PDA

View Full Version : I Might Have A Job Opportunity Working At the United Nations

Bartmanhomer
2016-03-31, 02:37 PM
Hey everybody, guess what. My supervisor at my internship told me that there's might be a job opprortunity for me working at the United Nations. She also mentions the job that I might be working involves stamps. It's actually an interview if they hire me. I'm so excited.:biggrin:

Prince Zahn
2016-04-02, 04:24 AM
Oh wow congratulations!:smallbiggrin:

That's a massive opportunity for you! Here's hoping you get the job!:smallsmile:

Bartmanhomer
2016-04-04, 05:09 PM
Thanks Prince Zahn. Anyway I went to my pre-interview for the United Nations job and it wasn't quite I expected to be. The interviewer told me that I'll be working affiliated to the United Nations. It'll be 3 days a week and the pay is $9.00 per an hour. I wasn't excited nor disappointed about the money but at least I'm getting paid that all it matters.

Prince Zahn
2016-04-05, 03:08 PM
I guess the pay sounds alright, I don't know what minimum wage is in your country. What do you mean by "it wasn't what (you) expected"? And did you accept the job?

Bartmanhomer
2016-04-05, 03:12 PM
I guess the pay sounds alright, I don't know what minimum wage is in your country. What do you mean by "it wasn't what (you) expected"? And did you accept the job?

The interview was kind of strange. Which I mention everything before.

Traab
2016-04-05, 03:51 PM
9 bucks is just over minimum wage I think. Not sure entirely. What are the job details? What are you doing with stamps? You doing something like checking passports? Making sure everyone gets the back of their hand stamped so they dont have to pay the cover twice? :smallbiggrin: Selling stamps in case someone wants to send a letter? Printing out novelty license plates? Killing bugs the hard way?

Bartmanhomer
2016-04-05, 06:40 PM
I believe it's stamping important boxes and letters. That's what I assume.

Bartmanhomer
2016-04-06, 11:51 AM
Anyway i went for my real interview today and it was great. The interviewer explain the type of position I might be working. I answer the interviewer questions honestly. So overall it was great. :smile:

Bartmanhomer
2016-04-20, 02:22 PM
My instructor called me during my internship yesterday. She told me that there's a job interview working for the MTA. I asked her did I got the job for the United Nations. She told me that she's checking it out but chances are that I didn't get the job for the United Nations position. :frown:

AMFV
2016-04-20, 03:16 PM
My instructor called me during my internship yesterday. She told me that there's a job interview working for the MTA. I asked her did I got the job for the United Nations. She told me that she's checking it out but chances are that I didn't get the job for the United Nations position. :frown:

I know that feeling. It's important to remember that there'll be other opportunities later, and as a friend told me: "Why would you want to work for anybody too dumb to hire you?"

Cuthalion
2016-04-20, 03:22 PM
I know that feeling. It's important to remember that there'll be other opportunities later, and as a friend told me: "Why would you want to work for anybody too dumb to hire you?"

Out of curiosity, did you mean "not to hire you"? :smalltongue:

Traab
2016-04-20, 04:27 PM
Out of curiosity, did you mean "not to hire you"? :smalltongue:

If they were too dumb to hire you, you wouldnt want to work for them anyway.