PDA

View Full Version : Are there any luck-themed cleric spells?

SangoProduction
2016-03-31, 09:19 PM
Or can one give a good fluff that seems lucky? I could easily see aid, bless, and similar "invisible" spells as being very easy to chock up to luck, but...what does a lucky spell look like?

The chaos and luck domains are obvious.

Thurbane
2016-03-31, 10:04 PM
Benediction (subject gains bonus on saves, can make one reroll)
Bewildering Mischance (target must take the lower of two rolls for each save, attack roll, and skill check)
Curse of Ill Fortune [Mass] (enemies take -3 penalty on attack rolls and saves)
Divine Favor ( +1 luck bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls for every three caster levels)
Prayer (+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks)
Recitation (+2 luck bonus to allies and a -2 luck penalty to foes)

As well as Luck and Chaos, you might want to look at the Destiny domain.

ReaverVonVette
2016-04-01, 06:58 AM
Also look in the Complete Scoudrel for Trick Feats, I think they're called - they're centered around bein lucky and able to re-roll some things - might help you out with things such as saves.

SangoProduction
2016-04-01, 07:58 AM
Benediction (subject gains bonus on saves, can make one reroll)
Bewildering Mischance (target must take the lower of two rolls for each save, attack roll, and skill check)
Curse of Ill Fortune [Mass] (enemies take -3 penalty on attack rolls and saves)
Divine Favor ( +1 luck bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls for every three caster levels)
Prayer (+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks)
Recitation (+2 luck bonus to allies and a -2 luck penalty to foes)

As well as Luck and Chaos, you might want to look at the Destiny domain.

thanks. that's useful.

Dread_Head
2016-04-01, 08:10 AM
Tyche's Touch from ... not sure, some Forgotten Realms book. I do know that it lasts hours / level and gives gradually reducing luck bonuses to saves during that period. One of my favourite cleric spells.

SangoProduction
2016-04-01, 09:23 AM
Tyche's Touch from ... not sure, some Forgotten Realms book. I do know that it lasts hours / level and gives gradually reducing luck bonuses to saves during that period. One of my favourite cleric spells.

That's nice.

Nettlekid
2016-04-01, 10:23 AM
How has no one mentioned Surge of Fortune yet? A 5th level spell that grants +2 to pretty much everything, and can be discharged as a Swift/Immediate action to automatically make one d20 roll a nat 20.

SangoProduction
2016-04-01, 10:44 AM
How has no one mentioned Surge of Fortune yet? A 5th level spell that grants +2 to pretty much everything, and can be discharged as a Swift/Immediate action to automatically make one d20 roll a nat 20.

Yeah, that's a pretty cool little spell. Sad that its duration is in rounds/level, but that rider effect is nice.

inuyasha
2016-04-01, 10:50 AM
Does Entropic Shield count? I've always interpreted it as manipulating the laws of probability/luck so that you don't die, and thus can continue to do your deity's work.

turbo164
2016-04-01, 10:56 AM
Could also "luckify" some normally nonrandom spells for flavor reason. When you cast Summon Monster, roll to see which one shows up instead of choosing from the list; DM might grant it Improved Critical or something as compensation.

For more fluff, could have your holy symbol light up every time those +2's turn a miss into a hit, or have a little four leaf clover appear next to it.

SangoProduction
2016-04-01, 11:04 AM
Could also "luckify" some normally nonrandom spells for flavor reason. When you cast Summon Monster, roll to see which one shows up instead of choosing from the list; DM might grant it Improved Critical or something as compensation.

For more fluff, could have your holy symbol light up every time those +2's turn a miss into a hit, or have a little four leaf clover appear next to it.

Right. I forgot to mention the fluff of my character. His holy symbol is a dice bag (technically it's the dice *in* the dice bag, but it's abstracted). He also carries around at least 1 bag of "caltrops" at all times.

Does Entropic Shield count? I've always interpreted it as manipulating the laws of probability/luck so that you don't die, and thus can continue to do your deity's work.

Sit boy!

Anyway, yeah. It counts.

inuyasha
2016-04-01, 11:19 AM
Sit boy!

Anyway, yeah. It counts.

First of all, I think that may be the first time in quite a while that someone has made an Inuyasha joke at me on these boards, and that makes me happy

Second of all, I'm very surprised that Entropic Shield hadn't been mentioned yet, it's one of my favorite low level cleric spells.

SangoProduction
2016-04-01, 11:25 AM
First of all, I think that may be the first time in quite a while that someone has made an Inuyasha joke at me on these boards, and that makes me happy

Second of all, I'm very surprised that Entropic Shield hadn't been mentioned yet, it's one of my favorite low level cleric spells.
You can possibly tell where my channel's name originates from?
I think me saying that the Luck and Chaos Domains are obvious counts.

inuyasha
2016-04-01, 11:29 AM
You can possibly tell where my channel's name originates from?
I think me saying that the Luck and Chaos Domains are obvious counts.

Oh my gosh I was thinking stupidly, I was totally pronouncing SangoProduction wrong in my head...

Also I somehow missed your line about the Luck and Chaos domains. Looks like I'm really not paying enough attention today.

SangoProduction
2016-04-01, 12:04 PM
Oh my gosh I was thinking stupidly, I was totally pronouncing SangoProduction wrong in my head...

Also I somehow missed your line about the Luck and Chaos domains. Looks like I'm really not paying enough attention today.

:) hehhe. No worries.