PDA

View Full Version : Portable Granblue Fantasy

Sallera
2016-03-29, 07:10 AM
Granblue Fantasy is a mobile RPG in the style of classic Final Fantasy games (complete with Nobuo Uematsu score), combined with some modern elements like a rare character gacha, extra team leaders from your friends (in the style of Puzzle and Dragons and similar games), and a fairly robust coop mode. The PC works on a job system (1-3 main skills and one mix-and-match option from other jobs you've unlocked), while your side characters have fixed capabilities; you also get a set of summons, the main one of which provides your party with a leader skill. I only started playing last week myself, so I can't comment on what the end game is like, but so far I've been pretty impressed. The production quality is fairly high, with all the main quests being fully voiced, as well as the characters in battle, and the music is just as good as you'd expect, given the composer.

If you haven't heard of it, I'd not be surprised, as it's currently JP-only. However, it's supposedly getting an English translation patch soon (original announcement targeted this month, but there's been no news since, so it may have been delayed a bit), and if you've been waiting for the patch before playing, or if you just want to give it a try, there's no better time to start than today. The current event gives players ten free rolls on the gacha every day for the next week (something that usually takes a few dozen quests to earn), with double rates on the rarest tier for the duration; base rates are pretty low (3% for the really good stuff, so currently 6%), but it should still be more than enough to give you a good starting party. Even if you don't play any further than the tutorial until the patch comes out, it's definitely worth your time to log in once a day and roll. (Also, all cutscenes and dialogue are replayable from the in-game notebook, so if you want to just play ahead and go back to read the story afterward, that's also an option.)

The game is available from the JP app store on iOS (search グランブルーファンタジー, you'll probably need to create a JP Apple ID if you don't have one already), and as far as I know it's in the same place on Android. You can also play on PC using the Chrome app here (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%8 3%BC%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B8% E3%83%BCchromeapps%E7%89%88/eablgejicbklomgaiclcolfilbkckngf). There's a fairly comprehensive guide in English here (gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/240/granblue-fantasy-ultimate-guide).

scottcrowan
2016-04-20, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the post. This is really a useful information you have given.