PDA

View Full Version : Good Multiplayer Game

Ronsian
2007-06-21, 01:04 PM
As summer begins, a good friend of mine and I are getting bored. We need a new game to play over LAN. Any suggestions? We both like RPGs, or good shoot-em up games. I already have the Battlefields, Dungeon Siege 2 (doesn't work over LAN), Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Setra
2007-06-21, 01:11 PM
Diablo 2 and Darkstone are good.

NEO|Phyte
2007-06-21, 01:11 PM
RPGs and/or games with dakka, you say?

Can't help much with the first, but stuff like the Unreal Tournaments or Serious Sam makes for good violence. System Shock 2 is an RPG/shooter blend, and the Jedi Knight series can be fun as well, if you like lightsabers.

Mad Jyle
2007-06-21, 01:32 PM
You might enjoy Titan Quest for a newer diablo type game.

RTGoodman
2007-06-24, 11:52 PM
I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but the other day I picked up "Champions: Return to Arms" (the sequel to "Champions of Norrath") for PS2, and it's actually a really fun game for multiple people. You can do online play (which I guess is just like LAN), and it's basically just a hack-and-slash RPG where you run around killing monsters and looting their corpses (so you don't really have a story line or silly plot to worry about or anything). I've got my whole family addicted.

(Of course, now someone is gonna reply that it's a terrible game, which it sort of is, but it's a least a lot of fun and isn't hard to be good at.)

Ronsian
2007-06-25, 07:06 AM
Thanks guys. Sadly I don't have a PS2, just computer :smallfrown: . Are Diablo 2 and Titan Quest able to run on 1 CD key? I don't want to have to get a second.

Arlanthe
2007-06-25, 08:25 AM
It depends on your genre. Currently I am really enjoying the persistent worlds people have set up for NWN2. There are many "flavors" to choose from.

Dungeon Siege and Diablo are okay, but they are quite linear and are kind of brain dead. Good maybe for jocks and ADD people, but boring fo rpeople who don't like linearity and 30 hours of the exact same thing.

If it is an RPG you seek, I recommend NWN2 right now. Some of the persistent worlds are better than anyhting devs have done recently.

Setra
2007-06-25, 08:44 AM
Dungeon Siege and Diablo are okay, but they are quite linear and are kind of brain dead. Good maybe for jocks and ADD people, but boring fo rpeople who don't like linearity and 30 hours of the exact same thing.
You realize that statement could apply to every MMO, right?

Some games are just addictive, Maple Story, and World of Warcraft for example.

Hell, Tetris core gameplay element is 30 hours of the exact same thing. You saying Tetris sucks?