PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Paladin?

TheCrowing1432
2016-03-27, 02:31 AM
The Mystic Ranger is a ranger ACF that drops the Rangers animal companion and rearranges some of his class features for getting spells sooner and going up to 5th level spells.

My question is was there ever a version of this for the paladin? And if not, how would a conversion be made?

I am not looking for a cleric/favored soul/crusader/whatever else, Im talking a paladin, with spells, at least up to 5th level.

Darrin
2016-03-27, 09:49 AM
My question is was there ever a version of this for the paladin?

Officially, no.

And if not, how would a conversion be made?

You'd have to homebrew something. Here's one version (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?210539-3-5-Mystic-Paladin). Hmm. Not really finding any others that stick to the same progression.

ATHATH
2016-03-27, 11:13 AM
Be a Mystic Ranger, and have your first FE be Evil. Dip Cloistered Cleric, then take a level of Prestige Paladin and all five levels of Ordained Champion. Advance Ordained Champion with Legacy Champion. Congratulations, you can now smite evil better than a Paladin can (better damage and no targeting restrictions (other than having to use it on a melee attack), cast his spells better than he can (higher CL+the War Domain and Ranger Spells), and can use Detect Evil better than he can (use Detect Favored Enemy). If you really want to rub your superiority in his face, use DMM to Persist Divine Power to close the 1 BAB gap between you and the Paladin.

Remember that even your class says "Ranger" (or something else), you can still fluff yourself as a Paladin. Is there something that you specifically need to be a Paladin for?

Jormengand
2016-03-27, 07:28 PM
Mystic Fire Knight with the Sword of the Arcane Order feat is the closest. Take the Battle Blessing feat and be an illumian to change your casting to be, I dunno, strength-based, and you're golden. (Battle blessing allows you to cast 8th-level-equivalent spells, after all).

Coidzor
2016-03-27, 08:37 PM
Giving up the mount and heavy, maybe medium armor would be the most analogous way to start on homebrewing it.

ericgrau
2016-03-27, 09:05 PM
Maybe drop mount, paladin casting, lay on hands, divine health, turn undead, remove disease, heavy armor and medium armor for bard casting. Keep detect evil, divine grace and smite but you may want to refluff them.

Remove any spells that are also on the druid and/or ranger lists but not any other lists. And anything purely music based. But all the other bard stuff could work well, even illusions, enchantments, buffs, debuffs and what not.

Either that or give delayed sorcerer casting so it's cha based.

Thurbane
2016-03-27, 11:25 PM
I homebrewed an alternate Paladin once that had the casting progression of a Bard. 5th and 6th level spells were mainly Cleric spells from the Abjuration and Conjuration (Healing) schools...