PDA

View Full Version : Is there room for The Red Hood in the DC-CU?

themaque
2016-03-28, 03:32 PM
Love it or Hate it you have to admit this is a grittier BATMAN.

Now, the end of the film implies that he might be back on a straighter path, however he isn't above killing people through most of this film.

Is there room for The Red Hood? Is this even MORE relevant now that Bruce has walked the line so close?

Maybe we will see in Suicide Squad as maybe that answers, Why IS Joker still alive with a Batman willing to kill.

What are your thoughts?

digiman619
2016-03-28, 03:43 PM
As long as Scott Lobdell isn't writing it, maybe. His version of Starfire was kinda super-offensive.

Hopeless
2016-03-28, 03:44 PM
I thought the insinuation is that the original Joker is dead, but the Suicide Squad Joker is actually a brainwashed Robin?

If they're using the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel as part of the B Vs S mess then that would be the likely scenario wouldn't it?

themaque
2016-03-28, 03:56 PM
I thought the insinuation is that the original Joker is dead, but the Suicide Squad Joker is actually a brainwashed Robin?

If they're using the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel as part of the B Vs S mess then that would be the likely scenario wouldn't it?

I thought they said that wasn't the case? I like the idea but I haven't seen proof positive.

Zmeoaice
2016-03-28, 04:33 PM
Maybe if Red Hood kills people for littering and jaywalking.

But I'm not looking forward to anything in the DC Live Action Crapverse. The only DC film I'm looking forward to is Lego Batman.

ben-zayb
2016-03-29, 08:50 AM
I posed a similar question in the BvS thread, based on what I read about this version of the dark knight. I'd probably hold off my thoughts until after I watched the movie this incoming weekend, in order to have a better idea on what this version of Batman really is.

That said, it would be a shame if a Red Hood story isn't feasible in this DC universe, considering the overall tone so far. It's also nice to experiment with more of the batman's rogue gallery, although admittedly IMO none of them really became legitimately iconic in the big screen aside from the Joker, so far. Of the stand-outs, Ahnold's Fries claim to fame are just terrible puns, Bane's more of a meme at this point, and Catwoman's popularity is more due to her being a foil and an anti-hero at the same time instead of a full-blown villain.