PDA

View Full Version : Beyond reality is cool

InaVegt
2006-05-21, 08:44 AM
I discovered it yesterday and i got to say that it's cool, for those who don't know it here (http://orion.comicgenesis.com/d/20031014.html) is a link.

CelestialStick
2006-05-21, 09:44 AM
I discovered it yesterday and i got to say that it's cool, for those who don't know it here (http://orion.comicgenesis.com/d/20031014.html) is a link.

I've read through a bunch of this comic's strips now, and it's definitely inferior to OOTS by a long shot. I'm not sure if I'll keep on reading or not. Either way, thanks for the opportunity.

Sophistemon
2006-05-21, 12:29 PM
I think that the author posts on the boards...

InaVegt
2006-05-21, 12:33 PM
yes, he does (i found the comic through his sig)

Sophistemon
2006-05-21, 12:40 PM
Hmm. I like the comic, but I could have gone without the huge crossover. Nice art in it too, but I can't draw worth a damn so to me almost all art is nice. 8/10?

Shea Landford
2006-05-21, 07:40 PM
I read they one on the link and I didnt get it. I felt the art was good, but the comic itself didnt seem to flow right in between the panels. I did not read further.

High-Chancellor
2006-05-21, 07:42 PM
Eh. It gets better.

Orion-the-G
2006-05-22, 12:04 AM
Wow, I had no idea it was being discussed here at all. That's neat.

Just to avoid any sort of bias I'll avoid getting into any discussion on the quality of the comic, although thanks to those who have complimented it.

As far as CelestialStick's comment. I have to admit I enjoy reading OotS more than I do my archives, but fortunately one of the big benefits of webcomics is that they don't force you to choose between them.

Winged One
2006-05-22, 01:10 AM
I rather like it, but I believe that I may be a bit of a sucker for plane-hopping comics.

CelestialStick
2006-05-22, 04:19 AM
Wow, I had no idea it was being discussed here at all. That's neat.

Just to avoid any sort of bias I'll avoid getting into any discussion on the quality of the comic, although thanks to those who have complimented it.

As far as CelestialStick's comment. I have to admit I enjoy reading OotS more than I do my archives, but fortunately one of the big benefits of webcomics is that they don't force you to choose between them.

Well keep in mind that I can't draw anything at all. ;)

Orion-the-G
2006-05-22, 04:24 AM
Heh, no problem. I'm not of the opinion that being unable to draw doesn't mean you can't tell something you don't like when you see it.

CelestialStick
2006-05-22, 05:38 AM
Heh, no problem. I'm not of the opinion that being unable to draw doesn't mean you can't tell something you don't like when you see it.

I just didn't want to come across as insulting to you since you've obviously put a lot of time, effort and creativity into your comic. :)

I will most likely go back and read through the rest of them at some point. At the moment I'm supposed to be preparing my class lesson for this morning's American history class at 9AM. Of course it's more fun to post comments and read comics... ;)

Orion-the-G
2006-05-22, 10:01 PM
If the worst that gets said about my comic is that it is not as good as OoTS, then I'm a very lucky person.

starwoof
2006-05-23, 02:29 AM
I like Beyond Reality a lot. Everytime theres a discussion about tentacles and schoolgirls I link to that one comic... I think you know the one I mean. I just need to finish reading through the archives now.

Also, It led me to a place where I will eventually host my webcomic. I mean, as soon as I draw enough episodes...

High-Chancellor
2006-05-23, 04:16 AM
My only problem with it is that[spoiler?] Laura hasn't really beat anything up since those orcs at the beginning. The taser doesn't count. \ That makes me sad.