PDA

View Full Version : Quickened Green Flame Blade

2016-03-30, 01:31 PM
If I have a Paladin 5 /Sorcerer 3 build, would I be able to Quicken Green Flame Blade to use it as a Bonus Action and then use my action to also make my two normal melee attacks?

eastmabl
2016-03-30, 01:42 PM
If I have a Paladin 5 /Sorcerer 3 build, would I be able to Quicken Green Flame Blade to use it as a Bonus Action and then use my action to also make my two normal melee attacks?

Yes, as long as you haven't used already your bonus action this turn.

2016-03-30, 02:09 PM
Thanks. That is what I thought.

It seems like an awesome way to get a powerful extra attack on a bonus action.

A melee build could take 5 levels of fighter/Paladin/ect. and then go Sorcerer the rest of the way. You could convert all of your spell slots back into Sorcerer Points. Then you would be able to quicken GFB quite a few times before you ran out. Green Flame Blade + 2 Melee attacks each round seems pretty good to me.

Biggstick
2016-03-30, 02:56 PM

A melee build could take 5 levels of fighter/Paladin/ect. and then go Sorcerer the rest of the way. You could convert all of your spell slots back into Sorcerer Points. Then you would be able to quicken GFB quite a few times before you ran out. Green Flame Blade + 2 Melee attacks each round seems pretty good to me.

I'd recommend pushing for one more level of Paladin. Getting that +CHA to saves will do wonders for you and anyone around you.

eastmabl
2016-03-30, 03:16 PM

It sounds nice until you realize that you're a front line fighter who has 15 levels with a d6 hit die. Even in heavy armor, your HP is going to be a pretty mediocre.

It's a cool trick, but I would want to add more layers of fighter to ensure staying power.

Submortimer
2016-03-30, 03:27 PM
It sounds nice until you realize that you're a front line fighter who has 15 levels with a d6 hit die. Even in heavy armor, your HP is going to be a pretty mediocre.

It's a cool trick, but I would want to add more layers of fighter to ensure staying power.

Go one extra level in fighter, get that bonus ASI. Take toughness. Now you have effectively a d8 hit die: not the best, but better than before.

MrStabby
2016-03-30, 03:29 PM
If you ho draconic for extra hitpoints its effectively a d10

JNAProductions
2016-03-30, 03:31 PM
Go one extra level in fighter, get that bonus ASI. Take toughness. Now you have effectively a d8 hit die: not the best, but better than before.

D10, actually. +2 increases your die size by two. Draconic makes it a d12 equivalent.

Submortimer
2016-03-30, 03:35 PM
holy crap, you're right. Fighter/Paladin + Dragon Sorcerer is a pretty Beefy build!

JNAProductions
2016-03-30, 03:36 PM
Yeah, but Barbarian with Tough is much beefier. D16 equivalent.

Sorcerer is a d6, Draconic is d8 equivalent. It's Touch that adds the meat.