PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Sidequests/Extra Encounters for Carrion Crown?

Togath
2016-04-03, 04:42 PM
I've been runnign Carrion crown for a few weeks, and my party just entered Harrowstone...
After skipping a lot of part 3. ^_^;
Now, they're slightly larger than normal, and seem to be fairing decently...
So I've been considering adding some sort of sidequest between part 1 and 2, and/or a few more encoutners within harrowstone. Anyone have any ideas?
So far I've added an ectoplasmic human to the initial slamming doors haunt, turned the "skipping song" into an encoutner with a diseased dog(carrying zombie rot), replaced the Xtabay with a Vampire Rose(and moved it to below the empty watchtower), added an extra set of haunted manacles, removed the straightjacket(since I'm worried it might be too strong for how early the party meets it) and replaced it with three ectoplasmic humans, and added a Floor's Flare haunt to the entrance to the basement(though whether or not it'll do anything I'm unsure. The party may choose to rely on magical light and/or dark vision).

For sidequest ideas, the "Saffron House" seemed like it might be interesting, though I'm not quite sure what might be interesting to put there.
As another note; I replaced the piper's stirges with "Canterwall Ravens"(actually eagles, stat-wise, though I'm not quite sure of the giant raven's stats yet), and want to try to make the Piper encounter and Father Charlatan more interesting(so far, my idea has been to remove the paralysis effect of the Piper, but let them attack each round, while Charlatan will mimic the stats and appearance of party members, changing each time he is damaged).

my party is a psychic, an occultist, an unchained monk(houseruled to work with hungry ghost, by replacing a few ki powers at certain levels), an empiricist investigator, and a cleric(with kitsune, elf, dhampir, male lashunta, and tiefling as the races, in that order).