PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth dipping into Dragonfire Adept as a Factotum for Beguiling Influence?

Zephonim
2016-04-01, 08:32 AM
For the +6 to Bluff, Diplo and Intimidate?

I'm going to get the binding feats as well so I can Bind Naberius so I can always Take 10 on Bluff and Diplo and take no penalty for full round diplomacy. General idea for the character is essentially super spy that impersonates anyone and everyone because the campaign is going to turn into Game of Thrones.

Gildedragon
2016-04-01, 10:03 AM
Maybe.
Though for that one level and two feats Binder 1 and Improved Binding would give you more for your punch (such as malphas's bird eye view and invisibility) The invocation is nice but It can go both ways in terms of being worth it: you're not getting much more out of that level. you can up your Diplo a bit in other ways (the right clothes, magic items; and that second feat you were going could be nymph's kiss, the bonus is smaller but it applies to all Cha skills and nets you bonus skill points.
Have you got your fancy hat?

I expect you're building up to chameleon? Maybe on a changeling base? I can't recommend mulhorandi divine minion enough, even if it is just a single hawk form; being able to change into a bird at will is amazingly useful.

Troacctid
2016-04-01, 12:30 PM
I could see it being worth it if you also had some use for the 1d6 breath weapon and/or the Dragontouched bonus feat.

Eloel
2016-04-01, 12:53 PM
I would suggest Warlock over DFA, as I find the eldritch blast to be more useful than the breath weapon.