PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

Sonofaspectre
2007-06-21, 03:33 PM
I've been reading a lot of threads here talking about people joining the Order, like Hinjo, the redshirts, O-Chul, and others. But what about those other second-tier, third-tier characters that have shown up? Like the Shadowdancer and his crazy dwarf! I loved those guys, they were very cool! I want to see them again, maybe even join the crew of the Order for awhile.

Are there any other characters you guys wanna see that have had some screentime, or maybe deserve some more?

Sir_Norbert
2007-06-21, 03:47 PM
The pretty girl we only saw once, launching alchemist's fire off the decks of the Mechane in #392. I like pretty girls.

tahu88810
2007-06-21, 04:39 PM
what shadow dancer and his crazy dwarf?

Man...I'm gonna have to read them all now just to see if I missed somebody, cuz this is the second thread with somebody I don't know of in it...

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-21, 04:43 PM
what shadow dancer and his crazy dwarf?

Man...I'm gonna have to read them all now just to see if I missed somebody, cuz this is the second thread with somebody I don't know of in it...

At the inn, the two assassins. Somewhere around strip 230 I believe.

tahu88810
2007-06-21, 04:45 PM
At the inn, the two assassins. Somewhere around strip 230 I believe.

Oh, alright.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-21, 04:45 PM
The pretty girl we only saw once, launching alchemist's fire off the decks of the Mechane in #392. I like pretty girls.

Wow, I never even noticed her. DANG, she is pretty. I like brunettes.

SpikeFightwicky
2007-06-21, 04:58 PM
How about the Ninja-in-training waitress?

RyQ_TMC
2007-06-22, 02:19 PM
Wow, I never even noticed her. DANG, she is pretty. I like brunettes.

Hey, you're right. She actually IS pretty. Funny how Rich could make a stick figure prettier than the other ones.

I'd gladly see the guy who made portraits of Nale and Thog in the Cliffport part. You know, just to make portraits.

Dolash
2007-06-22, 05:23 PM
Without going into the truly minorest of minor characters, there are probably plenty of secondary characters we might see again. Then again, it's just as likely that we do not, but speculation's fun.

Julio Scoundrel, for example. True, he specifically stated that he hopes he never sees Elan again for fear of a dramatically appropriate death, but still, he's a pretty neat character and they might need him and his airship again. At the very least, his wandering lifestyle makes it possible that they could run into him anywhere.

The Cliffport Police are a possibility too, because Cliffport's come up in the plot twice now - once as the site of the battle with Nale and also as where Roy's father's master was slain by Xykon. It seems to be relatively notable in the world and is both a port and an airport. If they have reason to stay there awhile, it's a pretty safe bet they'll meet the police again.

As has already been said, the dwarf and shadowdancer assassins are possible candidates to be seen again. Basically, if there's ever another assassination or assassination attempt, it's likely they'll reenter the picture. Of course, despite being fairly interesting they're also almost the picture of throwaway characters - the 'guest stars' of an episode, if you will.

Leeky and what's-his-name the half elf are possible returnees, although I don't see them figuring big on any upcoming plots. If they appear at all, I'd guess only as a cameo or one-page encounter to finish them off, kind of like Samantha and her father. Hilgya on the other hand, I can see her coming back for a whole new arc. There's too much unfinished business/potential for drama and humour between her and Durkon, and Durkon could always use some more screentime.

basilisk 89
2007-06-22, 05:29 PM
How about the Ninja-in-training waitress?

Yeah. She could be fighting hobgoblins that are breaking into the restaurant. She could at least get a cameo fighting hobbos as Haley and Belkar rush through the city. Or, as ninja, she has a good Hide skill. She could help them get to Roy by leading them through the restaurant!

Tyrrell
2007-06-22, 05:30 PM
My favorite is Gortok the Destroyer from 132, 133, and 174. but I don't think that we'll ever see him again :smallfrown:

Chronos
2007-06-22, 09:08 PM
As has already been said, the dwarf and shadowdancer assassins are possible candidates to be seen again.I can't remember who pointed it out before, but we won't see them at least until there's another explosion. We need to see some shadows so they can jump back out of them.

David Argall
2007-06-22, 09:26 PM
There are shadows around, wherever they are convenient to the story. MitD has a constant shadow around him for example. So no, nothing special is needed to get these assassins back, just a scene where they are useful.
[Since Ninja's are deemed cooler, that will not be until the party leaves the city at least.]

Lavidor
2007-06-23, 10:32 AM
There are shadows around, wherever they are convenient to the story. MitD has a constant shadow around him for example. So no, nothing special is needed to get these assassins back, just a scene where they are useful.
[Since Ninja's are deemed cooler, that will not be until the party leaves the city at least.]

Hmmm... what if team evil walk next to the original inn site, then they jump out of the mitd. Heh, I can see it now:

Dwarf: Wheh! I be glad we finally be out of there. Stunk worse than a dead horse it did.
:mitd:: Who are you guys? And more importantly, where's the horse? I'm hungry.
Shadowdancer: Let's go report for another job.
:redcloak:(from offscreen): Come on! We'll feed you when we find an inn!

Porthos
2007-06-23, 10:37 AM
I can't remember who pointed it out before, but we won't see them at least until there's another explosion. We need to see some shadows so they can jump back out of them.

You mean like the shadow seen in this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0388.html)? :smalltongue: