PDA

View Full Version : PvP battle simulator

wunderkid
2016-04-02, 08:45 PM
Right the aim of the game is to make a battle simulator for a one shot. All characters will be level 20. What I'm trying to find out now is what to ban from it (for example the wish spell). Things that will flat out end the fight before it even starts. And some basic rules to implement, for example you get a round to buff, no flight, how many if any magical items.

Now I fully expect some brutalities and some turn one ko's.

So far it's going to be a round robin, based across 3 rounds best of 3, first will be full resources, second will be half resources for long rest mechanics (I think rounded down but could be rounded up, thoughts?), and last will be with no rest refreshing mechanics, empty spell slots, empty rages etc. What I typically expect to see is full caster types doing well in round 1, but not so well in round 3.

I think 1-3 rounds of buffing seems fair, but I'm not sure how much it could imbalance things.

The arena size I need to determine but it will be played using models with a mini print out for each player where they can represent traps or hiding places behind a screen in order to keep the use of AoE effects fair and reduce metagaming as much as possible.

Also what builds would you bring? I'd love to theory craft a few battles using online rolling simulators to get a feel for what to expect and how it may pan out. Once the rules are a little more fleshed out of course.