PDA

View Full Version : PF Kingmaker Mass Combat

Kane0
2016-03-30, 05:00 PM
Hey guys, i'm on the lookout for modifications, tweaks, overhauls and alternatives to the PF Kingmaker mass combat rules to use in our actual Kingmaker game. Does anybody have anything neat they can point me towards?

Necromancy
2016-03-30, 05:05 PM
Ugh, just make up your own. It can't possibly be worse

Kane0
2016-03-30, 05:57 PM
Ha that was my entire reason for asking. Somebody must have already seen the rules and thought 'I can do better than this'

Nevershutup
2016-03-30, 06:22 PM
Eden Odyssey has released a Fields of Blood d20 supplement with Mass Combat and rules for running a nation. They may require a little bit of converting, as they were likely intended for 3.5 specifically, but from what I've seen when I looked through them, it should be quite easy.

Kol Korran
2016-03-31, 02:20 PM
Hi there. While playing another module I encountered the Mass combat rules, but in the module it didn't even involve the making of armies, or strategic movement. Basically ,the PC's army just met other armies, and they sort of bashed each other till one of them won. So... I decided to try something else...

I wanted to play out the tactical mass combat, not the strategic phase. I ddint' findany rules for that, so... I kind of made up my own tactical mass combat rules. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?378446-Tactical-Mass-Combat-rules-%28Not-the-Paizo-strategic-battle%29&p=18285293#post18285293)

These rules were meant to possibly be used WITH the PF rules, in case you wanted to "zoom in" on a particular battle. It uses some of the terms and concepts used in the strategic combat, but with a few adjustments/ alterations. A few note worthy points:
1. It's for tactical combat, not strategic combat, which means the actual fight of units in a much smaller scale and time frame than the Paizo rules.
2. It's supposed to be somewhat similar to regular combat, and thus be a bit easier to grasp.
3. As such it uses a square grid map. Each square is 100 x 100 ft, and each round is 1 minute.
4. A lot of the basic concepts have been used (ACR, and some others), but with some modifications.
5. Each round is comprised of 5 phases.
6. It is not perfect. I've playtested (and Adjusted it) with my group, in about 4-6 battles (Including one siege battle), and for the most part it worked quite nicely, though a few issues do remain. (Listed in one of the first posts in the thread). Still, it could be a decent start to build and adjust from. My players quite liked it.

So if that might suit you. (I'm not sure. I never played Kingmaker, and know of it only vaguely), then feel free to use it. If you wish to discuss about it, I'm more than willing.

Good luck to you! :smallsmile: