PDA

View Full Version : Using spell points and high casting stat.

Nosta
2016-03-26, 08:24 PM
Ok. So i would like to know if one gets bonus spell points from a high casting stat? My cha is 22 and i'd like to know if i have extra spell points to use.

Gildedragon
2016-03-26, 08:30 PM
Yes
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/spellPoints.htm

See: Bonus Spell Points

Zancloufer
2016-03-26, 09:17 PM
As cool of a concept that spell-points are they seem to seriously reduce the spells per day. Psion/Wilder numbers for PP might work better than the current SP numbers.

Worth noting that a Wizard or Cleric has almost as many spells as per day as a sorcerer. With standard spell casting a Sorcerer has between 150% and 250% the spells per day as a normal prepared caster. Under this system they have between 7 and 20% more spells per day.

There is literally almost no benefit to being a Sorcerer over a wizard in this system. A level 20 Wizard "Knows" 40 spells per day and has 232 SP before Int. A Sorcerer "Knows" 40 spells and has 249 spell points. Also the Wizard can change his spells "known" each day. Also 1/4th the spells known for the sorcerer are level 0 spells. It's even bad, at level 2 a Sorcerer knows one more spell (a level 0 spell at that) and can only cast one extra spell per day, vs being able to cast 3 more normally.