PDA

View Full Version : Player Help MC Rogue/sorcerer!

Rongueri16
2016-03-28, 06:01 PM
HI guys. Im have a Asessinate Rogue lvl 9,im going to lvl 10. im want to create multiclassing rogue/sorcerer, Is Factible? 3 sorcerer lvl with 17 roghe lvl?? Sames Builds? Can help me?

My Inglish is too bad for write!

Stats:
Rogue lvl 9 Hp 81. Armor Class: 17.
Halfing Stout, Charlatan.
Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 20 (+5)
Con: 16 (+3)
Int: 10 (+0)
Win: 10 (+0)
Cha 14 (+2)

silverkyo
2016-03-28, 07:55 PM
HI guys. Im have a Asessinate Rogue lvl 9,im going to lvl 10. im want to create multiclassing rogue/sorcerer, Is Factible? 3 sorcerer lvl with 17 roghe lvl?? Sames Builds? Can help me?

My Inglish is too bad for write!

Stats:
Rogue lvl 9 Hp 81. Armor Class: 17.
Halfing Stout, Charlatan.
Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 20 (+5)
Con: 16 (+3)
Int: 10 (+0)
Win: 10 (+0)
Cha 14 (+2)

You might get a lot more use out of Warlock if you're only doing 3 levels. The power of the sorcerer is usually in the sorcerer points and changing your resources around with it and customizing your spells. Also, the amount you can cast in a day is still really limited. The warlock on the other hand you can refresh your spells with a short rest, and get the Demon Eyes invocation to cover the fact that you picked one of the 2 races without darkvision to have darkvision all the time. Personally, I just feel it's a stronger choice for the rogue. You get a lot more front loaded features that you can use more per game.

THAT BEING SAID: You can still totally go sorcerer if you want, and you'll still get that same early power. Definitely don't go for damage spells, get some of that sweet utility that you want as a rogue.

MrStabby
2016-03-29, 05:42 PM
You most certainly can do this and it can be devastatingly effective.

Personally I believe arcane trickster (or even swashbuckler) sorc has the edge but this is still pretty good.

So the reasons rogue / sorc is one of the best gish type charters:

SCAG cantrips like booming blade. These don't play well with extra attacks but do play very very well with boosts to damage from attacks.

Booming blade+cunning action. If you can hurt a guy if they move whilst at the same time leaving them with no one next to them it is pretty sweet.

The spells that go well with rogue do not benefit from high Cha - so a Cha 13 character is fine. spells like invisibility etc..

Metamagic like quicken spell nets you a second chance to hit with sneak attack. Twinned spell is a very efficient way to hit two targets - but you kind of need a whip for that to reliably get multiples in range.

If you do have higher Cha then spells like hold person can be brutal whilst quickened. That is one nasty, nasty crit when you add cantrip damage to sneak attack and double all the dice. The level 9 arcane trickster ability really helps this and is the main reason I prefer it to the assassin.

Silent spell gives you a lot of versatility to influence events without being seen when coupled with typical rogue stealth.

You have other options open to you - expertise in athletics + str to grapple is ok; when you do it to a spellcaster and drop a quickened silence on the whole affair you win the encounter (I think I learned silence from sorc not AT).

My personal view is that it is worth taking Sorc to level 4. This gets you the ASI, the level 2 utility spells and a maximum pool of 4 sorcery points (a decent number of your spell slots may go to topping this up). Level 5 sorc still offers a lot - more spell points and level 3 spells - but a lot of the level 3 spells that seem attractive are dependant on high Cha. Level 6 is only really worth it if you went draconic bloodline and you want to boost your cantrip damage. To be honest, I would even consider radiant soul at level 1 from the undying light warlock as a bit of a shortcut here if you were going to want to chose fire.

Rongueri16
2016-03-31, 01:52 PM
You most certainly can do this and it can be devastatingly effective.

Personally I believe arcane trickster (or even swashbuckler) sorc has the edge but this is still pretty good.

So the reasons rogue / sorc is one of the best gish type charters:

SCAG cantrips like booming blade. These don't play well with extra attacks but do play very very well with boosts to damage from attacks.

Booming blade+cunning action. If you can hurt a guy if they move whilst at the same time leaving them with no one next to them it is pretty sweet.

The spells that go well with rogue do not benefit from high Cha - so a Cha 13 character is fine. spells like invisibility etc..

Metamagic like quicken spell nets you a second chance to hit with sneak attack. Twinned spell is a very efficient way to hit two targets - but you kind of need a whip for that to reliably get multiples in range.

If you do have higher Cha then spells like hold person can be brutal whilst quickened. That is one nasty, nasty crit when you add cantrip damage to sneak attack and double all the dice. The level 9 arcane trickster ability really helps this and is the main reason I prefer it to the assassin.

Silent spell gives you a lot of versatility to influence events without being seen when coupled with typical rogue stealth.

You have other options open to you - expertise in athletics + str to grapple is ok; when you do it to a spellcaster and drop a quickened silence on the whole affair you win the encounter (I think I learned silence from sorc not AT).

My personal view is that it is worth taking Sorc to level 4. This gets you the ASI, the level 2 utility spells and a maximum pool of 4 sorcery points (a decent number of your spell slots may go to topping this up). Level 5 sorc still offers a lot - more spell points and level 3 spells - but a lot of the level 3 spells that seem attractive are dependant on high Cha. Level 6 is only really worth it if you went draconic bloodline and you want to boost your cantrip damage. To be honest, I would even consider radiant soul at level 1 from the undying light warlock as a bit of a shortcut here if you were going to want to chose fire.

Thanx, can you create a guide to lvl 10-20 lvl with Rogue/Warl. Multiclassing? with 3 lvl Warlk

djreynolds
2016-04-01, 05:25 AM
In the UA, there are two bard archetypes, jester and college of swords, these could be cool as well. Bard could really open up some options for you. You have three charisma based casters, bard and warlock could give some extra martial oomph and sorcerer is nice.

Try to dig up the college of swords from the UA in January or February, it will give you spells, free two-weapon fighting style, medium armor and scimitar proficiency and you can use three flourishes based on your bardic inspiration. One adds to AC, one to hit with thrown daggers, and another cool one. And spells.