PDA

View Full Version : Ways to qualify for dweomerkeeper without losing spellcasting levels?

magicalmagicman
2016-03-31, 11:31 PM
I am interested in wizards or sorcerers exclusively.

Dweomerkeeper is a prestige class in the web enhancement document on WotC website for complete divine.

Requirements:
1. Knowledge Arcana 8
2. Spellcraft 8
3. One item creation feat
4. One metamagic feat
5. Ability to cast both arcane and divine spells
6. Need to have the magic domain.
7. Must have created at least one magic item

I need help with requirements 5 & 6. Dipping in a cleric loses 1 spell casting level, which I will do because this PrC is too god damn awesome, but I wondering if there is a way to weasel out of this.

Domain Sorcerer is probably worse than dipping because of the amount of spell knowns you lose, especially for high levels! And you get them 1 level later too!

Crake
2016-04-01, 12:42 AM
I am interested in wizards or sorcerers exclusively.

Dweomerkeeper is a prestige class in the web enhancement document on WotC website for complete divine.

Requirements:
1. Knowledge Arcana 8
2. Spellcraft 8
3. One item creation feat
4. One metamagic feat
5. Ability to cast both arcane and divine spells
6. Need to have the magic domain.
7. Must have created at least one magic item

I need help with requirements 5 & 6. Dipping in a cleric loses 1 spell casting level, which I will do because this PrC is too god damn awesome, but I wondering if there is a way to weasel out of this.

Domain Sorcerer is probably worse than dipping because of the amount of spell knowns you lose, especially for high levels! And you get them 1 level later too!

99% sure there was a thread on this pretty recently

Troacctid
2016-04-01, 12:55 AM
Southern Magician is region-specific, but it allows a single-class Cleric or Domain Sorcerer to qualify.

Gildedragon
2016-04-01, 12:55 AM
number six is the tricky one; the others can be done by a single-classed sha'ir

Kelb_Panthera
2016-04-01, 01:17 AM
99% sure there was a thread on this pretty recently

There was. Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?481018-Becoming-an-Arcane-Dweomerkeeper-with-no-class-dip)

DarkSoul
2016-04-01, 01:51 AM
If you're playing this Dweomerkeeper in a game, forget weaseling out of it. Dweomerkeeper's strong enough WITH dipping for a divine caster level, that trying to get in without the dip will likely get shot down. I read through Kelb_Panthera (with a b)'s linked thread and DM-me shook my head at half or more of the suggestions for getting around the requirements. Yes, there are ways to almost qualify, but they all stink of "but the rules don't say I can't!". Be a wizard, scribe a scroll, dip cleric of "I have the Magic domain!", twist reality to your liking.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-04-01, 02:06 AM
If you're playing this Dweomerkeeper in a game, forget weaseling out of it. Dweomerkeeper's strong enough WITH dipping for a divine caster level, that trying to get in without the dip will likely get shot down. I read through Kelb_Panthera (with a b)'s linked thread and DM-me shook my head at half or more of the suggestions for getting around the requirements. Yes, there are ways to almost qualify, but they all stink of "but the rules don't say I can't!". Be a wizard, scribe a scroll, dip cleric of "I have the Magic domain!", twist reality to your liking.

Some of what was described on that thread was a tad sketchy.

I'd probably allow you to qualify if you were willing to sink three feats on it; southern magician, alternate source spellcasting, and planar touchstone (catalogues of enlightenment); as long as you activated the catalogues' higher order power. With all three, you can prepare and cast divine spells and you have both the domain's granted power and access to its spells (albeit in sharply limited fashion). 's good enough for me but check with your DM.

magicalmagicman
2016-04-01, 07:03 AM
Ok thanks! I'll just take a dip. Regional requirements are like the only no-go in our group at the moment.