PDA

View Full Version : woot! just found Automatic Quicken Spell

thatwolfguy
2007-06-21, 09:19 AM
ok, here's the set-up, i'm playing a centaur currently at 27HD, 15 lvls of ranger, few levels of sorcerer, arcane archer and deepwood sniper, and recently became a "chosen" of my goddess (Elohnna) as well as a "monster of legend". well, i've been bummed 'cause i can't use my archery enhancing spells effectively in combat along with my ranged attacks (i've specialized in ranged attacks)... spells like hunter's mercy, find the gap, flame arrow, swift haste, etc.

well, i just found a way with the help of Automatic Quicken Spell!!!

granted the pre-requisites are not simple or automatic for someone of my class, but because i'm a "chosen" i was given the ability to cast one arcane spell of each level every day, and all i have to do is work my spellcraft up to 30 ranks and get the "quicken spell feat" and then all my 0 through 3rd lvl spells are automatically quickened including all my ranger spells (up to 3rd lvl) and the few sorcerer spells i have!

ok granted it's a committment - if for nothing else than that it takes 2 feats and 30 skill points, but i'll have it all by 28th HD

oh, yes, there is a question in here, casting all my 0-3 lvl spells as quickened spells, (assuming one of them is swift haste) does that mean that in a full round i can cast more than one spell? like one as a quickened action, then one as a standard action? then what? can i cast one as my hasted action? i'm pretty sure that the answer to that is no, because there was another thread about hasted actions and i seem to remember you can't do that, but i'd love some clarification.

Well I'm pretty psyched about it so i thought i'd share with the class just in case anyone else is agonizing about the same type of situation that i had.

good luck and post any comments

dave

p.s. my centaur is pretty kick arse, and as a chosen of Elohnna (granted it would have made more sense for them to be divine spells, but we didn't think of that at the time, the only "chosen" template package we found included arcane spells) i guess Elohnna could summon me to aid someone who prayed to her for help, so if any of you guys want to use my character for that purpose, feel free to e-mail me, just don't get me killed - lol

Tyger
2007-06-21, 09:40 AM
Yes, you can cast a Quickened spell and a regular spell each round. You do not get a "hasted action" in 3.5 though, so ne extra spell that way.

You can only cast one Quickened spell per round, baring some metamagic cheese, but Quickened spells do really make things interesting.

Ulzgoroth
2007-06-21, 04:03 PM
If you qualify for Automatic Quicken, you could also pick up Multispell. That would let you cast more than one quickened spell/round.

Counterpower
2007-06-21, 04:26 PM
Could you use either a move or a standard action to cast another quickened spell? Or just a standard action? As in, cast a quickened spell as a swift action, then cast another spell that's technically "quickened" due to the feat's effect but that still uses your standard action for that round?

Basically, can you take more than one swift action in a round by using a move or standard action for the second or third?

Fenix_of_Doom
2007-06-21, 04:38 PM
so you have got 15 levels of ranger, 4 monstrous humanoid hit dice, at least +2 level adjustment form centaur, possibly something form monster of legend, some sorcerer levels and some deepwood sniper / arcane archer levels.
what are you lvl 35-40? and now you get to cast quickened spells of "one arcane spell of each level every day"

joy:smallconfused: