PDA

View Full Version : Artist responds to my question

Ewhit
2016-03-30, 08:11 AM
I posted in the 4th edition forum a question regarding who the female spellcaster is on the cover of phb 4th ed. After responses from the public
I emailed the artist who was kind enough to respond. I'm posting here incase people had similiar question regarding who she is

Thanks for your interest in my artwork.

The character is a female human wizard. No name given.
I don't recall any of the cover characters from D&D 4E being given names.
She's definitely not Mailee. Any similarity is purely coincidental. (I read the forum)

The same character is depicted on the cover of 4E DMG II.

Many of the named characters in my online gallery are from Pathfinder RPG. Different game. Different design team.

You may post my reply to the forum thread if you wish.

Regards

Wayne Reynolds

Oramac
2016-03-30, 08:17 AM
I've never played 4e, so it wasn't a question I had, but it's always cool to get a legit response from the artists about their work.

Good deal.

Ewhit
2016-03-30, 10:05 AM
Agreed. Although I tried 4th it was to rule intense for combat. But as for D&d art or fantasy art in general it's universal for games and to get a response is just amazing!

JackPhoenix
2016-03-30, 04:13 PM
I agree, illustrations are one of the very few things I like about 4e. However, shouldn't this be in 4e section of the forum?

Ewhit
2016-03-30, 05:46 PM
It is. But since art and npc creation can be any edition I posted here just in case someone wanted to know about that person