PDA

View Full Version : What does 32 Str, 12 Dex, 12 Con, 6 Int, 14 Wis, and 5 Cha look like?

Zhentarim
2016-03-25, 11:19 PM
I have an orc bounty hunter that got accepted into a Way of the Wicked campaign, and though he has only 22 Str now, I want to train up to 32 strength. What do these stats look like? It is realistic for a bounty hunter?

Gildedragon
2016-03-25, 11:43 PM
He can benchpress a hippo (4,160 lbs lifting capacity)
he can drag a pair of empty freight containers (10400 lbs dragging capacity)

has no people skills whatsoever.

Tiri
2016-03-26, 12:17 AM
I should think a bounty hunter would need some modicum of Intelligence and Charisma. After all, they might need to negotiate with others or gather information. Especially if they work alone or are in charge of other bounty hunters.

Callista
2016-03-26, 12:36 AM
You're going to need someone to give you orders. The INT score is low; you're pretty slow. You probably can't figure out complicated puzzles or understand complicated theories. Your charisma makes you shy, gullible, socially awkward, and generally clueless. That means you're very easily led--you need a friend, probably another player, someone you can depend on when things get too difficult for you to understand.

On the plus side, your wisdom score makes you rather perceptive. You don't miss too much about your surroundings. Because you're low-INT, low-CHA, you're probably detail-oriented. You notice small details others don't. You may get fascinated with those details. Perhaps when you're tracking something, you get fascinated with the task of tracking, itself, rather than thinking very much about what your quarry might be thinking or feeling. You run on instinct--in fact, your instincts are probably the only thing about your mind that you can depend on. You probably used your Wisdom score to choose someone trustworthy to help you with your socializing and academics.

That Strength score is your most visible difference from other people. It's superhuman. You're probably perceptive enough to realize just how extreme it is, just how much stronger than the average person you are. Your Dexterity is average, so you probably haven't actually crushed someone accidentally, but you probably know that it's a real possibility. Other people may actually be afraid of you because of how strong you are; they may think of you as little better than an animal because your intelligence is low and your low charisma makes you seem even less like a person. You have probably faced quite a lot of prejudice your entire life, unless you live in a place where this kind of extreme stat difference is normal.

If you live among orcs or ogres, or similar strong/dumb types, then you might be respected for your strength--but your low CHA and INT might mean that a smarter or more persuasive person could easily con, trick, or simply intimidate you into doing what they want. You might have been regularly manipulated by those who were smarter/more personable than you.

As for your personality, you can pretty much go any way you like with this. You're socially awkward and a slow learner, but rather perceptive and extremely strong. How you react to that, and to the way others treated you growing up, depends on who you are. You might be an extrovert who loves people and doesn't understand when he's being taken advantage of. You might be a loner who's been hurt too many times. You might be happy and proud of your strength, or consider yourself a freak and try to hide it. You could go with any alignment you wanted. You have a lot of leeway despite those extreme stats.

DarkSoul
2016-03-26, 01:00 AM
He looks like Andre the Giant on steroids, with a nasty head wound that healed wrong.

HunterOfJello
2016-03-26, 01:09 AM
Thor from Sandman

http://i.imgur.com/5afqhRP.jpg

Âmesang
2016-03-26, 10:22 AM
I like Spoony's description of the troll character from the Counter Monkey episode, "Shadowrun: The Code" (paraphrasing).

"They see this guy who's built like a Sherman tank… like, again, literally built… built… who weighs and is built like a Sherman tank. I'm not actually abusing the term 'literally' here, he pretty much is armed like a Sherman tank."
Think that'd apply? :smallbiggrin:

hamishspence
2016-03-26, 12:20 PM
I have an orc bounty hunter that got accepted into a Way of the Wicked campaign, and though he has only 22 Str now, I want to train up to 32 strength. What do these stats look like? It is realistic for a bounty hunter?

22 is a lot less "inhuman" than 32 - comparable to real-life Worlds Strongest Man competition winners I would guess - at least, using 3.5 mechanics.

Hal0Badger
2016-03-26, 12:39 PM
with that con score, pretty much something like this:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/OYdXWXp16WoH6/200_s.gif

Seto
2016-03-26, 12:50 PM
That distribution fits an anemic elephant. Therefore, by virtue of Rule of Cool, I declare it looks like an anemic elephant.

Gildedragon
2016-03-26, 12:56 PM
That distribution fits an anemic elephant. Therefore, by virtue of Rule of Cool, I declare it looks like an anemic elephant.

>.> so it does... An exceptionally smart anemic elephant with relatively low interpersonal skills. A wizard among elephants

Sliver
2016-03-26, 01:21 PM
>.> so it does... An exceptionally smart anemic elephant with relatively low interpersonal skills. A wizard among elephants

Wizards have higher Con than that... They jog frequently.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-03-26, 01:28 PM
Wizards have higher Con than that... They jog frequently.Or at least run away really, really fast, possibly leaving their smoking boots behind.

Bayar
2016-03-26, 05:18 PM
Looks like a wise Tyrannosaurus Rex to be quite honest.

Demidos
2016-03-26, 07:15 PM
A loner with almost no people skills who is very aware of things around him/her but can't understand or relate to people on a fundamental level.

I present as an example Rachel Lindt/Hellhound (http://worm.wikia.com/wiki/Rachel_Lindt) from the Wormverse, but add ridiculous strength.

Zhentarim
2016-03-26, 07:17 PM
I made him an orc ranger

Zhentarim
2016-03-26, 07:20 PM
A loner with almost no people skills who is very aware of things around him/her but can't understand or relate to people on a fundamental level.

I present as an example Rachel Lindt/Hellhound (http://worm.wikia.com/wiki/Rachel_Lindt) from the Wormverse, but add ridiculous strength.

She looks pretty cool

Erik the Green
2016-03-27, 12:35 AM
I can't believe nobody has thrown this in yet, so here goes <clears throat>
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."
OTOH, Mongo did manage to notice and remember at just the right time that the whole mess was about "where the choo-choo goes," so big dumb muscle that very occasionally saves the day isn't the worst concept...and you personally don't always have to be mind aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention...could be restful :)