PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Elemental Master Arcanist's Exploits and Crossblooded Sorcerer question

Hogsy
2016-03-26, 03:40 PM
Does the Elemental Master's "Elemental Attack" count as a spell when it comes to the bloodline arcana that the Orc and Draconic bloodlines grant?

"Elemental Attack (Su)

At 3rd level, the elemental master gains an arcanist exploit tied to her element. If she selected air, she gains the lightning lance arcanist exploit. If she selected earth, she gains the acid jet arcanist exploit. If she selected fire, she gains the flame arc arcanist exploit. If she selected water, she gains the ice missile arcanist exploit.

This ability replaces the arcanist exploit gained at 3rd level."

"Bloodline Arcana: You gain the orc subtype, including darkvision 60 feet and light sensitivity. If you already have darkvision, its range increases to 90 feet. Whenever you cast a spell that deals damage, that spell deals +1 point of damage per die rolled."

"Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell with an energy descriptor that matches your draconic bloodline's energy type, that spell deals +1 point of damage per die rolled."

I guess what I'm asking is whether the Arcanist's exploits would be eligible to gain the bonus to damage rolls that these bloodlines give if all other prerequisites are met.

Florian
2016-03-26, 03:50 PM
They are (Su), so: no.

Hogsy
2016-03-26, 03:56 PM
They are (Su), so: no.

That's a shame, maybe if I decide to play an Elemental Master blaster I can ask my DM to homerule it or something. Thanks anyway.