PDA

View Full Version : Nethack 3.6.0 released

Shishnarfne
2016-03-26, 08:34 PM
I apparently missed that the Nethack dev team is at it again, and there's a new edition available.

So, I've killed off two characters this afternoon. I need to get back into this, I figure, given that I was so disappointed with myself when I went into Gehennom with a promising Ranger... without Cold Resist. Guess what some of the Demon Lords can cast?

Anteros
2016-03-26, 09:52 PM
I apparently missed that the Nethack dev team is at it again, and there's a new edition available.

So, I've killed off two characters this afternoon. I need to get back into this, I figure, given that I was so disappointed with myself when I went into Gehennom with a promising Ranger... without Cold Resist. Guess what some of the Demon Lords can cast?

Is it fire? I bet it's fire.

I've never really been able to get into Nethack. I've sunk tons of hours into ToME and Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, but Nethack just never held my attention.

factotum
2016-03-27, 02:16 AM
Wow. That makes, what, 12 years between releases? (And what happened to version 3.5.0? Inquiring minds want to know...).

Alent
2016-03-27, 12:19 PM
Maybe I'll try to make another crack at Nethack. For as much as I enjoy the game, I've never made it past the 11th floor. :smallfrown:

Teln
2016-03-28, 11:54 PM
Wow. That makes, what, 12 years between releases? (And what happened to version 3.5.0? Inquiring minds want to know...).

The devs decided to skip a number in response to a source code leak.

Grif
2016-03-29, 02:58 AM
Maybe I'll try to make another crack at Nethack. For as much as I enjoy the game, I've never made it past the 11th floor. :smallfrown:

Dying right before the correct altar was the greatest disappointment in my life. :smallannoyed: (Was a Tourist)

sleepy hedgehog
2016-03-29, 10:10 AM
Any idea how much got changed?
Maybe I'll give it another shot.

I've ascended twice, both times as a wizard.

scottcrowan
2016-04-20, 01:51 AM
I am very happy to hear this that netpack 3.6.0 is released.