View Full Version : Rules Q&A Daelkyr UR priest

Darththiek
2016-03-31, 02:53 PM
I am going to start in an epic game soon and i want to have a little fun with the Daelkyr Half- Blood. I found a class combo i want to give a try. I was thinking about starting with the 2/Daelkyr Half-Blood Racial Paragon [3.5 Class] (PEACH), 3/Aasimar Paragon (3.5e Racial Paragon Class) DNDwiki, 6/Ur-priest, 5/ Impure prince, 5/Daelkyr Hostmaster (DnD Prestige Class)DNDwiki.

1-2)Daelkyr Paragon; Iron will
3-5)Aasimar Paragon; chosing the Daelkyr Paragon to progress.; Spell focus(evil)
6-11)Ur-priest ; Shape soulmeld, bonus essentia
12) Daelkyr Hostmaster; Gatekeeper Initiate,
11-17)Impure prince
18-21) Daelkyr Hostmaster

I have the DM's permission to play him as a spontaneous caster not prepared. This will allow me to be able to spontaneously cast summon natures ally for the Gatekeeper Initiate feat. The Shape soulmeld, bonus essentia are for stone heart vest to counter the symbiont feeding and to counter the ability drain to use the symbiont abilities more often. the only reason i am taking the Daelkyr Hostmaster is for the Tyrannical Host ability( which makes it so that you no longer have personality conflict with the symbionts.

i guess what im asking is there any better way to build this character. my main points are Ur-priest for the divine casting and because he will be a healer of sorts. i want to be able to have as many symbionts as possible with out having to worrie about ability damage, and have complete control over them. Also going to use spells as buff/debuff obviously.

AnonymousPepper
2016-03-31, 04:35 PM
Continuous Magic item of Sheltered Vitality deals with your ability damage. Quick and easy.

Buy it for 240000 (2000 (continuous)*3(Clr3)*20(CL)*2(1min/level) at CL20 (to make it less easy to dispel) or CL5 (2000*3*5*2) for 60000 (to save money). Craft it yourself for 75,600 at CL20 (2000*3*20*2*.5(self-crafted)*.7(class limitation: Ur-Priest)*.9(alignment restriction: evil) or 18900 at CL3 (2000*3*5*2*.5*.7*.9).

I also wanna ask fluff-wise how the flying **** you're justifying Gatekeeper Initiate on a Daelkyr. That's like justifying Initiate of Mystra on a worshiper of Cyric.

Darththiek
2016-03-31, 05:02 PM
As for fluff he was abandoned as a baby to die in the forest but with the help of his symbiont he survived until a Druid found him and raised him to be a weapon on the war against the aberrations having recognizing his potential. Nature granted him spell casting by way of the UR priest class. And as the Impure prince class says The best way to beat your enemy is to use their own tools against them.

As a little back ground the game revolves around some priest trying to summon Cathulu to our plane. We are gong to be in an equivalent of the Underdark trying to stop him. To be honest Im not locked into Impure prince.

Inevitability
2016-04-01, 02:38 PM
As a little back ground the game revolves around some priest trying to summon Cathulu to our plane. We are gong to be in an equivalent of the Underdark trying to stop him. To be honest Im not locked into Impure prince.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/meme/images/6/6c/Cathulhu.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/123?cb=20120317163902