PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Magic Item Activation Times

ATHATH
2016-03-29, 01:17 PM
I'm trying to remove the Swift-action cost of a Belt of Battle. Is there a class feature or an enchantment that would let me do so? The item creation rules from the MiC are fair game here.

Gildedragon
2016-03-29, 01:23 PM
I'm trying to remove the Swift-action cost of a Belt of Battle. Is there a class feature or an enchantment that would let me do so? The item creation rules from the MiC are fair game here.

As PC or DM?
As DM: just do it but expect PCs to want one too
As PC: multiply the cost by 1.11111111111... to make it use activated. I'd go for a 15% price increase to give some wriggle room

daremetoidareyo
2016-03-29, 01:27 PM

Make it an intelligent item?

Assuming that the belt has the ability to grant its power as a swift action to whomever wears it. The belt itself uses the standard action to ready the swift action... The question becomes...can a belt of battle wear a belt of battle?

ATHATH
2016-03-29, 02:14 PM
Make it an intelligent item?

Assuming that the belt has the ability to grant its power as a swift action to whomever wears it. The belt itself uses the standard action to ready the swift action... The question becomes...can a belt of battle wear a belt of battle?
I think that will work.

What's the price increase to make something intelligent? What's the price to change what slot it uses (making an intelligent Belt of Battle slot less is too cheesy for the game I'm in)?

Gildedragon
2016-03-29, 02:26 PM
I think that will work.

What's the price increase to make something intelligent? What's the price to change what slot it uses (making an intelligent Belt of Battle slot less is too cheesy for the game I'm in)?
Base intelligent: +1000gp
+1000 for its cheapest power

Changing the slot: depends; associated or unassociated slot?
Associated: free as per MIC
Unassociated: +50%