PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Nokrud potions?

dtilque
2016-03-26, 01:27 AM
In the first panel of strip 1030 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1030.html), Haley says she's going to be handing out potions that will help (at least it's implied) fight vampires. What kind of potions could be useful for fighting Nega-Dwarf and his minions?

RatElemental
2016-03-26, 02:04 AM
I would think all the usual ones. Heroism, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace and the like. Maybe a protection from evil, or an oil of Bless Weapon or something. Then there's the ever present healing potions.

Jasdoif
2016-03-26, 02:07 AM
It's not like Nale's going to be ordering Negative Energy Protection (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0906.html) in bulk now; his supplier's bound to be wholesaling some off to reduce warehousing costs....

shockeroo
2016-03-26, 05:18 AM
Healing potions are probably a big deal now, since they just lost their primary healer...

dtilque
2016-03-26, 03:10 PM
I was looking for things specific to fighting vampires. Healing potions aren't specific, and furthermore don't do anything for energy drains, for example. I wasn't sure there was a potion against those, but forgot about Nale's Negative Energy Protection elixirs. I wonder if Haley has managed to get some of those.

How about domination resistance? Do any potions raise one's Will Save?

Deprox
2016-03-26, 07:02 PM
Do note that Haley never said the potions would be meant to help fighting a vampire. She's probably just going to hand the ship's healing potions to everyone since, you know, they have no healer except for Elan.

dtilque
2016-03-26, 07:58 PM
Do note that Haley never said the potions would be meant to help fighting a vampire.

She certainly implied it, though, since her statement followed immediately on the heals of Roy's statement about preparing to fight vampires. Healing potions are nice, but they don't do anything about energy drains.

hroşila
2016-03-26, 08:12 PM
All the potions mentioned in this thread would help when fighting a vampire. That they'd also help when fighting anything else is neither here nor there - they qualify all the same. It is not at all "certain" that Haley must be referring to special anti-vampire potions.

RatElemental
2016-03-26, 09:49 PM

I'm fairly certain the potion of protection from evil I mentioned would grant the same resistance to domination that Belkar's clasp of protection from evil would.

mikelibrarian
2016-04-07, 02:54 AM
I was looking for things specific to fighting vampires. Healing potions aren't specific, and furthermore don't do anything for energy drains, for example. I wasn't sure there was a potion against those, but forgot about Nale's Negative Energy Protection elixirs. I wonder if Haley has managed to get some of those.

Owl's Wisdom