PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Being in 2 places at once

Temennigru
2016-03-30, 02:35 PM
I'm making a 10th level PC that is a merchant that follows the business rules from the DMG2, has multiple businesses running and has a monthly income.
The problem is, to do that I would have to be in 2 places at the same time. Both with the party and in the shop.
How can I do that without getting a level adjustment? (dvati have LA +1, which hurts my merchant prince (Power of Faerūn, p. 71) levels)

Flickerdart
2016-03-30, 02:37 PM
I had a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?319378-Doing-stuff-without-being-there) that might help you.

Telonius
2016-03-30, 02:51 PM
Hirelings would be my first thought. Hire a low-level Expert to supervise things. Followers (if you have the Leadership feat) could do that too. Pay them decently and make sure they know you pick fights with Dragons for fun and profit; they'll most likely not cheat you too badly.

Darrin
2016-03-30, 04:07 PM
Astral Projection. (Figurines of Wondrous Power: Ivory Goats can do this once a month, up to 12 hours.)
Simulacrum.
Ice assassin.
Body outside body.
Trickery Devotion.

thethird
2016-03-30, 04:31 PM
If you want to be in two places at once then a ghost a creature with access to incorporeality with greater malevolence (feat in ghostwalk) allows you to be in two places at once.

Inevitability
2016-03-31, 02:12 AM
1. Die. This part should be easy.
2. Be reanimated as a zombie.
3. Have someone cast Awaken Undead on the zombie.
4. Kill the zombie through hit point damage.
5. Have someone cut off your little toe and cast Resurrection on it. Return to life.
6. Have Revive Undead cast on the toeless body.
7. Give the revived zombie a Shroud of Gentle Repose or something else that prevents decay.

You now have a loyal undead servant who should be able to pass for you and possesses enough intelligence to perform most tasks, while you are alive and free to go wherever you want.

A cleric with the Deathbound domain should be able to cast all required spells, though it might get pricy.