PDA

View Full Version : lich ruler

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

de-trick
2007-12-05, 12:25 AM
Eruk is moving and will not have a computer for awhile or at all, so he has to drop out

Methalor
2007-12-06, 03:12 AM
Alrighty, sad to hear that. Damn, but do we need to take the Leadership feat at level 6 or what? The only way we're gonna keep a decent sized party going...

Grrth
2007-12-06, 10:11 AM
((so let's kill this jackal already!))

Nina fires 2 more arrows:

1st arrow
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

2nd arrow
attack: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

de-trick
2007-12-06, 05:16 PM
To kill off kazz
kazz cast lightning bolt at the jackeal headed creature
[roll0]

failing automatically

then the jackeal charges kazz
killing him

Methalor
2007-12-06, 07:26 PM
((Tristan and Neshi should get AoOs, no? It's a new round.))

de-trick
2007-12-06, 11:12 PM
Opps my bad, Tristan, neshi gets attack of opportunity

Miraqariftsky
2007-12-09, 09:40 AM
[roll0] AoO
[roll1] Threat
[roll2] Normal Damage
[roll3] Fire Damage
Critical Confirmed for a total of 18

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6] Normal Damage
[roll7] Fire Damage
Total Damage: 31 points. Hmm... looks dire enough...

The third and last corrupted Anub'ar that they face hurtles at Kazz, its black face livid with rage. Its eyes burn with demonic hatred, its mouth froths with fanatic fury.

"RAAAA! For Daiyanisssaaaa!", Neshi yells his battle-cry, hoarse with harrowed hope.

Swinging his sword with the strength of despair, Neshi slams the blade deep into the meat of the beast's thigh, causig a hot spurting of arterial blood. The templar ducks as

((under construction))

bchilders
2007-12-10, 09:39 AM
Tristan takes a tentative swing with his longsword hoping at least cause some disturbance to the moving monstrosity.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

de-trick
2007-12-10, 12:07 PM
and it falls down, died before you lies 2 died allies, and 3 enemys. The door before lies closed

Grrth
2007-12-10, 06:09 PM
Nina:

Leaving the dead for the priest to deal with, Nina will cautiously approach yonder door and check it over.

1. Look for traps: [roll0]

2. Is it locked? :smallwink:

3. If it's trapped, then disable: [roll1]

((Augh! I don't believe it! Too horrible rolls one right after the other. Hmm, well, here's keeping the fingers crossed that I don't get 'lectrocuted or something ...)

de-trick
2007-12-11, 07:48 PM
The door is not trapped but when you try to open it make a strength check, because the doors over 12ft tall

once you open it DC15
As you open the grand doors to the temple, you see before you a statue of the emperor and a what to be queen on the other side of jamash is a boy. The queen is garbed in a royal outfit but something looks missing, The boys hands are cupped as if it was suppose to hold something. The floor is made of a mosque of the hawk headed god. There is a door to the right of the statue and open to the left.

Grrth
2007-12-11, 10:14 PM
((haha - strength check? Well, here goes))

str: [roll0]

((at least it wasn't trapped!! :smallbiggrin: ))

((haha - where's a sand people howling elf when you need one?))

Nina calls out to the beefy men in the party: "Let's get inside before we're all dead of exposure! One of you give me a hand!"

Miraqariftsky
2007-12-12, 11:13 AM
Neshi returns from his weary jog and deposits their two half-embalmed comrades at the temple's doors. Hearing Nina's outrcy, he fixes his gaze upon the massive brazen doors and utters a battle-cry while pushing them open, "RAAAA! For Daiyanissa!"

[roll0] Ye olde strength checkery...

((Crappo!))

...and he promptly collapses from the battle's exertions and from trekking back through the desert's expanse to give the proper final respects to their fallen comrades. Sinking against a pillar's bole, he uncaps his waterskin and proffers it to the lady ranger.

bchilders
2007-12-12, 01:40 PM
Tristan moves to the bodies of the two slain and says a small prayer for their transition into the afterlife. When finished he moves over towards his companions at the door and says to Neshi, "You look done for...would you like a bit of healing to lift your spirits?"

Grrth
2007-12-12, 02:31 PM
[roll0] Ye olde strength checkery...

((Crappo!))

...and he promptly collapses from the battle's exertions and from trekking back through the desert's expanse to give the proper final respects to their fallen comrades. Sinking against a pillar's bole, he uncaps his waterskin and proffers it to the lady ranger.

:smallbiggrin:

Nina will gratefully accept some water, when she can stop laughing, and then suggests that perhaps Yorrick might be relied on to open the door ...

:smallwink:

Methalor
2007-12-12, 05:05 PM
((Strength Check: [roll0]))

Methalor
2007-12-12, 05:06 PM
(( And Again: [roll0]

Again, if needed: [roll1]
Thank god there's no consequence: [roll2]

Okay, that's it. This roller is crap and I don't want to keep making posts. I'm using invisiblecastle from now on:

Strength Check (1d20+2=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1422321)

Finally!
Strength Check (1d20+2=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1422322)

That's SIX times.))

As the last enemy fell to Neshi and Tristan, Yorrick nearly collapsed to the ground. The exhaustion was too much for him - his reactions had slowed to a laughable point, and his normally brutish strength was sorely lacking. His mind was starting to feel a bit cloudy as well - perhaps it was time to rest.

Nodding in agreement with Nina's suggestion that he try his luck with the doors, he began to make his way towards the towering portals. Each labored step made no illusions about the state of his strength and, as he reached the door, he could make little more than a feeble push at it. As the door barely even shuddered from his exertion, he began to try again, short little shoves against the unyielding door. He could feel his strength fading even quicker, and, after a particularly feeble attempt, he decided he'd had enough of pushing the door. Backing up to put some distance between him and his newfound opponent, he used the last of his strength to barrel towards the door. As he smashed into it, the massive doors finally creaked open.

Yorrick gladly stumbled inside and collapsed. "Perhaps... We should rest here for a time?"

"After we get the bodies inside, of course..." he added, a somber tone underlying his now-raspy voice.

Grrth
2007-12-12, 06:02 PM
Leaving Yorrick to Tristan's tender ministrations, Nina will quickly dart inside the main space of the mosque and take a look around.

[roll0]

Looking for traps and/or anything else out of the ordinary, and staying in the main room. Will check secondary doors later. Main worry is finding a relatively safe place to camp for awhile.

de-trick
2007-12-13, 12:06 AM
the size of the main room is 40ft-by 40ft, the 2 hallways are closed by a silk curtains. The walls depict many storys of Pharaoh Jamash, as well as
Horus-Re.

If you read the hieroglyphics make a search check, followed by a decipher script

Grrth
2007-12-13, 10:06 AM
Nina:

"Neshi -- Horus I think I recognize, but does any of this look familiar to you?"

Here's my try at reading the hieroglyphics:

search: [roll0]

decipher script: [roll1]

(um-hm, yeah, well, pretty pictures? :smalltongue: ))

Miraqariftsky
2007-12-13, 11:27 AM
Searcho! [roll0] Reado! [roll1]

urrrgghhh...

Neshi borrows the large morningstar that he'd given to Yorrick earlier and prepares to crush, desecrate and deface the depictions of Jomash, yelling all the while, "Death to infidel traitors! Thou misbegotten son of Set! Damnation take thee and thine, Jomash, murderer of thousands, consorter with devils, heretic profound! May Horus' harrows of virtue and vengeance pursue thy cursed currish kindred to the deepest depths of the vilest Abyss whence thou wert spawned!"

Grrth
2007-12-13, 12:29 PM
Nina:

"HEY! You crazy, demon-possessed nut! What if those had been important? A warning or other? You could've just killed us all by erasing a message! Tell me why I shouldn't bash some sense into your skull!"

de-trick
2007-12-14, 01:21 AM
neshi before you attack the depiction of Jamash, you can depiction that symbolizes a trade route between the desert and the Oriental lands of the east. You also read of Jamash's partnership with Emperor Malindor. It Jamash's wife who comes from the far east land and of their child, a warrior in Jamash's army

Are you sure you want to start smashing things...?
if you do every monster would be alerted(last battle the door muffled the noise)

Miraqariftsky
2007-12-14, 05:56 AM
((Ffft... Humbug. Alright, I take it back. Yeesh, it would have been IC though, seeing as he's a half-mad zealot of a god of vengeance who wouldn't take kindly to heretics... 'Slike a combination of the mindsets of Thuthmose IV (if I'm not mistaken) and fundamentalist Ji*ad-happy Mo**ems.))

*khaa-PTUI!* Neshi spits vilely upon the foremost statue of the heretic pharaoh then leans upon the overlarge bludgeon, huffing and puffing with near-exhaustion. "Bah...", he mutters.

Methalor
2007-12-14, 07:35 PM
Stumbling to his feet, Yorrick looked out towards the corpses baking in the sun. He did not even know these people, but they had saved his life, and they had good hearts. It was an undignified death, and an undignified rest for their remains. Leaving Neshi and Nina to attend to the ancient writing, he signaled to Tristan.

"We should move them inside." he stated blankly, gesturing towards the bodies. "And, if it's possible, could you heal these wounds I've sustained? Perhaps if you have anything to relieve this fatigue... If not, I fear I will need to rest before proceeding. I am of little use in this state."

Yorrick slowly made his way out into the sands once again and began the dirty and difficult task of dragging the bodies of slain friend and foe alike into the temple. After a quick thought, he also plunged his blade into the jackal-men's chests, just to make sure they wouldn't be causing any more trouble. He had no compassion for creatures that would attack a traveler unprovoked...

[Also, can we get a list of their equipment? Might as well loot them... We've got a bag of holding, and plate armor is worth a pretty penny. Must be practical.]

de-trick
2007-12-14, 08:29 PM
2 large great falchions, 2 large fullplate, 20 platinum, 20 gold, 2 green vials, small scimitar, small longbow, a blue diamond, and a staue of a griffin, your fallin compaions have a +2 throwing returning bastard sword, +2 arrow defecting fullplate, 10 potions of cure serious wounds, elven chain, + 2 flaming keen rapier, and finally a wand of lightning bolt(6)

bchilders
2007-12-15, 12:07 AM
After kneeling over the two bodies Tristan hears Yorrick move outside and request his aid. He moves to help drag the bodies inside and first does what he can to heal his companions wounds but warily keeps his eye on the jackals. He is visibly relieved after Yorrock thrusts his blade into their bodies.

I can't get to my sheet right now but I'm almost positive i still have a cure serious left so Heal:[roll0] also I don't know what you mean by fatigued or why you are can you remind me..thanks

Miraqariftsky
2007-12-15, 11:11 AM
The Funny

"Ah..." Neshi begins to retort.

"...bloody, man!" he continues, falling to his knees before a statue of Horus.

"Khur-kol, man..." he says as his shield drops from a nerveless hand, clattering lightly upon the temple floor.

"...we've..." the Fallen Templar's sword digs into a chink in the masonry and remarkably stays standing.

"...gone..." his right hand slips off the quivering pommel.

"...through..." Neshi blinks.

"...worse..." Neshi blinks.

"...wastelands... NGOOORRRKKKK" Neshi falls asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Serious

"Aye" Neshi begins. "We are all awearied of both heart and hand, are we not?"

The Fallen Templar kneels and carefully places his pack upon the floor, leaning it against a wall. Doing the same with his shield and sword, he withdraws some dried date-and-fig cakes from his pack and offers them to his comrades.

Sipping some water sparingly and nibbling on one of the pieces of hard but highly sustenant trail rations, he sinks to the floor and murmurs some silent words of prayer both for theri own deliverance and the deliverance of their deceased comrades.

"I suppose we shall have no contestation to a rest for our weary bones? Nevertheless, we must be prepared, lest foes assail us when we sleep" Neshi says and grunts as he gets up.

"Even in death, both our comrades and our foes shall aid us" he says as he drags the body of the largest jackal-man to the space between a wall and the central statuary. "Come, comrades, aid me here. With these corpses we shall construct a barricade so that any who charge us shall find their path obstructed"

Neshi stops dragging corpses and making a wall of the dead piled up on each other when he has exhausted the bodies of the two larger jackal-men and that of Kazz. Sighing from exhaustion, he sits down and says slowly, "I shall take first watch. Nina, the second. Yorrick, the third and Tristan the last... that is, if there be no objections?"

I am sick and posting might be slow. If we are attacked while we sleep, De-Trick, please feel free to godmod Neshi under the IC explanation of having been possessed by one or more of his Spirit-Shards.

[roll0] Listen
[roll1] WhatdidIhear?!?!
[roll2] Spot
[roll3] Look! Whaddaheck was that!?!

Grrth
2007-12-15, 04:46 PM
Nina:

"Nay, crazy-knight, you should sleep, for I am unhurt, and need little rest. I will wake Yorrick when I can no longer keep my eyes open."

Translation: Nina's taking first watch. As an elf, she needs only 4 hours of trance-time. Tristan and Neshi need a full 8 hours to regain their spells.

Let me know if I need any spot or listen checks during my watch. :smallfrown:

de-trick
2007-12-15, 06:35 PM
you here a flaping of sand and of wings coming from outside. you look up and see a mass of scales. The creature moves closer to you.

bchilders
2007-12-15, 07:10 PM
OOC: With the assumption we were going to sleep Tristan will use all of his remaining spells to heal the group. In case I don't get to that in the future that will be my standard operating procedure. I think I can cover every one with three cure serious, two cure lights and 6 cantrips. I don't know where everones HP is so let me know how much you think it will take.

Tristan agrees with his comrades and finds a comfortable place to sleep. At first he is not confident he will sleep at all because of the recent event but exaustion takes its toll and he soon finds himself drifting off.

de-trick
2007-12-15, 10:03 PM
if you want anyone can make a con check to wake up cause this creature is as much of a ninja as my toaster is.

Methalor
2007-12-15, 10:09 PM
((Derek, have we had enough sleep to get rid the fatigue? And how about recover spells? It's at least an hour, I assume, so I'm guessing Yorrick's at LEAST not exhausted anymore.))

de-trick
2007-12-15, 11:02 PM
(yes you have, sorry forgot to post that, also the healing removed it)

also I remade the OCC threadhttp://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3663538#post3663538

Grrth
2007-12-16, 01:55 PM
This is a listen and spot check to see if I can hear the monster coming. As we haven't lit a fire, even odds on it seeing me first. If I see/hear it first, then I should get a surprise round to do something. If it sees me first, same for it. If we both see each other at the same time, no surprise and straight to initiative.

Here are my rolls:

Listen: [roll0]

Spot: [roll1]

Init: [roll2]

Hmm, that has certain possibilities! :smallsmile:

de-trick
2007-12-16, 03:28 PM
As it rounds the corner where the battle was before, you see the eye's some sort of dragon, then your eyes look at it. You can tell by the look of it's eyes it is not a monster, but a child.

initiative in case of a battle
[roll0]

Methalor
2007-12-16, 11:28 PM
((CON Check to wake up (1d20+4=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1430270)

Init in case of battle (1d20+1=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1430271) ))

Story to come

Grrth
2007-12-17, 12:12 PM
((aww, how cute! :smalltongue: ))

Anyways, Nina keeps her bow handy, but peers a little closer to see if she can make out what the creature is (and whether or not it's likely to 1. attack and 2. understand if she talks to it)

knowledge (nature): [roll0]

Or I can substitute a know (local or geography) to see what I would expect from this area: [roll1]

Since I know it's a child, I want to look around and see if I can spot the parent (spot check): [roll2]

de-trick
2007-12-17, 04:58 PM
its a dragon medium sized, it scales are brown, as yu look closer you notice it has a headplate, and has a chin horn. As you look closer it speaks Whatch doing? who you looking for? Did you find him? Or is it a her? Whats with the bodys? What's your name?
you do not see a parent

Grrth
2007-12-20, 08:37 AM
Nina:

Nina's eyes widen in surprise. A dragon!

((are they common around these parts?))

"Greetings to you," she'll say politely. "We merely sought shelter in here from the storm, and those animal-headed things attacked us, killing two of our friends. Will you let us stay in peace here for the night?"

((I was going to try some diplomacy, but maybe not))

Nina will try and surrepitiously nudge Yorrick if she can, to try and wake him up. (sleight of hand, perhaps? [roll0])

((haha - right, as sneaky as our 'friend' here! :smalltongue: ))

de-trick
2007-12-20, 05:35 PM
(***** dragons are fire dragons, fire dragons live in the desserts, If someone with knowledge arcane was up they could find out what type of dragon he is)

(chance for a dragon to get a hoard started:smalltongue: )
You can give me some coins for the renting of my territory

Methalor
2007-12-20, 07:53 PM
Yorrick had woken at the initial sound of the dragon thumping into the area, but had remained relatively motionless. He had no armor on, having no time to don his usual heavy plate. He had left his sword nearby to where he slept, however, and had grabbed a firm hold of it. He waited, ready to see if Nina would need backup in this situation and not wishing to alarm the creature.

Nina's nudge lacked much subtlety, but it mattered little - Yorrick had simply been waiting for some kind of signal. Rising majestically up to his full 6'4" of height, he leaned casually on Merciful Avenger, the trusty Greatsword he had won in the duel against the Hobgoblin Emperor. Clearing his throat, he began to speak casually; he kept his voice low, as the potentially hazardous environment warranted no less careful of an approach. His voice took on a soft, feylike, otherworldly quality, a strange contrast coming from the mouth of a less-than-charismatic fighter. It was as if some quality from an existence beyond the mortal shell he inhabited had broken free from the confines that his physical body had placed upon him.

"Friend Dragon," he began, "We thank you for permitting us to stay in your lands without consequence. We cannot, however, pay for the privilege of staying in your domain, as what little coin we have is dedicated to our quest. We seek out the means to stop an ancient Lich King, who prophecy has stated will rise again soon and cloud the world with his darkness once more."

"I do, however, have a suggestion to make to you, Friend Dragon. It is my proposal that we not fight with eachother, nor perform transactions of goods. It is my thinking that you might join us in these caves. Hear me out, Friend Dragon. Although you must have a lair somewhere, is it not good to have an expanded dominion over the places the sun does not reach? Although you are evidently a wise and just Dragon, you are still in your youth, and could surely benefit from the experience of fighting alongside steadfast comrades. Does your curiosity not yearn for adventure? Are you not sometimes inflicted with wanderlust? Does your innate wisdom and sharp intellect wish to tangle with that of a centuries-old Lich King? Is there not a yearning in your heart to not only secure the freedom of others, but also to solidify your own domain from the threat of one who would seek to dominate all Kingdoms?"

"If you will not join us, Friend Dragon, at least allow us to do you the service of clearing this part of your domain for you. You are obviously not ill-intentioned, as you seem to have come out of curiosity rather than malice. I appeal to your better nature, and ask that our companions and I be allowed free passage through your territory and that we may have the privilege of doing this service for you."

"Friend Dragon, I have spoken my piece. I am El'y... no, I am Yorrick Norhelm. I ask that you consider my suggestions fairly, and perhaps grace us with a name by which to call yourself."

Hoping that the dragon would heed his words and uncharacteristically soft tongue, he stepped closer to it, sheathing his weapon in a gesture of goodwill. Diplomatic words or not, he certainly hoped the others had awoken, in case things turned sour or other denizens of the ruined temple were attracted by the minimal noise that this encounter had generated.

[OOC:

May I just say - Booyeah! Diplomacy on Dragon (1d20+7=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1438328)

Might make up a bit for all those terrible strength checks and attack rolls missing by one or two...

He should at least be friendly now, given that he obviously wasn't hostile to begin with. :smallbiggrin:

Haha, Derek, if ya want to expand the party without depending on recruitment, there's a chance for at least this adventure. :smallwink: ]

de-trick
2007-12-20, 08:34 PM
diplomacy [roll0]

congrats you have a juvenile brass dragon in the party.

I need a den for myself, I have none yet for I have just left the nest of my birthgiver. I shall make this my den after we clean it out of evil.

Grrth
2007-12-21, 01:45 AM
((OMG, Methalor! That was just freakin awesome! Man I wish I had enough ranks in Ranger to have an animal companion!!!))

Nina stares at Yorrick, mouth agape.

"Did you just recruit a dragon?!"

de-trick
2007-12-22, 08:18 PM
Morning comes everyone who never woke up yet, sees a bronze dragon talking with Nina, and Yorrick

bchilders
2007-12-23, 02:58 AM
Tristan starts off surprised, but quickly turns toward curiosity. "I see you meet a friend while I slept. My name is Tristan Gamaliel it is a pleasure to meet you. I would love to learn more about dragons if we ever have some time to talk" Tristan looks forward with excitement at the prospect of being able to chronicle information about dragons.

de-trick
2007-12-23, 07:09 PM
What do you wish to know human

bchilders
2007-12-24, 12:03 PM
"How old are you? Who was your...what did you call it...birthgiver? How many siblings did you have? Did you each go to different locations? There are so many questions....," Tristan gets out a book and begins writing down what he hears.

de-trick
2007-12-24, 03:11 PM
I am 47 years old... and you?...My mother and father how you humans call it, they live near Nimlot... where do you hail from?....Yes I have nestmates.. 3, they but we separated to have are own territory. I decided to go here the middle of the dessert. I'm not sure where my nestmates went to....Do you have any nestmate Tristan?

(congratulations on starting a conversation with a brass dragon, this could take awhile)

bchilders
2007-12-26, 12:54 AM
"I have lived 163 years, I come from a forest village a far way from here and I was an only child. Do you know how old your parents are?" Tristan continues to talk and write down information until something else comes up.

de-trick
2007-12-26, 05:38 AM
I believe my parents are a little older than you. Why do you write this down?

bchilders
2007-12-26, 10:11 PM
"I am a follower of Oghma, god of knowledge, and I have in myself a thirst for information of many kinds. It's not everyday that one gets to meet a dragon face to face so I am chronicaling this meeting for posterity."

de-trick
2007-12-28, 06:03 PM
I respect your passion of knowledge

everyone can make a listen check too

Methalor
2007-12-28, 09:01 PM
Listen check (1d20=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1446809/)

Grrth
2007-12-29, 06:12 PM
Listen check for Nina: [roll0]

bchilders
2007-12-29, 06:52 PM
Listen: [roll0]

de-trick
2007-12-29, 07:06 PM
You here a moaning sound coming from the right hall, It sounds as if it is coming toward you, when you look You see a bandaged 6 ft tall creature slowly coming toward you. The hall way is 10ft wide, he is about 30 ft away.
Initiative
[roll0]

rockdeworld
2007-12-30, 12:06 AM
((Hey there - it's nice to meet you all - I'm now the dragon :smallbiggrin:
Just before I start, could I get a little area information (like in the OOC thread? I don't want to take up too much in-rp space with OOC comments). If there is no roof to wherever we are, my first action is probably going to be to fly out of the way, else I'll burrow underground if it seems like there is an immediate threat.))
[roll0]

Grrth
2007-12-30, 09:15 AM
Nina:

"Eeeeee! What is that?"

[roll0]

de-trick
2007-12-30, 11:51 AM
(OCC it is fine to talk OCC on this thread)

You and the party are in a tainted tomb of Horus-Ra

rockdeworld
2007-12-30, 03:56 PM
"It is an abomination. A creature that has died yet is not allowed rest." The dragon snorts and a few red flames shoot from his nose.

(OOC: Should we use past or present tense? I've seen both, but I just want to know which is preferred for this rp.)

bchilders
2007-12-30, 10:55 PM
Init: [roll0]

Methalor
2007-12-30, 11:00 PM
Init (1d20+1=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1448487/)

Miraqariftsky
2007-12-31, 08:04 AM
Initiative roll [roll0]

de-trick
2007-12-31, 11:23 AM
either is fine
tristan 17
monster13
dragon 12
nina 11
yorrick 8
neshi 3

the room your in is 40ft by 30ft
the hall is 10ft wide and 40ft long till next room

bchilders
2008-01-01, 04:52 PM
Tristan will back behind Yorick and cast bulls strength on him.

Grrth
2008-01-02, 01:27 AM
"It is an abomination. A creature that has died yet is not allowed rest." The dragon snorts and a few red flames shoot from his nose.

Nina:

"You mean an undead?" cries Nina. She hastily strings her bow and knocks an arrow. "What are you waiting for, then? Kill it! Kill it! Let its spirit rest!"

:smallbiggrin:

Anyways, when my turn comes round, here's the rolls (blast! why didn't I pick up that club while we were still in the city?).

Just the one arrow, Nina will wait until the mummy is within 30 ft or move to close the range.

atk: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

de-trick
2008-01-02, 02:42 AM
the mummy lets out a wail and charges Yorick
everyone DC16 will saves or be paralyzed for [roll0]
attack on Yorick
[roll1]
damage[roll2]
fort DC16 please pass

(can anyone cast remove disease or break enchantment)

Miraqariftsky
2008-01-02, 05:44 AM
Will save [roll0]
[roll1] Charging attack roll
[roll2] Khopesh damage
[roll3] Fire damage

*I would have used Turn Undead but the rules confuse me.

Methalor
2008-01-02, 10:25 AM
Will Save (1d20+1=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1449676/)
Will Save (Rerolling using Indomitable Soul) (1d20+1=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1449677/)

Phew, that was close. Thank goodness for the Crusader's ability to reroll one save per day!

Fort Save vs. Mummy Rot (1d20+8=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1449678/)

Yay! No terrible debilitating damage THIS time.

Maneuver 1 (1d5=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1449679/): Crusader's Strike
Maneuver 2 (1d4=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1449680/): Vanguard Strike

Attack Roll on Mummy (Using Vanguard Strike to give allies a +4 against the Mummy providing this attack hits) (1d20+13=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1449684/)
MISTAKE: I forgot Tristan's casting of Bull's Strength. Yorrick actually has a result of 23 on this attack.

Looks like a probable hit, so damage (obviously the Merciful property of the sword is turned off for this fight) shall be rolled.

Damage roll on Mummy (2d6+11=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1449685/)
MISTAKE: Again, forgot bull's strength. That should actually be 21 damage. But the mummy has DR 5. So ACTUAL damage will be 16.

Yorrick take's up the Iron Guard's Glare stance, giving the Mummy -4 to hit on everyone but Yorrick.

Yorrick felt stunned for an instant by the creature's abominable wail. Staggered, helpless, he could not seem to move. The fiend went straight for him, charging towards the warrior at a seemingly unnatural speed. Virtually paralyzed by some supernatural fear, Yorrick could not react; he grimaced as the restless undead raked his flesh with its ancient embalmed claws.

Tristan was behind him and in need of protection against the unnatural beast before him, Yorrick knew that. Concentrating his willpower, he strove to throw off the fear that was clouding his mind. Suddenly, as if of their own accord, he could feel his limbs move. Focusing his mind on his blade, he brought forth an artistic stroke, one to inspire his allies' attacks against this desert-toughened foe. Aided by the strength imbued in him by Tristan's spell, his greatsword seemed as light as a rapier. Inspired by the openly bleeding claw wound, Yorrick brought forth a concentrated rage, numbing the pain, directing it towards his foe. His blade came down, swift and true, tearing into the lifeless flesh of the disturbingly awakened corpse before him.

rockdeworld
2008-01-02, 11:28 AM
Will Save: [roll0]
[OOC: I was waiting to see what the mummy would do to post my reply. To be honest, I checked at 9pm EST last night, but de-trick still hadn't posted. This is my first post of the morning.]

"Gladly." The dragon replies, rearing his head back and then coming down breathing a line of hot flames at the creature and beyond.

Breath Weapon Damage: [roll1] (Reflex DC18 for 1/2 damage)

Grrth
2008-01-02, 12:25 PM
((Aye, Rock, when things move, they move, eh?))

Here's Nina's Will save: [roll0]

de-trick
2008-01-02, 01:22 PM
(Last time I send a fire vulnerable thing at you)
reflex[roll0]

(wow nice job)

As the mummy charges the brass dragon shoots fire(Lucky its a line) and the mummy got it all plus more. then Nina seeing the opportunity shoots it but the arrow failed to to damage to it(failed damage reduction)Then yorrick retaliates and almost cleaves it in half, but then neshi douses in fire with his sword and kills it.

rockdeworld
2008-01-02, 02:04 PM
((Aye, Rock, when things move, they move, eh?))

((No kidding. Hey, de-trick, you were the one to make me a fire dragon :smalltongue:))

"Excellent attack." The dragon remarks to Yorrick. He then turns his head look at the fighter. "You are quite the warrior. Perhaps you would care to exchange tales of battles fought in times past? It has been quite a while since I have had the chance to converse with a man of such experience as you look to have."

de-trick
2008-01-04, 01:15 PM
(If yorrick and the dragon talk, I'll just fast forward it so we're not here for days)
In the ashes of the mummy lays a necklace, a ruby, and a symbol of set.

The question Do you go down the hallway the mummy came from or the other hallway.

Methalor
2008-01-05, 01:46 AM
[ooc: sorry guys, quick note to say I'll be away for the weekend. Fencing tournament! Also, char sheet: http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=3384

But the inventory is less-than-complete. That silly profiler crash a few months back took a lot of it with it... Also, there's some magic items that we have and the loot from the dead bodies yet to be recorded.]

de-trick
2008-01-05, 12:29 PM
good luck with the fencing tournament. Thanks for fixing Yorick's character sheet

rockdeworld
2008-01-05, 12:43 PM
((OOC Agreed. But where is everyone else? I thought this was a post 1/day rp. I haven't decided on a path to follow b/c I don't yet think - as a dragon - of my character as part of the party, and also the dragon is otherwise occupied.))

bchilders
2008-01-05, 05:46 PM
Tristan votes to head the way the mummy can from, more to go head first into danger than leave it at our back but he is open to what the others think.

Grrth
2008-01-06, 11:32 AM
Nina wants to look around for tracks.

Is there a door leading into that other corridor? What about the way that the mummy came through? Whichever way we don't go, I think we should bar the other passage.

And speaking of treasure, who's keeping track of the party earnings?

Here's the tracking check for where the mummy came from:
(survival) [roll0]

de-trick
2008-01-06, 12:11 PM
theres a red velvet curtain on both doors

Nina you easily find the tracks of the mummy and they come from the corridor that you saw it came from, if the group follows it, we can continue

Grrth
2008-01-06, 10:15 PM
What about the other door? Any sign of life in that direction?

Here's another survival check: [roll0]

de-trick
2008-01-06, 11:34 PM
except for insects no living creatures

Methalor
2008-01-07, 06:12 PM
[ooc: I'll post something better tonight, but, for now, Yorrick will side with Nina in whatever decision she comes to given her tracking. Just to move things along, yes? Better post later.]

Miraqariftsky
2008-01-07, 11:39 PM
Previously

Neshi knelt in front of the central idol to Horakhte, his stubbled head prickling in the early morning's cold. His forehead was to the stone hewn floor, delighting in the surface's rough texture that felt as if the masonry was shaped just yesterday.

His breathing was laboured as he tried to find the inner peace that meditation imparts... tried to bask in the warmth of his god... His soul's valour was great and yet his mind was roiling with alien thoughts. Horakhte's voice came to him from beyond the fold of ages, from beyond the ken of men but it was no longer the regal roar of Ra nor was it the Serpent's superlative song... No, the voice of his god was drowned to a whisper by the bickering of his spirit-shards... yet still he reached forth, trying to catch stray motes of sunlight...

Why do ye pray to this facade of falseness? Look where he has led you! Come unto me and let my power flow through you! You have the potential to be so much more than this pretender to the Throne of Skulls!

Bah. Give me the Throne of Reeds or even just the Sapphire Seat... I'll be content with those. Ultimate power corrupts absolutely, ya know...

Neshi, don't listen to them! They desire nothing but despair and destruction for everyone!

Eh? Not me. I abjure my claim to Neshi's heart. I've been chained to him... corrupted by olden desire and passion... given in to Lady Chaos over there...

I am the QUEEN of Chaos, infidel!

Ah, and so, as I was saying... I abjure. All I want is to see this mission through and get us... get all four of us--- out of this dungheap of a destiny and into freedom.

So you'll aid us in purifying the evil of Sekhmet?

NO!

We are but shards of one soul... ONE! You hurt her, you hurt yourself...

I am willing to sacrifice anything and everything for the cause of justice and the Purification of Evil throughout all worlds and all times!

Sekh...

*SHWAANNGGG!*

...AAAARRRGGGHH!

FOOOOL!

Ow... ow... ow... Oops...

Suddenly, NEshi's world erupts in a cascade of myriad sensations... the scents of a thousand delicate lotuses war with the sulfur's stench and the maddening reek of a battlefield's massacre. Neshi's vision ascends into the waking world and a horrid sight greets his gaze.

A monstrous abomination, bound with rotted linens and scabrous flesh stinking with the sepulchre's stench shambles towards the companions. Somehow, a Khy'ra had joined them in the night and blasted the servant of Set with its flaming breath... and yet it kept on coming. It ploughed through Nina's storm of arrows and slammed into Yorrick, raking age-hardened nails across the warrior's exposed arms. Even when it was cloven asunder, the two torn halves of its body continued to kick and flail about, throwing up terrible, choking fumes.

NEshi's eyes flared with a sudden azure light and he stepped forward, shield-hand on his khopesh's pommel. Passing beneath the stone wing of Horus' statue, he swept the flaming blade through the Servant's abominable corpse, crying out in a voice more clear than daylight, "PURIFY THE EVIL! By Horus and by Torm, I smite thee now and send thee to the foulest depths of the Abyss! Begone and trouble the world no more, misbegotten son of Set!"

Presently

Neshi's eyes have returned to their natural grey and yet he has remained silent through the march into the forsaken fane. He snarls at the portal they are about to pass and beckons wordlessly at the others as he starts through...

de-trick
2008-01-08, 01:44 AM
You see a Sarcophagus thats open and empty the bottom holds 4 jars one has a jackal headed top, one a falcon, on that looks like a man, and a baboon. Make a knowledge religion to know what it is

Nina make a search check as you walk on down the hall. Since your looking for traps

Miraqariftsky
2008-01-08, 08:26 AM
(([roll0] Knowledge Religion check)) ((Yo chief. Was that right?))

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Neshi mutters at the sight of the cadaverless coffin, that spiritless sarcophagus and claps a hand to his head at a sudden pang of pain.

"If I remember aright the teachings at Sanctum..." he muses. "Yond jars must contain the Servant's organs--- his lungs, his liver, his intestine and stomach"

rockdeworld
2008-01-08, 09:11 AM
The juvenile dragon follows Yorrick into the new room, noting the absence of enemies. Then he turns to Neshi, whose earlier actions had also interested him.

"That was quite interesting to watch." The dragon says to him. "What did you mean when you spoke 'by Horus and by Torum'? Those are names I have never heard before."

bchilders
2008-01-08, 08:46 PM
Tristan carefully inspects the sarcophagus and the area around it trying to recall anything he learned in his years at the sanctum.

Knowledge Religion:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

de-trick
2008-01-08, 11:45 PM
these are Canopic jar's probable of the mummy that attacked you, they contain the liver, lungs, stomach, and intestines. These organs were removed when the mummy was mummified, so that they would not taint the mummy or rot it. They are placed near the mummy because to live in the afterlife you need these organ.

Grrth
2008-01-09, 01:34 AM
except for insects no living creatures

((*sighs* Obviously. Any tracks? --> What corridor? I didn't go down any corridor?))

Search check: [roll0]

de-trick
2008-01-09, 10:06 PM
there are no tracks coming from the other corridor

as you walk down the corridor the mummy came from farther down it, a plate in the floor was pressed down, releasing a block from the ceiling, falling at Nina and Neshi.

attack on both, flatfooted
Nina[roll0]
neshi[roll1]

damage if hit [roll2]

bchilders
2008-01-09, 11:44 PM
Tristan rushes to see how his two companions are faring after they were nearly crushed death. He thinks to himself that it probably saved them that they both were crushed together instead of one person taking the brunt of the massive plummeting stone. Tristan looks over some broken bones and pulls out a wand, thanking Oghma for the ability to heal those in need.

Tristan will use three uses of the wand for each of them(assuming they were hit)

For Nina
Cure light x3:[roll0]
For Neshi
Cure light x3:[roll1]

rockdeworld
2008-01-10, 12:17 PM
((OOC: They were. That was a really strong trap!))

The dragon, shocked, leans over Neshi, checking to see if he is stable. "Are you alright?" The dragon asks. "That was quite a knock on the head you took. Can you talk?"

Grrth
2008-01-11, 06:56 PM
Nina:

Brushing herself off, Nina mutters, "Hmm, caught nappin'! Whew!" She gives the ceiling a scathing look. As the dragon speaks to Neshi, she sighs a little and rolls her eyes. So glad folks are concerned about me!

"Thank you, Tristan," she continues aloud. "Shall we continue? Only, let me get some space ahead so that if I trigger any other traps, we have fewer people to heal back up."

Continuing down the corridor, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious and for any more traps! She'll stop if we come to any intersections or doors.

Survival (tracks - either following the mummy's from before or looking for new ones): [roll0]

Spot (anything suspicious up ahead?): [roll1]

Grrth
2008-01-11, 06:57 PM
((whoops! Forgot the search check!))

Search (looking for traps!): [roll0]

de-trick
2008-01-12, 06:37 PM
Nina you see little cracks in the walls and ceilings as you look closer to see if it is some sort of buby-trap you see a scorpion come out,... then another and another, till you have a swarm around you.

Miraqariftsky
2008-01-13, 12:18 PM
Previously...
Upon clambering out of the wreck of the fallen and shattered block of stone, NEshi staggered to a nearby wall and collapses, his ka, his soul nearly fleeing the mortal body but it resisted, knowing that if he died, the Spiritshards would be let loose upon the world and dead Ra alone knew what horrors that would bring. But his strength was fading fast, the pull of judgment and oblivion too strong... suddenly there flashed forth a glorious light that pulled him back into the realm of life and of suffering. He gasped at Tristan in a voice not his own, "Gah... haaah... Th... ousand thanks, ...lad"

Presently...
Neshi reels drunkenly about the passageway from the severe injuries sustained, his vision blurring from the blood flowing freely from his brow. He has shouldered his shield, freeing up his left hand to clutch and cradle at his broken ribs.

SQTWR, I summon thee! Come forth and devour these insolent infidels!

Neshi's eyes widen upon hearing the Sekhmet's summons and he rushes forward and gasps in shock at the black tide of invenomed death swarming around Nina...

The Fallen Templar rushes forward and wades into the dark tide, laying about with his flaming blade. Pausing, he pulls off his cloak of resistance, rolls it up and tosses it to her, saying, "Nina, hold steady! Take the cloak, 'twill help stave off the venoms!"

Looking back down the passageway, he calls out, "FORWARD! FORWARD WITH FIRE AND MACES! STRIKE AT WILL!"

Slashing savagely at the scorpion swarm, he cries aloud, "Death to Sqtwr!"

Miraqariftsky
2008-01-13, 12:20 PM
Oops. Sorry. Forgot this: I might not be able to check in in the following days so I posted several actions already. Also, if there are any mistakes, please be kind enough to point them out, thank you.

Flaming slash 1: [roll0]
Flaming slash 2: [roll1]

If I get on tomorrow and post, please disregard the second roll.

rockdeworld
2008-01-13, 03:36 PM
The dragon jumped back, suprised at Neshi's sudden outburst, and a reptilian hiss escaped through his snarling teeth. As Neshi runs dashing off down the hall, the dragon follows, both curious about what the warrior is doing and annoyed that his talking companion just ran away from him.

Coming to the mob of scorpions, the dragon follows Neshi's lead and breathes down a line of fire on the scorpions flanking Nina (the ones Neshi didn't hit).

[roll0] (Reflex DC18 to half)

bchilders
2008-01-14, 11:29 PM
Tristan waits to see how the swarm react to the attacks.

Delay turn to see if anyone needs healing or to attack swarm.

de-trick
2008-01-18, 12:07 AM
that was surprise round for you guys

initiative[roll0]
attack nina swarm need not to roll damage[roll1]
-nina fort save angainst distraction
if failed[roll2]
then a fort save again for poison

Miraqariftsky
2008-01-19, 04:44 AM
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1] Attack roll
[roll2] Fire damage

Grrth
2008-01-21, 03:17 PM
Nina:

Here's the rolls:

1st fort save: [roll0]
2nd fort save: [roll1]

Initiative: [roll2]

Tumble on my turn away from the swarm: [roll3]

current hp: 10

rockdeworld
2008-01-21, 09:49 PM
[roll0]
Actions are the same as in my last post.

bchilders
2008-01-21, 10:53 PM
Actions stay same
Initiative:[roll0]

de-trick
2008-01-25, 10:34 PM
Nina you roll out of the swarm, and pass both saves

Methalor
2008-01-26, 01:21 AM
[OOC: Hey guys... Damn, I got busy and kinda forgot about the game. :smalleek: Can I get an update?]

rockdeworld
2008-01-26, 09:53 AM
((OOC: Nina went into one room, we followed, she and Neshi got hit on the head by a falling rock. The room had a sarcophagus and some jars in it. Nina went into another room and there a swarm of scorpions attacked her, but she's gotten out of the way so we can wreak holy hell upon them!

De-trick, what's going on? I've seen you on the forums, but you haven't posted here. We've all posted our responses and are waiting for you to tell us what happened, and now you post only in response to Nina's post. If you're only going to post once a week, at least post something for all of us, right?

Also, looking back at our initiative rolls, and accounting for the dragon and Neshi going in the surprise round, I think Nina still doesn't actually get her turn until after someone else.))

Miraqariftsky
2008-01-26, 10:05 AM
((Yo Methalor! PM'd ya a sitrep.

Psst, Rock... I think he said we got a surprise round for our sudden attack on the swarm and then the initiative rolls were actually for the second round onwards))

de-trick
2008-01-26, 11:18 AM
(OCC ok sorry of my delayed posting on the campaign, been busy with exams coming next week, I haven't had time to because I was waiting for methlar to post. I posted that Nina passed her save so Grrth knew hows Nina doing. also I thought if I posted something small it would jumpstart the group)

(this is how it happened you are all in a corridor rocks fall and smash into Nina and Neshi. Then they find the sarcophagus of the mummy you fought, and then Nina was searching for a trap and found scorpions and neshi and the dragon attacked them before initiative but the bugs also attacked Nina before initiative. and here we are remember your in a 10ft wide hallway)

on the bugs turn they will move into neshi square, and climb on him attacking him
neshi i need 2 fortitude saves
damage
[roll0]

Miraqariftsky
2008-01-26, 11:36 AM
OOC chatter: Good luck with those exams, chief!

Oh, and just so the records are clear, Neshi threw his cloak of resistance at Nina earlier, hoping it might help her against the venom.

Aye, and yet more scorekeeping... Neshi's HP is now at -5... again... Looks like he'll finally have to break out the scroll...

Rolls:
Fort 1: [roll0] Fort 2: [roll1]

bchilders
2008-01-26, 04:12 PM
OOC:
Neshi-I don't see how you are down to -5 if I just healed you after the rock trap. If I'm mistaken then you have to let me know if you need to be healed or else what is the point of me being around:smallbiggrin:

de-trick
2008-01-26, 04:48 PM
Nexus if you are at -5, today is a lucky day for you you pass the fortitude not to take extra damage but fail the poision of a d4 of dex

[roll0]

de-trick
2008-02-02, 10:01 AM
(OCC anyone home)

rockdeworld
2008-02-02, 03:06 PM
((OOC: Check the OOC thread.))

Grrth
2008-02-04, 01:27 PM
The way I understand it, things stand thus:

As de-trick didn't announce any successful spot checks by anyone, I will list the following actions in order of initiative

Suprise round: Nina swarmed by bugs - screams madly, makes successful fort saves.

[18] dragon: Breath Attack - (4d6)[12] (Reflex DC18 to half) --> unless the dragon wants to delay his turn until Nina gets out of the way, then she's also now crispy and will remain in the bugs' square as she's also now unconscious.

[16] Tristan delayed his turn to see if anyone is hurt (considering I said that Nina has 10 hps left, I'll assume he'll delay until he can get to her, changing his initiative now to 11 as well)

[11] Nina: successful tumble check to get out of the square infested by bugs

[7] Neshi: charges to attack (sorry, but I don't understand your attacks, so am not posting them)

[7] swarm: bugs swarm over Neshi, biting/stinging - Neshi only passed 1 fort check, so takes 4 points of dex damage

--> so, waiting on Yorrick to post his actions, or otherwise he should be dm'd for now and that takes us to the top of the order to the dragon.

Did I miss anything?

(btw, de-trick, posting something like this at the end of each round would really be helpful)

de-trick
2008-02-04, 02:52 PM
(I'll say yorrick is taking time to recover)

rockdeworld
2008-02-05, 07:08 PM
((OOC: Wtf just happened to my post? I was writing and then the screen went blank... Whatever. I'll post the dragon's next actions then.))

"Insolent bugs." The dragon sneers. It snaps at the swarm, its head moving even quicker than a snake's, then follows up by clawing at the vermin and beating them with its wings.

Full Attack! 1 Bite, 2 Claws, 2 Wings (with the multiattack feat)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
And that, ladies and gents, is why you don't mess with dragons :smallcool:

de-trick
2008-02-05, 08:29 PM
except for a natural 1

you bite at the spiders then when you claw at the bugs you fall prone
(second attack 15-14=1)

rockdeworld
2008-02-05, 10:33 PM
((OOC: That's 1 natural 1. There's no rule that says your attack ends when you roll a natural 1, so the rest should still go through.))

bchilders
2008-02-06, 04:21 PM
As soon as Nina comes out of the swarm, Tristan will move to her side and use another charge of his cure light wounds wand.

CLW:[roll0]

de-trick
2008-02-06, 05:04 PM
and then it dies then

* from now on though if you roll a Nat .1, will end a full attack*

rockdeworld
2008-02-06, 08:55 PM
That... seems like a bad house rule, one that can only possibly hurt the players. Why do that?

de-trick
2008-02-06, 09:51 PM
*You are unable to recover from the failure*

You here water dripping if you go forward you see a fountian with a hawks head dripping water. You are all thristy too.(drink the water please)

rockdeworld
2008-02-06, 10:52 PM
Come on, you can do better than that! If we have to drink the water, find a way that FORCES us to drink the water.

Grrth
2008-02-06, 11:56 PM
Hey, before we move on, wouldn't it make sense to stop and heal first? Sleep and recover overnight, considering how many hurt folks we have?

With Tristan's wand, Nina's now at 4 hp. But she's conscious and supremely happy to no longer be covered in bugs, if a little ticked at being singed by dragonfire. :smalltongue:

bchilders
2008-02-07, 08:14 AM
OOC: I think that is what the DM is trying to have us do with "mysterious healing fountain"

IC: I don't know if my character would go up and trust "mysterious unknown liquid" but I'll trust whatever everyone else decides

Miraqariftsky
2008-02-07, 12:07 PM
[roll0] from prepared spells, cast on Nina
[roll1] from scroll, cast on Nina
[roll2] from prepared, cast on Nina
Cast Protection from Evil

[roll3] from prepared, cast on self
[roll4] from wand, on self
[roll5] from wand, on self

Neshi sheathes his khopesh in a puff of oily smoke and half-stomps, half-staggers through the chitinuous carnage of the smashed, seared and scattered swarm of scorpions. Kneeling before Nina, he lays his hands upon her and prays,

"May Isis' eyes never leave thee
May Horus' healing hands take away thy pain
Of darkness' taint, shalt thou be free
Of light laughter be wrought thy voice, O fain

By Horakhte's harrows,
By Ra's righteousness
So mote it be"

When they come upon the falcon-headed font, Neshi races forward to lap at the water, panting like a crazed cur.

de-trick
2008-02-07, 07:22 PM
OMG your completly healed, and feel rested.

Methalor
2008-02-09, 01:40 AM
(OOC: Hey guys, I'm back in this for good. Sorry, I really got distracted... Anyway, yes, drank water [even if it's a bit out-of-character] and all happy healed, can we move on?)

de-trick
2008-02-09, 09:39 AM
This is the last place in this corridor, remeber there is still another one

rockdeworld
2008-02-09, 10:58 AM
((A'right.))

The dragon, not feeling thirsty, declines the invitation to drink, preferring to look around the area and see if there are any more creatures about. It only wants to clear out any infestations before making the place its home after all.

Dunno what roll is needed, so here.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Listen - (1d20+17)[37]

bchilders
2008-02-09, 11:04 AM
After seeing his companions drinks Tristan thanks Oghma for the gift and drinks some water himself. He then looks over his other companions to make sure none of them need any further attention.

de-trick
2008-02-09, 03:30 PM
( rockdeworld why can I see your listen result in the topic reveiw)

rockdeworld
2008-02-09, 09:14 PM
((What do you mean?))

de-trick
2008-02-09, 09:31 PM
((A'right.))

[spoiler]Dunno what roll is needed, so here.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Listen - (1d20+17)[37]

Your first 2 are normal but the 3rd on is cheated, Don't play dumb I can see it and it isn't normal it should read[roll2]

rockdeworld
2008-02-09, 09:44 PM
((Check the OOC thread.))

de-trick
2008-02-12, 09:19 AM
(sorry thought you were trying the pull the wool over my eyes)

So yo heal up then move back to the other door way back, You go through the draping and see a small room, with pictographs all over the walls, where the next door should be there is a paster over it

rockdeworld
2008-02-12, 11:34 PM
((S'aright :smallbiggrin: I'd be suspicious too.))

Attempting to restart his conversation with Neshi, the dragon is chatting animatedly again.

"That prayer you said earlier was interesting - who were you praying to? On top of that, what were some of the words you used?"

Miraqariftsky
2008-02-16, 02:00 PM
"The prayer of healing over the lady Ninaste?" Neshi replies, looking over his shoulder while tracing the a column of hieroglyphs reverently with his trembling right hand.

"Well Furnacebreath, 'twas Isis, the goddess of light, love and liberty. Hers is the gift of happiness, healing and health. Aye, her and her son Horus the Falconlord, my patron..." he says, continuing.

But then he turns and fixes the dragon with his grey gaze and asks, "But ye, sir Brassblade, what meanst ye that understood ye not the words of prayer and power that spake I anon?"

rockdeworld
2008-02-16, 09:08 PM
The dragon snorts a bit at being called "Furnacebreath," but is somewhat mollified by the Sir Brassblade that followed it.

"By Horakhte's harrows, By Ra's righteousness So mote it be" The dragon recites perfectly, from memory. "These are words from before my time, and the power they seemed to give you was great, yet I know not how, for these are names that I have heard of only in legend. I had no idea that ones such as them still had followers in this day and age."

de-trick
2008-02-21, 12:09 AM
ok just so we are all clear there is a sealed door.

Miraqariftsky
2008-02-24, 12:25 PM
((sorry for taking so long))

((cast Detect Evil))

Neshi is reading the weathered columns of Horakhtic praise from the hieroglyphs on the wall, singing silently when he hears the dragon's answer. Suddenly, he whirls around, his eyes blazing scarlet. His voice rumbles with the growl of mountains crumbling asunder as he bares now-jagged teeth at the brass drake.

"NRAA-HA-HA-HA-HAA!", comes the sinister and vaguely femenine laughter thundering forth from the depths of his heart. "Thy legends pale before my full glory, wretched worm! I was here before the making of the world. I was here when Ra first awoke and burned away the primordial darkness. I was the one who first BROKE the world! HAHAHA! Quail before me, mortal scum, for I am..."

Suddenly, the terrible voice shifts down into a mellower, more jaded tone as his eyes' colour turn turquoise... "Ankhutar. I am Ankhutar the repented, Ankhutar the Lightbringer, headmistress of Sanctum..." Releasing a sigh that is weary of countless millennia, he... or rather, she, continues, "But then, truth be told, in age of old, I was known as..."

And then his voice grows dark and terrible once more. The very shadows on the walls sweep towards his hands and swirl and writhe like serpents about his feet, awaiting his deadly whims. "...SEKHMET! I AM THE QUEEN OF CHAOS, THE BLOOD-DRUNK, THE DEVOURER OF MEN, THE MARRER OF MOUNTAINS!"

Just as suddenly, his eyes flash a brilliant celestial azure and his voice speaks with the tongue of a maid more fair than mortal tongue can tell. Tinkling as winter's icicles melting away in spring's thaw, sweet as the most golden honey, the voice banishes the gloom from the room. "Ah, please be kind enough to forgive my shard-sisters, sir dragon. Also, please excuse me while I withdraw within and Smite that bitch-queen's insufferable evil..."

With those final words, Neshi's eyes roll back into their sockets and then he gives a primal yell as he slams his shield against the sealed door. Collapsing to his knees, panting heavily, he snarls, his neck muscles corded fiercely. His saliva drips from a slack mouth and he leans heavily upon his sword, stabbed into the stone of the temple floor.

Finally, the Fallen Templar looks up into the dragon's eyes, locking them with his own grey-pupiled gaze and then he says, "I am a wanderer of the ages. I am a walker of the wastes of boundless space. I slept in stone and swam the seas of unreckoned time, its golden sands long gone to ash and dust. My gods are those of an age long gone, long ago. My life was ended long ago"

de-trick
2008-02-24, 01:30 PM
you can tell there are mulitiple evil creatures, the strongest aura is strong

rockdeworld
2008-02-24, 01:51 PM
((What happened to everyone else? There used to be more posters in this game, didn't there?))

The dragon shrinks back slightly with a low hiss as the earth begins to shake and Neshi's first incarnation begins her bellowing yell, then angrily rises after hearing the part about being a wretched worm, with eyes glowing red and flames growing from the gaps in its maw. However, before the dragon decides to engulf Neshi and whatever clearly malevolent spirit his body is acting as an avatar for, another, mellower, incarnation takes hold of the man, and the dragon's curiosity re-emerges from beneath its anger and fear. The dragon listens complacently to the rest of the spirits' tirades, until Neshi's own personality emerges once more in a spasm of physical movement.

"Very interesting. You hold the spirits of the ancient gods inside you? So you are an avatar, of sorts. What do you mean, your life was ended? Tell me more about yourself."

bchilders
2008-02-24, 06:23 PM
(sorry it's been a while)

Tristan, getting more and more used to Neshi's transformations, listens to learn more of what caused these shards to posses his companion.

Miraqariftsky
2008-02-25, 11:15 AM
((What happened to everyone else? There used to be more posters in this game, didn't there?))

The dragon shrinks back slightly with a low hiss as the earth begins to shake and Neshi's first incarnation begins her bellowing yell, then angrily rises after hearing the part about being a wretched worm, with eyes glowing red and flames growing from the gaps in its maw. However, before the dragon decides to engulf Neshi and whatever clearly malevolent spirit his body is acting as an avatar for, another, mellower, incarnation takes hold of the man, and the dragon's curiosity re-emerges from beneath its anger and fear. The dragon listens complacently to the rest of the spirits' tirades, until Neshi's own personality emerges once more in a spasm of physical movement.

"Very interesting. You hold the spirits of the ancient gods inside you? So you are an avatar, of sorts. What do you mean, your life was ended? Tell me more about yourself."

Neshi sits down heavily upon a gigantic piece of broken statuary that looks like a lioness's toe. "'Life was ended'--- I was DEAD, blight take it all! I was dead... and now I live... To squeeze a tale of terror that shall surely harrow up your young heart's blood into a few moments' speech..."

"Ha-ha-ha! You make me laugh, young one" speaks the spirit-shard of Ankhutar through the mortal warrior's mouth before relinquishing his faculties to him.

The Fallen Templar heaves a weary sigh and leans back against the cold masonry of the wall. "I was once the captain of the Royal Guard of the fair city of Efer-nim. A thousand years ago, Apepi, the Night-Serpent arose and devoured Ra, plunging the world into eternal shadow. A thousand years ago, I had yet to reach twenty years when I had to lead the Guard on a hopeless, desperate campaign into the wilderness, leading hordes of the damned dead away from Efer-nim's innocents. On the third night we were decimated. Down to the last dozen men we stood, heaping high the wall of the slain..."

After slashing the air to add emphasis to his words, Neshi sighs dreamily with a glazed look in his grey eyes. "And then she came... plummeting from the sky, purifying to naught but ash all the daemons that besieged my beleaguered band... She was more fair than mortal tongue can tell. Her flowing hair a firestorm from Ra's own soul, her sword a searing serpent of virtued vengeance. She was Ankhutar..."

Suddenly, blood blasts from Neshi's nose in a crimson geyser. Speaking raggedly through gritted teeth, the Fallen Templar says with Daiyanissa's lovely voice, "Behind yon sealed door are creatures of chaos that call to my elder sister, pledging their services to her reign of terror. The sheer evil Taint of souls put them beyond redemption and the stench of their corruption just screams to be smote and Purified..."

"Comrade Yorrick, the maul, if ye please..." Neshi asks of his old friend, extending a trembling hand toward him.