PDA

View Full Version : Wee Jas's domains

martyboy74
2007-06-21, 03:26 PM
I'm creating a Cleric who has Wee Jas as his god, and I was wondering what domains she gives access to, beyond core. I have the SpC, so I know what they are, I just need to know which ones. Can anyone help me?

Illiterate Scribe
2007-06-21, 03:29 PM
Death, Law, Magic, Portal, Pride.

Rachel Lorelei
2007-06-21, 03:30 PM
I would think that "Spell" would be on there, as well... there are a lot of domains, and there aren't exhaustive lists of non-core domains for most deities! You should be able to work something out with your DM. If you're looking for power as well as flavor, Pride and Spell are two of the best!

martyboy74
2007-06-21, 03:31 PM
Thank you both. I will do that.

Sonofaspectre
2007-06-21, 03:37 PM
If you have Complete Divine, it lists Wee Jas' domains as Death, Domination, Law, MAgic, and Mind. I believe two of those are only in that Complete book. Hope that helps some.

Person_Man
2007-06-21, 03:55 PM
According to the Greyhawk Wiki, his domains are Death, Law, and Magic.

You can view all the domains on Crystalkeep. My favorites are Travel, Trickery, Time, Slime, Transformation, Truth, and Domination.

Fax Celestis
2007-06-21, 04:15 PM
According to the Greyhawk Wiki, his domains are Death, Law, and Magic.

You can view all the domains on Crystalkeep. My favorites are Travel, Trickery, Time, Slime, Transformation, Truth, and Domination.

I'm a fan of Hunger, myself.

Jack Mann
2007-06-21, 04:16 PM
Living Greyhawk gives her domains as domination, inquisition, law, magic, mind, and repose.

Talya
2007-06-21, 05:11 PM
Not to be confused with Hugh Jas, who has this spell (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2774106&postcount=13) in one of his domains.

Fax Celestis
2007-06-21, 05:13 PM
Not to be confused with Hugh Jas, who has this spell (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2774106&postcount=13) in one of his domains.

Yup. Hugh Jas has a subordinate deity too. His name's Haywood Djiblomi.

ocato
2007-06-21, 05:16 PM
Maybe I'm a goober, but I like strength domain.

TheOOB
2007-06-21, 05:29 PM
I always liked Wee Jas, she's a nice diety to follow if you want to play around with necromancy and death magic and not have a huge social stigma. She's acually a pretty popular goddess in greyhawk, being the Suel's principle goddess of magic, the death aspect is more secondary.

Plus when in Suel territory, it's nice to be allied with the organization that most likely runs the courthouses :P

Rachel Lorelei
2007-06-21, 11:05 PM

...oh, god, that's ~terrible~!

Skyserpent
2007-06-21, 11:24 PM
For the record: Wee Jas wasn't that awesome until she got that Dragon Article... Now she rokks.

Callix
2007-06-21, 11:38 PM
Not to mention the Ruby Knight Vindicator... there's a horribly abusive build of that which can do up to 23k damage in one round on the wizards boards... it involved using Time Stands Still and Combat Rhythm from Stormguard Warrior, then White Raven Tactics on yourself, then burn 4 turn attempts to get it all back... 20-something times!

kpenguin
2007-06-22, 12:43 AM
I believe that Greyhawk Wee Jas also has Repose domain, just to make her more PC friendly.

Jack Mann
2007-06-22, 12:53 AM
*Points to his post*

kpenguin
2007-06-22, 12:57 AM
ah, sorry there.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Wee Jas. If you like magic, be a cleric of Boccob. If you like death, be a cleric of Nerull. Wee Jas is just stepping on their toes.

TheOOB
2007-06-22, 01:28 AM
ah, sorry there.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Wee Jas. If you like magic, be a cleric of Boccob. If you like death, be a cleric of Nerull. Wee Jas is just stepping on their toes.

Not really, not if you know much about greyhawk. The first thing you need to know is that Boccob and Nerull are greater gods, and thus represent broad overreaching concepts and are generally less involved in the affairs of mortals then lesser gods. Lesser gods not only are more active, but tend to represent a more specific set of ideas.

It should also be noted that Wee Jas is a Suel goddess, and Suel, being the arrogent subrace of humans they are, tend to only worship Suel dieties(though as time goes on more non-suels worship suel dieities). Nerull, and I think Boccob as well, are both orginally Flan gods. Anyways, Wee Jas represents everything it is to be Suel, she is knowledgable, magical, orderly, and vain, which makes her very popular among the Suel. After the rain of colorless fire (basically an uber epic spell that wiped out most the suel) they looked to their favorite magic goddess to see if the souls of their dead loved ones where making it to the next world safe, and she kinda gained her death aspect that way, your more likely to see a Wee Jas funeral then a Wee Jas necromacy party (though she doesn't let pesky things like morals inhibit the search for magical power).

Gods arn't just a portfolio and domains, they represent an entire orgnization, history, and way of thinking. A follower of Wee Jas will be very popular in Suel dominated areas(though followers of other goddesses of beauty tend to get jealous, and Wee Jas of them), have access to all the best libraries, both magical and mudane, and be called upon to sheperd the souls of the dead to the afterlife.

Inyssius Tor
2007-06-22, 04:59 AM
After the rain of colorless fire (basically an uber epic spell that wiped out most the suel).

Man, how many Cataclysms did Greyhawk have!?

Jack Mann
2007-06-22, 05:03 AM
As many as necessary.

jamroar
2007-06-22, 07:43 AM
Man, how many Cataclysms did Greyhawk have!?

If you mean the Invoked Devastation, it and the Rain of Colorless Fire happened together. Basically, the ancient Baklunish and Suel empires magically nuked each other out of existence with epic magic, and pockets of the survivors migrated east to found new nations.

MegasquidMan
2007-06-22, 08:02 PM
Also, if you have Lords of Madness, Wee Jas has the Mind Domain (good if you want to add a psionic touch, minus the psionics).

As for SkySerpent... I started liking her when I saw her picture in the Deitied and Demigods book (little hint: She's QUITE hot!)