PDA

View Full Version : Maneuver Prerequisites

Beelzebub1111
2016-04-03, 08:12 AM
If you gain multiple maneuvers at the same level, do you have to count them in a certain order for meeting prerequisites, or can you count them all at once?

MisterKaws
2016-04-03, 09:06 AM
As long as the final result meets the requirements, I think it's fine.

Darrin
2016-04-03, 09:44 AM
In general, if multiple things happen at the same time, you can choose the most beneficial order of events for your character, unless the text says otherwise.

Beelzebub1111
2016-04-03, 09:53 AM
In general, if multiple things happen at the same time, you can choose the most beneficial order of events for your character, unless the text says otherwise.

So, if my effective initiator level is high enough when I take my first level of warblade, I could take three maneuvers with the prerequisite of "two other iron heart maneuvers"

ColossusCrusher
2016-04-03, 10:19 AM
I don't think so - you still have to choose them in an order, I would think. You can definitely get something that has a prerequisite, but you could do something like Wall of Blades -> Iron Heart Surge -> Mithral Tornado. My personal favorite Warblade dip is at level 9 - grab Wall of Blades -> Iron Heart Surge and Leading the Charge -> White Raven Tactics. Your previous 8 levels give you IL 4, Warblade gets it to 5 and you can pick third level maneuvers.

OldTrees1
2016-04-03, 10:29 AM
If you gain multiple maneuvers at the same level, do you have to count them in a certain order for meeting prerequisites, or can you count them all at once?

The first. To select a maneuver you must first fulfill the prerequisites. ColossusCrusher gives a good example.

So you could select 1 0prereqs Shadow Hand manuever and 2 1prereq Shadow Hand manuevers with 3 maneuvers.

Zancloufer
2016-04-03, 10:36 AM
The first. To select a maneuver you must first fulfill the prerequisites. ColossusCrusher gives a good example.

So you could select 1 0prereqs Shadow Hand manuever and 2 1prereq Shadow Hand manuevers with 3 maneuvers.

Or select 1 that has no per-requisite, one that needs a single per-requisite and a third that needs two. Also note that if you level up and can trade away that one manoeuvre with no per-requisite for one that needs two at that point. They never specify what level of manoeuvre you need to qualify just that you need to have 1-4 others from the same school.