PDA

View Full Version : Every Name Tells a Story

Luna_Mayflower
2016-03-26, 10:56 PM
"Greetings, my friends. Our great leader, the Giant, has supplied us with with wonderful comics once more, and upon reading this very page, and then retiring to rest, I was visited by three strange individuals in the land of dreams. The first was the very snake we all know and love, the one the calender did hint of his return: Malack/Jake. I rejoiced, and was about to embrace him, before I was stopped by the second figure. Roy. He stood between my love and I, glaring deep into my soul. "Recognize..." He boomed so loud that my fingers shook and begged for mercy. "How hard it is to go into battle against a face you love." And in his hand was a blade. He passed me this blade, and his behest was for me to slay dear Malack. The third figure, like Xykon but wearing country attire, taunted me also. Together, I realized I had no choice. I had to do it. I had to dust my beloved." - Luna Elysia Mayflower

Hello! And welcome to my newest revelation regarding the Order of the Stick. You can all see that the newest strip contains many names for the traitor, but I'm hear to show you the code behind them.

Leechy Veinquaff contains both the name Lee, member and brains of the IFCC, and Chy, close in spelling to the greek letter Chi. If we reverse the two, we see that the order is feeling "Chi-lee", or "chilly", for their trip to the north. They are feeling cold, not just for the weather, but also for the fact they must face their close friend in battle. Jerkon also reinforces this, in that they must fight Durkon, and such a thought "jerks" at their hearts.

Now we know their true feelings, we can move onto their plan for defeating Durkon. The Corpse Formally Know as Durkon hints at the fact that they'll turn him into a corpse, but how? Gregs is a pastry shop in the UK, and as such, we can assume the name Greg is V admitting that she will use fire to slay the traitor, like one uses fire to bake things (a reference to Inkyrus, perhaps?). This is reinforced by Pastor Expiration, which sounds similar to Pastry Expiration, and as we all know, warmth aids bacteria, so V is saying he will use heat to cause the pastry (life) of Greg (Durkon) to expire (end). Durkzzaro is Belkar's admittance that he will summon some kind of Bee, hence the ZZ in the name, using his Ranger spells to attack Durkon. Nokrud is Haley telling us that she will use "No Crud" in her strategy, and so will use nothing of low quality; only the best for our favorite greedy rogue. Finally, Elan suggests the name The Thorsaken, meaning that he will forsake his use of his normal tactics, ie being a bard, and will embrace the tactics of Thor, ie smashing things with a hammer and lightning bolts.

Most of the other names are simply thrown in there to confuse us (don't confuse us, Giant, please). However, one more name is worth examining. Count Durkula is a reference to two things. Firstly, that the party is counting down the days until the gods destroy the world, therefore inferring that time is running out. Secondly, that Durkon will be celebrating Yule when they arrive (Durkon celebrates a Yule -> Durkon a Yule -> Durk a ul -> Durkula), so the battle will occur around the time of Christmas (Either in-world or in our time).

I hope I've shed some light on the Giant's very clever hidden messages in his latest comic. If I'm wrong, and there are even more messages in the names I've dismissed, feel free to correct me.

Stay strong,
Luna.

RatElemental
2016-03-27, 02:30 AM
I believe "Whiskers in the Dark" may be referring to attacking from the concealment of darkness. Possibly be whichever member of the order manages to grow a beard by the time of the fight.

Professor Gnoll
2016-03-27, 03:41 AM
My prophet! You have returned! Worry not, in your absence, your faithful have remained so. The Church of Mayflower is strong. I am glad that Jake will soon return to us. We have missed him sorely.

I hope I've shed some light on the Giant's very clever hidden messages in his latest comic. If I'm wrong, and there are even more messages in the names I've dismissed, feel free to correct me.Please do not be so humble! The prophet is never incorrect. Only the most foolish would presume to correct you.

Onyavar
2016-03-27, 06:39 PM
I hope I've shed some light on the Giant's very clever hidden messages in his latest comic. If I'm wrong, and there are even more messages in the names I've dismissed, feel free to correct me.

Stay strong,
Luna.

As you explicitly named me to explain your dream, I have graciously decided to grant your request. So behold the intrepretation as it was revealed to me:
Your friend Jake was the first coming, he sacrificed himself to destroy all our souls. But on the third day, his ashes shall float from the desert sand into the rift and merge with the Snaaral, commonly known as Snarl (Note: Snakes are Malack )

Clearly, the Giant has chosen to reveal to us that the vampire is actually the nameless EVIL. This evil as it visits upon both your dream world and the stickyverse, is soon enslaving both Xykon and Tarquin and will be the main hero of this comic, readying itself to save the destruction of the world before Roy will be able to save it.

This nameless EVIL will then merge with the Snarl and become whole again. In the name of the Snarl, the Jake and the unholy vampire: So die we all.

Gift Jeraff
2016-03-27, 07:43 PM
"Greetings, my friends.

This.

/thread

Markozeta
2016-03-29, 02:08 AM
Oh mighty Luna, I see now what Malack has brought forth to me - a pre-emptive strike on the part of Elan. Forgive this simple fool for presuming more than the mighty Luna, but I humbly state that Elan suggests the Thorsaken that he plans to smash things with a hammer, but first he will have Thor have sake with Nergal. He will use his influence with the Southern Gods as Hinjo's savior and convene with Thor to switch Nergal's deciding vote in the Western pantheon, as he kind of looks like a lion and wanted to be part of the animals anyways. Clearly this is his first plan, before the Pastor Expiration. Only after he has past this he will expire and indeed forsake his bardic ways!

Perhaps, i have not seen the light as you, but this is what the mighty Malack has brought forth to me as a warning - this will only offend the mighty Nergal!

martianmister
2016-03-29, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately, Nega-Dwarf implies that he will negate all of their attacks, and kill every dwarf he find, which is impled by "-" (minus) sign.