PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt swiftblade gish build help

Nosta
2016-04-03, 01:02 PM
Ok i'll be starting to play in a new story tier 3 to 2 power wise. And recently i have fallen for the swiftblade prc. The gm is starting us at lv 10 and we'll be using the gestalt rules. My build so far is sorcerer 5 swiftblade 5 / fighter (dex based) 10. What i need help with is picking out my spells. My cha mod is 6 and we will be using the spell point form of magic. I want to use mostly transmutation, abjuration and evoation spells. Can some one help me pick out spells from 0th - 4th level spells?

Troacctid
2016-04-03, 01:37 PM
As a 10th level character you should have access to 5th level spells. Remember that since this is gestalt, you can take a Sorcerer level at the same time as your 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th levels of Swiftblade, allowing you to progress your casting at those levels.

It would also be more efficient to replace most of your Fighter levels with Rogue levels. Rogues can choose to gain the same bonus feat progression as a Fighter (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rogue), so you can get those bonus feats while also snagging a bunch of extra skill points as well as handy abilities such as evasion. Since Swiftblade already has full BAB, the usual drawback of dropping down to 3/4 BAB is irrelevant.

Aegis013
2016-04-03, 02:09 PM
Also, are you using an early entry trick? You'd need to have a 6th level of Sorcerer to have 3rd level spells available to use exclusively for haste, so I think you'd have to be Sorcerer 6/Swiftblade 4//Other-side.

Thurbane
2016-04-03, 11:03 PM
Sorcerer with Versatile Spellcaster and a way to get Haste as a spell known early (maybe a bloodline feat)? You can get in from 4th onwards...

ExLibrisMortis
2016-04-04, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't use sorcerer, both because it delays your entry so much, and because you're not getting any useful class features out of levels 7-10, which you'll want to take opposite to swiftblade 1, 4, 7, and 10. Instead, how about wizard 5/swiftblade 5//warblade 5/wizard 1/warblade +2/wizard +1/warblade +1?

If you're sold on sorcerer, you can do the same with crusader, of course.