PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Racial types of Heroes; and how do I keep them at ECL 1 at game Start

Tody Shelfungus
2016-04-02, 11:11 AM
| Alright I have a question, in my campaign even though it is 3.5 D&D I have most of the population. Mundane [no class level]- these persons are affected by Both the Aura of a Hero, and the Aura of a Fantasy race.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?483463-The-Crystal-Citadels-Sector-The-Deeps-of-the-Morning-star-Battlemount

That said the question has to do with the Races that the Heroes start with. In this world the first requirement is that the race be an (ECL of one) with the Class.

So here is an example A child is one of the "Cursed" this particular on is what is called a Dragon-soldier desendent of cursed dragons. They grow to puberty as humans but then do two things they begin to gain hit dice and size unless they are Minions or what the Goblin-folk call "runts".

it is these runts that in puberty are the source of dragon-soldier Heroes, these as in all other races the ones to begin to gain class levels.

The race of a Dragon-soldier, can change from human like to a dragon, the dragon has two front claw attacks 1d2 each that if both hit allow another 1d4 racking damage. Dragon is on all fours can enter a 3' tunnel at full speed, is large, can run 8" but fly between 12"-16" If it can get to that speed. jump from height, or of some thing fast moving. it can slow its fall to land with wings and go nowhere, or fall to pick up speed to start flying. If it has 5' range it can breath a cone breath weapon that does 1d2 damage.

My question on this race is this I have heard that usually large size creates a +1 LA, so what negative traits can be used to balance out that out?

Below are more of the cursed;

Death Thralls:
Vampyr (minor);
It starts as any class, Was either in thrall to a Vampire or necromancer. This race takes damage from hours of exposure to sun. A Vampyr can not heal hit points damge without drinking blood. This Minion of vampires doesn't drain levels and really only exists because of the existence of zero levels NPCs in my campaign. Any person of heroic class can seethe vapmyr's blood red glowing eyes, and white fangs. But due to their Fantastic aure mundanes can't see these clues. If given time the Vampyr can fascinate zero level mundanes and the Vampyr can confuse or blank out the memory. If an NPC is a regular donor their Con & Cha go up by two. IF this is done when the Vampyr is still in thrall to a Master vampire or necromancer the fascinated is temporarily under "Suggestion" to that Master, though this secondary link is not so for a Free Heroic Vampyr.

Shadowwalker Ghoul;
It starts as any class, Was either in thrall to a Demi-god on the island of the ships of the dead. Where they are sent sent to bring in quickly the bodies of heroes who get to compete for a place as guardians of the island and ports, those losing passing beyond to the ships.
Or they are in thrall to a Necromancer Prince who sends them to collect newly dead who are not under blessing and force them to battle each other for a place in the Draug Huskarls, and the losers spirit consumed by the Necromancer Lich and the... well we don't need to go there.
This creature is able to use the portals in the temples and shrines, but also others in cemeteries, and old battlegrounds in the dark of night. It is able to do a form of shadow walking in current battlegrounds but may find itself fighting over control of dead. it is able to animate dead creating zombies one every three levels rounded up. But these are unable to fight the living but can be turned on the dead such as another of their own race under thrall or undead.
The Shadow walker ghoul can wrap itself in shadows to remain hidden from mundanes, or take the form of a dead person retrieved.

Gargoyle (wardens);
These are a race of Hobgoblins have a skin as if leater armor, they can fly a minimum speed of 24 and a maximum speed of 36 but only walk 8, or climb 3. a spell that suggests, fastenates, or commands does so at double range or 15' minimum if the Warden is in human form. Warden can appear to mundanes as stone even to feel if standing on stone, wood if standing on earth.

Now that I am half asleep and my grandaughter has arrived to play with Poe Poe.

What do you think what do I need to do with them to balance them at ECL 1?

Tody Shelfungus
2016-04-05, 08:54 PM
A race of Dragon, where tasked to Guard a Divine Artifact used in the Great War between the Titans and the Gods. The Dragons parents the Titans Tia... And Bahamut, had done the quivilent of smamming the bedroom door on the multiverse as they coped with Tia.. lethal temper about a handmaiden and a pregnancy.

Fear of their mothers relatives had the children take the side of the Gods and abandon any return to the Ethereal-elemental plains. One unit of dragons three of each color, were assigned to guard a suit of armor, they were chosen to be the best of each sub-race of the children. But they were still children, they took turns taking the armor out and wearing it in human form. playing with it's powers when a Demon snuck in in dragon form and tricked them into letting it put the armor on then vanished.
As the Second War of the Gods had Started this threw a major advantage to the forces of Evil.
Due to their playing with the armor in humanoid actually human form, the first generation was cursed to spend their life in human form Though they lived to dragon years. The children of these so cursed were cursed themselves they grew up as humans until puberty when they became what we now know as dragon soldiers. if these Dragon soldiers are taken as children they can be placed in thrall to deities, or makic-users, using awe powers or suggestions which permently bond them to their masters. At this time the Dragon soldiers have two forms a human one often like the native of the area they live in, and two a large sized dragon of light frame....
to be continued