PDA

View Full Version : Question on rope trick spell

vvilhelm
2016-03-29, 07:55 AM
In the Description on the spell it states the length of rope can be up to 60 feet. My question is how short can it be? Could it be 2 ft? or how ever tall a table is, so you could in theory hid inside a table.

Secondly what is above the Rope trick? What happens if you enter it from above? You just pass through like there is nothing there or what. If short and along the floor.

Joe the Rat
2016-03-29, 08:14 AM
I see no reason it can't be short. Or you cast it on a rope coiled under a table, and it stops at table height.

The window is a one-sided portal - you come in from below. falling from above, or passing through sideways shouldn't let you in (though an upward angle may). but I'd be inclined to allow a check to find it based on the weird space-warpy feeling of passing through a divided space.

From the inside, you'd probably see some sort of staticy-sparkly-misty blur where the person contacts from the wrong side.

SharkForce
2016-03-29, 08:41 AM
in previous editions, i believe the minimum length was 5 feet. also, i think you might technically have to climb the rope to get into the demiplane, which does also help put a minimum height requirement (good luck climbing a 2 foot rope).

vvilhelm
2016-03-29, 08:57 AM
i was kind of thinking to Stepping into the Space if its short enough? but if you have to climb the rope is it considered climbing if you hold the rope and stand up? it kind of feel it says climb to get to the space, thinking you use a longer stretch of rope.