PDA

View Full Version : How in Pelors name can we hit this guy? [Feats]

Mr. Moogle
2007-06-21, 11:46 AM
Ive always wanted to make an improved Deflect Arrows but i couldnt get it right, here's the best i could do.

Improved Deflect Arrows
You are so finely attuned to your surroundings you can block incoming projectiles, even with a weapon in your hands.

Prerequisites: Deflect Arrows, Weapon foucus ([Slected melee weapon, must be light]), Weapon finesee, Dex 15, Wis 15.

Benifit: you can deflect as many projectiles per round as equal to your Wis modifier (or should it be Dex?).

Please post your comments.

adanedhel9
2007-06-21, 12:51 PM
First, there's an epic feat (Infinite Deflection) that does something really similar. Now, that feat doesn't limit the number of deflections you can make, but the difference between infinite and your Wisdom (or Dex) modifier per round is, in actual use, pretty small. You might want to reduce the limit somewhat.

Second, why require Weapon Focus and Weapon Finesse? I presume the idea with Weapon Focus would be to only allow the deflections when weilding that weapon, but Deflect Arrows requires an open hand to begin with. Weapon Finesse makes no sense to me at all, can you explain your choice?

Also, feats "inherit" the requirements from any other feats they require. Since this feat requires Deflect Arrows, it should also require Improved Unarmed Strike. If you keep Weapon Finesse, it should require BAB +1. If you keep Weapon Focus, it should require BAB +1 and proficiency with the given weapon.

Mr. Moogle
2007-06-21, 01:13 PM
The weapon foucus prerequisites is because you can deflect with a weapon, but only a weapon that you have weapon foucus with. Weapon finesse means you have to be dexterous with a weapon, and when you have improved unarmed strike your body counts as a weapon.

Matthew
2007-06-21, 10:11 PM
Just make it work like any other Feat of this type. Up the BAB needed to get it and make it deflect one more per round. You can have a chain of Feats that require X more BAB to get another deflection per round. Alternatively, you can make it so the original Feat scales with level.