PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Character Build

DracoKnight
2016-03-26, 04:44 AM
You've just rolled 16/15/10/14/16/18 and you can put them in any order; what do you build?

Personally, I was thinking Totem Warrior (Bear) 3/ Sun Soul 17, with the following stats (using the barbarian's Unarmored Defense):

STR 14
DEX 19 (+1 racial)
CON 17 (+1; Durable)
INT 10
WIS 16 (+1 racial)
CHA 16

With the first ASI I would bump CON and DEX. After that I would probably take Tough, Savage Attacker, and finally +2 CON.

Foxhound438
2016-03-26, 05:00 AM
savage is pretty weak, and doesn't apply to sun laser attacks (has to be weapon if i remember correctly). You're probably better off taking something like alert or observant.

If i'd rolled those stats it'd be paladin 11/ monk 9, improved divine smite and hunter's mark applying to each of 4 attacks sounds good to me.

djreynolds
2016-03-26, 07:28 AM
You still need wisdom for stunning fist and other monk stuff. So max out dex, and con and wis. No reason not to. If you have room for toughness go for it, but you will not need it.

I would look into mobile or sentinel, but really 4 feats just throw them into abilities end up with 20 in dex, wis, and con.

Malifice
2016-03-26, 07:46 AM
If i'd rolled those stats it'd be paladin 11/ monk 9, improved divine smite and hunter's mark applying to each of 4 attacks sounds good to me.

I have a total desire to crack out a Paladin 6/ Monk 14 (I'll fluff it as a Sohei, and use a spear refluffed as a lajatang) for Proff + cha in all saves (plus rerolls).

Something so comforting about having all saves of around +10 on average with re-rolls.

JumboWheat01
2016-03-26, 07:58 AM
You've just rolled 16/15/10/14/16/18 and you can put them in any order; what do you build?

Rock Gnome Wizard.

STR - 10
DEX - 16
CON - 17 (16+1)
WIS - 15
INT - 20 (18+2)
CHA - 14

Spend the first ASI on Resilience (CON) and I'm pretty much all set for the rest of the game, just finish off capping CON and DEX, leaving one more ASI that I can pretty much spend on what I please. Maybe Observant to even out that WIS score and get a bonus to Investigation, which no Wizard should be without.

Mors
2016-03-27, 11:41 AM
In another forum I had seen the build below.
Winged Tiefling Bear Totem Barbarian 1 / Shadow Sorcerer 1 / Close Quarters Shooting Devotion Paladin 6 / Undying Light Blade Warlock 12

Defensively it has resistance, cannot die from light hits and can fly on-will.

Offensively has antagonising blast that ignores cover and conceal and can add cha to damage and use sacred weapon plus greenflame blade or just two attacksfor damaging melee attacks. The fact that it can take serious advantage of all the stats make it for a supreme build. Just take great weapon master and maybe warcaster for bb/gfb aoos and the rest go to cha, str and dex in that order.