PDA

View Full Version : Official 5E maps in roll20 or Fantasy Grounds?

NewDM
2016-04-01, 10:31 AM
I've downloaded several maps for use in roll20 or Fantasy Grounds and they all seem to be sized to make it difficult to just import and use in these applications.

I've tried using the inbuilt tools to align the maps including the 'select some tiles' auto-tools.

So is there a way to make these things work in these apps or is it a lost cause?

Edit: I'm specifically trying to align the maps grid with the apps grid.

Aurthur
2016-04-02, 10:30 AM
In Roll20, I've never had a problem with the advanced auto resize tool. The big gotcha is zooming in so that you can get your drawn square down to near pixel alignment.

Good luck.

NewDM
2016-04-03, 12:00 PM
In Roll20, I've never had a problem with the advanced auto resize tool. The big gotcha is zooming in so that you can get your drawn square down to near pixel alignment.

Good luck.

So there is no trick to it?

JackPhoenix
2016-04-04, 07:40 AM
So there is no trick to it?

If you have a problem with aligning the grids, you can also disable the auto-grid and just use the grid on the imported underlying map. Moving the tokens will be a little harder, but it's not much of a problem.

RaynorReynolds
2016-04-04, 09:17 AM
I've downloaded several maps for use in roll20 or Fantasy Grounds and they all seem to be sized to make it difficult to just import and use in these applications.

I've tried using the inbuilt tools to align the maps including the 'select some tiles' auto-tools.

So is there a way to make these things work in these apps or is it a lost cause?

Edit: I'm specifically trying to align the maps grid with the apps grid.

Did you try holding alt while you are resizing and moving the map?