PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Empyreal Sorcerer/ Wind Shaman Mystic Theurge

Shadowscale
2016-03-27, 03:10 AM
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had an idea how to go about building a mystic theurge that is wisdom SAD, I thought thewse two classes would be entertaining to play and still decently effective.

If anyone would be so kind I was hoping someone would be able to tell me a sample way to build this character?
I've always loved the mystic theurge and with the pathfinder errata basically disallowing all early entry I had to find a way to play it straight and I was hoping this would be the ticket.

Shadowscale
2016-03-28, 02:24 AM
no takers then?

Florian
2016-03-28, 02:34 AM
Not getting warm with the concept. Empyreal sorcerer is good to theurge with a WIS-based caster, but Shaman loses too much by being used in a theurge.

avr
2016-03-28, 03:02 AM
What do you actually want to achieve with the character? 'To play a mystic theurge' isn't really an answer.

If you want to mix typically divine and arcane spells there are 101 different ways in PF without using the mystic theurge PrC. Which is good because 3rd level spells at 9th level on a primary caster (what you're looking at here) really sucks.

If you want to cast a large number of 1st-2nd level spells I recommend taking the craft wand and scribe scroll feats, possibly on a Razmiran priest sorcerer.

If there's something else, what might it be?

Shadowscale
2016-03-28, 01:37 PM
Not getting warm with the concept. Empyreal sorcerer is good to theurge with a WIS-based caster, but Shaman loses too much by being used in a theurge.

What would you suggest then, cleric?

Florian
2016-03-28, 01:41 PM
What would you suggest then, cleric?

Depends on what exactly you aim at.

Theurge with a broad spell casting base but lacking in high levels spell?
Then Empyreal Sorcerer/Cleric/Mystic Theurge

Being able to caste arcane and divine spells with a narrow spell casting base but be on the level with those spells?
Then Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate)/Magaambyan Arcanist (PrC) to simply add druid spell to your wizard spell book.

Shadowscale
2016-03-28, 02:32 PM
Depends on what exactly you aim at.

Theurge with a broad spell casting base but lacking in high levels spell?
Then Empyreal Sorcerer/Cleric/Mystic Theurge

Being able to caste arcane and divine spells with a narrow spell casting base but be on the level with those spells?
Then Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate)/Magaambyan Arcanist (PrC) to simply add druid spell to your wizard spell book.
The first option sounds fun, I'll just have to see how competing it can be, I'd imagine tier 3 or so. I like being the generalist with near unlimited spell options.

Florian
2016-03-28, 02:40 PM
The first option sounds fun, I'll just have to see how competing it can be, I'd imagine tier 3 or so. I like being the generalist with near unlimited spell options.

Itīs a pain in the ass to play up from level one, thatīs for sure. If VMC is an option, then go for VMC Monk as you donīt really have anything better to do with your feats (besides Augment Summoning) and youīll find your armor and shield proficiencies wasted anyways. You can fool around with Blood Crow Strike later, when you gain 4th level cleric spells.

Edit: Use a Half Elf and pick up the Bifurcated Magic trait. That gives +2 CL to two spellcasting classes.

Shadowscale
2016-03-28, 02:51 PM
Itīs a pain in the ass to play up from level one, thatīs for sure. If VMC is an option, then go for VMC Monk as you donīt really have anything better to do with your feats (besides Augment Summoning) and youīll find your armor and shield proficiencies wasted anyways. You can fool around with Blood Crow Strike later, when you gain 4th level cleric spells.

Edit: Use a Half Elf and pick up the Bifurcated Magic trait. That gives +2 CL to two spellcasting classes.

Sure, and thank you, a monkish MT is what I've always wanted to play anyhow, what level do you think I'd qualify for the PRC?

Florian
2016-03-28, 03:01 PM
I donīt know any shortcut that still works, so youīll have to go Sorc4/Clr3 to qualify.
Personally, Iīd go Sorc7/Clr3, else you simply lose to many features just for an early entry.

Shadowscale
2016-03-28, 05:58 PM
Thanks, it's nice to have a progression available as I plan to run pathfinder society, here's to hoping that half elf trait is allowed.