PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Psychic Theurge archer

Raihen
2016-03-27, 10:11 AM
Hey all !

I am part of 3.5 campaign, playing as 13th level Cloistered Cleric archer, I mainly DPS and in combat utility when needed. I want to do a rebuild to spice things out, I thought about psionics because I wanted to try it for some time already. I want to keep Cloistered cleric chassis with Ardent and Psychic Theurge :
Cloistered Cleric 3/Ardent 2/Psychic Theurge 8
Lesser Aasimar
S:10
D:13
C:14
I:10
W:20
Ch:12
Above are without items.
Feats(2 flaws) : Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Practiced Manifester, Zen Archery, Holy Warrior and Knowledge Devotion from Knowledge Domain swap.
I am not sure about 12th level feat - I was thinking about Metamorphic Transfer or Divine Ward so I don't have get too close when our Fighter needs some buffs or Heal.
Domains : Travel, War
I have friendly Incantatrix who persist my Divine Power and Divine Favor, so far with my daily buffs I have +26 attack bonus + knowledge devotion. Bow of Wintermoon with Force is more than enough damage for now.

So I am thorn which Mantles I should take. I know about Substitute Power from Mind's Eye. For sure I will take Time Mantle for action economy, also I want pick something to give me Metamorphosis - maybe DM will agree to add it to Physical Power, since I want to pick Vigor as well, so I can stay alive without problem. I was also thinking about Freedom because free +10f speed is always good and it gives me Hustle. Maybe even toss out Travel Domain, since I can have teleport from Freedom Mantle and take Elf Domain so I free up one feat. However I am still not sure which powers/mantles I should take. My AC is horrible, however I feel like I should increase my defense by avoiding(positioning/concealment) rather than increasing AC since I am not in meele.

Anyway any ideas what should I change or which powers to take ? I am not super familiar with psionics. Or maybe even other ideas to incorporate psionics into this build ?

I was also thinking about Cleric/Meldshaper instead, however I wasn't blow out by Meldshaping - it is interesting, but I am not sure if there is something useful for me.

Thank you in advance !

Nohwl
2016-03-27, 11:23 AM
id' recommend time mantle and smiting spell, along with quintessence.

there isn't an action to remove quintessence from an object. if you picked the time mantle and convinced your dm to give you quintessence as a power because of substitute mantle, you could get smiting spell to put a spell on an arrow, dip it in a bunch of quintessence and then store it for later use. just say the stuff comes off mid flight or something and your quiver is full of quintessence to preserve the arrows. basically, you could cast spells days in advance, store them and use as many as you wanted whenever you attacked. or pass them out to other party members.