turned heavenward and with his eyes closed in prayer.

Finally, he sighs, gestures towards the East, towards the still-rising Sun and declares, "We march far to the East... unto my homeland of old, the Red Land of Mulhorand. 'Tis a sea of sand, a desert for miles uncountable--- we must drink but sparingly. We must also keep sharp our eyes and noses and make swift for any oases whereupon to replenish our supplies with water, wood, dates, seeds and meats alike"

His fingers point idly at the sky, tracing the lines of constellations that have always guided his people in times of trouble. "After silvern Djawety, the moon-god of old hath turned full once more and we see among the stars the Broken Khopesh, Isis' Girdle and The Great Hunter, we must beware our footfalls for then we are come unto a dread wasteland of many spirits restless. Beware indeed our footfalls for then, soon shall we be come unto the Gorge of Gimilgammash, a multitude of myriad ravines riven from red rocks by ages of wasting winds and waters unseen."

His voice is parched and yet there still courses a lone tear from his left eye, tarrying over the ancient claw-scars on his face. "Here was Sanctum, the temple I hailed from..."

Neshi breathes with pride of his homeland yet growls at the tragedy of his life. "Beyond those badlands, there stretches from horizon to breathless horizon, the great river of El-inar, the lifegiver. Along its banks, near unto the Cliffs of Krandorg was the once-glorious city of Efer-nim, my home-city a thousand years past.”

Neshi's breathing becomes harsh and, barely holding back from growling, he continues thusly, “Beyond those ruins yet there stand in their eternal majesty the Pyramids of Ptakheper and within that valley is a fane forgot... one frequented by the corrupt king Jomash. The father of my liege and along with some of his best assassins, among whom was my father, tried to stage a coup and kill that misbegotten son of Set, Jomash. Alas, they failed. Eventually, though that false Pharaoh receded ito the shadows and nevermore held court in the capital. My former lord, the Nomarch Nimlot, was declared Vizier-Steward in his stead, but rightly, the throne was his"

Suddenly, Neshi slaps his forehead and bows to the ground, prostrating himself before Nina and Tristan. He stands with a rueful grin and gestures toward his companions. "A thousand apologies, eminent comrades! I forgot to introduce thee to our battered band. Here stands before thee, Chuck of Norris, a warrior of swift simplicity. Yon silent giant is Yorrick the Goblinsbane, and in the shadows over there is Martin, a mage of might..."

The templar bows again and continues, "...and I am Neshi of Nimlot's Nome, formerly a Captain of the Royal Guard and a commander of the Amun Corps. I am a servant of SssssekhmeTTT! er, Horus-Re, the Lord of Vengeance and Virtue, Scion of the Sun. I am the last templar lightbringer of the Sanctum of Sekhmet ere it was overthrown a thousand years past in the War of Shadows. By some unfathomable blast of flame, I was hurled into this current age when, it seems, you are dealing with the descendant of the Evil that I and my brethren had fought so long ago..."

Neshi's brow suddenly darkens and his fists clench, blood seeping between his fingers. Through grit teeth, he seethes, "I heard that, thou son of a scarab!"

His eyes widenand he consciously unclenches his hands, blood dripping onto the grassy ground. He heaves a mighty sigh and says aloud, "'Tis just as well if thou dost as he suggests, master Gamaliel. My curse might indeed become a liability but, gods-willing, it shall be burned by the hallowed fires of my faith, perseverance and sacrifice"

Grrth
2007-09-28, 01:42 PM
Nina:

In all of that Nina only catches a few words.

Sand?? She closes her eyes briefly, lips moving slightly, a look of utter disgust on her face.

"Well met," she says, looking over each of the four adventurers appraisingly. "Now, lest there be something you wish to do whilest in town, then let it be as the, er, as Neshi says, and be off at once."

She turns her attention back to the Mayor. "If this place we go is as far as he says," a gesture over her shoulder at Neshi, "then is there anyone here who would suffer to teleport us even some of the distance?"

bchilders
2007-09-28, 03:16 PM
"Good to meet you all," Tristan says looking over the group and directed to Chuck, "I'll meditate over what might be done to...alleviate your friends malady and hopefully by the morning Oghma will have blessed me with the knowledge and understanding of what might be done."

de-trick
2007-09-28, 06:11 PM
Yes it is far away past the border....wait I remember that in the old throne room, their was a gate when you looked into it you would fell the heat of the sun of a hot day. The only problem is that the old throne room is guarded by something from beyond the grave, we have barred it, but I trust you can free the guardsmen of deathless

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-29, 02:25 AM
"Let us be off, then", Neshi remarks. He bows to the elder and motions for the company to follow. Tapping the captain of their escort, he says, "Lead us thither, if ye please"

((What? I'm entitled to a short post every now and then!))

bchilders
2007-09-29, 01:29 PM
Tristan nods his acknowledgement and then heads off with the group. Very soon after they leave the room a bolt goes off in Tristans head and he stops Neshi. "It just dawned on me where I had heard all those names you were speaking of earlier. I found this in the archives at my church and felt that it was of some importance. I know little of what it is reffering to but maybe it will make more sense to you." With this he hands the scroll to Neshi.

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-30, 02:36 AM
NEshi takes but the briefest look at the scroll and flies into a rage. He grabs Tristan by the collar, hoisting him up and shaking him mightily then screams into his face, "GYAAH! Ye bloody knave! It's CURSED, I tell thee, CURSED! Pray to the dead gods and they on high that slumber, pray to the mighty ones far-forsook that thy church and thee have not been CORRUPTED by this EEEVIL text!"

"DOOOM!" He cries aloud. Suddenly, he claps Tristan on the shoulder and laughs long and deep and hard, "HAAAHAHAHAHA! 'Tis well and good, ye've brought this vile parchment hither, comrade Gamaliel, that its evil shall be purified and its remains utterly destroyed!"

His grey eyes widen to an incredible paroxysm of fear and, seizing the scroll in both hands, tears it apart with unconcealed glee. The ancient papyrus parchment crumbles easily, flaking away into scraps of faded gold. These scraps had not even all landed when he rips out his khopesh and madly slashes the scraps out of the air. Not content, he spits upon them and stomps them into the dirt.

Still not appeased, he opens his hands lets spew the wounds that he had inflicted upon himself earlier. Dripping blood upon the ruined scroll and into a border around the scroll's remains, he slashes out the Sign of the Falcon to the cardinal points, all the while chanting guttural and unintelligible prayers.

Suddenly, a flash of bright sunlight erupts around the binding circle. Lo! The remains of the cursed scroll come together of their own volition and congeal into the form of a scorpion with eyes deep as the Abyss itself, flaming pincers and a smoking stinger. Neshi promptly comes forward and crushes the vile creature beneath his armoured heel, taking delight in the unhallowed squelching. "YEEES! DIE, SERVANT OF SET! DIE AND TAKE THY CURSE WITH THEE!"

Neshi then leaves the spot as if nothing had happened and dusts himself off. Noting the aghast faces of his comrades, he asks them, "What? An explanation? Very well. In brief, that was a missive from a king of my people during my time. Jomash was unrighteous and corrupt, feeding off the sufferig of the people. He had them tortured and slain for no reason but his enjoyment. It was he who tore my father's heart out in front of my very eyes. He also made an evil pact with the Dark Lord, the Scion of Set, Malindor and built for him a temple complex and gave unto his dominion my homeland. That, I now believe, was the beginning of the War of Shadows. He was a lord of flesh, ruling over the pain of both the living and the dead... but there came the time that my former lord, Nomarch Nimlot, defeated him and cast him unto the Pits..."

Grrth
2007-09-30, 09:10 AM
Nina:

"Um, yeah," says Nina slowly, "whatever. Look ... Neshi, we're going to be companions now ... and you're really starting to ... that is to say -- Look, can you not fly into a rage about everything?" She throws her hands up in frustration.

"We can't properly deal with what we're going to be dealing with, whatever that is, if we're constantly having to worry about being throttled by you!"

Letting her anger loose, she advances on Neshi, eyes flashing and finger pointing at him accusingly, coming to stand between him and Tristan.

"We can't trust you, that much is obvious, but, by Solonor, you are now going to warn us before you do anything like that again, do you hear me?"

Her hand goes to the rapier at her side. "You will never strike one of us in anger again -- or we'll bind you and carry you like the mad-man you are, curse, possessed, or whatever the excuse is!"

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-30, 09:33 AM
Neshi looks at her bemusedly and replies, "What? I was angry?"

His eyes dart past her and see Tristan bruised and mangled on the ground. He gasps in shock and stutters in denial, "Wh-wh-WHAT?! I did that?"

Realization hits him like a buffeting sandstorm and he stands back up and walks slowly away with his face clutched tightly in his hands. With a mighty heave, he rips a couple of clumps of thick, wiry hair from his mane. Speaking through grit teeth, he says, "She..., no, they came out again, didn't they?"

He bows to Tristan, putting his face in the dirt and hitting his head against a rock to show his penance. "I thousand pardons I beg, master Gamaliel". Getting up, he sighs sadly and says to the company, "Believe me, what came out today was not even a thousandth of Sekhmet's true power. It took the full might of the gods of three lands merely to imprison her. If ever it becomes clear that I can no longer hold her back, I beg you, have no mercy. Beat me to a pulp"

Then, with his gaze grave, he cautions them, "Only under the direst circumstances must you kill me. Why? Because all these spirit-shards that I bear shall pass onto you and I do not want any of you to suffer as I do. Nobody deserves my suffering more than I... after all that I have done..."

"My demons are my own to bear...", With one final sad look at the company, Neshi turns to follow their escort once more, hoping that he will not break his word and lead them verily unto the forsaken portal...

bchilders
2007-09-30, 11:01 AM
Tristan brushes himself off and decides that it might be best if he spent more than a little time this evening thinking of a way to ease the suffering of his new companion...even if only for his own sake.

de-trick
2007-10-01, 10:14 PM
before you go to the portal do you guys do anything? Shop? sell stuff?

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-01, 10:37 PM
((OOC: At this point in the plot, I do believe Neshi's sanity has just suffered a critical fumble and stabbed itself. Heck, he'd go into battle with Malindor himself naked and wielding only a knife just to get the mission done. So, no, the idea of shopping would likely never cross his mind at this point.

If the majority of the other PCs clamour for shopping, then maybe he could be persuaded... but then, think about it. The portal's fired up, the deathless guards have been removed and everybody's good to go,when suddenly...

*DING*

Hey, we forgot to go shopping!

I now hereby leave the IC impetus to the others, thankee kindly.))

Grrth
2007-10-02, 11:14 AM
((:smallbiggrin: ))

Nina would like to send her ranger band a letter to let them know all that's she's learned and that she's leaving with these crazy adventurers. Other than that, she's ready to go!

Methalor
2007-10-02, 05:02 PM
(OOC:

Why, HELLO. It's been a damn long while since I posted, and I'm sorry for that. :smalltongue:

I do suggest we equip ourselves before we go out. Derek, can you give us the run-down on approx. remaining cash? Let's say we sell the meager loot that we gathered (those swords and the such)... What do we have left? The character sheet crash kinda messed things up for us...

Saving on the IC until I get an idea of if we really do have anything to spend. Obviously we'd keep those slippers of spiderclimbing and bag of holding...
)

bchilders
2007-10-02, 05:17 PM
Tristan says he too is ready to go. If there is some time while the others sort out inventory then Tristan will take that time to write down his observations about Neshi's transformation.

de-trick
2007-10-03, 04:05 PM
for the old people
neshi
+2 flaming kopask, wand of cure light caster level 5, cloak of resistance 1
martin
wand of magic missile caster level 7, ring of protection +2
yorrick
+2 mitral full plate, Figurine of wondrous power bronze griffon
chuck you are given
a +2 holy katanna, boots of speed

all the old stuff you took from encounters gave you 1000 gp
magic items you still have

hand of the mage
bag of holding
slippers of spider climbing

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-04, 09:38 AM
((OOC: Thousand thanks for all the items, chief!

Y'know, I'm smelling an incoming ecounter of some sort... and it reeks of "tough".

Anyhow, you said "given". Who gave us all these things? Did they just suddenly appear? Are they cuuuuurrrrssseeed?

Does a "kopask" have the same stats as a "khopesh"? :smallbiggrin: Y'know, over in my side of the world, a bit of wrong spelling or pronuciation or even enunciation can literally mean the difference between a good word and an insult.

Hey, ot complaining, just joking. Thousand thanks again!

Oh, and is it just me or is Neshi currently a parody of Miko? :smallbiggrin: ))

de-trick
2007-10-04, 03:48 PM
whoops my bad:smallredface:
kopask=khopesh
I had the right spelling in my spell check then I had to reboot my computer so lost spelling

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-04, 11:37 PM
Neshi stalks over to the captain of their escort and asks, "Thou walker! Are we there yet? Where be this portal thy lord spake of?

Unfortunately, their guide has some sort of faraway look in his eyes--- glazed over and grey...

As they march on in a seemingly endless corridor, unlit for some suttering torches ever and anon, NEshi stumbles in the darkness and, in trying to catch himself, trips a lever on the wall unseen.

Suddenly, a thousand inset gems light up on the archway that they are passing through. The passageway glows ominously with magical light emanating, pulsating from myriad sapphires, emeralds, topazes and rubies into the very masonry of the walls.

Neshi rips out his khopesh and yells hoarsely, "BEWARE, comrades! Make haste! Swift, swift! Run to the portal!"

Suddenly, his voice turns womanly high and he continues his warning, gripping his sword with both hands. RUN FOR IT! My sisters are summoning nether-spirits using the magical actuators of this hallway! "

Slinging his shield behind him, Neshi gestures wildly for the others to run past him and towards the ancient Hothmalorran-Mulhorandi portal. His voice resumes its normal gravelly tone and he says confidently, "DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME! RUN ON, I'LL HOLD THEM OFF!"

Slashing the air in the pattern of the Sign of the Falcon, his hands pass through ritual gestures of warding. "Sak'mher khere meto'rii zhape'nde khepere!"

Bursting into a maelstrom of activity, he first violently shoves the captain of their escort away from him, yelling, "GO! Go, damnit, go and lead them to safety thither!"

Then, always careful to move as swift as a serpent and always step like a jackal, he slashes and hacks away at the walls, scattering shards and chips and dust of precious gems hither and yon. Slowly, a wall of gem-dust piles into a wall both around him and sealing off the corridor. "Khere! Mer'dak hotep! Ankh'ar khepere!", he shouts in his native tongue.

"Ankh'ar khepere! S-s-spirits of Sekhmet! I place upo thee a bane and a banishment! BEGONE! ANKH'AR KHEPERE!" At the third blast of his incantation the gem-dust flares with holy light, blasting the corridor with the myriad colors of the rainbow.

But then, when the flare fades, the vision revealed is not as gay. Several shadow-spirits stand just at the threshold of the barrier. Their faces are but skulls bleached and befanged. Unhallowed flames of scarlet sin flicker in empty eye-sockets and, instead of shreds of rotten flesh clinging to rotten bones, shreds of shadow-stuff and blackest ectoplasm swirl therefrom.

As the fiends open their mouths and move their limbs, infernal fumes reeking wretchedly spew from their joints, making Neshi double over, gagging. The templar stumbles backward, clutching his throat and gasping. His sword trembles in a shaking hand just as his voice trembles weakly, "B-back! BACK! Y-you sh-sh-SHALL n-NOT P-P-PASS!"

The shadow-spirits speak, mockingly of him, barely wincing as they scratch at the barrier idly. "Thou art weeeaaak."

"Pathetic templar thou knowest not what thou dealst with!"

"Thou art a flawed vessel, incapable of holding Her Majesty's true power..."

Just then, one of their claws pierced the energy barrier, slipping through with a sizzling noise. Neshi's eyes flood with tears as he screams, "BEGONE, BY HORUS, BEGONE!" At his shout, the flames of the barrier flare all the higher and burn off a couple of arms from the fiends who scuttle back, hissing.

"Hah!" Neshi says, gloating. "My faith is stro-stro-stooonnggg-GAAAAHHH!" He drops his khopesh with a mad clanging and collapses to his knees, clutching his head and chest, muttering incoherently, "thepainthepainohgodsthePAINthepainthepainohgodsthe PAINthepainthepainohgodsthePAINthepainthepainohgod sthePAINthepainthepainohgodsthePAIN..."

Suddenly as, he stands with renewed conviction, idly retrieving his ancestral honour-blade, all the fires of the divine barrier that he had but a moment ago erected extinguish themselves without the slightest smoke. The corridor is shrouded in darkness--- all except for the unhallowed lights burning in the eyes of the shadow-spirits... and of Neshi.

They are startled as well but recover their nerve shortly thereafter. They hiss and sputter, their taloned hands clacking hungrily, rotten drool dripping from yellowed jaws, desirious of the flesh and blood of the living.

Then, Neshi stretches forth his hands towards them right before they pounce upon him and he declaims in a mighy voice, "DOWN ON YOUR KNEES, MISERABLE JACKALS! Down, my loyal servants, DOWN AND GROVEL, give me my proper HOMAGE! I, thy mistress of old, am come once more to devour the light of the world!"

They start back and cringe horribly, muttering ecstatically. Behold! I have returned from the captivity of a thousand UPON a thousand years! Call forth thy...

Suddenly, Neshi's visage twists in a rictus of pain and pleasure. His eyes blaze with a piercing blue light and he screams, "FOR VIRTUE!", as he grips his khopesh with both hands and sunders the foremost fiend in twain. Turning swiftly and sharply, he chops into another fiend struggling to rise and reduces that other one into a pile of bone-shards. "FOR VENGEANCE!"

The shadow-spirits then swarm forward, a sea of draining fangs and claws. The templar charges forward, beheading a monstrous demonspawn and shouting, "I smite thee by Torm's fiery fury!" Neshi spins into them, slashing and hacking madly cracking, "By Horakhe, to the Abyss with thee, abominations!"

Suddenly, his sword clangs off another blade. He looks up to see a lord of the wastes, encased in plates of chitiuous black armour and wielding a falchion of pitted iron. The fiend's rictus breaks into a fanged grin as he rams his pommel forward then leans into a savage slash, the reverse-curved black metal of his sword sweeping towards Neshi like a gigantic scorpion's sting.

A blade of flaring gold-bronze clashes with a longer blade of shadowspawned iron in a shower of sparks. Both warriors lean into their blows, locked hilt to hilt then Neshi gives a mighty downward shove and the black blade shatters into a dozen shards. Even before the last shards have hit the floor, Neshi slashes out in a riposte, neatly cleaving through the wastelord's neck just as the fiend's clawed hand plunges into the templar's chest in a spurting of blood.

Before the fiend could deliver a finishing blow, its body crumbles into ash that forthwith becomes a swarm of ravening locusts that streak towards Neshi's comrades. The evil vermin swarm is nearly upon them--- verily swirling about their noses when the templar stretches forth a hand and says, "return. i command it..."

Dutifully, the fiend obeys its mistress but when it returns, Neshi's sword suddenly blazes with a fire that would not die. "...I command it in Horus' name. To the Abyss I send thee and come thou never back", He intones right before his blade slashes down, burning every last manifested spirit-shard to a crackling crisp.

Suddenly, a holy light flashes down and every single mote of gem-dust sparkles with a sacred sheen. They coalesce and form into items of power that fly at the companions and within but a moment, gird themselves upon their new masters. Neshi opens his eyes and sees a thick crimson clerical cloak hanging from his shoulders and a wand at his belt, exuding the beauteous smell of fresh lotus flowers. He glances at his companions, resplendent in their newfangled magic.

He lifts his hands to heaven slowly and then lets loose a primal yell, "PRAISE HORAKHE, LORD OF VICTORY! PRAISE THE FALCONLORD! PRAISE THE SCARABSHIELD AND SUNSWORD! PRAISE HORUS-RE, LOTUS-BORN LORD OF VIRTUE AND VENGEANCE!”

Then, drained, he slumps and walks wearily back to his companions. There is nothing weary about the beaming grin on his face, however as he goes amongst them, patting their backs affectionately and encouraging them to join him in praising both Torm and Horus-Re.

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-05, 10:45 AM
((OOC! Disclaimer: The above post had nothing to do with in-game mechanics. My inner storyteller just ran rampant and told me to write that or else it'd blow my brains out.:smallbiggrin: :smallwink: ))

Grrth
2007-10-06, 08:13 AM
Nina:

"Go! Go!" screams Nina, with a quick glance behind her at the slavering mad-man.

She pushes and shoves the other in front of her and they collapse in a heap together on the far side. Turning, she gazes back inside.

"Neshi, you fool! Get out of there before the thing collapses on you!"

He draws her bow, preparing to attack any foul creature that happens to come towards the group.

bchilders
2007-10-06, 10:27 AM
At the sign of the spirits Tristan brandishes his holy symbol, "In the name of Oghma, father of all knowledge, I command you...begone." His hands tremble as the scene unfurls and he doesn't know if the fight will break out with the spirits or his new companion. For the first time ever Tristan wonders if his search for knowledge has taken him too far.

de-trick
2007-10-07, 05:17 PM
As neshi screams and the rest of the party start running you see a 13ft skeleton with 2 heads perk up Thou break in to thy confounds of the emperor

it gets a surprise round

and it smashes one of its large morningstars at neshi and another at yorrick
neshi's
[roll0]
[roll1]
yorrick
[roll2]
[roll3]

de-trick
2007-10-07, 05:18 PM
threat roll
[roll0]

Grrth
2007-10-07, 06:36 PM
((ooc: holy c**P!))
((ooc2: Are we still in the portal or did we get out?))

Nina:

"AAAAugh!" screams Nina, drawing her bow and shooting two arrows in rapid succession at the skeleton. "Unholy abomination! Get back to the grave where you belong!"

Let's do some rolling! :smallsmile:
Init: 1d20+3]
attack (when it's my turn, after the surprise roll)
first arrow attack: [roll0]
first arrow damage: [roll1]
using rapid shot feat, so
second arrow attack: [roll2]
second arrow damage: [roll3]

And if the skeleton's within 30 ft of Nina, add a +1 to both attacks/damage.
Hmm, methinks Nina shoulda gone shopping for that club I forgot to pick up! :smallannoyed:

Grrth
2007-10-07, 06:37 PM
((ooc: whoops! messed up my initiative :smallmad: ))

Initiative: [roll0]

((oh, the horror! [sigh] you'd think I'd be used to my terrible init rolls by now! :smallannoyed: ))

Methalor
2007-10-07, 07:32 PM
(OOC: Ooh, good stuff - I check in just in time for some combat - sorry for missing Neshi's freakout there... T'cha, I'm really falling behind roleplay-wise.)

((Combat Stuff:))

Maneuver #1: [roll1]
Maneuver #2: [roll2]

(Just a note for Derek, 10 of the 11 damage is in Yorrick's Steely Resolve pool. Also, love the new armor - saved me a critical there.)

[edit] Maneuvers are Douse the Flames and White Raven Tactics... Hm. With DR, it would have been nice to get Mountain Hammer.

The massive morningstar seemingly came out of nowhere, driving into Yorrick's chest. The warrior stumbled back, hand instinctively clutching at the plated metal covering his torso. The silvery, faintly glowing material was undented, the impeccable construction of the armor untarnished. Yorrick knew that the armor had saved him from a broken rib or two - the blow had struck true, and only the Council's magnificently-crafted gift had prevented serious damage.

As he staggered back, Yorrick called out to Neshi, "How fare you, Neshi? If you cannot fight, stand back and use the might of Horus-Re to cleanse our wounds! Do not act rashly, old friend."

His gaze turned back to the monstrous skeletal construct before him. He knew his injuries were not insignificant, but his mind could not focus on the pain. His blood began to boil, adrenaline surging through his veins. He could feel some mystical force pulsating throughout his body, the divine vestiges of some celestial power pushing him forwards. He knew not the source, but nor did he question it - there was only one thing to focus on, and that was the undead abomination before him.

bchilders
2007-10-07, 09:08 PM
OOC: How do you make spoiler tags?

Tristan takes a quick look at both of the warriors who were struck and when it seems neither were crucially injured he holds out his hand towards the skeleton and fires a ray of holy light towards it.

Ranged Touch: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Initiative: [roll2]

edit OOC: wow....pretty abysmal rolls

de-trick
2007-10-08, 01:13 AM
bchilds your ray hits your companion chuck who was right by you causing critacl damage to so 18 points

de-trick
2007-10-08, 01:20 AM
initive

[roll0]

when its turn
2 attacks on chuck
[roll1]
[roll2]
and
[roll3]
[roll4]

de-trick
2007-10-08, 01:22 AM
threat roll

[roll0]

ok
26 damage for critical

wingover gimble
2007-10-08, 01:29 AM
ok sorry about the inconvienence the holidays and family matters to attend to.

ok derek with the 26 points from the critical and the 9 points from the ray put me at -15...... Im dead. uh oh *@#&. Ummm well here uhh let em pm you for what i will do next.

As the gaint undead ettin swings towards chuck he looks to neshi and says, " Well it was bound to happen to us. RELEASE IT! release the demon-" as the weapon crushes his chest in and he grunts and falls to the ground dead.

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-08, 05:27 AM
OOC banter: Daaaaamn. We have a Curse of Criticals upon us, folks. Oh, and hey Gimble--- sorry.

Roll-related stuff: Yo. Neshi's been hit and is down to 21 hp! YEHEY! Whoo! Whaddaheck?! Did I suddenly turn masochistic? Ummm, probably not... but it's a milestone! He's actually been hit!

Anyhow!

Turning check! [roll0]
Will save! [roll1]
Concentration check! [roll2]

Ok, let's see how thigs roll... heh, pun...

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-08, 05:28 AM
Initiative roll: [roll0]

WHAMM!!

KRAGAKK!!

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a massive maul slams square into the center of Neshi's torso and not even his mosid'ar armour is able to deflect the blow. Such is the force of the blow that it sends the young templar flying backwards, slamming against a nearby pillar.

Sliding downwards, he gasps with the pain of the severe beating he has just suffered. Spitting blood, he winces as he swiftly examines himself and sees several circular puncture wounds where the ancient mace-spikes had punched through his armour.

Neshi wobbles onto his feet and

((To be contiued yet again! Sorry!))

Methalor
2007-10-08, 01:05 PM
Well... There's only Martin to roll initiative, and everyone else has gone, so I might as well go.

Oh, and the order, as I see it:

23 - Skeleton
9 - Nina (+3 mod)
9 - Yorrick (+1 mod)
9 - Nexus (no mod)
6 - Tristan

Now, time to attack:

Yorrick takes a 5-foot step forward to the skeleton. There must be 10 ft separating them, as otherwise the skeleton wouldn't be able to reach. Now that he's within his own attack range, he'll power attack (-5 attack, +10 damage). He'll also initiate the Iron Guard's Glare Stance, giving the skeleton a -4 on attacks except against Yorrick. He'll use the Douse the Flames maneuver, supressing the skeleton's attack of opportunity for one round. Obviously, he can't use the Merciful property of his greatsword. Oh, and Furious Counterstrike adds +2 damage / +2 attack.

So, rolls:

Attack: [roll0]

Oh, and, Maneuver roll: [roll2]

[edit] Seriously, what's with the rolls on this forum? They come in streaks... Maybe we should use InvisibleCastle...

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-08, 09:05 PM
((Sorry, I forgot. It's my first time to turn undead... Turning Damage [roll0]))

Eruk
2007-10-08, 10:38 PM
Derek i finally got my account. I'm going to make an aasimar ranger. by the way I'm eruk. I'm derek's and wingover's friend. Derek is letting me play. im a first timer.

de-trick
2007-10-08, 11:49 PM
rob can u play a urdan ranger in unearthed arcana, so that your more rogue like and stay off nina's spot as tracker ranger person

wingover gimble
2007-10-09, 12:13 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

wingover gimble
2007-10-09, 12:15 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

de-trick
2007-10-10, 04:58 PM
for this round
nina hit it on second arrow but never got past Damage reduction
neshi failed turn check
yorrick hit it for 25 points of damge
tristan crital missed and hit chuck
chuck died

round 2

if u attacked with a melee weapon you are 5 feet from him if you cast a spell or fired a bow you are out of his range

first head drops his morningstar and attacks yorrick with a claw

[roll0]
[roll1]
the second attack is at neshi with the morningstar
[roll2]
[roll3]messed up -4 in total from damage

Eruk
2007-10-10, 05:07 PM
srry i lied man im going to be playing an azmier Battlesorccer:smallcool: hello to all ill be playing with

Methalor
2007-10-10, 06:38 PM
Actually, it's -4 from Attack Rolls, not -4 from damage... :smalltongue: I don't know what Neshi's armor class is normally, but, on an attack of 11, I doubt the bugger hit.

All right, let's attack again. This time using the Crusader's Strike maneuver, so I'll heal 1d6+5 damage if I hit. I guess I'll just heal myself, since I seem to be taking more damage. Same power attack routine with Furious Counterstrike as last time... So, +12 damage for -3 attack.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Maneuver Roll: [roll2]

[edit] Ooh! Just missed the critical... Not that it matters, considering it's undead. Looks like 24 damage this time... Next maneuver is Battle Leader's Charge, which is... kinda worthless at this point.

Bah, forgot to roll the healing. Next post, then.

Sorry for lack of roleplay other than the first post... I'm REALLY busy right now. 1 small exam tomorrow. 3 assignments due and a midterm on Friday... And then another assignment due and a midterm on Monday. And then another Midterm next Friday.

Methalor
2007-10-10, 06:42 PM
(( Healing Roll: [roll0] ))

Grrth
2007-10-10, 07:56 PM
Fitting two more arrows in quick succession, Nina fires again!

Maybe if I distract him long enough, she thinks, the others can get in to do some damage!

(I'm going to assume I'm within 30' then and include that bonus in my rolls.
Hey! Duh, I just realized this guy was undead! More damage for me!
first arrow attack: [roll0]
first arrow damage: [roll1]
using rapid shot feat, so
second arrow attack: [roll2]
second arrow damage: [roll3]
((well, hmm, that could've been better ...:smallmad: :smalltongue: ))

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-11, 08:45 AM
[roll0] cast Deific Vengeance from Complete Divine

((story post under construction))

de-trick
2007-10-11, 04:02 PM
willsave from neshi

[roll0]
im guessing thats a pass so half damage of 8

bchilders
2007-10-12, 03:58 PM
Since his first attempt at an attack was a debacle Tristan with hold forth his holy symbol and try to turn undead.

Turn Check: [roll0]
Turn Damage: [roll1]

Methalor
2007-10-15, 02:43 PM
(( Hullo? Waiting on skeleton to smack Yorrick around a bit. ))

de-trick
2007-10-15, 04:42 PM
he hit you with a claw attack than hit neshi with a morning star

Methalor
2007-10-15, 05:07 PM
(( That was round 2... And I think we've all acted in round 2:

Nina shot at the bugger.
I put the smackdown on him.
Neshi blasted him
Tristan turned.

Martin seems to be out, and was ignored for the first round anyway... Oh, and Neshi wasn't hit, I think... The Iron Guard's Glare isn't -4 to damage, it's -4 to attack (except against Yorrick). Unless Neshi has 11 AC? I dunno, he could...

But, round 3, no? Big Mr. Skellington should be taking another few swings, methinks.

))

bchilders
2007-10-15, 09:41 PM
OOC: When anyone posts an action would they put their total HP at the top so I can keep track...if not I"ll guess you don't want to be healed :smallwink:

wingover gimble
2007-10-15, 10:33 PM
Go team go go team go! kill the undead!!!

Methalor
2007-10-16, 01:25 AM
(( OOC: Haha, okay. Yorrick'll shout IC when he needs a heal, but I'll post it anyway... He's at 45/56 HP, so nothing bad right now. He actually broke even HP-wise despite getting hit, since he's got limited healing ability through that Crusader's Strike maneuver. But this guy'll probably hit hard again, so we'll see...

And, yeah, go team!))

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-16, 08:08 AM
((Neshi's AC is a flat 20, btw... soooo... what's next?

Yip, make that thing more dead than it already is..., go, folks...))

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-16, 08:22 AM
((Just in case I won't be able to post tomorrow--- Neshi casts Spiritual Weapon [roll0] Attack [roll1]<<<magical force attack, ergo, not blocked by DR))

Methalor
2007-10-16, 10:28 AM
(( OOC: [cut, whoops]

I'd post my own action, but one of my class features depends on how much damage is dealt to me. Ergo, can't really do anything.))

de-trick
2007-10-16, 03:58 PM
for yorrick
[roll0]
[roll1]
than drop other morning star and attack yorrick again'
[roll2]
[roll3]

Methalor
2007-10-16, 05:13 PM
(( Ack, made a mistake.

Not going to power attack as much, 'cause I think we're coming close to taking him down and I want to be sure of a hit. So, +9 attack and +19 damage.

Attack: [roll0]

Maneuver: [roll2]
))

"Hah." snarled Yorrick at the mindless skeletal construct, "For such wicked-looking claws, you can hardly scratch me. Perhaps you should have stuck to the weapons, you worthless heap."

"It's time to avenge our fallen comrade!" he shouted to the group, "For Chuck, may his fighting spirit never die!" With that, he launched himself towards the skeleton, bringing his greatsword down with a mighty blow.

(( Yeah, it's lame, but there isn't much to say. ))

de-trick
2007-10-16, 06:21 PM
and its dead

Eruk
2007-10-17, 04:32 PM
derek i love cheese :smallamused:

wingover gimble
2007-10-17, 08:36 PM
It is really important
we should all love cheese

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-18, 12:23 AM
As Yorrick's huge blade smashes through the undead mostrosity, crashing through the ribcage and splitting the spine, Neshi feels a stabbing, throbbing pain in his head. The divine khopesh that he had summoned pauses in its hacking at the twin skulls, wavering in the air. Tendrils of white fire rise from its incorporeal blade.

Then, Neshi opens his eyes and does not see one skull of the Eker'sk topple from its neck, rent asunder, nor does he see the burnt and blackened bones dissolve into ash and dust. The dark-skinned templar does not see the Goblinsbane exact vengeance upon the twain-headed bone-fiend.

All he sees is a sea of scarlet sin. He opens his eyes with crimsoning vision, his fists clenched so tight on hilt and strap that he does not hear the blood dripping onto the catacomb's cold, hard floor nor does he feel the pain as gnarled black claws sprout from his fingers.

Yessss, grow weak, you do... O ye of little faith, LET ME OU... urrrkk...

*Smite Evil!*

Not so fast, O Lady of Chaos! *Smite Self!*

[roll0]

But then, he rallies and merely grunts in response to the pain of the divine blade searing through his flesh before it sizzles away into motes of sun-mist. He hears a something scuttling away, writhing in unhallowed pain deep in the abyss of his heart and he smiles grimly.

He opens his eyes once more, the irises their normal shade of grey and says to his comrades, "Praise Horakhe, Lord of Virtue and Vengeance! Come, comrades, let us carry our fallen friend to the sea of sand and there him bury once the forsaken fane has been purified"

Looking at the catatonic Martin, Neshi adds, meeting Tristan's gaze, "Master Gamaliel, wouldst ye kindly see to the mage over yonder? Methinks he has fallen under some sort of trance or stupour..."

bchilders
2007-10-18, 07:57 PM
OOC: Who's Martin...I've never met that one

Tristan moves over to Martin looking him over to decide what is ailing him.

Heal: [roll0]

After checking on him he also asks if anyone needs any healing. He is rather persistant, feeling bad after helping in the demise of a party member in his first fight.

Methalor
2007-10-18, 08:43 PM
As the undead monstrosity crumbled under the force of his blow, Yorrick's adrenaline-fueled strength quickly faded. He became acutely aware of his own wounds, each scratch, cut, and bruise forming a tapestry across his body. The pounding of his heart slowly stabilized as he sheathed his greatsword into the scabbard girded to his waist. Despite the effort expended, he did not feel exhausted; merely momentarily drained. But something, something bothered him. He felt like he had... forgotten something.

As the pace of his breath returned to a normal level, he turned to Neshi to see how his fellow front-line warrior was faring. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted something strange; the dark-skinned warrior turned the summoned weapon on himself! Yorrick felt a hollow in his stomach as he watched his comrade attack himself; something was wrong, very wrong. As Neshi shook off his self-inflicted wound, Yorrick could not hear the words he spoke. All he could do was stare at the warrior-priest. The man's fragile sanity, which had exploded in a fit of fury in the council chamber, was starting to crack. This much, Yorrick was sure of.

Neshi... The strange, inexplicable feeling of kinship he had once felt with the strange man was rapidly falling apart. There was a darker presence there; it felt like Neshi was barely recognizable anymore. Bouts of insanity seemed to plague the man. Yorrick was rapidly losing comfort with having this man at his back... He felt like he once knew Neshi, but it seemed far in the past now. As if they had once been close, but now followed different paths. He would need to talk to Chuck about this; he felt he could not yet trust the newcomers enough. Perhaps Neshi's sanity was too fragile to lead them now, his reliability suspect.

The nagging feeling returned. He felt he was forgetting something...

"Chuck!" he shouted out, memory of the skeletal giant's massive blow returning to his memory. Spotting the little gnome, he ran towards where he lay. Kneeling down, he lifted up the small body - nay, not body, but corpse. The life was gone from the little monk, his spirit now departed. "Hopefully..." thought Yorrick, "To a better place."

When Tristan came to ask if Yorrick needed healing, he still sat there numbly, staring at the small corpse. "Aye. Could use it." he replied to the priest, voice devoid of any emotion. He just stared at Chuck, a tear for his fallen comrade stealthily descending down his weather-worn cheek.

de-trick
2007-10-18, 09:15 PM
martin I'm not sure if hes on anymore so kind of answers that

when you do go through the portal you enter a sea of sand a baron wasteland you are hit by a sudden heat that all but neshi are fatigued you can only see sand and the horizon, until you spot a 2 figures a little away, the time is the afternoon, the portal disappears when the last person goes through

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-19, 06:46 AM
[roll0] Listen [roll1] Spot [roll2] Diplomacy

In the distance, dust-devils dance across the dunes, sending up storms of swirling sand. From the shadows of the dunes, there waft the glorious smells of growing cacti.

Ever and anon amongst the eddies of the wind-whipped desert there gleams the sinister white of the bleached bones of men who wandered the wastes without water. By the drifting hairs from seared hides, one could discern the carcasses of camels that lost their way and of other stranger beasts.

Neshi grins wildly at the wasteland, not even bothering to shield his eyes from the harsh glare of the sun. His once-alabaster teeth, now seem feral--- pointed and yellowed… yet seemingly he knows not or he cares not. The claws of the desert wind caress his face, making his newly-grown lion’s mane shake and whirr.

The man from Mulhorand then lets go of his plundered morningstar into the soft sand and reverently lays down the oh-so precious burden of the bodies of the two fallen comrades, Chuck and Martin. He drops to the dirt, cups the sand in his hands and lets it fall through his fingers slowly. Home, home, home! Horakhe be praised, no more cold! I'm hooome!

He turns to his comrades and proudly says with open arms, "Welcome, dear friends, to the Red Land of Mulhorand, my home of old!"

Seeing their discomfiture at the pounding, searing heat of a noontide desert sun, he digs in his worn pack and hands to them his old burnooses, veils, robes and cloaks. The weather-beaten clothes flap in the desert wind, giving Neshi the appearance of a dun-winged spirit of the waste, not unlike the djinn-folk. "Come comrades, take these. Such raiment is essential to any who seek to brave the sea of sand. Aye, and ye who have thy waterskins--- I highly advise ye to drink deeply therefrom yet spare some for the journey"

Neshi feels his sweat starting to bead and pop on his skin but he merely loosens the tunics and trousers that he wears. For thy sake, beloved Daiyanissa, these clothes I shall but doff to wash.

His smile fades as he glances at the mangled corpses of their two valiant companions. He had had to wrap Martin's corpse tightly in several cloaks, making him look like a slipshod mummy. The mace-blow of the Eker'sk had utterly crushed Chuck's ribcage while the spikes on that accursed weapon had torn open the smaller warrior's abdomen, disemboweling him. Thus it is that the Horakhar priest was hard-put to embalm the oft-maligned yet well-liked companion.

He heaves a heavy sigh. Neshi hands the Eker'sk maul to Yorrick with the words, "There, comrade. Now, prepared shalt thou be for when foes to blade's keen edge are invinvible. Keep thy loot well and with their own weapon, avenge our comrades, aye?"

The warrior-priest then straps his trusty shield upon his forearm once more and slowly draws his khopesh. The brazen blade glints with golden glare as it comes free of its jewelled scabbard, the edge seeming to sing with the familiar heat of the desert.

Kneeling beside the bodies of the honoured dead, Neshi addresses his comrades and asks them, "Have ye any final words for these fallen heroes ere I commence the final rites to lay them to their justly earned eternal rest?"

The wind blows, keening across the boundless wastes once more. Neshi’s ears flick and his wrinkled nostrils flare wide at two new scents. “Thousand spiting camels!”, he swears. He then spins about and rises into a wary crouch, shield held before himself defensively, sword raised and cocked. “Beware, comrades! Gaze ye yond, strangers approach!”

He inhales deeply, calming himself. The templar gazes intently at the approaching strangers and, discerning that they are neither fiends nor brigands, he relaxes ever so slightly. Slowly, he straightens and stands to his full height. Neshi lowers his shield a mite, then waves his sword in the air in token of greeting.

He whispers “Ie’r f’ohr kai” and the red flames wreathe the curving blade of the sickle-sword--- all the better for his signal to be seen. Neshi shouts a greeting to the two shadowed figures who approach the position of the companions. “Hail to thee, fellow pilgrims! I greet thee in the mighty name of Horus-Re! What bringest thy steps hither, if bold we make to ask?”

((to be cont'd) DONE!

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-20, 10:58 AM
((OOC: Yo, chief! I took the liberty of looting one of the morningstars just in case we meet more pierce/slash resistant foes. Oh, and if'n I ain't mistaken, those two in the distance are the characters of Gimble and Eruk, right?))

de-trick
2007-10-20, 11:50 AM
yes they are

yes and remember that the morning star if large so you take a -4 if you are not large when wielding it

wingover gimble
2007-10-20, 02:12 PM
Looking out to the new arrivals who seemingly popped out of nowhere he looks to his brother and says, "Well lets go meet these people. Its bad enough that those mercanaries havent given us a break until we hit this stupid desert. Who knows maybe these people can help us find our sister we are looking for. Waiting for his brother he mearly waves his hand towards the other group but keeps his hand on his sword just in case they prove to be hostile. "Stay alert they may be a threat to us. Our celestial heritage doesn't get us far.

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-20, 09:29 PM
yes they are

yes and remember that the morning star if large so you take a -4 if you are not large when wielding it

((Ain't usin' it. Good ol' tankma Yorrick is.))

Grrth
2007-10-20, 10:12 PM
Nina:

Cursing the bright sunlight, the sand, the heat, and the stupidity of a man who surely ought to know better, hailing unknown strangers in a land as desolate as her worst nightmares. She held the strange garment pinched between two fingers, dropping it into the sand with a sniff of distaste, training her bow upon the strangers. Where her arrows did little against the undead, here they would do better.

"Let us not show weakness to these that are unknown," she says to Tristan and Yorrick. "Why they should also be wandering this waste, just happening upon us is a coincidence I don't know that I trust, especially after ... that. Be on your guard."

She throws Neshi a distrustful glance, muttering, "Madmen," under her breath.

bchilders
2007-10-21, 11:09 AM
Tristan stays queit all through the aftermath of the battle. When Yorrick asks for healing he obliges silently and doesn't help with the embalming at all. The earlier excitement of going on an adventure was replaced with an emptiness after seeing death and mistakingly helping to bring down a companion. The fact that no one else in the group had said anything about it only helped to deepen the darkness he was falling into.

Tristan hardly notices the harshness of the desert trapped as he is in his own self criticism. He only vaguely comes out of it to realize that two stranger are approaching them and he tenses nervously hoping not to participate in another fight so quickly.

Cast cure serious on Yorrick: [rol]2d8+5[/roll]

bchilders
2007-10-21, 11:10 AM
Sorry forgot an 'l':

[roll0]

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-21, 12:15 PM
Maaan... the way Neshi's been acting, I fear he might soon be slipping into TN then plunging into CE...

Also, have any of ye watched The Mummy Returns? Although I despise that film in certain aspects, it is still quite entertaining. Ah, did y'all spot an image of Neshi in there? I'll be rigging some IC (possibly merely superficial but maybe not, with DM fiat) transformations once more... Remember those black, Anubis-headed creatures there?

Ayup. :smallamused:

[roll0]

"Trust not, if so ye will, milady..." Neshi says over his shoulder to Nina. "Neither do I... but do they look..."

His words are cut off when his nostrils flare once more as he sniffs the drifting scents of the newcomers. Suddenly he hunches back into a crouch and a touch of crimson tinges his eyes. His lips curl back in a feral snarl, baring two-inch fangs.

The fires on the templar's sword sizzle and a black fume seethes from the blood-runnel of the ancient blade. Neshi, or rather, the shard of Sekhmet within Neshi, growls and hisses. "Ghssss-kaaa! They have the taint of the high heavens upon them! This holiess sickens me, yesss, it doesss... They are sons of the GODS and thus they must DIE!"

In his eyes there then flares a sapphire flame and Neshi continues talking to himself, seemingly--- now in a voice high and holy. "No more than your unhallowed taint sickens me, elder sister. You are a blight upon the heart of my beloved and you should have been burned to the deepest depths of the Abyss and beyond a thousand years ago!"

His voice shifts again, this time seemingly detached and ethereal. "Shut. Up. Both of ye shut up. Nina's right. We must..."

And then his voice reverts back to its true tone, taking up where the last unearthly voice had left off. "...make ready to receive them. Tristan! Front and center, hold the line with spell and shield, man. Yorrick, like ol' times--- far right flank, be ready t'smash the wings! Nina, follow my lead and cover the left flank. Move it, troop!"

With a grim countenance and sincere gaze, the templar turns to the ranger of the golden locks and says to her, "Lady Ninaste, I beg of thee in the name of all that is holy, shoot me in the back if I sieze up again with possession. I offer thee the thousand thanks of a doomed man if it comes to that"

With that, Neshi heads off and scuttles down the dune towards the left of the newcomers, shield raised, sword ready. Once they get within a better hailing distance, he shouts out once more, "HAIL, FELLOW TRAVELERS!"

Every step that he takes makes his suit of armour chafe all the more against the still-open wounds that he had sustained in the earlier battle. He feels the blood trickling down his legs and feels a certain perverse pleasure in that pain, hearkening back to the taste of ambrosiac essence of blood and flesh in an age before time was reckoned.

NEshi shakes his head in disgust at such abhorrently sinful thoughts and, knowing full well the risks, extinguishes the fires of his blade and stabs it into the ground. He takes a couple of steps away from the still-quivering hilt and spreads his arms in a gesture of peace.

He hails the strangers once more and says, "We come in peace and seek parley. Come forth, fellow pilgrims, declare thy intentions and allegiances"

Eruk
2007-10-21, 10:37 PM
Well brother if that one who's raised his sword is looking for a fight i'll bring him one but we should question him about our sister first. we'll play it peaceful. Remember if they are good of heart they will have trouble killing two aasimars. As Kazz pulls out his long sword he says Friend or foe.

wingover gimble
2007-10-21, 10:47 PM
when he seen the one man yelling at his party with instructions then he seen him move up.
Listen check [roll0]

Alright brother. HEY YOU THERE! HAVE YOU HEARD OF A PALADIN BY THE NAME OF DAIYANISSA? IF YOU HAVE PLEASE TELL US WE WISH YOU NO FIGHT BUT WE WILL IF YOU PRESS US. PLEASE WE ARE TRYING TO FIND OUR SISTER. looking at the black skinned human expectantly.

Methalor
2007-10-22, 01:31 AM
(( Hey guys, TOTALLY forgot to tell you I was gonna be away all weekend. Whoops? I'll catch up tomorrow, I am hella tired. ))

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-22, 11:13 AM
((What weekend? There was a weekend? :smallbiggrin: ))

Neshi sheathes his sword and slings his shield onto his back. The templar walks towards the newcomers with his hands in the air in gesture of peaceful intentions.

He strides up to the two men who seem possessed of a certain otherworldly grace and then remembers what Sekhmet had smelled--- the "taint of the heavens". When he comes within ten feet of them, he calls out to his comrades behind and beside him, "Stand ready to deliver, troop, but 'tis a parley--- so be not overeager unto the fray"

Neshi closes the distance between his company and the two "sons of the gods" when he hears the words of one of them... saying that they are the brothers of his beloved lady, Daiyanissa... These words had bearely sunk in when his head suddenly throbs with a massive headache.

The templar's breathing becomes laboured, his steps leaden, his smile forced through grit teeth. He extends one trembling hand for them to shake but then convulsively takes it back. He asks with quivering, lowering brow as one hand trembles toward his shield and the other to his hilt, "What surety canst thou give, that true thou knowest milady fairest, Daiyanissa of old? How do ye assure us of thy kinship with her?"

Neshi grunts and groans with the growing pain in his head but he endures the agony with a quivering smile. "OhdearHorusmakethepainstop! W-well, whatsay thee, strangers bold, ye bloody sons of the gods? My company and I cometh in peace do come in peace to those who likewise bear themselves yet come for war--- war against the servants of Set. Speak thy piece, strangers, divulge thy names and mayhap allies we can become against the coming tide of darkness... and friends beside, if so fare we in the winds of fate"

Grrth
2007-10-22, 03:08 PM
Nina:

With a grim countenance and sincere gaze, the templar turns to the ranger of the golden locks and says to her, "Lady Ninaste, I beg of thee in the name of all that is holy, shoot me in the back if I sieze up again with possession. I offer thee the thousand thanks of a doomed man if it comes to that."

((definitely no prompting needed there! :smalltongue: ))

Nina keeps her bow, arrow notched, aimed at Neshi's back as he moves towards the strangers. Who's Daiyanissa? she wonders.

When she sees Neshi starting to do his thing again, she hollers at Tristan to go to Neshi's aid. "For pete's sake, stop him so I don't have to shoot him!"

bchilders
2007-10-22, 09:03 PM
Tristan in his current stupor barely hears the words of those around him. When Nina yells at him to aid Neshi he start watching to see if there is anything he can do, silently saying a prayer to Oghma to grant him the knowledge needed to do what he must.

wingover gimble
2007-10-22, 11:32 PM
Looking oddly at neshi's hand as he withdraws it. Then looks to the archer and back.We come in peace. so you do know of our sister? The proof we have is but our word of honor of our celestial heritage for we are the descendants of raziel the demon slayer, the crusader what ever you wish to call him. He is the one who leads the blood war upon the abyss. We are looking for her because of a "little" mishap. Please we will stay the night with you we only wish to know of our sister. We heard she joined a group of adventurers.

Eruk
2007-10-22, 11:37 PM
as kaz bends down to pick up some sand he slowly lets it slither away to blow away in the wind and asks Neshi,"Why do you need assurance of our sister? Do you know of her were abouts? Kaz then stands up and looks towards his brother and says,"I don't see why we should talk about our mishap at this time. It seems quite unnecessary.

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-23, 12:20 AM
"How in the bloody blighted bleeding blasted blazes are we to trust ye if'n ye give no proof of how 'tis that ye claim kinship?! Ye and milady Daiyanissa look naught alike!" Neshi snaps at them.

The dark-skinned templar buries his hands in his mane and massages a burning brain. "Yes. We. Were. Her. Comrades. In. That. Ad-ven-tur-ing. Party." He says through grit teeth.

His breathing becomes heavier yet ragged. His face contorts in a paroxysm of pain. His eyes dilate incredibly, his irises almost become lost in sudden minuteness.

"ARRRGGH!" He finally screams, the walls of his soul crumbling slowly yet surely. He stumbles off, reelnig like a drunken man, clutching his head and his whole body shaking hither and yon. "GAAAGH! YORRRICK! GODS'SAKES, TELL THEM! CAUTION BE DAMNED, TELLLL THEM!"

Neshi falls into the dust, his legs still kicking. One hand twitches deggedly towards his pack and withdraws the vial that Daiyaissa had once given him. The gauntlet sigil of Torm glistens, engraved, on its surface. The crystal clear water within sparkles with holiness.

He shudders as he sips therefrom, careful to cork it swiftly thereafter. Verily, black smoke rises from Neshi's eyes, nose and ears...

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-23, 02:09 AM
...and then he stands, wobbles on his feet and sits down hard once more. With his face buried in his hands, he says, "Tristan, Nina, stand down. Yorrick, lower thy blade and I beg of thee to speak in my stead--- my Curse doth wax much"

Looking at the two unearthly brothers, Neshi snarls, "Much we have to speak of, regarding thy... sister. Give us thy names that we may not banter here 'til we all collapse of sun-fever"

His hand closes on his holy symbol and smoke sizzles from his hand. His breath comes shallowly until he masters himself.

He meets the brothers' gaze and says steadily, "Hail to thee once more. The hulking warrior yonder is Yorrick Goblinsbane, a sage of the sword. The bespectacled fellow over there is the eminent Tristan Gamaliel, a priest of Light and a scholar without peer. Here behind me is a maiden of the woods, the lady Ninaste, bard of the bowstring"

Bowing low, he continues with the introductions, "And I am Neshi of Nimlot's Nome, former Captain of the Guard of Ancient Efer-nim. I am a warrior-priest of Horus-Re, Son of the Sun's Scion and the last templar Lightbringer of the Sanctum of Sekhmet. As ye have witnessed, I am afflicted with a curse... a curse of many spirit-shards that plague my soul. I beg thy pardon for having almost lost myself to a seizure of possession before thee"

Eruk
2007-10-23, 11:52 AM
im sorry friend i dont understand what you mean are you saying there is a fiend possesing you? Kazz gives his brother a starnge look then looks to nishi i am Kazz me and my brother here are looking for are sister please i must know if you have seen her or know of her where abouts we have matters we must discuss

bchilders
2007-10-23, 05:55 PM
Tristan can't help but feel pain for the brothers because of what he already knows. He looks over to Neshi and says, "They need to know, tell them about their sister."

wingover gimble
2007-10-23, 10:42 PM
Looking at Neshi holding back and holding a vial of torms holy water he knew his sister was here. What?!... Uh afflicted with curse? Possession? By god man what have you done to her. Looking very angry at neshi then to the man named yorrick who seemed to be a brother in arms. Stregthening the grip on his sword looking cautiosly at neshi and his convulsions.

Saying in a strong voice that could only belong to something of the heavens I am Lord Adoril. We have traveled far. Never would i thought my sister would travel with a possessed man unless she meant to heal his soul from this fiend. My sister was a paladin of Torm and she rode on a horse she named herself. She was strict by the law but always good intentions. If you people did anything to hurt her im sorry but i can only contain my brother for so long. I'm not the oh so dangerous one.

Looking to the cleric with glasses he asks,"Please by the gods themselves what has happened to my beloved sister? Some things have happened and our family is in danger. Looking to the heat then looking to his magically enchanted amour seeming fine but then to his brother who could only make it so long he says,"We shall find a place in the shade were the sun of lathender cannot be so cruel.

Eruk
2007-10-24, 11:49 AM
Kazz gets a very frustrated and confused look on his face and says with a vioce thats holding back anger and utter confusion at the same time I...I..dont understand what is MY sister doing with a..a.. Possesed Person I...mean she was a Paladin IN the name of RAZIAL i just want to know Where SHE IS...

Kazz breathing heavy and staring blankly at the ground he mutters a few words. The wind picks up and starts blowing the sand around him He picks his head up and looks to his brother and says "never mind the shade brother I well get anwsers even if i stand here all eternity" kazz quickly looks to nishi and stares at him right in the eyes and in a vioce of utter anger and frustration says" listen here and listen good she is my sister...my word is all the proof you need.... and seeing as you want proof that we are her brothers.. YOU must know her where abouts KNOW please i Beg of you TELL US WHERE SHE IS .... FOR WE ARE IN DANGER AND NEED HER WISDOM... KNOW SPEAK!!...

Grrth
2007-10-24, 03:42 PM
Nina:

Oh, the paladin woman. She winces in sorrow, lowering her bow, though she leaves arrow nocked.

"Lord Adoril," Nina bows her head to him courteously and approaches to an easier talking distance. "Your sister befell much ill on this journey and it was only due to this warrior that worse was not unleashed onto the world. This will be a long story. Will you sit with us? Make camp? There is much to discuss."

de-trick
2007-10-24, 04:27 PM
the winds suddenly pick up and the sands begin to fly into your faces then you can barely see a yard away from you
(sandstorm)

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-24, 10:55 PM
Neshi casts Nimbus of Light and waves his sword aroud with the flaming activated--- all the batter for him to be seen in the gloom. Heh, it may be seen as a waste of a "good" attack spell, but he ain't all that good with rays.

Walls of howling, shrieking wind suddenly spring up from nowhere and batter the hapless companions. The heavier grains of sand slash forth like vicious claws of the waste while their lighter brethren whirl in a blinding maelstrom, blotting out the light of the sun, turning near-noontide into deepest darkness.

Something snaps within Neshi and he spits out sand and calls out with a voice seemingly magified by the teeth of the storm. He rips out his khopesh, its blade buring bright and waves it in the air. "RALLY TO ME! COVER THY FACES--- EYES NOSE AND MOUTH! COVER UP LEST YE CHOKE TO DEATH!"

He whips out his old burnoose and hastily ties it about his head. Once the familiar fabric heaves with his breath, he sighs heavily with relief.

His brow darkens, however, when he sees his comrades stumbling in the sands, groping in the darkness. Neshi slashes at the storm with his flaming sword, leaving trails of fire in its wake inthe pattern of the Sign of the Falcon. He lifts his voice in prayer and raises his hands to heaven in a plea for divine aid. "The hand of Set is upon us but the light of Re is with us. I beseech thee, milord Horus, shine hither thy eye of light and hope, lead us to where we need to be! This I pray in thy mighty name, so mote it be!"

Upon the last syllable of the invocation, a flare of hallowed radiance bursts from Neshi's holy symbol, from the very Eye of the Falcon. It is a wholesame and hallowed light of gold and white and it suffuses the templar's body, making him glow like a beacon in the darkness.

Neshi's mouth is all the while agape in a silent scream of pain as black smoke--- unseen to all but the most hardy of eyes--- rises therefrom. At last he comes to grips with the pain but is not able to conquer it. He works his jaw and spits a glob of blood and sand from his throat.

He draws a deep breath to call out once more. "SAFETY IN UNITY, SAFETY IN NUMBERS!..." Suddenly, his voice acquires a feminine pitch and an ethereal timbre just as the glowing of his form flares higher with golden glory. "RALLY TO ME! KEEP THY FACES COVERED, WALK ARM-IN-ARM! THEY WHO STUMBLE ARE LOST AND DAMNED TO DARKNESS ETERNAL!"[/B]

And then, Neshi's eyes flash a hue of deep piercing blue and he, or rather, she speaks in a voice fierce of joy but not lacking in grief most profound. [B]"MY BROTHERS! IS IT REALLY YOU?" With no further warning, he envelops the two sons of the gods in a rib-cracking embrace.

Eruk
2007-10-25, 12:24 PM
Kazz graves his brothers arms and lock them to his with all his strength not to let go. With his other arm he locks on to nishi as tight as he can... trying to talk to his sister he but at the same time trying not to get sand in his mouth mumbles under his breath "si..st..er I....I..I am so...lost...right....now.....ple...ase.....I....I. ...Dont unde...rstand...what.....curse.....has....befell.. .upon...you....who....did...this...to you...."

at that Kazz holds his locked arm on to his brothers so hard one wuld think his cutting the blood flow off...

wingover gimble
2007-10-25, 09:13 PM
Locking his brother's arm in his with all his strength then looking to neshi he sees a strange look that was not there before. looking through his perfectly clear white eyes he shouts,"What Magic is this sister? Damn this wind!! where are you? we shall come and get you from the very mountains of Celestia or even the holy lands of torm himself we will find you. I swear upon my honor!

Looking to everyone else he sees the party start to from to him and his brother. In a strong bellowing voice (if you have knowledge the planes or religion its easily identified as a trumpet archons heritage in him). Everyone link your arms this sand is a tough one. Ones with not much strength link with the fighters and the warriors of the group. We need to find cover or else we'll be burned badly or if its really really bad we could be buried.

Looking back at his family he has found, "A kingdom is after us we need your wisdom now. Were can we find you or save you? Brother make sure you cover your eyes last thing we need you now is blind.as he lowers his helmet so his face is completely shielded.

Grrth
2007-10-25, 10:00 PM
Nina:

Shrieking as sand scalds her skin, Nina hastily unstrings her bow and packs everything away, fumbling about in the sand for that weird cloth-thing Neshi had given her earlier, to wind the fabric about her face.

She'll grab hands with Tristan and Yorrick and hope whatever is possessing Neshi at least knows how to shelter from the sandy tornado all around them.

Methalor
2007-10-26, 12:00 AM
(OOC: Sorry, I don't have a chance to post just yet, but Yorrick's been separated from the group. More on that will be written later. Tomorrow.)

Eruk
2007-10-26, 11:37 AM
Kazz yells so his sister can hear him and says "SISTER I PROMISE YOU. WE WELL FIND YOU I WELL GO TO THE GATES OF HELL AND FARTHER JUST TO GET YOU...AND IF ANYONE HARMS YOU I THEY WELL FALL BY MY SWORD AND BY MY MIGHT."

Kazz then says to his brother" BROTHER I AGREE WE NEED TO FIND SHELTER BEFORE WE GET BURIED ALIVE... LETS MOVE OUT

bchilders
2007-10-26, 12:43 PM
Tristan huddles in tight with the others and fastens the cloth around his face. He grunts his agreement on finding somewhere safe from this storm when it is suggested.

OOC: Sorry so short...I'm at work right now

Eruk
2007-10-26, 02:53 PM
(OOC: just so u know because i dident have time to describe my apperance to you guys my character has peral eyes in other words no pupal my eyes are just white and i have feathers on my shoulders......also what wingover said a knowlage: plains or religion revals that we are trumpet archon in us. thanks)

de-trick
2007-10-26, 03:54 PM
make a fort save please all medium people

everyone takes
[roll0] nonlethal

fear my 1 piont of damage

bchilders
2007-10-26, 05:30 PM
Tristan looks over the two new companions as he huddles away from the searing wind.

Knowledge Religion:[rol]1d20+12[/roll]
Fort Save:[roll0]

bchilders
2007-10-26, 05:31 PM
OOC: Sorry forgot a L in my knowledge check

[roll0]

Eruk
2007-10-27, 03:59 PM
[roll0]

this is my fort save

Grrth
2007-10-27, 04:23 PM
Fort save for Nina: [roll0]

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-28, 10:56 AM
[roll0] Fort save

de-trick
2007-10-28, 10:09 PM
so far everyone but Tristan passes

Tristan you fall over from the wind, sand and heat

nexus nice avatar

wingover gimble
2007-10-28, 10:37 PM
Okay fort save.
[roll0]

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-28, 11:00 PM
((cast Endure Elements on Tristan, hopefully provoking a renewed save and Protection from Evil on Nina

[roll0] Survival--- for, allegedly, nature endurance

[roll1] Knowledge Local and [roll2] Knowledge History--- I'll take the better roll to tell me where the heck to go to find the nearest structure/ruin/temple/tomb from a portal that leads to the Northern Lands.))

Neshi hisses as he sees Tristan's silhouette shudder in the storm of sand and fall in a heap. Clouting Kazz's head irritably with the back of his hand, he shrugs out of the aasimar's grip and rushes over to the fallen priest.

He holds him up firmly yet gently and peers at the man's face. With uncanny vision, he glimpses that he has succumbed to the sands and the heat--- his face is flushed with blood, his lips are cracked and parched, his eyes are coated with protective mucous.

Heaving up the fellow priest, Neshi places a hand over his forehead and pronounces, "Be well, in Horus' name". Part of the radiance that suffuses the dark-skinned templar softens then flows into the injured fellow. As his eyes flicker open, he thrusts both his waterskin and his patient into the arms of Nina and Yorrick, saying, "Keep him well".

((To be continued))

Eruk
2007-10-29, 12:10 PM
Kazz gives nishi one of the dirty'st looks his ever seen... then Kazz puts his face near his brothers ear and whispers

THIS IS FOR WINGOVER ONLY & de-trick

"I swear if he ever hits me again.. I will cut his head clean off and give him a traters grave.. who deos he think he is to smack an angel"

u looked anyways i knew you would

Grrth
2007-10-29, 01:01 PM
Nina:

Squinting at Neshi through the blowing sand, she shouts: "I've lost Yorrick! Don't know where he's gone!"

She takes Tristan, holding onto him fiercely and turning both their backs into the wind, to try and swallow as little sand as possible.

"Can't we get out of here?"

bchilders
2007-10-29, 05:15 PM
OOC: So did I go unconscious?

de-trick
2007-10-29, 05:36 PM
nexus to cast a spell you have to make a concentration check DC 16

wingover failed to dc was 18
you and Tristan faint

neshi there is suppose to be a temple to Horus here

Methalor
2007-10-29, 08:24 PM
(( Posting tonight, I think. Meanwhile, Fort save, although I'll be in a slightly different boat.
[roll0] ))

Eruk
2007-10-30, 10:26 AM
As the howling winds and the blowing sand hits against everything it possibly can Kazz wittneses his brother fall. It had seem to Kazz that his brother could not withstand the elements of nature as long as he could. "BROTHER Kazz screams!!!!!

Kazz falls to his knees so that he can shelter his brother from the blowing " hell storm" As Kazz is sheltering his brother he starts shaking him to get up "BROTHER GET UP YOU CANT LEAVE ME LIKE THIS ITS NOT YOUR TIME!! WE HAVE SO MUCH TO STILL DO IN THIS LIFE!!!

de-trick
2007-10-30, 05:27 PM
OK yorrick make a will save as you hear a beastly howl

also make a fortitude saveDC13 very important to pass death attack

if this hit your flatfooted ac you make the fortitude save

[roll0]
[roll1]

and a poison fort save to DC14
con damage
[roll2]

and sorry

Methalor
2007-10-30, 06:20 PM
Fort Save: [roll0]

OOC: Well, I guess that's my exit. Adios!

Alrighty, I was wrong.

Methalor
2007-10-30, 06:33 PM
Will Save: [roll0]

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-31, 11:39 AM
[roll0] Concentration check for Endure Elements on Tristan
[roll1] Concentration check for Protection from Evil on Nina<<<:smallfrown: Sorry.
[roll2] Concentration check for using a scroll of Sound Burst on the marrulurk, with blast epicenter a bit away to avoid friendly fire on Yorrick. The blighter must succeed at a Fort save, DC 16 or else become stunned.
[roll3] Sound Burst damage

Neshi's lips peel back in a feral snarl and he roars back at the stalker in the sand. The cursed templar closes his now-slit-pupilled eyes and the crystal-blue light therein fades away into shadows infernal.

He opens both eyes and jaws wide, heedless of the sand. He feels the wind stinging his throat, the sand scoring his fangs and the storm maknig his eyes bleed. Neshi throws back his head and roars to the highest heavens as he bring as the blade of his sword slashing into the sand. "REVEAL THYSELF, UNHALLOWED HOLE! HARROW OF HORUS, TOMB OF JOMASH, REVEAL THYSELF!

He digs the curved blade deep then rips it out of the ground in a flurry of sand and stones. "SAND AND SHADE, STORM AND SHADOW, CEASE THY MADNESS, FOR THY MISTRESS IS COME"

At the instant the khopesh leaves the furrow it had made, this furrow grows in length and width and height. Lo!

The sea of sand is parted with a smite. Three miles high there sudden sighs an uncanny calm, bereft of wind, bereft of sand, by lightning unmolested. Three fathoms deep there yawns an abyss new-born before it stretches and flattens out, forming a road smooth and well-paved.

This road leads to the open doors of a fane forgot and forsook. The weathered masonry has long sice bee scoured clean of paint and ornament but has held true through the ages. Beyond the entrance, to either side of the antechamber, there loom the gigantic silhouettes of granite-hewn obelisks... Neshi scowls at the grim irony of it all--- that obelisks symbolize the might of the rays of Ra and yet here they are, impotent as another tide of darkness arises in might.

The Sign of the Falcon adorns the doorframe in its ruined glory, defaced by vandals and heretics. Within, though the shadows and the stone beckon with the promise of shelter.

The templar sweeps his khopesh low, jabs in Yorrick's general direction, twirls the blade around his other comrades then lunges towards the temple's gates. He resumes his defensive stance against the unseen foe, just as his eyes revert to their natural grey. "Get ye all into the temple! Make haste, make haste!"

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-31, 12:54 PM
Neshi strides confidently towards Yorrick and pulls the man to his feet. He pats him on the shoulder then pushes him towards the others.

"Fret thou not, old friend. I shall give thee time", he says as the divine radiance around him shines all the brighter. "May Horus smile upon thee and fare thee well"

The templar keeps walking steadily towards where they had heard the roar of the Set'ar-si. He calls over his shoulder to his companions and shouts, "GET INTO THE TEMPLE SWIFTLY! THE WARDING OF THE ROAD SHALL NOT LAST LONG, IF FEAR!"

He lifts his shield up to protect his face against the battering of the whirlwind as he nears the edge of the wards his spirit-shard had erected. He gulps, makes the Sign of the Falcon then yells into the darkness, "Come unto me, ye son of a bitch! Come unto me, misbegotten son of Set and feel the wrath of Ra!"

Intimidation: [roll0]

de-trick
2007-10-31, 03:50 PM
nesh you cant do that opening a path because its under you guys

de-trick
2007-10-31, 04:01 PM
and initiative
[roll0]

Eruk
2007-10-31, 07:48 PM
(ooc: ok whos the dm because im starting to think nishi is? i thought it was de-trick)

wingover gimble
2007-10-31, 10:09 PM
Ok just to comment on roberts thing, here we go:
WHAT THE HELL! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! YOUR A PC! YOU CANT DO THINGS LIKE THAT! CLERICS HAVE LIMITS, EVERYONE HAS LIMITS! YOU DON'T SEE ME GOING ROUND AND CREATING CELESTIAL ARMIES APPEAR BECAUSE I WANT SOME WATER. SERIOUSLY! DEREK I SWEAR YOU WERE THE DM AND I KNOW YOU DIDN'T WANT ME TO KILL HIS CHARACTER BUT THIS IS GOING ON FOR FAR TOO LONG . DEREK TAKE A STAND AND BECOME A DM.

Miraqariftsky
2007-11-01, 08:07 AM
First of all, I am sincerely sorry to have overstepped my bounds. I was merely acting that way to give the text more flavour.

Offering truce, compromise and rewrite of post. Discussion/negotiation with DM is under way by PM.

Oh, and Gimble, I've half a mind to not care if you do kill Neshi. Go ahead. Daiy... is gone. I forgive you and hope that you can forgive me.

Grrth
2007-11-01, 11:24 AM
um, this is really not the place to be having that discussion. Message each other, don't leave hate mail out for everyone in the world to see. We've all gone over the top a time or two, let's try and be civilized here.

Now, I realize I've missed something. There was a fort save for the sandstorm, what's the second one for? Do we all need to save against that or just Yorrick? And what inititiative? According to one of de-trick's posts, there's a temple around here for shelter. We shouldn't be battling, we should be fleeing, especially with two of our party members unconscious and I thought Methalor said that Yorrick was lost out in the sand somewhere?

What say we re-group in the temple, wherever it is, however we get there, and adjourn to an OOC thread or pms until we get this all sorted out?

bchilders
2007-11-01, 12:52 PM
Sounds good to me because can hardly follow what is going on

de-trick
2007-11-01, 04:12 PM
the sands wind stops dead the sands rest before you stands yorrick he is in a arch of a old tomb the door has the mark of the falcon, infront of 2 jackal headed creatures behind yorrick is a small jackal headed creature

OCC
Every one drop there beefs with each other. How can your characters be in a party when the players are always are in a disagreement. I'm sorry I'm not the most descriptive DM gimble knows that i only got a 60% in LA last year. If this fighting contues i will end this game. I am sorry to grrth and bchilds for being caught in the middle

Grrth
2007-11-02, 11:57 AM
Nina grabs Tristan under the arms and drags him towards Yorrick, yelling at the rest to hurry before the storm comes back. She's relieved to see that Yorrick's all right and will bite back her scathing retort for him leaving them all in the sand.

Men! They're never around when you need one!

Methalor
2007-11-02, 09:07 PM
The bone-curdling howl sent shivers down Yorrick's spine. Try as he might, he could not help but feel drained by the noise... His fatigued body felt further sapped of energy as he entered a state of pure exhaustion. He could hear the rapid pounding of his heart as it tried to withstand the weakening effect, he could feel the blood coursing through his veins, pumping madly throughout his body, trying to revitalize his failing strength. He could barely see in front of himself, the whirling eddies of the storm obscuring his vision with sand and grit. Dizziness overcame him for a second; he wavered, toppled forward, and then caught himself the instant before his balance gave out completely. He could remember a moment like this, somewhere, locked away in his imprisoned memories... He felt like he should be... at home in this vile storm. But this body, with his long blond hair flapping around madly in the winds, with his green-tinted eyes glazed over and half-open, this body, it could not take these storms. For a moment, he longed to be free of this body, for all its strength.

Suddenly, he heard a sound cut through the sand. Perhaps it was his companions? He had lost them in the sandstorm - he had been stumbling through the dunes, hopelessly lost, falling victim to his growing fatigue. But now, perhaps, they would be reunited. Hope surged in his heart for a moment, but was cut short... As an arrow thudded into his helm, narrowly missing one of the throbbing arteries in his neck. Startled, he jumped back, staying on guard for any more attacks. All was not friendly out in this storm, evidently... And he could barely walk without swaying. Indeed, his strength gave out momentarily again, and he lurched forward, his fall only stopped as he found a pillar to lean against.

His mind tried to cut through the slow reactions of his tired body, to take stock of the situation and to protect himself against his unknown foe. A second later, he came to a startling realization - he was leaning against a pillar! Before he could investigate further, the winds stopped dead, a deathly stillness coming over the entire area.

Suddenly, he could see his companions. And his attacker. A small, jackal-headed creature stood before him. Wasting not a breath on speaking to his companions, for he did not know if he had the energy, he instead focused on the enemy before him. Adrenaline started pumping through his weary body, giving him just enough energy to drive himself forward. He began to move as fast as he could towards the little creature who had dared to attack him, greatsword held before him, prepared to strike down his small foe.

(OOC:

Alright. Back on track, I hope?

Maneuver: [roll1]
Maneuver: [roll2]
)

Miraqariftsky
2007-11-03, 07:12 PM
Initiative [roll0]
Melee touch atttack with khopesh [roll1]
Trip check [roll2] (Str mod + khopesh trip bonus + opponent's small size)
Intimidate [roll3]

Edit: crappy rolls. Drop khopesh and draw sickle as free action.

Story post en route.

Methalor
2007-11-04, 04:32 PM
I say, Nexus, you do know that intimidation is a standard action, right? You can't intimidate and attack in the same round... There's always the Duel of Wills usage, but that's pre-initiative.

Grrth
2007-11-04, 05:08 PM
Nina will continue dragging Tristan closer to the temple? (or whatever it is) and attempt to revive the cleric. If she can do that, then she'll enter combat, if it's still going on.

gah! messed up my rolls, will add those below.

Grrth
2007-11-04, 05:14 PM
Nina's initiative: [roll0]

And, on my turn,

Nina uses her move action to drag Tristan, and then a heal check as a standard action: [roll1]

Will wait to see how that goes...

Eruk
2007-11-05, 03:57 PM
Kazz looks over his shoulder to see this jackel headed creature. Kazz draws his longsword and steps over his brother to protect him." If any one knows how to cast some heal spells or if anyone has any healing potions give and use them on that man over there.. he appears to be very beat up!!"

[roll0] initiative

bchilders
2007-11-05, 11:31 PM
OOC:Just wanted to let you know I'm still checking just waiting till I'm not unconscious

de-trick
2007-11-06, 04:50 PM
both who fell are constious now

de-trick
2007-11-06, 04:55 PM
nina 18
kazz 15
me 14
yorrick 9
neshi 6

Grrth
2007-11-06, 07:09 PM
Nina:

Ah! Well, in that case, Nina will move to within 30 ft of the creature and shoot.

atk: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

bchilders
2007-11-07, 08:03 PM
Tristan begins to come to and realizes there is a battle raging around him. He takes a moment to figure out what is going on.

Spot: [roll0]

Eruk
2007-11-07, 09:03 PM
Kazz gives his brother a hand getting up.

"look over there brother theres a jackel headed creture over there."

de-trick
2007-11-08, 12:32 PM
2 big jackeal headed creatures and 1 small sized jackeal headed creature attacking yorrick

wingover gimble
2007-11-08, 04:14 PM
initative [roll0]

Adoril rises and draws his sword and sheild and then looks at them going What the hell did you guys do? Hope this gets ugly:smallamused:

Methalor
2007-11-08, 09:57 PM
So, was that their move? Should I be posting my attack now? Are they within 20 ft?

de-trick
2007-11-09, 01:35 PM
{table="head"]| 1| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
a| W | W | W | J1 | J1 | | J2 | J2 | W | W | W | W
b | W | W| W | J1 | J1 | | J2| J2 | W | W| W | W
c | W | W | W| | | Y | | | W | W | W | W
d | W | W| W| | | j | | | | W | W | W | W
e
f
g
h | | | | T | E | N | A | K |
i

[/table]

not done but map
J1 J1 = big jackeal
J1 J1

J2 J2 = other big jackeal
J2 J2

j = small jackeal
Y=yorrick
N = neshi
K= kazz
A = Adoril
E= Nina
T=Tristan

DONE

bchilders
2007-11-09, 11:25 PM

Methalor
2007-11-10, 09:34 PM
((Once I have the full map, I'll be happy to post. :smallbiggrin: ))

de-trick
2007-11-14, 08:29 AM
OK done the map ready

de-trick
2007-11-14, 04:45 PM
wingover's guy
nina 18
kazz 15
me 14
yorrick 9
neshi 6
tristan 6

de-trick
2007-11-14, 04:51 PM
nina's attack was a miss
neshi you have a trip attack first from before

[roll0]
Its prone when its your turn

a| W | W | W | J1 | J1 | | J2 | J2 | W | W | W | W
b | W | W| W | J1 | J1 | | J2| J2 | W | W| W | W
d | W | W| W| | | j | | | | W | W | W | W
e | | | | | | N
f
g
h | | | | T | E | | A | K |
i

[/table]

J1 J1 = big jackeal
J1 J1

J2 J2 = other big jackeal
J2 J2

j = small jackeal
Y=yorrick
N = neshi
K= kazz
A = Adoril
E= Nina
T=Tristan

Grrth
2007-11-14, 09:57 PM
((All we need is someone with an S in their name and then we could be STEAK! :smallbiggrin: ))

ah-hem, anyway ... I'll just be waiting for my next turn, then, see who does what damage so I can turn a jackal into a pin-cushion ... hopefully!

:smallannoyed:

bchilders
2007-11-14, 10:12 PM
I'll wait for my turn and see if anyone needs healing or some buffing spells

Miraqariftsky
2007-11-15, 06:45 AM
Sorry for the inactivity. Start of semester, it is. Oh, and I thought the earlier trip attempt did not take because when the map first came up, it did not show Neshi adjacent to the smaller marru. I was mistaken... I have therefore deleted my two latest posts, seeing as they now have no coherence with the continuity.

Suddenly, at the sight of the three corrupted emissaries of Anubis, the otherworldly strength lent to Neshi drains from his veins like so much wine from an old skin. He gasps at the unheralded weakness then revels in the return of his own strength--- both of spirit and sinew.

Gazing across the field at three true misbegotten sons of Set, he charges forward and sweeps the backstabbing beast off its feet with the hook of his khopesh.

Neshi grins grimly at Yorrick and yells hoarsely, "Two more behind ye, comrade!"

de-trick
2007-11-19, 01:25 PM
a| W | W | W | | | | J2 | J2 | W | W | W | W
b | W | W| W | | | | J2| J2 | W | W| W | W
c | W | W | W| J1 | J1 | Y | | | W | W | W | W
d | W | W| W| J1 | J1 | j | | | | W | W | W | W
e | | | | | | N
f
g
h | | | | T | E | | A | K |
i

[/table]

J1 charges Neshi(with pounce)

1st.[roll0]
[roll1]

2nd.[roll2]
[roll3]

bite.[roll4]
[roll5]

J2 will power attack yorrick

[roll6]
[roll7](rolled a d2 instead of a d12)

de-trick
2007-11-19, 01:31 PM
chance of crital neshi second hit
[roll0]
if hit x2 damage

the reroll for yorrick
[roll1]

Grrth
2007-11-20, 10:41 AM
Nina:

Attacking J11!

1st arrow
damage: [roll1]

2nd arrow
attack: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

((so much for the pin-cushion, :smallsigh: ))

bchilders
2007-11-21, 04:05 PM
OOC: Did either of those hit Neshi or Yorrick?

de-trick
2007-11-21, 04:51 PM
not sure about yorrick but neshi is at -6

Eruk
2007-11-21, 08:10 PM
Kazz moves up to Nishi and then casts true strike on him and says to him " comrades should not fight each other but along side each other"

Miraqariftsky
2007-11-23, 09:13 AM
((Here goes something. [roll0]))

bchilders
2007-11-23, 05:08 PM
Tristan hurries over to Neshi and begins praying to Ohgma to spare him.

Casts Cure Serious: [roll0]

OOC: Pretty weak for 3d8!!!

Methalor
2007-11-23, 06:47 PM
((Hey guys, I dunno if you heard from wingover, but I was in a pretty intense period of exams there... I'm not done my term yet, but the workload is much lighter, so I'll be back. Recap, please? What's the plan here?))

Grrth
2007-11-24, 12:47 AM
OOC: I believe we're still fighting the jackal things. The little one has taken some damage, Neshi's prone (was unconscious but is now not dying) and I think the last map is still accurate.

Methalor
2007-11-24, 03:17 AM
As the sands cleared, Yorrick could see he was completely surrounded. The small jackal-headed creature was in front of him. Two towering creatures of similar stock as the small assassin surrounded him, threatening Yorrick with wicked-looking scimitars. His attention was immediately drawn to the larger creatures - to their powerful arms and legs, veins bulging as blood pumped rapidly throughout their bodies. Perhaps, perhaps if he wasn't so exhausted, he could have fought these creatures and won. But now? It appeared hopeless. His strength was depleted by the sands, his soul weakened by the terrible howl, his feet rendered clumsy by his exhaustion.

His comrade ran forward. Was his name Neshi? Yes, that sounded right... A warning? Ah, those fellows. He'd already seen them. He could only watch in horror as the creature pounced upon Neshi, rendering him unconscious with a mighty blow. His limbs felt barely strong enough to support him... What could he do?

He was so distracted by his comrade's injury that he never saw the scimitar coming down towards him. The cruel bite of the blade brought him back to reality as a vicious gash marred his forehead, Yorrick barely reacting in time to avoid more grievous injury.

As the pain intensified, the familiar adrenaline of battle began to surge through him, aleviating some of the pain and exhaustion, energizing his limbs somewhat. Bringing up his sword, he swung in a wild arc towards the monstrous jackal that had disabled Neshi. A shockwave rippled through his body as his attack connected - but only with the creature's armor.

Battered and unable to damage his foe, Yorrick knew the situation was becoming extremely dangerous. It might even take a miracle for him to get out of it alive, surrounded as he was by three powerful foes. And yet, he felt not only feel fear - but... familiarity. He felt detached from his body for a moment, feeling as if he was only a puppet pulling the strings, the sinews of his mortal shell.

But, no, even if he did fear for his own life, he could not let his companions die here. Not in the middle of the desert, not so young. He looked to where poor Neshi was being revived by Tristan. He tried to find his other companions, but the blood running down his face was blurring his vision. He thought for a brief moment about calling on Tristan to heal him, but he knew the poor cleric would only get hurt himself if he tried to help Yorrick. He thought about retreating, but he knew it wouldn't help.

Fear turned to determination for the warrior. As the blood from his face began to trickle down his armor, as his hands shuddered from exhaustion, he stood tall against his foes. With a glare that could pierce the thickest veil, he stared at them, challenging them, taunting them to attack him. Some mystical force, some kind of spiritual energy, surrounded him, an intangible, invisible compulsion to ignore his companions and attack him instead. He stood prepared to take his final blows with courage, with steely determination.

I'm using invisiblecastle since I hate the board roller somewhat. All rolls will be done under "Yorrick (Methalor)".

Attack on J1. (1d20+10=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1389592)

Maneuver! (1d3=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1389596) = Battle Leader's Charge. Of course, the one that doesn't work at all in this situation. Damn.

Sweet buggery. I didn't hit.

Swift Action: Iron Guard's Glare - all threatened enemies get -4 on attacks vs. Yorrick's allies. But not Yorrick himself...

I have a feeling I should start making a new character. Any suggestions? I'm going to keep Khur-kol/Yorrick's spirit going... I guess that's part of my backstory I still haven't really explained yet. Well, it would probably make sense for him to be a warrior type, but I think we're dreadfully lacking in an arcanist. We'll see. But I think it might be a good idea to have a new char sheet ready.

20 HP left. One good hit is gonna be all it takes.

de-trick
2007-11-24, 11:38 AM
Occ: lucas is pissing me off, with his work(busy all the time)

So...
Adoril rushes up with a great throw he thows his sword at J1, after he throws it it begains to come back, Adoril jumps to catch it, then runs to hit him again

throw
[roll0]
[roll1]

attack
[roll2]
[roll5]

j1 toples to round dead

de-trick
2007-11-24, 11:45 AM
(I am moding that Kazz's true strike was on yorrick

a| W | W | W | | | | J2 | J2 | W | W | W | W
b | W | W| W | | | | J2| J2 | W | W| W | W
d | W | W| W| | | | | | | W | W | W | W
e | | | | | | N
f | | | | | | T
g
h | | | | | E | | | K |
i

[/table]

Grrth
2007-11-27, 11:53 AM
Nina:

So at my next turn, Nina will move forward 5 ft to g5 and attack the little jackal threatening Yorrick.

1st arrow
damage: [roll1]

2nd arrow
attack: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

((sigh, finally get good damage and I can't hit the broad side of a barn! I'd wade in their to fight with sword but I'd just get my ass kicked. Too bad there's no way to flank at the moment))

bchilders
2007-11-28, 08:58 AM
Since I'm last in the order I'll heal Neshi unless the other jackal is down and I think Yorrick needs it more.

Cure serious: [roll0]

OOC: Yea!! I tied my previously weak roll

de-trick
2007-11-29, 07:13 PM
OCC: wingover(Lucas) quit so...I get to mod a kill

The small jackal headed creature stands and rushes to stab kazz's brother, He stabs him right in the back, puncturing his heart killing him. But before he dies he stabs the small jackal killing him, the both fall died

Grrth
2007-11-29, 09:21 PM
((Aah! We're dropping like flies here! Quick, healer-man, get us out of here!))

:biggrin:

Methalor
2007-11-30, 04:08 PM
((OOC: Man... This sucks. When Yorrick finally dies off (I'm actually sorta looking forward to that, I've got a way to wrap up his story that I'm fairly happy with), I guess I might be coming back as the tank.

By the way, is it just me, or are Nexus and I the only ones left from the original group?!))

de-trick
2007-11-30, 05:13 PM
a| W | W | W | | | | | | W | W | W | W
b | W | W| W | | | | | | W | W| W | W
d | W | W| W| | | | | | | W | W | W | W
e | | | | | | N | J | J
f | | | | | | T | J | J
g
h | | | | | E | | | K |
i

[/table]

seeing a healer The last jackeal charges at Tristan
1st.[roll0]
[roll1]
2nd.[roll2]
[roll3]
bite
[roll4]
[roll5]
yorrick and neshi gets an attack of opp

Methalor
2007-11-30, 06:29 PM
AOO on Jackal (1d20+8=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1400502)

Damnation. A barely-missed attack AGAIN. I miss having full strength.

As the Jackal-headed monstrosity powered towards Tristan, Yorrick took a quick swipe at the creature. The arc of his sword was true, but he silently cursed his depleted strength as the blade met the creature's plate armor yet again.

After the creature swung at Tristan, Yorrick inched forward. Bringing up his sword, he brought it down in yet another overhead arc. And, yet again, he felt the helpless feeling of defeat as it bounced harmlessly off the creature's armor. Swearing under his breath, he felt his legs getting shakier as he struggled to stand. He only hoped someone with more energy than him could finish this soon...

Attack for my turn. I bet it misses. (1d20+8=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1400503)

And it DID miss. I swear, if I had the 6 more points of strength that I'd normally have, every one of those woulda hit.

Miraqariftsky
2007-12-03, 11:39 AM
[roll0] AoO
[roll1] Crit Threat
[roll2] standard khopesh damage
[roll3] flaming enchantment damage

[roll4] Standard Attack
[roll5] Crit Threat
[roll6] standard khopesh damage
[roll7] flaming enchantment damage