PDA

View Full Version : Childhood Adventures, Part 1 (OoC)

r2d2go
2016-04-03, 07:06 PM
Here's the OoC!

Go ahead and pick colors, talk about the background if you'd like. Then, do stuff IC if you want to, post that you're not in here if you don't.

Al: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=765034
Earnie: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=766562

Dromuthra
2016-04-03, 11:32 PM
Earnest Proudhill (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=766562)

Well, I usually pick blue, so let's be a touch different this time! Earnie will speak in bold orange, and think like this. He will also use [These tags] to note actions or thoughts (mostly thoughts) that happen in the past, if I want to embellish descriptive narrative. Not intended to break the game in the slightest or provide mechanical help; just to state what Earnie would have done/thought if moved through circumstances (if that's okay)

I threw a connection between us into my backstory; any objections?

Also, what equipment (if any) will we be starting with?

Dromuthra
2016-04-04, 01:00 AM
Uh, to clarify, I was asking the orc to lunch. Sorry if that wasn't obvious. (I was totally showing the bully the error of his ways though)

r2d2go
2016-04-04, 01:01 AM
Well, I usually pick blue, so let's be a touch different this time! Earnie will speak in bold orange, and think like this. He will also use [These tags] to note actions or thoughts (mostly thoughts) that happen in the past, if I want to embellish descriptive narrative. Not intended to break the game in the slightest or provide mechanical help; just to state what Earnie would have done/thought if moved through circumstances (if that's okay)

I threw a connection between us into my backstory; any objections?

Also, what equipment (if any) will we be starting with?

No objections to the connection.

Right now, your equipment is:

One school uniform
Three quills
One bottle of ink
One notebook (50 pages)
One backpack, with name embroidered
One trinket of your choice from home (value < 10 gp, small enough to wrap your hand around)

You also found four textbooks below your seat. They're weathered, bound in (at least now) featureless leather, so you can't really tell what they are without reading.

Delete-edit as to not double post: Forgot some rolls :P

[roll0]

Dromuthra
2016-04-04, 01:10 AM
No objections to the connection.

Right now, your equipment is:

One school uniform
Three quills
One bottle of ink
One notebook (50 pages)
One backpack, with name embroidered
One trinket of your choice from home (value < 10 gp, small enough to wrap your hand around)

You also found four textbooks below your seat. They're weathered, bound in (at least now) featureless leather, so you can't really tell what they are without reading.

Delete-edit as to not double post: Forgot some rolls :P

[roll0]

Neato! Can my trinket be an (excellent) cookbook and some nice spices? (No in-game bonus, but it's a very halfling thing that his parents would have left him). Also, I refer you to my post above (that the lunch comment was to the orc) in case there was confusion in the IC thread.

r2d2go
2016-04-04, 01:17 AM
Neato! Can my trinket be an (excellent) cookbook and some nice spices? (No in-game bonus, but it's a very halfling thing that his parents would have left him). Also, I refer you to my post above (that the lunch comment was to the orc) in case there was confusion in the IC thread.

Yes to the spices, no to the cookbook; They're pretty strict about not letting you bring too much, especially big or expensive things, from home. You'll have to remember the recipes.

Uh, to clarify, I was asking the orc to lunch. Sorry if that wasn't obvious. (I was totally showing the bully the error of his ways though)

Oh, I know :smalltongue: So does the bully.

Dromuthra
2016-04-04, 01:20 AM
Yes to the spices, no to the cookbook; They're pretty strict about not letting you bring too much, especially big or expensive things, from home. You'll have to remember the recipes.

No problem; I figure Earnie's made or helped make nearly everything in there at this point. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, I know :smalltongue: So does the bully.

Yollanda's heaping flapjacks! He's more dastardly than expected! :smalltongue:

hustlertwo
2016-04-04, 03:43 AM
Hello hello! Just so you know, the OoC thread seems to be in the IC forum. You may want to have a mod move it.

Good start so far, although I wish Al had enough muscle to make a proper go of this.

Green will work for Al.

Dromuthra
2016-04-04, 08:43 AM
Hustlertwo, could you post a link to your character sheet here? It'll make referencing your abilities/backstory easier later.

hustlertwo
2016-04-04, 08:45 AM
Sure thing.

Altarion (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=765034)

Dromuthra
2016-04-04, 01:09 PM
Sadly, Earnie's not the greatest cook yet (Though he will be! Someday! Maybe!) with only 1 rank. He's enthusiastic, and has a good head for recipes, but has a tendency to not measure right or forget to stir, etc (is how I'm fluffing knowing recipes despite only having 1 rank).

Dromuthra
2016-04-08, 07:11 PM
I'll be posting really late tonight; today's been hectic.

Editing rather than double posting: I sometimes forget that we're only 10 and 11 right now. The 'race' was an attempt to play Earnie a little closer to his age, but it's definitely different than usual (in a very fun way).

r2d2go
2016-04-12, 12:01 AM
I'll be posting really late tonight; today's been hectic.

Editing rather than double posting: I sometimes forget that we're only 10 and 11 right now. The 'race' was an attempt to play Earnie a little closer to his age, but it's definitely different than usual (in a very fun way).

Glad to hear it! :smallbiggrin:

r2d2go
2016-04-29, 01:26 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Dromuthra
2016-05-09, 12:56 AM
Don't worry, I subscribed to this thread so I wouldn't lose it!

I'd like to advance more on the month/year goal rather than the next age category for now. It'd be nice to have them both settled into the school, but I definitely want more time to work on the Andrew issue. Earnie certainly thinks we can redeem him!

Have you, by any chance, read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality? If you have, Earnie's attitude towards Andrew is much the same as Harry's towards Draco. If you're going to save someone/bring them to the right path, isn't it best to do it where it has the most value?

hustlertwo
2016-05-09, 03:39 AM
Sure, I am good with moving it ahead a few months to where things are more established, but we aren't yet teenagers.

And I have never even read Harry Potter, period. Just never got around to it.

r2d2go
2016-05-13, 11:46 AM
Sorry, wasn't sure if you wanted IC response time. I have read HPMoR though :smallbiggrin:

Some more rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Saves successful.

hustlertwo
2016-05-18, 07:19 PM
Bumpity bump.

Dromuthra
2016-05-19, 09:56 AM
I think this is the last week of r2d2go's finals, because if memory serves their finals end one week after mine. I imagine this is a pretty hectic week.

r2d2go
2016-05-19, 10:52 AM
I think this is the last week of r2d2go's finals, because if memory serves their finals end one week after mine. I imagine this is a pretty hectic week.

Indeed! Though I actually don't have any finals left - my only true final test was taken early, yesterday. I do have three final projects due, one which I'm done with, another which is ~90% done, and the last which I've barely started :/ I'll get up a post later today, eta 3 hours.

Dromuthra
2016-05-26, 04:12 PM
Earnie wanted to be specifically looking for what Andrew did, and what happened. So what did he see? (Asking here because I figure it's easier than wasting a post in the IC thread).

r2d2go
2016-05-26, 05:39 PM
Earnie wanted to be specifically looking for what Andrew did, and what happened. So what did he see? (Asking here because I figure it's easier than wasting a post in the IC thread).

I'll roll spot for you and Al: [roll0], [roll1]

Andrew simply put his hand on the book, and one symbol glowed. It looked like some sort of blade. Notably, two colors appeared, green and gold entwining to form the grip and hilt of the weapon, while they ran on opposite sides of the blade itself. You're not sure what god it is.

Dromuthra
2016-05-26, 09:05 PM
Oh heads up - I'll be gone on vacation from tomorrow until Monday afternoon, with unknown access to internet. Sorry about that!

hustlertwo
2016-05-27, 05:43 AM
Have a good time!

r2d2go
2016-05-27, 05:14 PM
Oh heads up - I'll be gone on vacation from tomorrow until Monday afternoon, with unknown access to internet. Sorry about that!

No problem, enjoy your trip :smallsmile:

Dromuthra
2016-07-06, 11:16 AM
Checking in - it's been about a week? Everyone still around?

hustlertwo
2016-07-06, 11:33 AM
I was thinking the same thing this morning, noticed we'd gone silent for a while. But yes, I am here.

r2d2go
2016-07-06, 06:36 PM
I was thinking the same thing this morning, noticed we'd gone silent for a while. But yes, I am here.

Shoot. Totally my bad, I've been busy and other threads buried this one. I'll get an IC post up as soon as I can.

Dromuthra
2016-07-15, 05:34 PM
Hey guys, so I'm going camping for two weeks starting Sunday and getting back on the 29th. It's a campground with cabins, electricity, and signal, so I'll probably be able to update a few times a week, but my posting is likely to be spotty.

r2d2go
2016-07-17, 12:46 AM
Hey guys, so I'm going camping for two weeks starting Sunday and getting back on the 29th. It's a campground with cabins, electricity, and signal, so I'll probably be able to update a few times a week, but my posting is likely to be spotty.

No problem, my posting is always spotty :smalleek: sorry about that, by the way.

IC inc.

r2d2go
2016-07-25, 05:36 AM
Okay, so, I was going to wait for Earnie to act, but it's been quite awhile. I guess I'll ask - are you up for waiting, hustler? The alternative I have in mind is just moving forward with the assumption Earnie goes in too, without any further comment.

hustlertwo
2016-07-26, 07:35 AM
I'm good with either, but no comment probably is fine, not much to say.

r2d2go
2016-07-28, 03:13 AM
I think I'll just wait for a bit, mostly because it's a pretty involved section of my plan and I'm about to be quite busy, and also because Dromuthra's absence gives me an excuse :smalltongue:

Dromuthra
2016-07-31, 05:34 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of posting. I thought I'd have some free time, and that turned out to be a highly unreasonable expectation. I'll post Earnie's actions in a minute.

r2d2go
2016-08-15, 09:12 PM
Okay, back from my trip, should be more stable now. My classes are starting in a week though, so I should be more consistent if somewhat slow. I'll try to make it so there's at most a 72 hour gap between posts, though.

Dromuthra
2016-09-26, 08:33 PM
What sort of roll do I need to take the keys?