PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Lore Inspired Dualist (Pirate)

DabbinPanda
2016-03-31, 03:31 AM
This is a build in progress. I am about to play in a pirate themed campaign and have most of it figured out but want to make sure everything looks good and if there are improvements to make that they get made so please comment your opinions.

Effective Level 7
2 lvls Loremaster Learned Dualist-Fighter Archtypes
5 lvls Inspired Blade- Swashbuckler Archtype

Race: Merfolk +2 Dex,Con,Cha
Stat Block

Str 8
Dex 20
Int 14
Con 18
Wis 12
Cha 21

Fort 4
Refl 4
Will 1

With this build you get the following Special Abilities

Weapon Focus-Rapier
Weapon Finess-Rapier
Combat Expertise
Improved Crit
Rapier Training
Dodge Stance
3/day add Cha to Saves
Nimble Dodge

Feats
Level 1:Quick Draw
Level 2 Fighter feat: Combat Reflexes
Level 3: Fencing Grace
Level 5:OPEN FEAT
Level 6 Swashbuckler Feat: Vital Strike
Level 7:Leadership?-OPEN FEAT

I am also Wielding a +3 Swashbuckler's Rapier with Flaming Burst on it as well so 15-20 Crit range.

The magic items I possess are the Following.

Ring Of Sustenance
Sea-Foam Shawl

And I still need to SPEND 6500 GP on items and what not.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!

Geddy2112
2016-03-31, 09:48 AM
It is a shame you don't have 13 strength to qualify for power attack. I am also not a huge fan of vital strike, particularly with a critfishing build. You should be making more attacks instead of trying for one big one.

Since your swashbuckler levels count as fighter levels for bonus feats, consider disruptive, weapon specialization(rapier), greater weapon specialization, and spellbreaker. All much better than vital strike.

Improved initiative is always a great feat. You might want the dodge/mobility chain to combine with the 7th level swashbuckler deed swashbuckler's grace. Leadership is a must take if the DM allows it. Consider antagonize and battle cry as well.

With your remaining gold, a ring of protection +1, handy haversack, mithral chain shirt, and misc. gear should cover it. You could trade the seafoam shawl and just take the strong tail racial trait to improve your land speed, but I totally understand if you want the ability to have legs. Or, bribe/convince a party caster to cast it on you each day.

Elxir_Breauer
2016-03-31, 02:57 PM
Deadly Agility is a wonderful feat for that build, lets you use Dex instead of Str for any weapon you use that qualifies for Weapon Finesse. I would take that as early as possible, followed by Improved Initiative. If Flaws are on the table, that should open up a few more options early on.

DabbinPanda
2016-03-31, 07:31 PM
Deadly Agility is a wonderful feat for that build, lets you use Dex instead of Str for any weapon you use that qualifies for Weapon Finesse. I would take that as early as possible, followed by Improved Initiative. If Flaws are on the table, that should open up a few more options early on.

Fencing Grace is just better than that...

DabbinPanda
2016-03-31, 07:33 PM
It is a shame you don't have 13 strength to qualify for power attack. I am also not a huge fan of vital strike, particularly with a critfishing build. You should be making more attacks instead of trying for one big one.

Since your swashbuckler levels count as fighter levels for bonus feats, consider disruptive, weapon specialization(rapier), greater weapon specialization, and spellbreaker. All much better than vital strike.

Improved initiative is always a great feat. You might want the dodge/mobility chain to combine with the 7th level swashbuckler deed swashbuckler's grace. Leadership is a must take if the DM allows it. Consider antagonize and battle cry as well.

With your remaining gold, a ring of protection +1, handy haversack, mithral chain shirt, and misc. gear should cover it. You could trade the seafoam shawl and just take the strong tail racial trait to improve your land speed, but I totally understand if you want the ability to have legs. Or, bribe/convince a party caster to cast it on you each day.

I have with the fighter archtypes the automatic max damage on crit so its a better return yea? As far as Party goes im with 1 other member that is of the same essential build so the Shawl has to stay :(.