PDA

View Full Version : OA Tattooed Monk

Andorn
2016-03-29, 06:10 PM
So, I'd like an epic progression for the Tattooed monk. Anyone got any ideas for Epic-level tattoo powers?

mabriss lethe
2016-03-29, 06:34 PM
Well, the simple answer that falls in line with other epic progressions for nonepic prcs would be to just continue the progression of monk abilities plus grant an additional opportunity to gain tattoos every other level until you run out of existing tats.

Benchmarking new tattoos would be sort of a pain. I don't know if you want to go down that road, but I'd probably base it on something like a spellcaster progression. find the spell the power you want most closely resembles, use that as a prestige level benchmark for access to the tattoo following the spell level progression of a wizard. This is just an off the cuff suggestion, so I have no idea how it measures up to the existing tattoo requirements.

If you need inspiration for other tattoos and abilities, look up material on the Ise Zumi in various L5R editions. Like a lot of the material in OA, This PrC was originally adapted from material in AEG's d10 Legend of the Five Rings setting.

Andorn
2016-03-30, 12:19 PM
One thing I noticed is there are tattoos to give stat increases to CON, DEX, and WIS, but not the other three stats. So, those definitely need to get added.

There is a tattoo that grants the ability to add CHR bonus to any ability score, temporarily, that's pretty nifty.

Other current tattoos: heal others, shadow walk, heal self(separate from heal other), alter self, commune with spirits, DR 2(/- I guess, not specified), immunity to disease and aging, immunity to taint (should be expanded to various corruption types maybe in a more general setting), self healing in sunlight, dodge (1 AC/tattoo), immunity to fear, smite, +1/tattoo bonus to rogue skills, ethereal jaunt, +2 luck bonus to various (in moonlight), +2 luck bonus to various (in sunlight), immovability, no eat/sleep/drink, SR class level + 15 (always a pain, these never take into account that the character may already have SR, it should always specify what improvement you get), contact poison, forced rerolls, +d6 damage on unarmed attacks for 1 round/level, haste, immunity to detections.

So, the abilities are a wide cross-section, so most anything goes I guess. Anybody have any cool ideas for epic-level abilities to add to the list?