PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice!

Shas aia Toriia
2007-06-21, 02:31 PM
My brother and I are just starting Magic and are wondering can we sacrifice indescriminatly, or are there certain conditions that must be met for us to sacrifice?

Jothki
2007-06-21, 03:48 PM
You mean as part of an upkeep or activation cost? I don't think there's any limit on that, anything that's in play that you control is fair game.

Ronsian
2007-06-21, 04:40 PM
Sacrifice as much as you want, whenever you want. However, they have to be YOUR guys. Beyond that you play them as instants, whenever or in response.. You can take control of a enemy's guy (so you control it) then sacrifice.

lumberofdabeast
2007-06-21, 04:51 PM
In order to sacrifice, you must first do something that requires you to make a sacrifice of some sort. I.E. you can't just toss a creature into the graveyard, you have to play a spell or activate an ability that requires you to sacrifice a creature as part of its cost or effect.

Kurald Galain
2007-06-21, 05:27 PM
Yeah, wat LODB said. You can't sac at will. If a creature has negative effects to yourself (and some do) that's your problem, you can't just get rid of it like that.

Also, if an effect says "tap, sacrifice bleh: do something" you can't sacrifice two blehs.

Deleran
2007-06-21, 08:17 PM
At first I thought this thread was gonna be about the RTS by the same name :smallfrown: . Anyway, agreeing with the last two posters. You can only sacrifice to an effect or as a cost or whatever. Can't do it for no reason at all.