PDA

View Full Version : Tricky wording in the daggerspell mage descirption

ayvango
2016-03-29, 06:00 PM
Daggerspell flurry ability allows you to "quicken one spell as part of a full attack with his daggers". Does that mean that I can cast spell as part of full attack and may use swift action for something else? May that part should be read as I make one of my prepared spells quickened and should spend separate swift action to use it. But does that require that I should use quickened spell in the same turn I had quickened it? Or I could preserve the spell for later use?

Godskook
2016-03-29, 07:09 PM
Daggerspell flurry ability allows you to "quicken one spell as part of a full attack with his daggers". Does that mean that I can cast spell as part of full attack and may use swift action for something else? May that part should be read as I make one of my prepared spells quickened and should spend separate swift action to use it. But does that require that I should use quickened spell in the same turn I had quickened it? Or I could preserve the spell for later use?

It costs a swift action, and is cast during that round.

Troacctid
2016-03-29, 07:11 PM
Specifically, it uses a swift action, which is taken as part of the full attack action. Swift actions, like free actions, can be taken during other actions.

Snowbluff
2016-03-29, 07:20 PM
It costs a swift action, and is cast during that round.

Specifically, it uses a swift action, which is taken as part of the full attack action. Swift actions, like free actions, can be taken during other actions.

I concur, if you need a third opinion.

Basically it takes your whole turn, Move Action, Standard, and your Swift, and any spell you can Quicken. Of course, if you have a way of making a full attack otherwise, like Shadowpounce, that would let you use Daggerspell Flurry inside that full attack.