PDA

View Full Version : Complete script + translation

thsoft
2007-06-21, 04:14 AM
Hi all,
Is there a complete, searchable textual OotS script? This would ease search extraordinarily. And - this question is addressed to the Giant primarily - if there isn't, may one be made? And what about making a fan translation?

Firestar27
2007-06-21, 11:03 AM
There isn't a script, but we could probably make one. Although there wouldn't be a search through the scripts (and therefore the comics) feature, you could just go to the thread with the script (likely this one), hit Ctrl+F, and type in the line you want, and it will find it for you. In fact, I would like to work on a script, although I'm sure others will like to as well.

Firestar27
2007-06-21, 11:13 AM
Here is my interpretation of the script (being a comic, other people may think the dialogue is said in a different order). Feel free to correct me on formatting (which will come later, let me first get the script down), spelling, and preciseness.

Comic #1

Goblin: Grrrr!
*boing!*
Haley: What the hell? That goblin was gonna knock you on your ***.
Durkon: I dinnae know. I jus’ felt really…stable.
*POP!*
Roy: Uhhh…I think it’s a chain shirt.
Elan: Sweet!
Vaarsuvius: I understand. I believe we are being converted to the new 3.5 edition.
Roy: Well, I do feel more intimidating…
Belkar: YES! I’ve been doing this ranger crap for 3 years now, it’s about time for an upgrade. C’mon, c’mon, Daddy needs some new skill points!
*waa! Waa! Wawawawa!*
Roy: Ooooo… Weapon shrinkage.
Haley: Tee hee, it’s so tiny!
Belkar: DAMN IT!
*ping!*
Elan: Ooh! Skill points!

Comic 2

Elan: ♪Skill points! I love my six new skill points! ♪
Roy: This level is huge… We’re never going to find the stairs down at this rate. Haley, you take half the team and scout out those corridors.
Haley: Okay! Vaarsuvius, you’re with me.
Vaarsuvius: Our fates are now intertwined.
Elan: Ooh!
Roy: Oh, um, Durkon, follow me.
Haley: Umm… Belkar.
Belkar: Loser.
Elan: Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!
Haley: Ok, meet up later.
Elan: Ooh! Roy! Ooh! Ooh! C’mon! Pick me!
Durkon: Are ye gonna-
Roy: I’m thinking.

More to come soon.

Silvermike
2007-06-21, 11:20 AM
Ass being censored in the forums but not in the comic is pretty amusing - also, it might be worth including links.

Firestar27
2007-06-21, 11:22 AM
Ass being censored in the forums but not in the comic is pretty amusing - also, it might be worth including links.

The forums didn't censor it (but it might, I don't know). I censored it. I just don't like saying/typing it.

kirbsys
2007-06-21, 11:32 AM
You forgot the second dammit in comic 1

kirbsys
2007-06-21, 11:39 AM
Comic Three:
:haley: so the Boots of Speed were totally powerful, but they were, like, lime green
:vaarsuvius: Indeed a most grave conundrum you faced.
:belkar: Wait. I think I just failed a spot check.
:haley: Really? I don't see anything.
:belkar: Exactly. Hey, V, don't you have a familiar that grants Alertness?
:vaarsuvius: Hmm? Oh, yes, yes of course. My raven is right here.
*pop*
:belkar: See anything?
:vaarsuvius: I do not.
*pop*
:haley: I didn't know you had a familiar...
Goblin Ninja: Umm.. we're like RIGHT here.
:belkar: Wait! I think I just failed a Listen check!

kirbsys
2007-06-21, 11:45 AM
Comic Four:
:elan: Jump, Jump, Jump, Jump over the pit!
:roy: What are you doing?
:elan: I'm inspiring competance! I use my magical songs to lift the spirit and make any task easier!
:roy: Whatever.
Ogre: Hunh. Hunnerd gold to pass.
:roy: Let me handle this.
:durkon: Aye, lad.
:roy: Oh, uh, hello. We, uh, paid yesterday.
Ogre: Oh okay....
:elan: Bluff, Bluff, Bluff, Bluff the stupid ogre! I guess he rolled his Sense Motive.
:roy: I hate you.

Chrismith
2007-06-21, 01:38 PM
This is a good idea, but it would be much simpler if the Giant could be convinced to sign up something like OhNoRobot (http://www.ohnorobot.com/). Basically, a bit of code is added to each of the comic pages allowing readers to transcribe the comic into a searchable index. The downside is that this would require some involvement on Rich's part; I believe that all submissions have to be approved by the owner. Still, it's used by other webcomics and works very well.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-21, 05:55 PM
STORY VERSION! (with slight additions)

Strip 1

Durkon Thundershield, dwarven cleric of Thor, braced himself as the agressive, gangly, green-skinned goblin released a guttural growl and charged into him. On impact, the goblin was sent flying in the opposite direction, much to both its and the cleric's surprise.
"What the hell was that, Durkon?" the redheaded rogue inquired. She was clad in slightly-revealing leather armor that both protected her and complimented her figure. In her "That goblin was about to knock you on your ass."
"I dinnae know, Haley," Durkon looked up at her, still baffled. "I jus' felt really... stable...?" he supplied.
POP! Out of nowhere, a suit of light armor appeared on Elan, the shallow and naive - but charming and lovable - bard, overtop his green tunic.
"Uh, I think it's a chain shirt," Roy Greenhilt - party leader and resident warrior - observed. He was obviously strong and hardy to bear his suit of heavy blue scale-mail and to wield his massive ancestral blade; coincidentally, the hilt was green.
"I understand these strange occurances!" announced Vaarsuvius, elven wizard. It was difficult to tell Vaarsuvius' gender; he - or she - had wavy purple hair about shoulder-length, and long flowing robes that did not particularly point to a masculine or feminine shape. The elf spoke loudly, clearly, and for periods that seemed to encompass hours, but the sound of Vaarsuvius's voice did not lend any clues towards his or her gender. "I believe that we are being converted to 3.5 edition."
"Well, I do feel more intimidating," Roy said quietly.
"YES!" exclaimed Belkar, halfling ranger. He held two daggers and wore a forest-green tunic, along with a dark green cloak. "I've been doing this ranger crap for THREE YEARS now," he ranted. "It's about time I got an upgrade." He added, "C'mon, daddy needs some new skill points!"
waa!
waa!
wawawawa!
Belkar's grin slowly faded into an angry scowl.
"Ooh, weapon shrinkage. Harsh." Roy pointed out that Belkar's already-small daggers had diminished to nothing more than glorified sharpened toothpicks.
"Tee hee! They're SO tiny!" Haley giggled. She had a cute giggle.
"DAMN IT!" Belkar exclaimed.
"Ooh! Skill points!" Elan said excitedly.
"DAMN IT!!"

Pantler
2007-06-21, 06:00 PM
Oh come on. If there was a script, what fun would we have from OotS Quiz thread? :smallwink:

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-21, 08:02 PM
Strip 2

"Skill points! I love my six new skill points!" Elan sang cheerfully. His voice was clear, his pitch was perfect, but it was the kind of voice that might wear down on you after hearing it for the hundredth time.
"This level is huge... we'll never find the stairs down at this rate," Roy realized. "Haley, you take half the team and scout out those corridors."
"Okay!" Haley said with a smile. "Vaarsuvius, you're with me!"
"Our fates are now intertwined," the wizard stated, walking towards Haley.
"Oh, okay, we can do it that way," Roy shrugged. "Um, Durkon, follow me."
"Ooh!" Elan hopped up and down.
"Uhhhhh..." Haley looked at the two remaining choices: Elan or Belkar. "Belkar," she decided.
"Loser," Belkar snickered as he went over with Haley.
"Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!" Elan exclaimed excitedly. Roy stood blankly.
"Ooh! Roy! Ooh!" he said again. Roy blinked, paralyzed with indecision.
"Ooh! C'mon! Pick me!"
Durkon turned to Roy, "Are ye gonna-"
"-I'm thinking," Roy said.